Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Gearswap Support Thread
Gearswap Support Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 181 182 183
By Lunareticc 2015-04-10 14:43:41
Link | Citer | R

With the help of Pergatory I solved my problem podcast for my avatar.
By cons I lost a function that I had in my old gearswap I can not seem to fit into that one.
Can you help me? I am looking to have a set when my pet is engage and equip the Refresh pieces depending on time of day.
Here is my gearswap for Idle function.

function idle()
if TownIdle:contains(world.area:lower()) then
return
end
if pet.isvalid then
if string.find(pet.name,'Spirit') then
equip(sets.aftercast.Spirit)
elseif pet.status == 'Engaged' then
equip(sets.aftercast.Perp_Normal,{hands=PetDOTHands, feet=PetDOTFeet})
elseif world.time >= 17*60 or world.time < 7*60 then
equip(sets.aftercast.night_time)
else
equip(sets.aftercast.days_time)
end
equip(sets.aftercast.Perp_Normal)
else
equip(sets.aftercast.None)
end
end
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-10 22:17:18
Link | Citer | R

Need help with something qq

I think I did the right coding for Mug, but when I use it, the character stays in the Mug set, instead of switching back to tp gear.

Really no idea why it won't go back into the tp set, it works for all other JA's.
Code
    -- Precast sets to enhance JAs
    sets.precast.JA['Collaborator'] = {head="Raider's Bonnet +2"}
    sets.precast.JA['Accomplice'] = {head="Raider's Bonnet +2"}
    sets.precast.JA['Flee'] = {feet="Pillager's Poulaines +1"}
    sets.precast.JA['Hide'] = {body="Pillager's Vest +1"}
    sets.precast.JA['Conspirator'] = {} -- {body="Raider's Vest +2"}
    sets.precast.JA['Steal'] = {head="Plunderer's Bonnet",hands="Pillager's Armlets +1",legs="Pillager's Culottes +1",feet="Pillager's Poulaines +1"}
    sets.precast.JA['Despoil'] = {legs="Raider's Culottes +2",feet="Raider's Poulaines +2"}
    sets.precast.JA['Perfect Dodge'] = {hands="Plunderer's Armlets +1"}
    sets.precast.JA['Feint'] = {} -- {legs="Plunderer's culottes"}
	sets.precast.JA['Mug'] = {
		head="Pillager's bonnet +1",neck="Fotia gorget",ear1="Dawn Earring",ear2="Suppanomimi",
        body="Dread jupon",hands="Pillager's armlets +1",ring1="Epona's Ring",ring2="Rajas Ring",
        back="Meanagh cape +1",waist="Chaac Belt",legs="Pillager's culottes +1",feet="Plunderer's poulaines +1"}
 Odin.Quixacotl
Serveur: Odin
user: Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-04-11 23:24:35
Link | Citer | R

Lunareticc said: »
With the help of Pergatory I solved my problem podcast for my avatar.
By cons I lost a function that I had in my old gearswap I can not seem to fit into that one.
Can you help me? I am looking to have a set when my pet is engage and equip the Refresh pieces depending on time of day.
Here is my gearswap for Idle function.
I haven't tested this code since I wrote it on the fly but it should work for you.
 Odin.Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-04-12 00:01:19
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Senyn said: »
Need help with something qq

I think I did the right coding for Mug, but when I use it, the character stays in the Mug set, instead of switching back to tp gear.

Really no idea why it won't go back into the tp set, it works for all other JA's.
Your set looks fine to me syntax-wise.

It seems really odd that Mug won't equip when everything else works as you say. Try doing //gs showswaps and see if Mug really isn't equipping at precast.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-12 00:17:58
Link | Citer | R

Nono, mug IS equipping, but AFTER the mug, it won't go back into tp set.
 Odin.Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-04-12 01:19:50
Link | Citer | R

Whats the rest of your lua look like?
 Asura.Vafruvant
Serveur: Asura
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-04-12 03:54:59
Link | Citer | R

I'm currently in the process of building a strategem-esque nuking self-command, to cast nukes of any element using a generic macro, and have run into a problem. I set up a new mode called "ElementMode", set up the description, all that. It cycles just fine, and will cast single target nukes no problem. What I'm trying to figure out is how/if it is possible to use the same functionality with agas/ras for BLM or GEO without changing the format I have it in too drastically. The relevant code:
The macro format would be:
gs c nuke iv 1
for Tier 4 single-target of your current element.

