Asura.Vafruvant
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-09-12 02:27:33
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »
Asura.Vafruvant said: »
function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.action_type == 'Ranged Attack' then
        if buffactive[581] then
            equip(sets.Flurry2)
        elseif buffactive[265] then
            equip(sets.Flurry)
        else
            equip(sets.precast.RA)
        end
    end
end

Not working, equips sets.precast.RA even if i have flurry on, what mote files i need? i only use mote-include.
Sorry for taking so long to respond, have been busy lately. I'll need to see the rest of your file in order to address why it's not working properly. Please use http://www.pastebin.com and link it here or PM it to me and I'll try to fix it for you.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-09-12 02:31:39
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Out of curiosity, how would one make it so you automatically equip Councilor's Garb using Mote's files? I tried to do this myself by editing the Mote-Mappings and Mote-Include files then finally my own gearswap but it wasn't successful.

Wish I could get the hang of this!
In your function user_setup(), put this line:
Code
areas.AdoulinCity = S{'Eastern Adoulin','Western Adoulin','Mog Garden','Celennia Memorial Library'}
Then, in your function customize_idle_set(idleSet), this:
Code
	if areas.AdoulinCity:contains(world.area) then
		idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, {body="Councilor's Garb"})
	end
If you don't have that function in your file, use this:
Code
function customize_idle_set(idleSet)
	if areas.AdoulinCity:contains(world.area) then
		idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, {body="Councilor's Garb"})
	end

return idleSet
end
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-09-12 02:37:58
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Boq said: »
Hello again. I'm reposting this in a better format and hopefully I can be more explicit in what I'm looking for to fix this code. I'm using Kinematic's SMN lua as a base, which does not contain any segment of code dealing with Curing during lightsday or weather. I'd like to add this into my lua, and I can't seem to get the coding correct. What I'm trying to do is have the Hachirin-no-Obi equipped midcast when cures are cast during lightsday and/or weather.

I've put my full lua code below. The relevant portion where I have the weather/day conditions defined is:

The result when I run my lua file is that I end up casting Cures with my precast belt (verified by having the showswaps on) during lightsday or light weather.

If someone could help figure this out I'd be very appreciative.

Full lua code:
In your function user_setup(), put this line:
Code
gear.default.obi_waist = ""
and put whatever belt you would normally cast cures without weather/day inside the quotes. Then, in your cure set, rename the waist slot to:
Code
waist=gear.ElementalObi
and it will automatically trigger with day/weather. If day/weather don't match, it will use your gear.default.obi_waist as listed above.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-09-12 02:40:19
Link | Citer | R

Ulthakptah said: »
I have a morally grey question about gearswap. You know how when you get charmed you can't use menus or anything? During that time can gearswap still change your equipment?
I don't think so. I've never done any charm testing, as it's difficult to fully test it since there's no way to charm a fellow player. Relying on a mob to charm you through a TP move and testing that way can get tedious, at best. If I get a chance, I'll write something into my personal luas to trigger on a charm and see if the packets still send.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-09-12 02:45:00
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Verohawke said: »
Hi I have this weird error; tried everything including fresh install of gearswap, unloading all other addons and plugins:

Every time I zone, get a drop or buy/sell something from inventory I get following error on my screen (same error repeated 20 times)

Gearswap: Lua runtime error gearswap/gearswap.lua379: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

I looked up line 379 in gearswap.lua (but didn't touch anything /scared), wich says:
if not items[bag][slot] then items[bag][slot] = make_empty_item_table(slot) end

Could someone please help me out, this error is making me crazy and unloading gearswap because of that error spam I get bombarded with everytime I zone or my inv changes.

