VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-07-18 17:43:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vafruvant said: »
Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Is it not running the function at all, or is it running the function but the unbinds aren't working?
I'm not sure how to test if the function is running or not, but the unbinds definitely aren't activating. If I switch to another job that doesn't bind those keys differently, they're still bound to whatever they were on WHM.

I'd assumed you'd know based on the PutItemizer call you have in there.
 Valefor.Vaeria
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Vaeria 2014-07-19 00:22:05
Link | Citer | R

I have a very noob question regarding Gearswap, I'm sorry!... moving forward... I am using one of Motes' base for BLM I am attempting to add my own gear. However, I do not understand what gear I need to put into each of these categories. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!.

Basically, I need to know what kind of gear goes into these sets.
Or at least, what the difference between precast and mid cast? Am I looking for fast cast/haste gear in precast? Then the midcast is what I am actually using once the spell goes off?
 Bismarck.Inference
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-07-19 00:34:34
Link | Citer | R

There are a handful of job specific forums that would be more catered to answering gear-specific questions, this is intended for purely GearSwap related questions/issues.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/forum/83/jobs/

To answer what part of your question is GearSwap related, there are three points throughout a casting procedure : Precast, Midcast, and Aftercast.

Precast is registered at the moment that you tell the server you want to do something. If I type /ma "Stone" <t>, the second I hit enter it registers my precast. This is the area I would want to put Fast Cast gear, gear that needs to be equipped at activation of a JA, or Weapon Skill gear(Weapon Skills have no midcast)

Midcast is most akin to when you receive the "Inference is casting Stone" message in your chat log, this is the area where you would want to put gear to enhance the potency of your spells.

Aftercast occurs after you receive the "Nasty Monster takes 99999 points of damage" chat log. This is where you'd want to go back to the set you'd normally idle in when not doing any action, whether that be a Refresh set or PDT set for example.
[+]
 Valefor.Vaeria
By Valefor.Vaeria 2014-07-19 01:02:32
Link | Citer | R

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for, not necessarily specific gear to put there, just what kind of gear to put in these locations. :) Thank you for the pro tips!
By Kell 2014-07-19 01:43:43
Link | Citer | R

I'm using bokura's MNK gearswap lua, found here, but I've found that since the update it'll swap me into equipment other than that in my acc set of choice. In this case, my hat will either remain from my Vsmite WS set (Aug'd uk'uxkaj) or it'll pop me into my hybrid PDT set hat (Lithelimb). I usually have to toggle or WS again for it to reset.

Bug? Otherwise gearswap has been an amazing alternative to spellcast.
 Asura.Vafruvant
Serveur: Asura
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2014-07-19 01:43:54
Link | Citer | R

Is it not running the function at all, or is it running the function but the unbinds aren't working?
I'm not sure how to test if the function is running or not, but the unbinds definitely aren't activating. If I switch to another job that doesn't bind those keys differently, they're still bound to whatever they were on WHM.

I'd assumed you'd know based on the PutItemizer call you have in there.
I see what you're saying now. No, it's not executing the job_file_unload function because that was actually what triggered me looking into it. All my other (main) jobs rebind over the keys, so I never noticed them *not* unbinding on job change. I was experimenting with a way to automatically call all my gear using Itemizer, and when it didn't send it all away, that sparked the investigation. I didn't even think about that, my apologies.
By Selindrile 2014-07-19 09:50:02
Link | Citer | R

Running a modified version of Motenten's Blu, coming back after being gone for a while, and can't for the life of me figure out why my buff-specific gear isn't working properly (Efflux gear, Diffusion, etc).

I tested out Motenten's current version, and it seems to be working properly there, so I'm not sure what I screwed up, if anyone feels like having a look, it would be appreciated.
Code
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Initialization function that defines sets and variables to be used.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- IMPORTANT: Make sure to also get the Mote-Include.lua file (and its supplementary files) to go with this.

-- Initialization function for this job file.
function get_sets()
	-- Load and initialize the include file.
	include('Mote-Include.lua')
end

-- Setup vars that are user-independent.
function job_setup()
	state.Buff['Burst Affinity'] = buffactive['Burst Affinity'] or false
	state.Buff['Chain Affinity'] = buffactive['Chain Affinity'] or false
	state.Buff.Convergence = buffactive.Convergence or false
	state.Buff.Diffusion = buffactive.Diffusion or false
	state.Buff.Efflux = buffactive.Efflux or false
	state.Buff['Unbridled Learning'] = buffactive['Unbridled Learning'] or false

