A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 99 100 101
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-12-21 10:42:53
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I'm wondering if you actually tested that fenrir +1 out do shiva +1 on high dINT targets

My LS often uses +INT buffs for the mage PTs. However with the new relevant content being absurdly difficult Cl ??? monsters the thought of gutting my Fenrir+1s has crossed my mind.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Serveur: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-12-21 11:47:59
Link | Citer | R

Tychefm What sets do you use? Working on sch gear every day both with Augments from Reisenjima and Abj gear as well as All other drops for m.acc M.att, fastcast haste low tier and high tier nukes, Helix 2, still need to build a MB set but not sure where to look and what is most Ideal vs quickly obtainable. Can you or anyone else help on that?
 Bahamut.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-12-21 12:27:05
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Midgitis said: »
Yeah that's low. Job points of course will help a lot with that. Sch should be able to do an easy 30k+ with T5 on ironside with gifts and decent gear. Possibly more, I've only nuked it ever as blm.

Gifts will add a lot to your acc and damage. Gear alone probably won't make up the difference unless you get some insane augments.

Thanks. my gear is up there. Will work on scholar JP now that I'm done with blue Mage.
 Asura.Devdas
Serveur: Asura
user: Lerouge
By Asura.Devdas 2015-12-21 13:37:32
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
I'm doing around 9-11 k thunder V magic burst on ironside. Sometimes thunder IV does 12k. Without looking at gears is that number low? Do I need more magic accuracy? I am also 5 JpS only. (Working on it) lol

Are you also the skillchain maker? I'm asking because your damage might just seem low cause you are the last person nuking in a barrage of nukes from your black mages.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2015-12-21 14:27:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Haven't tried myself but the sch I was with reported ga spells not working on teodor. If I remember his words correctly, he said immanence wasn't getting consumed at all

This is correct, teador -ga wasnt landing with immanence, it just gets blinked. This changed about a week ago
 Bahamut.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-12-21 17:22:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Devdas said: »
Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
I'm doing around 9-11 k thunder V magic burst on ironside. Sometimes thunder IV does 12k. Without looking at gears is that number low? Do I need more magic accuracy? I am also 5 JpS only. (Working on it) lol

Are you also the skillchain maker? I'm asking because your damage might just seem low cause you are the last person nuking in a barrage of nukes from your black mages.

We take turns making skillchain but our usual group average is around 10-12k. I do see what u mean. No wonder my T4 Thunder does 12k sometimes since it hits first. But if people are reporting thunder 5 30k damage on ironside it's gotta be the JPs then. I'm capped out on magic burst damage + 50. High augment reisenjima gears too. But still it's easy mode regardless. I can imagine it's more harder going blue blue melee route.
 Fenrir.Montaeg
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2015-12-21 20:31:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Haven't tried myself but the sch I was with reported ga spells not working on teodor. If I remember his words correctly, he said immanence wasn't getting consumed at all

This is correct, teador -ga wasnt landing with immanence, it just gets blinked. This changed about a week ago

I must have been drinking during SR or something cause immanence does just does not work with -ga period -- whether you cast it on something with shadows or not. When you say it got changed a week ago are you referring to the immanence not taking affect on shadows or -ga not working with immanence? Because -ga can't be 'blinked' that was the point of trying to SC with them.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-12-23 02:08:55
Link | Citer | R

Hello everyone.

I've just i think to take a look in SCH job, i have a tons of magic gear but for now no relic/af/empy on SCH.

In your opinion what relic/af/empy is completly necessary, so this way i can focus just on this one.

Thks in advance.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-12-23 02:35:26
Link | Citer | R

AF3 hands => awesome piece for perpetuance, don't think you can skip it
AF3 head => BiS for nuking with Ebullience up (Merlinic might be better...), nice enhancement skill piece and midcast for Regen
AF3 feet => BiS for nuking with Klimaform/weather up (merlinic might be better!)
AF3 body => decent piece for nuking in macc sets, if you have better options you can skip this
AF3 Legs => aside from the stratagem enhancement, this used to be a pretty nice macc piece, but there are better options now.

