FFXIAH Linkshell Ni
First Page 2 3 ... 16579 16580 16581 ... 18549 18550 18551
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-22 13:11:48
Link | Citer | R

lol yeah yours was one of the ones changed.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-22 13:20:12
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Josiahfk said: »
me saying 6'5 for height is more understood than saying in CM usually but since we're so close in trading and relations, easier to accomodate both and keep it simple.
Yes but sadly for you, we don't accomodate the evil Metric System.

And sweet tundering lord you're tall!!!!!!!!!!

Jetackuu said: »
OK I vaguely recall hearing something about that, but wouldn't have thought about it. Good thing to know when I'm drawing out plans for my new desk and entertainment center, as I'm tired of not being able to find what I want, so I'll build my own. I just need to find somebody with a table saw, and a few other tools to build it right.
Yup, if need anymore info, you know who the crazy person is to PM for it.

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
I'm confused. How are these two points a sign of agreement? Wood that we call 1" by 4" is nothing like as wide or as high as that. It's a basic understanding of measurement that causes the confusion for laymen.
Yep, and when I was a dumb laborer in field, I didn't know, but getting into the office, I learned. Figured that folks that get degrees in doing this would know this to. Sadly not always the case. But what do I know, I am dumb and have no degree.

And it's bloody stupidity (and sloth -- we could just use metric measures if fractional values are such a pain) that we retain out-dated naming conventions that are hypothetically but not really mathematical.
I can agree to that, I do better in decimals, BUT I use the fractions more and so do my predecessors/coworkers/superiors. /shrug

Sup Ono. How you be sir?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-04-22 13:26:02
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
If you teach, I have one request. Please educate them that 1x4 and 1x6, and all 1x material is NOT the actual 1"x4" and 1"x6", etc. 3/4"x3-1/2"!!!!!!!!!!! EVERY. TIME.

^^^Sometimes I wonder if people were asleep during foundational geometry, because of this reason. How do people not understand measurements when they come out of elementary school, even if you're on the layman level?!? Some subs! Not you. I'm just with you on the BASIC math tangent.^^^
I'm confused. How are these two points a sign of agreement? Wood that we call 1" by 4" is nothing like as wide or as high as that. It's a basic understanding of measurement that causes the confusion for laymen. And it's bloody stupidity (and sloth -- we could just use metric measures if fractional values are such a pain) that we retain out-dated naming conventions that are hypothetically but not really mathematical.

It's these inconsistencies that get relayed that cause annoyances on all ends. We've all gone on and on about this in here. I'm just running on a different tangent. We *** a lot in here sometimes. I convert fractions always.

I agree that the US should just convert completely to metric.

EDIT: With your degree and experience, why haven't you taken a jab at something like a city planner? I think you would do well. Jesus! One of my friends who graduated with a degree in Humanities and had experience in retail and as a bank teller was able to snatch that title, no nepotism/cronyism involved!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-22 13:26:42
Link | Citer | R

I agree that the US should just convert completely to metric.
I'll quit. Find some other career. XD
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-22 13:32:00
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Josiahfk said: »
Typical stubbornness : p

Metric isn't that hard nerd!
Yup, and I am too old to change my ways! Jk about that but no, Metric is a good system, and its a system without flaws, but that is my beef with it. Too easy. Believe me, I don't try to understand this part of me either but if it's too easy, it feels wrong to me.

Fenrir.Josiahfk said: »
Magnuss is taller than me, if you think I'm tall lol
What are you guys eating???? Cheese curds for height?!?!?!?!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-22 13:42:28
Link | Citer | R

Maybe not a Mod, but an Admin might/should be able to. Depends on rights given to them, the Mods and Admins, by the Owner, Scragg-sama.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-22 13:43:50
Link | Citer | R

***, I totally forgot the next news headline! I should have bookmarked it rather than just remember it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-22 13:45:21
Link | Citer | R

Gotta browse through my web history now, way too long for one day, lol.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-22 13:49:32
Link | Citer | R

dafaq.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-22 13:52:49
Link | Citer | R

I should have made a list.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-04-22 13:54:31
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

And we've come full circle for today. Lists are your friend!
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-22 13:55:49
Link | Citer | R

'Tis the beauty of the real world, always something crazy will happen. You can bet on it!
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Serveur: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-04-22 13:59:18
Link | Citer | R

I call BS!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-22 14:00:19
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
I call BS!