blue_spell_maps = {
        -- Magic nukes
        ['Sandspin']='Magic',['Cursed Sphere']='Magic',['Blastbomb']='Magic',['Bomb Toss']='Magic',['Death Ray']='Magic',
        ['Ice break']='Magic',['Maelstrom']='Magic',['Firespit']='Magic',['Acrid Stream']='Magic',['Leafstorm']='Magic',
        ['Thermal Pulse']='Magic',['Charged whisker']='Magic',['Water Bomb']='Magic',['Dark Orb']='Magic',['Mind Blast']='Magic',
        ['Magic Hammer']='Magic',['Everyone\'s Grudge']='Magic',['Mysterious Light']='Magic',['Eyes On Me']='Magic',
        ['Blazing Bound']='Magic',['Vapor Spray']='Magic',['Gates of Hades']='Magic',['Bilgestorm']='Magic',
        ['Tempestuous Upheaval']='Magic',['Rending Deluge']='Magic',['Embalming Earth']='Magic',['Foul Waters']='Magic',
        ['Retinal Glare']='Magic',['Droning Whirlwind']='Magic',['Regurgitation']='Debuff',

-- Magical stuns
        ['Blitzstrahl']='MagicStun',['Temporal Shift']='MagicStun',['Thunderbolt']='MagicStun',

-- Breath spells
        ['Poison Breath']='Breath',['Magnetite Cloud']='Breath',['Self Destruct']='Breath',['Hecatomb Wave']='Breath',['Radiant Breath']='Breath',
        ['Flying Hip Press']='Breath',['Bad Breath']='Breath',['Frost Breath']='Breath',['Heat Breath']='Breath',['Final Sting']='Breath',
        ['Thunder Breath']='Breath',['Wind Breath']='Breath',

-- Buff spells where Blue Magic Skill matters (need verification)
        ['Metallic Body']='BuffSkill',['Diamondhide']='BuffSkill',['Reactor Cool']='BuffSkill',['Plasma Charge']='BuffSkill',
        ['Magic Barrier']='BuffSkill',['Barrier Tusk']='BuffSkill',['Orcish Counterstance']='BuffSkill',['Pyric Bulwark']='BuffSkill',
        ['Nature\'s Meditation']='BuffSkill',['Carcharian Verve']='BuffSkill',

-- Debuffs
        ['Sheep Song']='Debuff',['Blood Drain']='Debuff',['Soporific']='Debuff',['Soud Blast']='Debuff',['Chaotic Eye']='Debuff',
        ['Digest']='Debuff',['Blank Gaze']='Debuff',['Venom Shell']='Debuff',['MP Drainkiss']='Debuff',['Stinking Gas']='Debuff',
        ['Geist Wall']='Debuff',['Awful Eye']='Debuff',['Blood Saber']='Debuff',['Jettatura']='Debuff',['Frightful Roar']='Debuff',
        ['Filamented Hold']='Debuff',['Cold Wave']='Debuff',['Light of Penance']='Debuff',['1000 Needles']='Debuff',['Feather Tickle']='Debuff',
        ['Yawn']='Debuff',['Voracious Trunk']='Debuff',['Infrasonics']='Debuff',['Sandspray']='Debuff',['Corrosive Ooze']='Debuff',
        ['Enervation']='Debuff',['Lowing']='Debuff',['Triumphant Roar']='Debuff',['Actinic Burst']='Debuff',['Osmosis']='Debuff',
        ['Cimicine Discharge']='Debuff',['Demoralizing Roar']='Debuff',['Auroral Drape']='Debuff',['Dream Flower']='Debuff',
        ['Reaving Wind']='Debuff',['Mortal Ray']='Debuff',['Absolute Terror']='Debuff',['Blistering Roar']='Debuff',

-- Physical spells
        ['Foot Kick']='Physical',['Power Attack']='Physical',['Sprout Smack']='Physical',['Wild Oats']='Physical',['Queasyshroom']='Physical',
        ['Battle Dance']='Physical',['Bludgeon']='Physical',['Screwdriver']='Physical',['Smite of Rage']='Physical',['Pinecone Bomb']='Physical',
        ['Jet Stream']='Physical',['Uppercut']='Physical',['Mandibular Bite']='Physical',['Death Scissors']='Physical',
        ['Dimensional Death']='Physical',['Spinal Cleave']='Physical',['Frenetic Rip']='Physical',['Hydro Shot']='Physical',
        ['Hysteric Barrage']='Physical',['Cannonball']='Physical',['Asuran Claws']='Physical',['Disseverment']='Physical',
        ['Vertical Cleave']='Physical',['Goblin Rush']='Physical',['Vanity Dive']='Physical',['Benthic Typhoon']='Physical',
        ['Quad. Continuum']='Physical',['Empty Thrash']='Physical',['Heavy Strike']='Physical',['Grand slam']='Physical',
        ['Body Slam']='Physical',['Sub-zero Smash']='Physical',['Ram Charge']='Physical',['Delta Thrust']='Physical',
        ['Feather storm']='Physical',['Helldive']='Physical',['Spiral Spin']='Physical',['Claw Cyclone']='Physical',['Terror Touch']='Physical',
        ['Sickle Slash']='Physical',['Seedspray']='Physical',['Quadrastrike']='Physical',['Tourbillion']='Physical',['Amorphic Spikes']='Physical',
        ['Barbed Crescent']='Physical',['Bloodrake']='Physical',['Paralyzing Triad']='Physical',['Glutinous Dart']='Physical',

