Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-07-27 09:21:33
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
drive flav insane
Were you the *** who parked in my space last night?!?! Yeah... I got home last night only to find that some a-hole took it upon himself to commondeer my parking space. Appearantly this couple has one too many cars and they troll for parking spaces in the building for ones that seem uninhabited atm...

I asked for thier parking space # so I could randomly inconvenience them as well. I was not given then #...
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-27 09:22:29
Link | Citer | R

lol, he is pretty nuts. if you ever need to kill an hour, talk to that guy, he talks a lot.

*edit
sorry I missed you sat flav, I fell asleep til' like 8.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-27 09:22:40
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
drive flav insane
Were you the *** who parked in my space last night?!?! Yeah... I got home last night only to find that some a-hole took it upon himself to commondeer my parking space. Appearantly this couple has one too many cars and they troll for parking spaces in the building for ones that seem uninhabited atm...

I asked for thier parking space # so I could randomly inconvenience them as well. I was not given then #...

As annoying as home ownership can be, there are definitely things about apartment life I do not miss.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-27 09:23:35
Link | Citer | R

I was not given then #...

I hired them for a ball of crack.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-27 09:32:40
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
drive flav insane

As annoying as home ownership can be, there are definitely things about apartment life I do not miss.

Holy *** this has happened for us two neighbors in a row. The current ones are mostly okay, but previously we had two sets of neighbors who would have visitors constnatly during the day and I'd have to be knocking on their door reminding them that we have guest parking at the end of the lot, and don't *** park in assigned spots that aren't yours.

You want to be nice to your guests? Move your shitty car down to the guest spot when your visitor comes, like I do. (Well, my cars aren't shitty, but otherwise.)

The current neighbors are great about it though, although there is still one guy who lives on the other side of the complex that parks wherever the *** he feels like. I've run him off enough by now though that he snipes other people's spots because he knows I'm going to make him move no matter what time day or night it is.

Definitely looking forward to having my own garage and parking. Someplace to keep motorcycles is going to be epic.
By volkom 2015-07-27 09:44:43
Link | Citer | R

drive flav insane

my friends would stack empty cans/bottles on the persons car if their space was taken
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-07-27 09:44:59
Link | Citer | R

drive flav insane

If I was just renting out this place it wouldn't really bother me that much but I own the spot... for me I take it the same as if someone rolled up my driveway and left their car in my garage.

I'm more concerned about what they're doing to prevent or discourage it now as it seems this couple in the building have done this many times before.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-07-27 09:45:22
Link | Citer | R

I was not given then #...

I hired them for a ball of crack.
Where are you getting balls of crack?
[+]
By volkom 2015-07-27 09:48:00
Link | Citer | R

Just leave a nice note on their windshield and say they're getting towed if they don't park in their designated spot ~
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-27 09:50:12
Link | Citer | R

Where are you getting balls of crack?

That's nary your concern.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Serveur: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-07-27 09:51:02
Link | Citer | R

-BURP
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2015-07-27 09:51:02
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
Just leave a nice note on their windshield and say they're getting towed if they don't park in their designated spot ~
So civil....so boring.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-07-27 09:51:37
Link | Citer | R

COVER THEIR WINDSHIELD WITH GLITTER
OR FIRE
OR HOT SAUCE
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-27 09:52:10
Link | Citer | R

If I was just renting out this place it wouldn't really bother me that much but I own the spot... for me I take it the same as if someone rolled up my driveway and left their car in my garage.

Ugh. Yeah, this is why I ruled out buying a townhouse or condo.

But you're in the big ol' breezy city. Your options are likely limited.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-27 09:52:35
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Misao said: »
COVER THEIR WINDSHIELD WITH GLITTER
OR FIRE
OR HOT SAUCE

Cover it with hot sauce, toss on glitter, then light it on fire.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-27 09:53:14
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Urial said: »
So civil....so boring.

I know, right?

