Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 262 263 264
By Cleric 2014-12-17 12:42:56
Link | Citer | R

Josiah Monstruo said: »
Cleric said: »
Welcome senor~

First off what kind of content do you want this thief to handle? We talking VD BCNM? or more like Dynamis/salvage efficient soloing setup

Eventually, everything. I know what my end goal is, but I just need help gearing up with what I have, and what I should aim for, until I can get my reforged gear. (Oh, and which augments for Qaaxo, etc)
By Nyruul 2014-12-17 12:49:51
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Josiahfk said: »
If that ring was TH+3, it would be pretty spiffy for all jobs soloing. But as a thief I'm against it.

As far as I'm concerned there are only two options. Weatherspoon and Karieyh. But this is subjective I suppose.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-12-17 12:57:40
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Josiahfk said: »
If that ring was TH+3, it would be pretty spiffy for all jobs soloing. But as a thief I'm against it.

Eh, I think it's worth considering for people who can't use THF or /THF for farming for whatever reason, but own Chaac Belt.

This is a pretty slim demographic but for those people Gorney's way more valuable than any of the other rings could hope to be.
By Giaden 2014-12-17 13:12:09
Link | Citer | R

@ Cleric
Back on page 57, through all this mess, Valli posted some decent sets to go with.

Now, before anyone jumps down my throat about them, I'm just pointing out that those sets are probably better up to date sets atm then anyone I've seen post for Thf so far. They are not final! I'm sure someone will say one way or the other about these sets and all the craptastic variables that go along with them.

Or I'm sure someone will sneeze at SE and change the world with thf and everything under the sun will change about the job once again.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 13:14:51
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Giaden 2014-12-17 13:15:41
Link | Citer | R

I told you to get out of the way!
[+]
By Nyruul 2014-12-17 13:34:40
Link | Citer | R

If the bus is right there and its gonna happen in some way why not just roll with it?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-12-17 14:29:36
Link | Citer | R

This job forum has become unexpectedly the most bellicose. I haven't seen such heat since people stopped making threads about Apoc vs Ragnarok.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-12-17 14:35:09
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
This job forum has become unexpectedly the most bellicose. I haven't seen such heat since people stopped making threads about Apoc vs Ragnarok.

lol, i know im happy to see it!
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-17 14:36:07
Link | Citer | R

Beware the sheer volume of *** flailing about
[+]
By lhova 2014-12-17 14:36:08
Link | Citer | R

Quick question about Dyna since there was a lot of going back in forth about this topic. Are you guys holding mobs for procs or just killing if your tp hits take it down? There are a lot of times when I turn or try to hold to proc and I'm not sure if thats the most productive way. I currently play on xbox and my best runs are normally around 500ish on DC mobs.
 Siren.Sieha
Serveur: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-12-17 14:40:31
Link | Citer | R

If you are pulling in that much on a run, I am sure whatever you are doing is fine. to each their own.
By lhova 2014-12-17 14:42:48
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Sieha said: »
If you are pulling in that much on a run, I am sure whatever you are doing is fine. to each their own.

Well when I read about people pulling in 800 I feel like I must be doing something wrong lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 14:44:12
Link | Citer | R

Just do you. 500 is fine. You're not going to get 800 like me without (things).

You could probably do a little better, but its more about practice making perfect. With a little bit of luck. If a mob doesn't proc before you kill it, it's not the end of the world. Spam the steps while meleeing, if it dies move on. Never turn for a proc.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-12-17 14:46:31
Link | Citer | R

Hardest part of dynamis is resisting 2 hours in it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-17 14:53:41
Link | Citer | R

I'd only recommend turning if you have like 1 last step coming up because why the *** not but on thf you usually get 1-2 with just TH.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-17 15:03:19
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I'd only recommend turning if you have like 1 last step coming up because why the *** not but on thf you usually get 1-2 with just TH Sandung.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-12-17 15:05:48
Link | Citer | R