-- Physical stuns
        ['Head Butt']='PhysStun',['Sudden Lunge']='PhysStun',['Tail Slap']='PhysStun',['Frypan']='PhysStun',['Whirl of Rage']='PhysStun',

-- Cure spells, modified by blue skill,healing skill and MND
        ['Pollen']='BlueCure',['Healing Breeze']='BlueCure',['Wild Carrot']='BlueCure',['Magic Fruit']='BlueCure',
        ['Plenilune Embrace']='BlueCure',['White Wind']='BlueCure'}

-- Spells that have static effects, not modified by skill or stats
    blue_no_skill_spell_list = S{'Cocoon','Harden Shell','Refueling','Zephyr Mantle','Regeneration','Animating Wail','Battery Charge',
        'Occultation','Winds of Promy.','Feather Barrier','Memento mori','Saline Coat','Warm-Up','Amplification','Exuviation','Fantod'}

blue_diffusion_spell_list = S{'Cocoon','Metallic Body','Refueling','Animating Wail','Feather Barrier','Memento Mori','Zephyr Mantle','Warm-Up','Amplification',
        'Saline Coat','Reactor Cool','Exuviation','Plasma Charge','Harden Shell'}

-- Spells available only through Unbriled Learning
    blue_unbridled_spell_list = S{'Harden Shell','Thunderbolt','Absolute Terror','Gates of Hades','Tourbillion','Pyric Bulwark','Bilgestorm','Bloodrake',
        'Droning Whirlwind','Carcharian Verve','Blistering Roar'}
end

-- Setup vars that are user-dependent.  Can override this function in a sidecar file.
function user_setup()
	options.OffenseModes = {'Normal','Acc','iLvl'}
	options.DefenseModes = {'Normal','PDT','Evasion','Shield'}
	options.WeaponskillModes = {'Normal','Acc'}
	options.CastingModes = {'Normal','Acc'}
	options.IdleModes = {'Normal','PDT'}
	options.RestingModes = {'Normal'}
	options.PhysicalDefenseModes = {'PDT'}
	options.MagicalDefenseModes = {'MDT'}

state.Defense.PhysicalMode = 'PDT'
	state.OffenseMode = 'Normal'

-- Default macro set/book
	set_macro_page(7, 2)
end

-- Called when this job file is unloaded (eg: job change)
function file_unload()
	if binds_on_unload then
		binds_on_unload()
	end
end

-- Define sets and vars used by this job file.
function init_gear_sets()

--------------------------------------
	-- Start defining the sets
	--------------------------------------

-- Precast Sets

-- Precast sets to enhance JAs
	sets.precast.JA['Azure Lore'] = {hands="Luhlaza Bazubands"}

-- Waltz set (chr and vit)
	sets.precast.Waltz = {
					head="Uk'uxkaj cap",neck="Phalaina Locket",
			        body="Assim. Jubbah +1",hands="Buremte Gloves",Ring1="Kunaji Ring",Ring2="Asklepian Ring",
			        legs="Desultor Tassets",feet="Assim. Charuqs +1"}

sets.precast.Waltz['Healing Waltz'] = {legs="Desultor Tassets"}

-- Fast cast sets for spells
	sets.precast.FC = {ammo="Impatiens",
					ear1="Loquac. Earring",
					Ring1="Prolix Ring",
					back="Swith Cape",waist="Witful Belt",}

sets.precast.FC.Utsusemi = set_combine(sets.precast.FC, {neck="Magoraga Beads"})

sets.precast.FC.BlueMagic = set_combine(sets.precast.FC, {body="Mavi Mintan +2"})

-- Weaponskill sets

-- Default set for any weaponskill that isn't any more specifically defined
	sets.precast.WS = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
				  head="Whirlpool Mask",neck="Asperity Necklace",ear1="Bladeborn Earring",ear2="Steelflash Earring",
                  body="Kheper Jacket",hands="Buremte Gloves",Ring1="Epona's Ring",Ring2="Rajas Ring",
				  back="Atheling mantle",waist="Wanion Belt",legs="Manibozho Brais",feet="Assim. Charuqs +1"}

sets.precast.WS.Acc = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
				  head="Whirlpool Mask",neck="Asperity Necklace",ear1="Bladeborn Earring",ear2="Steelflash Earring",
				  body="Luhlaza Jubbah",hands="Buremte Gloves",Ring1="Epona's Ring",Ring2="Rajas Ring",
			      back="Letalis Mantle",waist="Anguinus Belt",legs="Manibozho Brais",feet="Assim. Charuqs +1"}