I'm not sure how/if to map the agas and ras to match the cycle. Perhaps there's a way to incorporate the general spell elements in the options list instead of the actual spell name and change it to the corresponding spell.id? Idk
 Odin.Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-04-12 16:25:19
Link | Citer | R

Kinematic's Smn example contains some excellent logic for what you are trying to accomplish. Just define the nuke-types (T4, T5, -aja) instead of the pact-types.

Using that as an example I came up with this.

I'm not sure if the code works it's just an example to give you ideas.
Once you get that working then make a personal Globals file. One file which affects all your jobs.

By default, Kinematics looks for a file named, Vafruvant-Globals.lua and includes it if that file exists. Place the code there along with checks for Fotia Gorget/Belt, the mega-Obi, Mecisto. Mantle, etc. That way you won't have to edit every single JOB file.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-04-12 17:40:37
Link | Citer | R

That's great! I'll test it when I get home! I don't play SMN so I didn't even think of checking there. Thanks.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-04-13 02:51:19
Link | Citer | R

So, it's still not quite what I was looking for. Let me see how to better describe it...

So, you're BLM with 100+ gifts, you have the following spells:

Singles I-VI, Agas III, Jas - 10 types

I don't want to have to specify the element in this macro; I want that controlled by the mode. I want to have 10 macros to cover 60 nukes. Somehow, the mode cycle must control the element, otherwise it still requires 60 macros to map them all. I can use what I posted to cover singles just fine, it's just renaming the local nuke on Aga/Ja/Ra that is causing the hang-up.

The tables seem like a good idea, it's just not what I'm looking for. I want to tell the handle function to look a couple tables and rename the local nuke based on the current cycled element and just add in the tier to the send_command based on the macro. The problem with the SMN thing is that it uses your current summoned avatar to look at a table for a single corresponding pact, not different tiers.

Maybe what I'm looking for isn't possible, though I hope that it is. I'm going to try and get a functional model for now, in hopes that maybe myself or someone else will be able to devise a cleaner model based on that.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-04-13 03:05:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vafruvant said: »
I'm going to try and get a functional model for now, in hopes that maybe myself or someone else will be able to devise a cleaner model based on that.
This is what I made, though it's not the prettiest, it works for what I'm looking for:
 Odin.Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-04-13 05:24:10
Link | Citer | R

As long as it works the way you want then that's all that counts. ^^
 Valefor.Seranos
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-04-13 08:18:06
Link | Citer | R

I tried searching, but haven't found anything. Is there code out there for a WHM lua that uses Cure tier based on HP missing? I think I have something like that for DNC, but searched and can't find for Cure spells.

Sorry if it's been in front of my nose...
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-13 08:48:16
Link | Citer | R

I still can't figure out why I cannot get back into the tp set after mugging without initiating another action...

Any ideas.

Waltz changes gear back immediately after use, should I change:
sets.precast.JA['Mug'] into
sets.precast.Mug['Mug'] or something?

Feint and conspirator have different coding, but changing mug to match them throws an error.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-04-13 10:08:09
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Senyn said: »
I still can't figure out why I cannot get back into the tp set after mugging without initiating another action...

Any ideas.

Waltz changes gear back immediately after use, should I change:
sets.precast.JA['Mug'] into
sets.precast.Mug['Mug'] or something?

Feint and conspirator have different coding, but changing mug to match them throws an error.

Your set naming convention posted earlier is fine. i.e. sets.precast.JA['Mug'] It's possible your lua is setup to equip gear for Mug until the buff wears, and not just during precast.

It's difficult to know for sure without seeing your whole lua. ( pastebin )
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-04-13 11:05:16
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Seranos said: »
I tried searching, but haven't found anything. Is there code out there for a WHM lua that uses Cure tier based on HP missing? I think I have something like that for DNC, but searched and can't find for Cure spells.

I have one for single-target cures. It's somewhere in this thread, but I'll repost it when I get home in about an hour.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-04-13 12:21:14
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Seranos said: »

Here ya go!
You should be able to just paste this into your job file, or make it a separate file and include it on the job file load. I personally have mine set to being an included file, so my function get_sets() looks like this:
Either way should work, hope it helps!
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-04-13 21:52:32
Link | Citer | R

Unrelated (possibly) I've been getting an error when I use gs c reset all, saying

"...GearSwap/libs/Mote-SelfCommands.lua:108: "_type" is not defined for numbers"

What in the world does that mean and what did I do to screw it up? lol
 Odin.Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-04-13 22:00:39
Link | Citer | R

Well done Vafruvant!