Gearswap seems to be working fine for the rest, if this can't be fixed, I would be happy with a mute method for that error line as well!
I no longer get this error, though I did for a short time right after an update (May would sound about right, as posted in the reply comment). This is my gearswap.lua file:
Explorer shows it last being modified on 8/18/2015, but I don't recall making any changes myself. Hope it helps!
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-09-12 02:45:38
Link | Citer | R

If I missed anything, post again or PM me and I'll try to help.
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-09-15 11:11:11
Link | Citer | R

Just wanna give a shout out and a huge thank you to Vafruvant for all the work and help he does on this thread for everyone with questions.
[+]
By Aeyela 2015-09-15 11:16:10
Link | Citer | R

Gearswap will not change equipment during Charm, no. Whilst I was fairly confident this would be the case I went and tested it anyway in Beacuedine and no, it cannot, no matter how hard you try. You just get myriad "Unable to equip..." lines, just like if you'd sent /equip feet "Something" commands natively.
 Phoenix.Tigertail
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Tigertail
By Phoenix.Tigertail 2015-09-15 14:06:13
Link | Citer | R

zaxtiss said: »
idss there anyway to have my mule send me a tell using gearswap if if its follow distance gets farther then a certin amount this would be great for when i mmulti box and dont notice if one of my alts gets stuck
I don't think there is. I'll check, but I don't recall seeing anything like it.

Woo that would be great, my taru is always getting stuck... :D Another nice thing would be to automatically take off movement speed if you set the alt to follow, if she doesn't have equal movement speed. Yes. Lazy.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Serveur: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-09-15 14:29:10
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Tigertail said: »
zaxtiss said: »
idss there anyway to have my mule send me a tell using gearswap if if its follow distance gets farther then a certin amount this would be great for when i mmulti box and dont notice if one of my alts gets stuck
I don't think there is. I'll check, but I don't recall seeing anything like it.

Woo that would be great, my taru is always getting stuck... :D Another nice thing would be to automatically take off movement speed if you set the alt to follow, if she doesn't have equal movement speed. Yes. Lazy.

The distance method works fine, it's pretty easy to code into creating a trigger event which gets parsed whenever distance changes, and have it send a tell.

The 2nd one however is not so dosable, if you put your companion on follow there's no method locally on a machine using Lua to create a trigger for the event, what you can do however is just create a toggle to turn it on/off if party.member.player.name = mules name (although that would require some messing around with to work, it is technically doable). There's a tab on the windower site for lua about party members and person specific events, have a look! I made something using it to auto correct single target cures into Aga spells if the average of 3 players HP dropped below 75% ~.

Not the actual coding you need, but hope it's doable, if no one else has coded it for you, i'll dig it out from my old gearswaps when I get home from work in about 11 hours ._.

Edit:

I should mention that to party member name isn't an event and is a rule, so you would need to add some trigger either using a stat that changes every now and again to *** it, create a check for this data either changing sets (which could cause some stability issue) or create a custom Timer using lua.timer plugin (standard install includes this) and have it look while in a certain set but that adds a great deal more system usage from lua, lua however uses a rather small amount compared to C++ (spellcast) so it's doable on a better machine, but personally I wouldn't use it.
By zaxtiss 2015-09-15 14:32:08
Link | Citer | R

I thought it might be possible to do using target distance something like if auto follow == on then if target distance greater then 16 send command input /tell main "hey your missing some thing!!! ME!!!!" That would be great I go to work soon anyway so ill check out after. Sucks having to use a cell for this. >_<
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Serveur: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-09-16 00:11:24
Link | Citer | R

Having an issue where Hailstorm I+II will not equip my enhancing gear. Instead, my nuking gear is equipping. Rest of the storm-spells will properly set my enhancing gear.

Also, when the current storm spell is still active but about to wear off, using the same storm-spell (or Perpetuance+storm-spell) will NOT equip my Arbatel Bracers +1; same nuking gear is again equipped.