-- Specific weaponskill sets. Uses the base set if an appropriate WSMod version isn't found.
	sets.precast.WS['Requiescat'] = set_combine(sets.precast.WS, {neck="Soil Gorget",waist="Shadow Belt"})
	sets.precast.WS['Requiescat'].Acc = set_combine(sets.precast.WS.Acc, {neck="Soil Gorget",waist="Shadow Belt"})

sets.precast.WS['Chant du Cygne'] = set_combine(sets.precast.WS, {head="Uk'uxkaj Cap",neck="Rancor Collar"})
	sets.precast.WS['Chant du Cygne'].Acc = set_combine(sets.precast.WS.Acc, {neck="Rancor Collar"})

sets.precast.WS['Vorpal Blade'] = set_combine(sets.precast.WS, {head="Uk'uxkaj Cap",neck="Rancor Collar"})
	sets.precast.WS['Vorpal Blade'].Acc = set_combine(sets.precast.WS.Acc, {neck="Rancor Collar"})

sets.precast.WS['Sanguine Blade'] = {ammo="Erlene's Notebook",
			         head="Hagondes Hat",neck="Eddy Necklace",ear1="Hecate's Earring",ear2="Friomisi Earring",
		             body="Hagondes Coat",hands="Hagondes Cuffs",Ring1="Spiral Ring",Ring2="Strendu Ring",
			         back="Cornflower Cape",waist="Aswang Sash",legs="Hagondes Pants",feet="Hagondes Sabots"}

-- Midcast Sets
	sets.midcast.FastRecast = {ammo="Impatiens",
			    head="Whirlpool Mask",ear1="Loquacious Earring",
			    body="Assim. Jubbah +1",hands="Buremte Gloves",Ring1="Prolix Ring",
			    waist="Twilight belt",legs="Manibozho Brais",feet="Assim. Charuqs +1"}

-- Specific spells
	sets.midcast.Utsusemi = sets.midcast.FastRecast

-- Blue Magic sets

sets.midcast.Physical = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
			         head="Luhlaza Keffiyeh",neck="Ziel Charm",ear1="Heartseeker Earring",ear2="Steelflash Earring",
			         body="Assim. Jubbah +1",hands="Buremte gloves",Ring1="Spiral Ring",Ring2="Rajas Ring",
			         back="Cornflower Cape",waist="Wanion Belt",legs="Manibozho Brais",feet="Luhlaza Charuqs"}

sets.midcast.Physical.Acc = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
			         head="Whirlpool Mask",neck="Ziel Charm",ear1="Heartseeker Earring",ear2="Steelflash Earring",
			         body="Assim. Jubbah +1",hands="Buremte gloves",Ring1="Spiral Ring",Ring2="Rajas Ring",
			         back="Letalis Mantle",waist="Hurch'lan Sash",legs="Manibozho Brais",feet="Assim. Charuqs +1"}

sets.midcast.PhysStun = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
			       head="Luhlaza Keffiyeh",neck="Eddy Necklace",ear1="Psystorm Earring",ear2="Lifestorm Earring",
                   body="Assim. Jubbah +1",hands="Hagondes Cuffs",Ring1="Strendu Ring",Ring2="Sangoma Ring",
			       back="Cornflower Cape",waist="Hurch'lan Sash",legs="Mavi Tayt +2",feet="Luhlaza Charuqs"}

sets.midcast.PhysStun.Acc = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
			       head="Whirlpool Mask",neck="Ziel Charm",ear1="Psystorm Earring",ear2="Lifestorm Earring",
                   body="Assim. Jubbah +1",hands="Hagondes Cuffs",Ring1="Strendu Ring",Ring2="Sangoma Ring",
			       back="Cornflower Cape",waist="Hurch'lan Sash",legs="Mavi Tayt +2",feet="Assim. Charuqs +1"}

sets.midcast.Magic = {ammo="Erlene's notebook",
					 head="Hagondes Hat",neck="Eddy Necklace",ear1="Hecate's Earring",ear2="Friomisi Earring",
					 body="Hagondes Coat",hands="Hagondes Cuffs",Ring1="Spiral Ring",Ring2="Strendu Ring",
				     back="Cornflower Cape",waist="Wanion Belt",legs="Hagondes pants",feet="Hagondes Sabots"} 

sets.midcast.Debuff = {ammo="Mavi Tathlum",
			        head="Luhlaza Keffiyeh",neck="Eddy Necklace",ear1="Psystorm Earring",ear2="Lifestorm Earring",
				    body="Assim. Jubbah +1",hands="Hagondes cuffs",Ring1="Strendu Ring",Ring2="Sangoma Ring",
					back="Cornflower Cape",waist="Aswang Sash",legs="Mavi tayt +2",feet="Luhlaza Charuqs"} 

sets.midcast.MagicStun = sets.midcast.Debuff

sets.midcast.BuffSkill = {ammo="Mavi Tathlum",
				head="Luhlaza Keffiyeh",neck="Mavi Scarf",ear1="Loquac. Earring",
				body="Assim. Jubbah +1",hands="Assim. Bazu.",Ring1="Prolix Ring",
				back="Cornflower Cape",waist="Hurch'lan Sash",legs="Mavi Tayt +2",feet="Luhlaza Charuqs"}