Who cares about the tools anyone uses, I'm impressed you can get 800 w/ the traffic in zone. You much have a very polite server that don't camp on top of each other.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-17 15:08:51
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Syagin said: »
Who cares about the tools anyone uses, I'm impressed you can get 800 w/ the traffic in zone. You much have a very polite server that don't camp on top of each other.

traffic? lmao

games dead bro
 Bismarck.Inference
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-12-17 15:17:27
Link | Citer | R

To be fair now-a-days one other person mimicking 1/3rd of your route is considered a massive hindrance, at least based on the whole six or seven times I've felt suicidal enough to do Dynamis.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-12-17 15:18:20
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

traffic? lmao

games dead bro

Because you would know sir?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-12-17 15:32:03
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »

You could probably do a little better, but its more about practice making perfect. With a little bit of luck. If a mob doesn't proc before you kill it, it's not the end of the world. Spam the steps while meleeing, if it dies move on. Never turn for a proc.

My highest is 938 but I dual box so technically, that's really only 469 per char. I'd be curious what kinda (things) would actually help push a single char that high.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-17 15:32:18
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

traffic? lmao

games dead bro

Because you would know sir?

thf is the strongest DD, looks pretty dead to me

no but seriously, yes I do know
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-12-17 15:38:44
Link | Citer | R

lhova said: »
Quick question about Dyna since there was a lot of going back in forth about this topic. Are you guys holding mobs for procs or just killing if your tp hits take it down? There are a lot of times when I turn or try to hold to proc and I'm not sure if thats the most productive way. I currently play on xbox and my best runs are normally around 500ish on DC mobs.
Since the step timer update, hands down better just spam JA, never turn. Don't even need to 'juggle' more than 1 monster at once to get 500 singles.

lhova said: »
Siren.Sieha said: »

Well when I read about people pulling in 800 I feel like I must be doing something wrong lol.
You probably aren't using 'things' like valli is.

20-25% of your run is just running between TEs/camps/monsters/engaging+disengaging the monster, that's a lot of time not doing damage/proc'ing things that drop currency.
You could probably pull an extra 100+ currency 'minimizing' those delays.
I can't beat my own record of 513 singles with TH2 on dnc because I run out monsters, get competition, the limitations of TH2 itself and I don't use 'things'. So if you're doing like 450-500 i'd say you're doing really well without resorting to 'things'.

The difference between me fully paying attention to dynamis, or multitasking watching anime or talking to someone on skype or tabbing my brower to argue on the internet adjusts my coin take by ~50 or so but it keeps me sane doing dyna.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 15:39:55
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »

My highest is 938 but I dual box so technically, that's really only 469 per char. I'd be curious what kinda (things) would actually help push a single char that high.

For example things, think of what would make your run faster:
Not having to run to TE's
Not having to run between camps
Not having to cure
Never having to run from mob to mob
Never having to look for the next mob to kill
Always having haste
Not having to engage to step/ws
No competition

Just some examples.
 Bismarck.Gippali
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2014-12-17 15:43:30
Link | Citer | R

Cream Soda when did you change your name???
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-12-17 15:56:24
Link | Citer | R

Not having to cure
Always having haste

Ah okay. I use a couple of windower things but I generally tend to keep it rather normal and wouldn't be willing to do most of this. I've never heard anything that can keep you perma-hasted or cure you. I understand some about the rest of it though and yeah I think I'd rather have a bit lower numbers lol.
By Nyruul 2014-12-17 15:59:08
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »

Not having to cure
Always having haste

Ah okay. I use a couple of windower things but I generally tend to keep it rather normal and wouldn't be willing to do most of this. I've never heard anything that can keep you perma-hasted or cure you. I understand some about the rest of it though and yeah I think I'd rather have a bit lower numbers lol.

babababa... :X
By Pantafernando 2014-12-17 17:11:35
Link | Citer | R

Never having to run from mob to mob
No competition

Are those features of your same tool?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-12-17 17:14:59
Link | Citer | R

Nyruul said: »
babababa... :X

Eh? I have no idea what you're meaning by this.
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 262 263 264