AF2 body => used to be nice for enhaskill, but personally I use Telchine with enha duration+ now. This is still somewhat nice to fill Sublimation faster. I wouldn't call it a vital piece but it's nice to have
AF2 head => its spellcasting effect goes beyond the FC cap, but I wouldn't really call this item "vital"
AF2 legs => Extends tabula rasa duration by 30 seconds. Arguably you could use the 109 version for that, or even the level 90 augmented dynamis version.
AF2 feet => I use them to increase the amount of +stat you get when using a certain weather (if you have the merits, but why shouldn't you!). Arguably, for this role, you could use the 109 version or the level 90 version. Would still get the same exact +stat bonus.

AF1 head => as AF2 body, not vital but nice piece for filling sublimation faster
AF1 feet => their grimoire spellcasting effect goes beyond the fastcast cap. Still, wouldn't call it "vital"...

tl;dr
get AF3 hands absolutely, get AF3 body/feet/legs/head if you lack better options, get AF2 body and AF1 head if you're interested in maximizing your Sublimation. Can probably skip everything else.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-12-23 02:54:22
Link | Citer | R

AF1 Legs are a good piece to get easy +Enhancing skill to reach 500 in Light Arts for starters. Can replace it way later for Telchine once you got excellent +Enhancing in other slots and all the gifts.

Quote:
AF3 head => BiS for nuking with Ebullience up (Merlinic might be better...), nice enhancement skill piece and midcast for Regen
AF3 feet => BiS for nuking with Klimaform/weather up (merlinic might be better!)

For feet Chironic have more base MAB but still can't beat AF3 feet. For head you just lose tons and tons of MACC using it over Merlinic.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Garota
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-12-23 02:59:30
Link | Citer | R

I just started playing the job again after not playing it in over... I don't know how many years. Glad somebody asked a question I was kinda curious about myself. :) Good input as always from Sechs. Looks like I'm not gonna bother making any of these iLevel.
 Asura.Psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-12-23 04:08:18
Link | Citer | R

Ok thks for that, should be quick, and now need to shout for AOE reinji PT to reach asap the 550 jp ^^
 Asura.Psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-12-23 04:37:21
Link | Citer | R

Another stupid one but motenten GS files are still good for SCH, or maybe there some better files ?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-12-23 04:43:53
Link | Citer | R

No clue about that, I always use my own Luas.
I don't see why Motenten's file would be broken in general, just need gear updating.
You'd probably have to add some custom mapping for Tier2 Helix and Tier2 Weather though.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-12-23 08:00:21
Link | Citer | R

So if AF3 Legs always proc Conserve MP during Penury and Parsimony, what does the +4 do? Is it some better chance of a higher Converve MP porc?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-12-23 08:32:23
Link | Citer | R

Don't think anyone really knows. Main problem is that noone really wants to spend time finding out since the piece has to be worn on cast.
 Odin.Warusha
Serveur: Odin
user: Serithus
By Odin.Warusha 2015-12-24 10:07:09
Link | Citer | R

What stones are recommended for Meva augments on Telchine? I tried a few snowtip +2 since they're dirt cheap to no avail.
By Chimerawizard 2015-12-24 11:23:03
Link | Citer | R

I found snowdim gave it the most common of the 3.
By Teapo 2015-12-24 18:20:38
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know if there is a way to write an MB set into gearswap and have it toggle automatically and not have to manually toggle it? or is this something that you have to switch yourself into?

edit: thinking about it how would gearswap know that you are going to mb lol?
By Dunigs 2015-12-24 22:21:26
Link | Citer | R

Teapo said: »
Anyone know if there is a way to write an MB set into gearswap and have it toggle automatically and not have to manually toggle it? or is this something that you have to switch yourself into?

edit: thinking about it how would gearswap know that you are going to mb lol?