sets.midcast.Breath = {ammo="Mavi Tathlum",
				head="Luhlaza Keffiyeh",neck="Mavi Scarf",ear1="Loquac. Earring",
				body="Assim. Jubbah +1",hands="Assim. Bazu.",Ring1="Prolix Ring",

sets.midcast.BlueCure = {ammo="Mavi Tathlum",
					head="Uk'uxkaj cap",neck="Phalaina Locket",ear1="Loquac. Earring",
			        body="Assim. Jubbah +1",hands="Buremte Gloves",Ring1="Kunaji Ring",Ring2="Asklepian Ring",
			        back="Tempered Cape",waist="Witful Belt",legs="Praeco Slacks",feet="Luhlaza Charuqs"}

-- Sets to return to when not performing an action.

-- Resting sets
	sets.resting = sets.idle

-- Idle sets
	sets.idle = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
			      head="Wivre Hairpin",neck="Twilight torque",ear1="Moonshade Earring", ear2="Ethereal Earring",
			      body="Assim. Jubbah +1",hands="Serpentes Cuffs",Ring1="Sheltered Ring",Ring2="Dark Ring",
			      back="Atheling Mantle",waist="Flume Belt",legs="Blood Cuisses",feet="Serpentes Sabots"}

sets.idle.Town = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
			      head="Wivre Hairpin",neck="Twilight torque",ear1="Moonshade Earring", ear2="Ethereal Earring",
			      body="Assim. Jubbah +1",hands="Serpentes Cuffs",Ring1="Sheltered Ring",Ring2="Dark Ring",
			      back="Atheling Mantle",waist="Flume Belt",legs="Blood Cuisses",feet="Serpentes Sabots"}

sets.idle.DT = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
				head="Whirlpool Mask",neck="Twilight torque",ear1="Moonshade Earring", ear2="Ethereal Earring",
		        body="Hagondes Coat",hands="Hagondes Cuffs",Ring1="Dark Ring",Ring2="Dark Ring",
				back="Mollusca mantle",waist="Flume Belt",legs="Blood Cuisses",feet="Hagondes Sabots"}

--sets.idle.Weak = sets.idle

-- Defense sets
	sets.defense.PDT = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
				head="Hagondes Hat",neck="Twilight torque",ear1="Moonshade Earring", ear2="Ethereal Earring",
		        body="Hagondes Coat",hands="Hagondes Cuffs",Ring1="Dark Ring",Ring2="Dark Ring",
				back="Mollusca mantle",waist="Flume Belt",legs="Hagondes Pants",feet="Hagondes Sabots"}

sets.defense.MDT = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
				head="Uk'uxkaj Cap",neck="Twilight torque",ear1="Moonshade Earring", ear2="Ethereal Earring",
				back="Mollusca mantle",waist="Flume Belt",legs="Kaabnax Trousers",feet="Assim. Charuqs +1"}

sets.Kiting = {legs="Blood Cuisses"}

-- Engaged sets

-- Variations for TP weapon and (optional) offense/defense modes. Code will fall back on previous
	-- sets if more refined versions aren't defined.
	-- If you create a set with both offense and defense modes, the offense mode should be first.
	-- EG: sets.engaged.Dagger.Accuracy.Evasion

-- Normal melee group
	sets.engaged = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
			    head="Thurandaut Chapeau +1",neck="Asperity Necklace", ear1="Dudgeon Earring", ear2="Heartseeker Earring",
			    body="Thaumas Coat",hands="Buremte Gloves",Ring1="Epona's Ring",Ring2="Rajas Ring",
			    back="Atheling mantle",waist="Twilight belt",legs="Manibozho Brais",feet="Manibozho Boots"}

sets.engaged.Acc = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
				head="Whirlpool Mask",neck="Asperity Necklace", ear1="Dudgeon Earring", ear2="Heartseeker Earring",
				body="Thaumas Coat",hands="Buremte Gloves",Ring1="Epona's Ring",Ring2="Rajas Ring",
				back="Letalis mantle",waist="Hurch'lan Sash",legs="Manibozho Brais",feet="Assim. Charuqs +1"}

sets.engaged.iLvl = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
				head="Whirlpool Mask",neck="Asperity Necklace",ear1="Dudgeon Earring",ear2="Heartseeker Earring",
				body="Assim. Jubbah +1",hands="Buremte Gloves",Ring1="Epona's Ring",Ring2="Rajas Ring",
				back="Letalis mantle",waist="Cetl Belt",legs="Manibozho Brais",feet="Assim. Charuqs +1"}

