Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 58 59 60 ... 262 263 264
By Pantafernando 2014-12-15 17:29:40
Link | Citer | R

SE need to allow relic and empy occ 2x dmg to proc in ws to make them competitive against non rem.
 Fenrir.Magi
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2014-12-15 19:23:27
Link | Citer | R

How does a WSD Ipetam (or Ipetam in general) perform, compared to other available options for THF?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By charlo999 2014-12-15 19:49:20
Link | Citer | R

Still waiting to see if the relics white damage gets put behind from base damage and dex then surely sandung in offhand with the 5 wsd is now best too on high lvl stuff were you need the 119 skill. If it is I don't think valli is gonna be able to bring himself to say it.
 Siren.Strawhat
Serveur: Siren
user: Strawhat
By Siren.Strawhat 2014-12-15 21:46:03
Link | Citer | R

so is the best main hand dagger now Vajra 'cause of 30% boost to SA and TA or Twashtar 'cause of 20 DEX bonus and odd after Rudra's?
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-12-15 22:17:22
Link | Citer | R

Vajra, by a lot
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-15 22:17:46
Link | Citer | R

Just gonna plunk this down right here, enjoy.

I didn't want to make a new post, so edited this one~
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-12-15 22:23:14
Link | Citer | R

99999 or get out

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Serveur: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2014-12-15 23:31:49
Link | Citer | R

Am I really going to have to *gasp* ditch my Mandau for Izhiikoh/Atoyac combo now? D:
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-15 23:33:05
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
Am I really going to have to *gasp* ditch my Mandau for Izhiikoh/Atoyac combo now? D:

You don't HAVE to do anything, but Mandau did lose it's luster =/
I changed over, for the last 2 days till Vajra is done, made me sad.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kawanomu
user: kawanomu
By Quetzalcoatl.Kawanomu 2014-12-15 23:37:58
Link | Citer | R

glad my vajra is collecting dust w
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-16 08:41:51
Link | Citer | R

charlo999 said: »
Still waiting to see if the relics white damage gets put behind from base damage and dex then surely sandung in offhand with the 5 wsd is now best too on high lvl stuff were you need the 119 skill. If it is I don't think valli is gonna be able to bring himself to say it.

Never, ever, ever,ever,ever,ever,eva,eva,eva use a Sandung.
12 DEX WSD 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Naked >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sandung
By Nyruul 2014-12-16 09:27:02
Link | Citer | R

Don't listen to Valli about THF, or about anything really...

This is what we make him wear to come to LS events.

ItemSet 331663
[+]
By lhova 2014-12-16 16:05:04
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
First time trying this, interesting, it went from 100% > 37% (haven't even updated my own sets to reflect BiS, I'm so lazy =/)

What was your starting tp at Valli because honestly that seem a lil weak. I normally start with 3000tp on HQ Khim and SA/AC RS normally does about 32k on him to start. Reverse flourish RS darkness then dead. Normally within a minute. If I had mythic I could (and should) be able to 1 hit him. I just Iz and Atoyac currently and its sad to say but I haven't even 119 my thf body yet lol.
By lhova 2014-12-16 16:19:42
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
THIS was NOT like this prior to Rudra's update. This actually BEGS for an update to Mandau's pitiful 91 Base damage. You can see Mandau has a clear lead fr white damage, but the Rudra's increase is too drastic.

While I completely understand the sentiment that that the "ultimate weapons" should be best, this is nothing new for FFXI. This situation is absolutely no different from status quo for SAM ever since Tsurumaru, and I never saw Amano get buffed to stay ahead. Even for THF itself, 119 Empy dagger has been behind other easily obtained 119 options for a while, proving that RME status is no guarantee of beating non-RME.

I'd suggest THF focus on the positive. Namely, you just went to being a top tier DD with something as easy to obtain as a Delve boss weapon. Big jump for a job that as recently as a week ago would be denied a spot by some people if the party didn't need TH.

I totally understand that, and I completely agree. It just breaks my heart to see it Q_Q

A small sacrifice of Mandau, for the greater good of gaining a place on the totem-pole.

Nevermind that, simple mistake on the Mani legs path B <.<;; DEX ALL THE THINGS!

Ugh, I put +str on my Q legs, does that mean I should re augment thme with the +8 Dex and also should I continue to use them for tp and we phases?

ItemSet 331676
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-16 16:33:02
Link | Citer | R

Only 100% and with Mandau, I didn't actually plan on using flourish to try a self-skillchain, was a spur of the moment kinda thing.

10 seconds just isn't a big enough window, if you don't get a multi-attack after the 1st ws, you miss the window by 1 second, it's a pain in the *** lol.

Mani A's 12 Dex > Quia's 8 Dex. I don't use Quia (with any aug) in any set now.