GearSwap itself has no idea what's going on with that regard. You could parse action packet(probably better) or even just the chat log and tell it to turn on. Simplest version would turn it off after a set time window, slightly more complex version would continue parsing incase some jackass interrupts your MB window or if it should be extended because another skillchain was performed.
 Odin.Zadora
Serveur: Odin
user: Zad
By Odin.Zadora 2015-12-25 11:05:47
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 340575

Looking for some advice on improvements I can make to my magic burst helix set.

Augments
Akademos: INT+15, MAB+15, Mag Acc+15
Merlinic Hood: INT+5, MAB+24, Mag Burst +10%
Merlinic Jubbah: MND+7, Mag Acc+24, MAB+36, Mag Burst+9%
Amalric Gages: INT+10, Mag Acc+15, MAB+15
Merlinic Shalwar: Mag Acc+20, MAB+11, Mag Burst+11%
Merlinic Crackows: INT+9, Mag Acc+25, MAB+40
Bookworm's Cape: INT+5, Helix Dur+20
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2015-12-26 15:20:45
Link | Citer | R

Bugard is pretty simple to solo for stones, but seems to favor Taupe stones, any SCHs out there have a favorite for Fern stones?
 Phoenix.Libbien
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-12-26 16:25:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
Bugard is pretty simple to solo for stones, but seems to favor Taupe stones, any SCHs out there have a favorite for Fern stones?

I haven't paid attention to drop patterns, but the ahriman NM is nearly as trivial as the bugard so you could try that instead. Trusts will die so keep buffs up and reverse tank it, no real threat from this guy. There are plenty of safe/easy t1 solos for sch, but i think bugard/ahriman are the fastest imo.
 Phoenix.Hova
user: Titanfoo
By Phoenix.Hova 2015-12-26 18:27:58
Link | Citer | R

Chrom seems to be oppulance, not sure about fern yet
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2015-12-26 20:18:30
Link | Citer | R

Idk about you but i farm crom all the time and i get fern sacks out the butt
 Phoenix.Hova
user: Titanfoo
By Phoenix.Hova 2015-12-27 00:59:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lordoftheseven said: »
Idk about you but i farm crom all the time and i get fern sacks out the butt

they seem to favor 1 stone, and Crom favors the white stone... fern is green
By Colossusx 2015-12-28 06:49:23
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zadora said: »
ItemSet 340575

Looking for some advice on improvements I can make to my magic burst helix set.

Augments
Akademos: INT+15, MAB+15, Mag Acc+15
Merlinic Hood: INT+5, MAB+24, Mag Burst +10%
Merlinic Jubbah: MND+7, Mag Acc+24, MAB+36, Mag Burst+9%
Amalric Gages: INT+10, Mag Acc+15, MAB+15
Merlinic Shalwar: Mag Acc+20, MAB+11, Mag Burst+11%
Merlinic Crackows: INT+9, Mag Acc+25, MAB+40
Bookworm's Cape: INT+5, Helix Dur+20
yes please this set is similar to mine as well also looking for help.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-12-28 06:55:45
Link | Citer | R

With these Augs there really isn't much to improve at all.

Just "continue Augmenting and your grandchildren might see some near perfect Augs"
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2015-12-28 07:17:13
Link | Citer | R

Wouldn't the Refoccilation Stone give you a few MAB? Amalaric+1 hands(maybe a long term goal). Looks like the hood is the most easily improved on the augs as well.
 Bahamut.Jaegar
user: jaegar
By Bahamut.Jaegar 2015-12-28 16:01:51
Link | Citer | R

Hi guys

I've just finished levelling SCH and looking for a decent lua file to start building sets into. It looks like there's some others looking for one too on another thread so my apologies for posting in here about it, just wondering if anyone has an up to date lua file they wouldn't mind sharing for someone new to the job?

~Jae
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 99 100 101