Root file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByGS22kY0-SpZ0N0VkcxMlpvZzg
Gear sidecar: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByGS22kY0-SpN0Rrc3RaU1hvNE0
 Asura.Arnan
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2015-09-16 18:20:31
Link | Citer | R

Does this cover all ways to cap magic haste on BLU now we have mighty guard? (excluding haste samba)

if (buffactive.March and (buffactive.Embrava or buffactive.Haste or buffactive['Mighty Guard']) or (buffactive.Haste == 2) or (buffactive['Mighty Guard']) and (buffactive.Embrava or buffactive.Haste)) and equipSet["HighHaste"] then
equipSet = equipSet["HighHaste"]
end

thanks
 Shiva.Hiep
Serveur: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-09-17 06:15:17
Link | Citer | R

For some reason, my Kaykaus Bliaut +1 isn't swapping in for my cure sets. Anyone know why? Pretty sure I spelled it right.

sets.midcast.Cure.ConserveMP = {main="Akademos",sub="Willpower Grip",ammo="Hasty Pinion +1",
head=gear.CuringHat,neck="Phalaina Locket",left_ear="Enchanter Earring +1",right_ear="Mendi. Earring",
body="Kaykaus Bliault +1",hands=gear.CMPHands,left_ring="Haoma's Ring",right_ring="Lebeche Ring",
back="Oretan. Cape +1",waist="Gishdubar Sash",legs=gear.CMPLegs,feet=gear.CMPFeet}
By Aeyela 2015-09-17 06:30:56
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Hiep said: »
body="Kaykaus Bliault +1"

Remove the L.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-09-18 21:01:13
Link | Citer | R

I'm trying to make a map with a handful of spells specifically for enmity. maps.Enmity = {} doesn't seem to work, and neither does magic_maps.Enmity = {}

Any ideas how I can do this?
 Bismarck.Inference
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2015-09-18 23:20:42
Link | Citer | R

If you're not looking to break down the spells into any further detail like varying 'tiers' or something a simple table should suffice :
Code
EnmitySpells = {"Flash","Stun",etc}

if EnmitySpells:contains(spell.english) then
   do something fancy
end
 Siren.Noxzema
Serveur: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-09-19 23:53:03
Link | Citer | R

How do I check set priorities? Before the update if I had my Avatar's Favor set on, and had my pet attacking it would create a hybrid set. But since the update, my pet melee set is taking priority over my Favor set, and I've checked 2 different luas. My sets work fine other than that.

Edit: Also happens with my pet PDT set.
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-09-20 15:54:34
Link | Citer | R

Having a problem with one of BLU's since the update. I'm using a mote based BLU lua, and it's not swapping gear for precast-midcast for mighty guard. I noticed the spell is taking too long to cast, then enabled show swaps, it's not switching gear, and I added 'Mighty Guard' to blue_magic_maps.Buff and to the unbridled_spells lists. I don't have cesspool, tearing gust, nor cruel joke yet, so I can't test those yet, but it's just not swapping gear for mighty guard. Friend of mine is having the same issue with gear not changing for mighty guard and he made the same changes I did.
By Aeyela 2015-09-20 16:28:39
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Noxzema said: »
How do I check set priorities? Before the update if I had my Avatar's Favor set on, and had my pet attacking it would create a hybrid set. But since the update, my pet melee set is taking priority over my Favor set, and I've checked 2 different luas. My sets work fine other than that.

It sounds like you don't need to check priorities as you've already established that your melee set is taking priority when it shouldn't. Post your Lua and we'll edit it as a simple reorder of code will likely correct it.

Asura.Sabishii said: »
Having a problem with one of BLU's since the update. I'm using a mote based BLU lua, and it's not swapping gear for precast-midcast for mighty guard. I noticed the spell is taking too long to cast, then enabled show swaps, it's not switching gear, and I added 'Mighty Guard' to blue_magic_maps.Buff and to the unbridled_spells lists. I don't have cesspool, tearing gust, nor cruel joke yet, so I can't test those yet, but it's just not swapping gear for mighty guard. Friend of mine is having the same issue with gear not changing for mighty guard and he made the same changes I did.