You can't be passive-aggressive about parking issues. You've got to grab them by the metaphorical hojos.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-07-27 09:57:29
Link | Citer | R

isnt actually egging the windshield BAD?
squirt water and pop the windshield wipers, makes a shittier mess? lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-07-27 09:58:47
Link | Citer | R

A cople of problems with this.

1) That would mean they're car would still be in my spot for awhile.
2) I'm not sure a tow truck (at least a normal tow truck) would fit inside the building's parking garage. The more I think about it though I'm sure someone has found a way.
3) I'm more concerned about what the building as a whole is doing to prevent things like this. It's private property in garage with multiple floors in a highrise. So far all of the offenders are residents it seems so how do you stop them from doing it? Everything is privately owned by each resident.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-27 10:02:23
Link | Citer | R

If the spot is, strictly speaking, your private property, it occurs to me that involving the Chicago Fuzz might be the way to go if it's happening over and over.
By volkom 2015-07-27 10:02:35
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Ramuh.Urial said: »
So civil....so boring.

I know, right?

You can't be passive-aggressive about parking issues. You've got to grab them by the metaphorical hojos.

fine fine

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-07-27 10:03:02
Link | Citer | R

Ugh. Yeah, this is why I ruled out buying a townhouse or condo.

But you're in the big ol' breezy city. Your options are likely limited.
The townhouses here are required to have thier own garage so it wouldn't be a big deal. I lived in one before I moved into the condo.

But yeah... if you live where I live you're either in a condo/apt/townhome.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-07-27 10:07:34
Link | Citer | R

If the spot is, strictly speaking, your private property, it occurs to me that involving the Chicago Fuzz might be the way to go if it's happening over and over.
It is... that fact is brought to reality every time I have to pay property taxes on the damn parking spot itself...

I don't want to deal with the cops. They wouldn't do much of anything in any case. They'll probably just tell you to get it towed. Waht I want is to see what the property manager and association is doing to eliminate the issue.

My car isn't always even in the spot so I mean I'm not even against people using it but using it without my permission is off limits. Some people rent theirs out and such.

Edit: It's only happened 3 times so far. the first two times people left their numbers on their car and asked to call so they could move it so they wouldn't be towed. This guy appearantly just moved in as I haven't been parking there for the last few weeks.
[+]
By volkom 2015-07-27 10:10:01
Link | Citer | R

By Ramyrez 2015-07-27 10:11:31
Link | Citer | R

Yeah. That's been my problem with the cops too.

When I was on-street parking I had cars hit by hit-and-run drivers three times, one I watched do it and reported/described the vehicle, though I didn't, sadly, catch the plate.

Cops were about as helpful as hemorrhoids when you have to sit on a church pew.

I guess I was just hoping that, for your sake, the CPD might be more helpful given it involves private property and a reasonable chance of catching them in flagrante delicto.

Edit: Ultimately though, if you have a property manager, they really should be doing something about that. Though, in my experience, they generally don't have the gall to actually do anything unless you've harassed them to the point you'd rather just deal with it yourself anyhow.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-07-27 10:11:55
Link | Citer | R

steal their gas.
key their car.
block their car.
leave angry note ending in "get off my lawn"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-27 10:14:00
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Misao said: »
steal their gas.
key their car.

Anything that involves theft or damage gets him in trouble.

The real answer, is, sadly, forcing the property manager to address it, and failing that, making friends with a towing company.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2015-07-27 10:19:01
Link | Citer | R

Have you considered the ole' banana in the tailpipe routine?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-27 10:22:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dameshi said: »
Have you considered the ole' banana in the tailpipe routine?

All the +. Hail to the King of Ni (illegitimate though the title may be)!

[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-27 10:42:08
Link | Citer | R

shoe polish under the door handles.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-07-27 10:44:43
Link | Citer | R

Oh God! I about died laughing reading this and the repressed memory of mischief it brought about.

And they never parked in that spot again. :)
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17526 17527 17528 ... 18549 18550 18551