sets.engaged.Acc.Evasion = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
				head="Whirlpool Mask",neck="Asperity Necklace",ear1="Dudgeon Earring", ear2="Heartseeker Earring",
				body="Assim. Jubbah +1",hands="Buremte Gloves",Ring1="Epona's Ring",Ring2="Rajas Ring",
				back="Letalis mantle",waist="Cetl Belt",legs="Kaabnax Trousers",feet="Assim. Charuqs +1"}

sets.engaged.Evasion = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
				head="Uk'uxkaj Cap",neck="Asperity Necklace",ear1="Suppanomimi", ear2="Brutal Earring",
				back="Letalis mantle",waist="Cetl Belt",legs="Kaabnax Trousers",feet="Assim. Charuqs +1"}

sets.engaged.Shield = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
			    head="Uk'uxkaj Cap",neck="Asperity Necklace", ear1="Bladeborn Earring",ear2="Steelflash Earring",
			    back="Atheling mantle",waist="Cetl Belt",legs="Manibozho Brais",feet="Manibozho Boots"}

sets.engaged.PDT = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
				head="Whirlpool Mask",neck="Twilight torque",ear1="Moonshade Earring", ear2="Ethereal Earring",
		        body="Assim. Jubbah +1",hands="Hagondes Cuffs",Ring1="Dark Ring",Ring2="Dark Ring",
				back="Mollusca mantle",waist="Flume Belt",legs="Hagondes Pants",feet="Hagondes Sabots"}

sets.engaged.Acc.PDT = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
				head="Whirlpool Mask",neck="Twilight torque",ear1="Dudgeon Earring", ear2="Heartseeker Earring",
				body="Assim. Jubbah +1",hands="Buremte Gloves",Ring1="Dark Ring",Ring2="Dark Ring",
				back="Letalis mantle",waist="Hurch'lan Sash",legs="Kaabnax Trousers",feet="Assim. Charuqs +1"}

-- Sets that have JS specific enhancements
	sets.buff['Burst Affinity'] = {feet="Mavi Basmak +2"} --{legs="Assimilator's Shalwar"}
	sets.buff['Chain Affinity'] = {feet="Assim. Charuqs +1"}
	sets.buff.Convergence = {head="Luhlaza Keffiyeh"}
	sets.buff.Diffusion = {feet="Luhlaza Charuqs"}
	sets.buff.Efflux = {legs="Mavi Tayt +2"}
end

-- Job-specific hooks that are called to process player actions at specific points in time.

-- Set eventArgs.handled to true if we don't want any automatic gear equipping to be done.
-- Set eventArgs.useMidcastGear to true if we want midcast gear equipped on precast.
function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
	-- Auto handle Unbridled learning activation if casting a spell that requires it
	if blue_unbridled_spell_list[spell.english] and not buffactive['Unbridled Learning'] then
		windower.send_command('@input /ja "Unbridled learning" <me>; wait 1.25; input /ma "'..spell.name..'" '..spell.target.name)
		eventArgs.cancel = true
	end
end

-- Set eventArgs.handled to true if we don't want any automatic gear equipping to be done.
function job_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
	if spell.action_type == 'Magic' then
		if spell.skill == 'BlueMagic' then
			-- Define the Blue Magic spell type used
			classes.CustomClass = blue_spell_class(spell)
			--add_to_chat(122, 'Spell = '..classes.CustomClass)
		else
			-- Default base equipment layer is fast recast.
			equip(sets.midcast.FastRecast)
		end
	end
end

-- Run after the default midcast() is done.
-- eventArgs is the same one used in job_midcast, in case information needs to be persisted.
function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
	if spell.skill == 'BlueMagic' then
		if classes.CustomClass == 'Physical' then
			if state.Buff['Chain Affinity'] then
				equip(sets.buff['Chain Affinity'])
			end
			if state.Buff['Efflux'] then
				equip(sets.buff.Efflux)
			end
		elseif classes.CustomClass == 'Magic' then
			if state.Buff['Burst Affinity'] then
				equip(sets.buff['Burst Affinty'])
			end
			if state.Buff['Covergence'] then
				equip(sets.buff.Convergence)
			end
		elseif state.Buff['Diffusion'] and blue_diffusion_spell_list[spell] then
				equip(sets.buff.Diffusion)
		end
	end
end

function job_aftercast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
	if not spell.interrupted then
		if state.Buff[spell.english] ~= nil then
			state.Buff[spell.english] = true
		end
	end
end

-- Customization hooks for idle and melee sets, after they've been automatically constructed.

-- General hooks for other events.