You could further include other Return rules so you wouldn't blink.
Code
    if buffactive.Mute or buffactive.Silence or buffactive.Petrification or buffactive.Stun then
        add_to_chat(8, '[ Canceled '..spell.name..'. Unable to Cast Spells]')
        cancel_spell()
        return
    elseif spell.target.distance > 20 then
        add_to_chat(8, '[ Canceled '..spell.name..'. '..spell.target.name..' is Out of Range. ]')
        cancel_spell()
        return
    end
 Odin.Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-04-13 22:11:16
Link | Citer | R

The command is gs c reset [variable].

You're getting the error message because cmdParams[2], "all" hasn't been defined as a variable in any user_setup() Modes.

I would just do gs reload.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-04-13 22:41:56
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Quixacotl said: »
The command is gs c reset [variable].

You're getting the error message because cmdParams[2], "all" hasn't been defined as a variable in any user_setup() Modes.

I would just do gs reload.
gs reload didn't do anything for it :/ It was working just a couple days ago, but I haven't played too much lately. reset all doesn't appear to be working on any file I have, one of which is just a direct copy of Mote's. It must be a lib issue, I guess. This is the segment of the SelfCommands.lua throwing the error, but it's a whole lot of idk:
 Asura.Pintseyes
user: yurmy123
By Asura.Pintseyes 2015-04-14 03:11:21
Link | Citer | R

Im sorry if this is somewhere within these posts. I have looked a bit, I'm pretty sure it's been asked.

I was using Weather/obi/ring. Mind you I suck bad at code so I have no clue how I got it to works "once upon a time".

The weathercheck in the lua was added after weather stopped working as an attempt to use Byrth's codes.

-- Initialization function for this job file.
function get_sets()
mote_include_version = 2

-- Load and initialize the include file.
include('Mote-Include.lua')
end

My weather wasn't ever really a function. Instead the function was for default obi/ring. The gear set would point to the weather items as such

waist =gear.ElementalObi,
Ring1 =gear.Elemental Ring,}

Can someone please post weather, I think it has to use motes? I've tried recopying the old codes, no worky,I've tried straight up hijacked Byrths and adding his obi's/weather functions, no worky.. Can someone pleeease point me in the right direction.
 Odin.Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-04-14 04:58:07
Link | Citer | R

@Pintseyes
If you have the Hachirin-no-Obi then do it like this.
[+]
 Asura.Pintseyes
By Asura.Pintseyes 2015-04-14 13:32:44
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for responding Quix. That code doesn't seem to be working properly. Using it, now I don't seem to swap to midcast-ele gear from my engaged set. Upon adding that code after my midcasts i got a EOF error. I had to add another END to make it stop or add a end to the very bottom of the file. notepad++ shows this code running all the way to the EOF. Lol this is probably wrong, but i always thought each function gets its own end and each if gets its own end. i guess im wrong cause i counted the ifs lol.

It may simply things by not having magic burst codes, I don't actually use any MB sets, I just didn't know how to remove some of the codes so I just left them and didnt add sets to accommodate.

Just as a FYI, I've reinstalled windower and/or gearswap a few times trying to get this to work out. I wouldn't think it's something to do with being out of date.. But IDK, hence why I'm here lol.. Here's how it looks when I add weather. Optionally the gearsets are also in my sidecar.

Thanks again!!

Edit: I removed function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs) bot instances in my lua, those were for the old weather code. It seems to work now with a bit of a hiccup. Ring doesn't always change, sometimes Tamas ring is in it's place.

Otherwise, THANK YOU@! Weather is something that gives me reason to try to kill certain things or solo certain events. Not having it = sad black mage.

Edit:Edit: Think I got it. I believe the ring was equipting, my aftercast/engaged are equip so fast I couldnt tell if ring was working. Removed ring/waist from aftercast and now i can see those are in fact working.. You my friend are awesome.. Can't say it enough THANK YOU!
 Odin.Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-04-14 14:10:47
Link | Citer | R

The code is correct. But you put in in the wrong place so it won't work for you. sets.anything goes into your sidecar not your main lua.

Also your library files are out of date so GearSwap won't function properly.

Also you have functions that don't belong there like "function to_windower_api()".

Also, if you have a sidecar then you must have "function user_setup()" in BOTH the main lua and the sidecar. They must also match word-for-word and var-to-var.

To get it working again, you almost have to start from scratch.

1. Download Kinematic's Library Files Version 2 and paste them into your data folder. There are 7 files and you need them all.

2. Copy a JOB file Version 2 and paste that with the rest of the luas. Use notepad to edit-in your own gear. Don't forget to rename the lua file.

3. (Optional not required) Follow these instructions how to properly make a sidecar.