I'd keep the Quia STR for MNK (If you play it) RNG TP (maybe) DNC? etc.

Rudra's 1 DEX > 16ish STR so 12 DEX on Mani > over 100 STR on legs.
By lhova 2014-12-16 17:04:21
Link | Citer | R

Only 100% and with Mandau, I didn't actually plan on using flourish to try a self-skillchain, was a spur of the moment kinda thing.

10 seconds just isn't a big enough window, if you don't get a multi-attack after the 1st ws, you miss the window by 1 second, it's a pain in the *** lol.

SO technically I shouldn't even use Rajas for the 5 Dex 5 Str I should just get another Ramuh for the +8 Dex? Can't afford +1's yet lol.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-16 17:08:12
Link | Citer | R

Yeah ramuh/+1 will destroy any other ring atm
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-16 17:09:34
Link | Citer | R

Wonder if thf/sam can reliably 2shot respite cloak nm
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-16 17:09:45
Link | Citer | R

Pretty much, yeah Ramuh all the way. Kareiyh ring is good too.

I don't want to give this one away, since I haven't tested it yet... But I want to do THF/DRK and SoulEater a SARudra <.<;;;;

Also, it SEEMS that the "Gifts" are broken...

SARudra 50k
TARudra 50k
But SA/TA Rudra still only 50k it's been a LONG time since I've used SATA but they should have cumulative damage. I Understand that TA does basically nothing, but it should add more damage on top of a SARudra. Especially with 10% TA damage stacked on, but it does not.
By lhova 2014-12-16 17:28:06
Link | Citer | R

lhova said: »

SO technically I shouldn't even use Rajas for the 5 Dex 5 Str I should just get another Ramuh for the +8 Dex? Can't afford +1's yet lol.

So the 12 Dex from Mani legs are better than the +4 Crticial hit damange from AF 119 legs?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-16 17:32:59
Link | Citer | R

This thread just keeps expanding... mostly my fault. It's back 3 pages already, even though I only posted it yesterday... New sets lol.

Unstacked - Mani
Stacked SA or TA - Pillager (it's really close though...)
By lhova 2014-12-16 18:00:56
Link | Citer | R

This thread just keeps expanding... mostly my fault. It's back 3 pages already, even though I only posted it yesterday... New sets lol.

Unstacked - Mani
Stacked SA or TA - Pillager (it's really close though...)

Speaking of your sets, are you tp in that back because you don't have an auged Canny mantle or because its BIS? I have a +2 Dex +5 DW Canny that I figured would be BIS for TP.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-16 19:22:34
Link | Citer | R

Generally, thf could use some attack, and it happens to be an Atheling+1.

I LOATHE, absolutely hate EVERYTHING from the top to the bottom of incursion. It's epic fail on an epic fail level.

That being said... there are tooooooooo many augments to just say "this is best" cause no 2 people are likely to ever get the same augments realistically.

DW is useless when you have marches/haste2 etc. Many many situations.

If a canny had DW then you'd use it for "truesolo" no marches from trust aka: salvage/dynamis.
If a canny had Crit+ then maybe for party scenario, you have to use your judgement.
 Asura.Dakenx
Serveur: Asura
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Dakenx 2014-12-16 21:20:40
Link | Citer | R

Did Pandemonium Warden last night on mythic thf. All the forms didn't get any TP move off, last form I SA rudra's > wipe > popped wing & tp to 200 SA rudras and it was dead. With it only taking 2 weaponskills to kill last form may be possible to solo. Ill try it on my next pop & see how it goes w/o help from my alt or trusts
 Ragnarok.Bardiel
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Bardiel
By Ragnarok.Bardiel 2014-12-16 22:57:19
Link | Citer | R

Considering the changes afforded by the latest update, I've noticed a trend across many jobs where Elemental Gorgets/Belts/Rancorous Mantle have fallen back into fashion for weapon skills (as if they ever REALLY left, right?)... except for many of the gear sets I've seen in the main sticky and woven throughout this thread.

I'm puzzled by this, but lack the time to go bang out comparison tests in the field -- something I'm certain at least a few of you have already done? Anyone mind sharing why one wouldn't bother using any/all of them?

Thanks in advance!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-16 23:41:34
Link | Citer | R

The OP has quit, and no one has taken over the thread to make new sets.

I put current sets up 3 pages back. Someone needs to make a new thread/guide.
 Ragnarok.Bardiel
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Bardiel
By Ragnarok.Bardiel 2014-12-17 01:31:57
Link | Citer | R

I saw those, Valli, and they're very interesting - thanks for the awesome gear goal sets! - still wonder why Gorget/Belt/Rancorous would be less desirable given the massive boost every other weapon skill affected by the update would get by using them... ?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 58 59 60 ... 262 263 264