-- Called when a player gains or loses a buff.
-- buff == buff gained or lost
-- gain == true if the buff was gained, false if it was lost.
function job_buff_change(buff, gain)
	if state.Buff[buff] ~= nil then
		state.Buff[buff] = gain
	end
end

-- Utility functions specific to this job.
function blue_spell_class(spell)
	if blue_no_skill_spell_list[spell.english] then
		-- Use the default set if skill is not needed
		return nil
	elseif blue_spell_maps[spell.english] then
		-- If the spell is defined in blue_spell_maps
		-- return the value as customClass
		return blue_spell_maps[spell.english]
	else
		-- Basic error handling for when the blue spell name is not recognized
		-- fallback to standard set
		add_to_chat(122,'Spell '..spell.english..' not recognized, using default set')
		return nil
	end
end
By gdiShun 2014-07-20 07:36:30
Link | Citer | R

Hi. Came back recently and making the transfer from Spellcast to Gearswap and have a couple questions(for now :x)

1. Is something like this possible?
Code
sets.precast.WS['Blade: Shun' or 'Blade: Ku']

Basically have 1 set for 2 WS without set_combines or anything like that. Just would prefer it for the cleaner code. lol :x

2. For Spellcast I have this bind in my init.txt:
Code
bind ^Backspace sc set %status;
I use it mainly to update my feet piece during night/day and sometimes for updating the set when SC would glitch or I had a menu open when it was supposed to change gear. I don't think the latter is needed but how would I accomplish the former? Self-commands or is there a better way in the .lua file itself? :x

Thanks! Probably will be back with more. lol.
By Miang 2014-07-20 07:41:19
Link | Citer | R

gdiShun said: »
Hi. Came back recently and making the transfer from Spellcast to Gearswap and have a couple questions(for now :x)

1. Is something like this possible?
Code
sets.precast.WS['Blade: Shun' or 'Blade: Ku']

Basically have 1 set for 2 WS without set_combines or anything like that. Just would prefer it for the cleaner code. lol :x

2. For Spellcast I have this bind in my init.txt:
Code
bind ^Backspace sc set %status;
I use it mainly to update my feet piece during night/day and sometimes for updating the set when SC would glitch or I had a menu open when it was supposed to change gear. I don't think the latter is needed but how would I accomplish the former? Self-commands or is there a better way in the .lua file itself? :x

Thanks! Probably will be back with more. lol.

For 1. you need to create 2 sets, and just link the second back to the first:
Code
sets.precast.WS['Blade: Shun'] = T{w/e gear you want}
sets.precast.WS['Blade: Ku'] = sets.precast.WS['Blade: Shun']

For 2, the way I have my GS setup I have an "idle" function that I normally call function handle_idle() and I call this function in the code in multiple locations, such as if I gain the buff terror/stun/petri or if I'm in aftercast. If you had a function to do this in your GS, in your self_command you could have if command == 'idle' then handle_idle(), and in you init.txt change it to bind ^Backspace gs c idle;
[+]
By gdiShun 2014-07-20 10:06:45
Link | Citer | R

Thanks, Miang. I actually accidentally found out that "gs c update" will do #2 as well. No need for custom self_commands.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-07-20 10:19:14
Link | Citer | R

Can you do things like switch to black belt when your gear is locked (salvage) since I'll use the haste from it until I unlock enough gear to cap haste w/o
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-07-20 11:59:39
Link | Citer | R

Yes, encumbrance is in the resources, so it works from within Lua. I don't know if GS has its own encumbrance table exposed though. If it does, it would probably be easier to use that, but someone else would have to explain how.
 Valefor.Lisamarie
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2014-07-20 12:55:02
Link | Citer | R

I have two broken gearswaps.... I'm in the process of switching over (After being away from the game for 8 months)...

WHM...

BRD...
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-07-20 16:04:01
Link | Citer | R

@Selindrile: You're using 'BlueMagic' instead of 'Blue Magic' for your sets based on spell.skill. Need to fix that throughout the file.

I didn't bother looking for errors beyond that, since that's going to cause plenty of things to break as it is.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-07-20 16:27:24
Link | Citer | R

@Tigerwoods: Yes, easily enough, though it takes a bit of understanding of some of gearswap's internals.

Here's a function that you can use to determine if any of a list of slots are encumbered:
Code
-- Call these function with a list of equipment slots to check ('head', 'neck', 'body', etc)
-- Returns true if any of the specified slots are currently encumbered.
-- Returns false if all specified slots are unencumbered.
function is_encumbered(...)
	local check_list = {...}
	-- Compensate for people passing a table instead of a series of strings.
	if type(check_list[1]) == 'table' then
		check_list = check_list[1]
	end
	local check_set = S(check_list)

for slot_id,slot_name in pairs(gearswap.default_slot_map) do
		if check_set:contains(slot_name) then
			if gearswap.encumbrance_table[slot_id] then
				return true
			end
		end
	end

return false
end

And could be used like:
Code
	if is_encumbered('head', 'body', 'hands', 'legs', 'feet') then
		add_to_chat(123,'main armor at least partly encumbered')
	else
		add_to_chat(123,'all main armor unencumbered')
	end

Note: I'll add this function to Mote-Utility for general use.
[+]
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-07-20 16:44:10
Link | Citer | R

@Lisamarie:

Whm: Line 179, mismatched quotes on hands.
You have: hands="Serpentes Cuffs'
Should be: hands="Serpentes Cuffs"

Brd:
Line 112, missing the closing brace for sets.Midcast.
Line 221, missing the closing brace for the table inside set_combine().
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-07-20 17:55:04
Link | Citer | R

I see what you're saying now. No, it's not executing the job_file_unload function because that was actually what triggered me looking into it. All my other (main) jobs rebind over the keys, so I never noticed them *not* unbinding on job change. I was experimenting with a way to automatically call all my gear using Itemizer, and when it didn't send it all away, that sparked the investigation. I didn't even think about that, my apologies.