I'm with spath, I've winged my whole life thus far, and am doing fine.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-04-22 14:01:08
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
I just took a screenshot anwyay and they all look normal on my page, you can save this to comp and take it to aly or scragg

http://i.imgur.com/hgXIiQZ.png

There's a way to edit titles, or is someone *** with you?

EDIT: I wouldn't think a mod would waste time like that. Wouldn't they be the only ones capable of editing stuff that is finite to regular posters?
If I remember correctly, if a replying user changed their subject in their reply, it will change the subject listed. Not 100% sure. What I do know is that we mods, have no way to access other user's Mboxes. Josiah seems to reply and set the subject as "~" or "(no subject)." I think it has something to fo with him being on mobile.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-22 14:02:12
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-22 14:03:31
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
I think it has something to fo with him being on mobile.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Serveur: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-22 14:21:03
Link | Citer | R

EDIT: With your degree and experience, why haven't you taken a jab at something like a city planner? I think you would do well. Jesus! One of my friends who graduated with a degree in Humanities and had experience in retail and as a bank teller was able to snatch that title, no nepotism/cronyism involved!
Without going into an extensive discussion I don't want to have about why my employment situation has been a bit of a quagmire in recent years, I just interviewed to be the second-in-command of a plant safety office yesterday and that job is much more up my alley (not least because of my pseudo-background in medicine). Keep some fingers crossed.

Although I study people, however, I have nominal patience for them. I don't think I could cope with city governance. I shadowed my mayor once and he did everything he could to dissuade me from getting involved in the political nightmare, and he wasn't even mayor of a particularly large city. I nonetheless keep my eye on civil service jobs, however.

I like to be a lieutenant, something that I figured out while playing MMOs. I swear I need to find some way to fit some of my FFXI achievements onto my resume, but I'd spend more time explaining that getting people through CoP while in the process of leveling (we beat the Airship Battle when my highest job was a 60-something Bard and I was actually on my 50-something White Mage that I'd power-leveled to fill the gap) was basically a crash course in planning, people skills, and cat-herding than I'd like to do.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-04-22 14:28:23
Link | Citer | R

Absolutely! I understand not wanting to delve into it. That just leaped into my head when thinking about some of your previous posts.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-22 14:43:15
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
I just took a screenshot anwyay and they all look normal on my page, you can save this to comp and take it to aly or scragg

http://i.imgur.com/hgXIiQZ.png

There's a way to edit titles, or is someone *** with you?

EDIT: I wouldn't think a mod would waste time like that. Wouldn't they be the only ones capable of editing stuff that is finite to regular posters?
If I remember correctly, if a replying user changed their subject in their reply, it will change the subject listed. Not 100% sure. What I do know is that we mods, have no way to access other user's Mboxes. Josiah seems to reply and set the subject as "~" or "(no subject)." I think it has something to fo with him being on mobile.
The person I was talking to did not and would never say anything even remotely associated with "all male tarus are perverts"

My conversation with Josiah changed as well then went to (no subject) which they are both currently at...

Some of my PMs have been deleted as well...
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-04-22 14:47:59
Link | Citer | R

Block is broken too? >.>
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-22 14:48:50
Link | Citer | R

I'll delete your face!

but prolly not on bf4, due to my perpetual sucking.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-22 14:48:53
Link | Citer | R

What I do know is that we mods, have no way to access other user's Mboxes
I remember long time ago Jaerik saying that you guys actually can(and would only in case of necessity). It's something that changed or maybe he meant something else and I misunderstood..?
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-22 14:49:08
Link | Citer | R

Block is broken too? >.>

block is working great!
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-04-22 14:50:59
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
What I do know is that we mods, have no way to access other user's Mboxes
I remember long time ago Jaerik saying that you guys actually can(and would only in case of necessity). It's something that changed or maybe he meant something else and I misunderstood..?
We can't, or we have never been able to since I became a mod. An admin can view them, I'd assume by viewing the server contents which we have no access to.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-04-22 14:51:28
Link | Citer | R

Block is broken too? >.>

Maybe?

Ummm...I sent a PM to someone last week to clarify something, and (although the stubborn retort I received was a further annoyance) they claimed to have had me blocked.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16579 16580 16581 ... 18549 18550 18551