Once you get everything working correctly then paste the code I gave you (just the sets part) into your sidecar not your main lua.
 Odin.Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-04-14 14:29:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Pintseyes said: »
Edit: Think I got it. I believe the ring was equipting, my aftercast/engaged are equip so fast I couldnt tell if ring was working. Removed ring/waist from aftercast and now i can see those are in fact working.. You my friend are awesome.. Can't say it enough THANK YOU!
Use //gs showswaps. It will show you exactly what gear is equipping in detail.

Glad I could help.
 Asura.Pintseyes
By Asura.Pintseyes 2015-04-14 14:36:52
Link | Citer | R

Thank you again and again. I forgot about showswaps. Quicky question..

Can I add your code to my globals? I primarily play elemental types, SCH,BLM,RDM etc. Would adding that cause troubles for any non-elemental types? Does every jobs sidecar have to defines obi sets or can those also be added to globals?

Oh damn, I just saw your top post. Looks like I got a bit more to work out..

Ok ya, in fact the blm.lua I'm currently using is in fact from kinematics. It's just a lot uglier as I've tried editing it. Bit confused though. I just reinstalled gearswap, that wouldn't update my libraries? Kinematics tags say theyre almost a year old. lol

Now I do understand why weather worked, i recall editing a mote withing the gearswap folder (not data). Then it updated, then weather died.. All making sense now.

100 +1's for you Quix!
 Odin.Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-04-14 16:07:46
Link | Citer | R

You can add any rule to your Globals. By default, Kinematics looks for a file named Yourcharactername-Globals.lua and automatically includes it if it exists. In fact, it's a good idea so you won't need to add the same rules for every JOB.lua. One file that affects all your JOB.lua's because well... it's global. XD

Here's my own Quixacotl-Globals.lua http://pastebin.com/QKEVk8Zx

Note the functions are all prefixed as 'user_'.

Kinematics is a separate component from Gearswap. Think of it as an addon to an addon. Gearswap will update itself but it won't do anything to Kinematic's Libs. You have to manually update Kinematics.

However Motensen has been MIA for a year now and there's no telling if or when he will ever update his files again.

My guess is he got a cushy job over at Google with Aurieus.
By inkydo 2015-04-14 20:51:12
Link | Citer | R

anyone why cant I get the same item to equip in a different slot...Like both my rings and ears I know they have the same name but I am calling them out.

sets.midcast['Blue Magic'].Physical = {
ammo="Mavi Tathlum",
head="Assim. Keffiyeh +1",
body="Assim. Jubbah +1",
hands={ name="Luh. Bazubands +1", augments={'Enhances "Azure Lore" effect',}},
legs={ name="Luhlaza Shalwar +1", augments={'Enhances "Assimilation" effect',}},
feet="Assim. Charuqs +1",
neck="Asperity Necklace",
waist="Caudata Belt",
left_ear="Flame Pearl",
right_ear="Flame Pearl",
left_ring="Ifrit Ring",
right_ring="Ifrit Ring",
back="Cornflower Cape"}

Edit Never mind i got it worked out... Was just not looking at it properly! lol
 Asura.Pintseyes
By Asura.Pintseyes 2015-04-15 08:53:47
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Quixacotl said: »
You can add any rule to your Globals. By default, Kinematics looks for a file named Yourcharactername-Globals.lua and automatically includes it if it exists. In fact, it's a good idea so you won't need to add the same rules for every JOB.lua. One file that affects all your JOB.lua's because well... it's global. XD

Here's my own Quixacotl-Globals.lua http://pastebin.com/QKEVk8Zx

Note the functions are all prefixed as 'user_'.

Kinematics is a separate component from Gearswap. Think of it as an addon to an addon. Gearswap will update itself but it won't do anything to Kinematic's Libs. You have to manually update Kinematics.

However Motensen has been MIA for a year now and there's no telling if or when he will ever update his files again.

My guess is he got a cushy job over at Google with Aurieus.

Thank you for the responses. Explaining my confusion with Kinematics VS. Gearswap. Now I see where my idea is right, but wrong lol.

Same song and dance here, I used spellcast blah blah, quit blah blah.. GS Vs. Spellcast, WOW! what a huge change this is. I think for a lot of us returning we expect the old XML learn it on the fly edit it even faster coding that spellcast offered. The change is so massive we gotta start from scratch. Definitely worth the while IMO. Just saying from a returners point of view.

Thanks a million for clarifying the differences. Until just now I thought Kinematics was the MIA'er. You have left me with a working weather code (Band aide code till I get all this mote stuff worked out lol) and a kickass starting point to becoming a DIY gearswapper. Again, Thanks man, I really appreciate your time.
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 181 182 183