Ok, tracked down the problem. Was a bug in the include libraries. Fix has been pushed to dev, and should reach live soonish.
By gdiShun 2014-07-20 19:11:18
Link | Citer | R

Is there a way to get buffs by ID and not name? Like for Haste and March.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-07-20 19:54:44
Link | Citer | R

Do you mean find the ID for the buff, or check whether a buff is present by ID? If the latter, yes, just do buffactive[37] or whatever. If the former, check the windower/res directory.
[+]
By gdiShun 2014-07-20 20:01:04
Link | Citer | R

Do you mean find the ID for the buff, or check whether a buff is present by ID? If the latter, yes, just do buffactive[37] or whatever. If the former, check the windower/res directory.

It was the latter, thanks!
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2014-07-20 23:45:44
Link | Citer | R

Ok, tracked down the problem. Was a bug in the include libraries. Fix has been pushed to dev, and should reach live soonish.
Awesome! I look forward to seeing it fixed. I guess it's good I stumbled on it lol. Thanks for your help; I'm sure I'll need it again soon.
 Sylph.Elgorian
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2014-07-21 03:06:18
Link | Citer | R

http://pastebin.com/Xeg7rCeC
Getting errors with this:

Attempting to swap to Rajas Ring if MP drops under 100 for the Oneiros Ring latent in just the DD set. I want the DT set to keep dark ring. I want the acc set to keep oneiros ring regardless of mp for the accuracy.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2014-07-21 09:17:12
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Elgorian said: »

Attempting to swap to Rajas Ring if MP drops under 100 for the Oneiros Ring latent in just the DD set. I want the DT set to keep dark ring. I want the acc set to keep oneiros ring regardless of mp for the accuracy.
I'm not familiar with the index functionality, but shouldn't you do :

equip(set_combine(sets.TP[sets.TP.index[TP_Index]], {ring2="Rajas Ring"}))

It looks like you're not telling it to combine the set, but I could be off.
By Selindrile 2014-07-21 10:54:48
Link | Citer | R

@Motenten, I see, seems like more changed than I realized, going to just have to remake again I think at this point, but thank you very much for taking a look at it.
 Sylph.Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2014-07-21 11:59:46
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Elgorian said: »

I'm not familiar with the index functionality, but shouldn't you do :

equip(set_combine(sets.TP[sets.TP.index[TP_Index]], {ring2="Rajas Ring"}))

It looks like you're not telling it to combine the set, but I could be off.

Well that was one mistake I didn't catch but the issue is here I guess:

is on line 110 the "if TP_Index = 1 then" part.

'then' expected near '='
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-07-21 12:24:06
Link | Citer | R

if TP_Index = 1 then
should be
if TP_Index == 1 then

Edit: Also, you aren't required to do a set_combine with multiple sets; equip() can handle multiple sets the same way set_combine does, automatically.
By Avebian 2014-07-21 12:25:18
Link | Citer | R

Is there a way to save the .lua so it auto loads based on main job and subjob? Like now I have Avebian_BST.lua, so it loads that whenever I change to BST. I'd like someway for it to auto load a different .lua if I change to a sub Mage job.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-07-21 12:32:22
Link | Citer | R

It won't auto-load based on subjob. Instead it calls the sub_job_change function. However you can use that to separate out your own code. One simple example:
Code
function get_sets()
    load_on_subjob()
end

function sub_job_change(new_sj, old_sj)
    load_on_subjob()
end

function load_on_subjob()
    if player.sub_job == 'WHM' or player.sub_job == 'RDM' then
        include('bst_mage.lua')
    else
        include('bst_melee.lua')
    end

init_gear_sets()
end

And then in bst_mage.lua and bst_melee.lua you define all your functions normally, including an init_gear_sets function that defines all your gear sets.

If the actual rules are the same between the two, and you're only changing the sets, then you can keep all the rules in bst.lua and only need to worry about setting up the gear sets in the init_gear_sets function.
 Sylph.Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2014-07-21 12:54:24
Link | Citer | R

if TP_Index = 1 then
should be
if TP_Index == 1 then

Edit: Also, you aren't required to do a set_combine with multiple sets; equip() can handle multiple sets the same way set_combine does, automatically.

Worked. Thanks. :) still a little foggy on when to use '=' and '==' but I'm getting there. Writing at 3am didn't help either.
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 181 182 183