I don't know for sure what the problem is here, especially if you've added it to your map, but there's a dirty fix we can use for now if you just want it functioning. Add the following to your precast and midcast functions:
Code
if spell.name == 'Mighty Guard' then
equip(sets.precast)
end

Where sets.precast is the relevant set you want to equip for this spell. It's not pretty but it should do for now.
 Asura.Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-09-20 16:54:34
Link | Citer | R

I'm hunting around within Gearswap, and in gearswap/statics.lua, line 214-217, Cesspool, Mighty Guard, Tearing Gust, and Cruel Joke weren't added to unbridled_learning_set. That might do it.
 Asura.Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-09-20 17:23:23
Link | Citer | R

Sorry to double post, but I added them and the issue wasn't fixed =/ it's something else then.
By Aeyela 2015-09-21 03:35:47
Link | Citer | R

I can only assume that Gearswap itself needs updating for these new spells, especially if that fix I posted didn't work.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2015-09-21 09:29:23
Link | Citer | R

Complaint about mighty guard not registering in gearswap etc etc

edit: seems like there's a fix on dev that was posted on BG. I lost the link... uhh it's there though.
 Shiva.Hiep
Serveur: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-09-21 13:33:27
Link | Citer | R

I've having an issue when I cast 2 GEO spells back to back. The first spell swaps my Dunna in midcast, but my 2nd spell swaps in Sapience Orb for midcast. Not sure why Sapience is swapping in, but I need Dunna to hit 900 Geomancy Tier. Here are my sets:
sets.precast.FC = {
main="Lehbrailg +2",
sub="Willpower Grip",
head="Vanya Hood",
neck="Orunmila's Torque",
ear1="Enchanter Earring +1",
ear2="Loquacious Earring",
body="Anhur Robe",
hands=gear.FCHands,
ring1="Weather. Ring",
ring2="Prolix Ring",
back="Lifestream Cape",
waist="Witful Belt",
legs="Geomancy Pants +1",
range="Dunna",
feet="Regal Pumps +1"}

sets.midcast.Geomancy = {range="Dunna",
main="Idris",
sub="Genmei Shield",
head="Azimuth Hood +1",
neck="Reti Pendant",
ear1="Gifted Earring",
ear2="Calamitous Earring",
body="Bagua Tunic +1",
hands="Geomancy Mitaines +1",
ring1="Defending Ring",
ring2="Dark Ring",
back="Lifestream cape",
waist="Austerity belt +1",
legs="Vanya Slops",
feet="Medium's Sabots"}

sets.midcast.Geomancy.Indi = set_combine(sets.midcast.Geomancy,{legs="Bagua Pants +1",feet="Azimuth Gaiters +1"})
I wouldn't want to //gs disable anything because I use a lot of different ammos for nuking/enf etc.
 Bismarck.Inference
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2015-09-21 14:15:19
Link | Citer | R

Need your midcast rule more than anything, sets don't tell us much especially since none have Sapience Orb in them. Best to pastebin the whole thing really.
By Aeyela 2015-09-21 15:11:41
Link | Citer | R

Try adding this to midcast:
Code
if midaction() then
        return
    end
By nanohamaho 2015-09-21 16:16:30
Link | Citer | R

I'm trying to understand the "states" thing in the mote files. In the mote dnc lua for example it gives options for offense and hybrid modes, and while I've found the keybinds to switch said modes, I don't understand when they would take effect.

So far I've gotten that offense modes can handle the "engaged" state, but I guess my question is how would switching through the hybrid modes for like a pdt/eva set work? would whatever I pushed take priority over normal engaged or would it just go back every time I weaponskill or cast?

My apologies if these questions are stupid or don't make sense.
 Siren.Noxzema
Serveur: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-09-21 18:34:43
Link | Citer | R

Aeyela said: »
Siren.Noxzema said: »

It sounds like you don't need to check priorities as you've already established that your melee set is taking priority when it shouldn't. Post your Lua and we'll edit it as a simple reorder of code will likely correct it.
First Page 2 3 ... 77 78 79 ... 181 182 183