Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 58 59 60 ... 156 157 158
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-09-30 08:37:54
Link | Citer | R

I think they're afraid of letting us have A+ 'cause of last stand (even though the ease of pulling hate is a balancing factor on less than VD content).

Lagging behind in skill longterm hurts us in tp phase on super hard difficulty, and in stuff where last stand is your primary ws.
Leaden and Wildfire don't miss, that's something at least.

Cor is only for outside buffs on VD, and noone brings the job to incursion, its not really a high demand job anymore.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-30 08:39:54
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
I think they're afraid of letting us have A+ 'cause of last stand (even though the ease of pulling hate is a balancing factor on less than VD content).

Lagging behind in skill longterm hurts us in tp phase on super hard difficulty, and in stuff where last stand is your primary ws.

Cor is only for outside buffs on VD, and noone brings the job to incursion, its not really a high demand job anymore.

And Puppetmaster and Dancer are? Or Beastmaster? Blue Mage is better than people give it credit for when played correctly, but bumping their skill within grade A was necessary against Corsair's marksmanship staying B-grade?

Look, there's no two ways about it; this is an insulting oversight.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-09-30 08:49:54
Link | Citer | R

Hey i'd love A+ marks, but it isn't going to let us take a ranger party slot.
I'd rather they give us a 3rd roll, cut phantome roll recast in half, and nerf party buff swaps already
By Ramyrez 2014-09-30 08:52:08
Link | Citer | R

I'd rather they give us a 3rd roll, cut phantome roll recast in half, and nerf party buff swaps already

I've been on board with nerfing buff-and-drop techniques for literally years. I was so happy when they took away buff holding on NPC conversation lock.
By Keido 2014-09-30 09:32:02
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

I've been on board with nerfing buff-and-drop techniques for literally years. I was so happy when they took away buff holding on NPC conversation lock.

I would be down to watch buffs go away if you drop party. As for a third roll could have done something creative and say you get a third if you you have 2 11's. Also we should have A+ in Marks and A- in Sword.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-30 09:35:47
Link | Citer | R

Keido said: »

I would be down to watch buffs go away if you drop party. As for a third roll could have done something creative and say you get a third if you you have 2 11's. Also we should have A+ in Marks and A- in Sword.

I'd be fine with the A-grade marksmanship and B+ dagger/sword.

Gonna vote no on the 2 XIs = third roll. Can see parties wanting you to stand around forever before planned fights until you've got all three XIs. Too much time standing around buffing as it is.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-09-30 09:43:48
Link | Citer | R

My main argument for faster roll recast is so cor could do front+backline+personal rolls and still have time for pew pew.
Getting rolls back up quick like bards do songs wouldn't hurt balance imo because bust/fold mechanics are still there.

Also incursion needs to give me a damn flueret and refresh sphere body already. These feel like must-have items for me now.

Yeah i wouldnt want 3'rd roll to happen cause of an XI, should just allow a 3rd roll period, there's plenty of good rolls to pick from.
 Bismarck.Baalthus
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Baalthus
By Bismarck.Baalthus 2014-09-30 09:54:19
Link | Citer | R

After the update Corair will be the only job (except mages and Bard), which do not have an A-/A/A+ combat skill.
Seems SE puts us in the same category as Bard and this is ridiculous. If SE don't want to give us more combat skills, then they should give us at least better buffs.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
By Keido 2014-09-30 10:07:42
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Baalthus said: »
After the update Corair will be the only job (except mages and Bard), which do not have an A-/A/A+ combat skill.
Seems SE puts us in the same category as Bard and this is ridiculous. If SE don't want to give us more combat skills, then they should give us at least better buffs.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

How sad is that...
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-30 10:14:40
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Baalthus said: »

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Your table seems to have flipped over, let me get that for you!

┬─┬ ノ( ^_^ノ)
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-09-30 10:19:39
Link | Citer | R

A+ parrying :p
By Ramyrez 2014-09-30 10:28:11
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
A+ parrying :p

A+ drinking and gambling, combined with B-grade gun skills equals wildly waving firearms around while losing at poker.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-30 10:37:21
Link | Citer | R

Leaden/WF doesn't work in VD, leaden also doesn't work on incursion NM :<

I never understand why ppl wouldn't use COR in incursion, I don't think it's THAT bad. Every mage yelling for not having enough macc for sleep/stun as ilv goes up, and they'd rather sacrifice one precious GEO buff slot for macc when 1 COR can do rolls for both pt.

Dispel isn't that bad if you stun the moves, even if you can't stun the moves COR can just put rolls backup if playing full support mode.
 Quetzalcoatl.Suteru
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Suteru
By Quetzalcoatl.Suteru 2014-10-07 12:09:49
Link | Citer | R

Nilas Gloves
DEF:89 HP+45 MP+20 STR+11 DEX+35 VIT+32 AGI+5 INT+12 MND+30 CHR+17 Attack+15 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+15 Evasion+24 Magic Evasion+37 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Haste+5% Enmity+5 "Double Attack"+2%

Helloooo new QD gloves.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-07 12:18:58
Link | Citer | R

And magic ws too. Which is cool, those thurandaut always felt a bit awkward in the middle of all that other stuff.

There's also some other good stuff, but will update the guide only thursday.
By Ramyrez 2014-10-07 12:33:58
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
And magic ws too. Which is cool, those thurandaut always felt a bit awkward in the middle of all that other stuff.

There's also some other good stuff, but will update the guide only thursday.

You spoke too soon. They're Ocelot Glove model.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-10-08 15:28:51
Link | Citer | R

Buff and drop is kinda the only advantage COR has compare with BRD and GEO. Since GEO can't do it and BRD song wears fast, COR can do it more effectively than others. Use 1 person to buff multiple pt is a more efficient way to use man power.

This job would be even less desirable if it can't buff and drop.

Buff lock is a nerf to roll buff potency, not sure what's so good about it ._.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-10 14:23:09
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
There's also some other good stuff,
Correcting myself, not really.
The above mentioned gloves remain the best in slot for both QD, WF and Leaden, but other than that we only got a new cure ring. Didn't realize the fastcast torque is weaker than Orunmila too.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-10 15:23:50
Link | Citer | R

voltsurge torque can pull double duty as fastcast neck and as macc neckpiece for light/dark shots.
I don't know about anyone else but I welcome anything that lets me save 1 inventory slot since its easy for me to run out of inv space during incursion just with nq/hq/grand coffer types dropping.

Also the new decimating bullet is our new highest damage bullet for tp/ws and isnt in the sets, unless you're like me and shooting your hurkan bullet like a derp.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-10 15:30:29
Link | Citer | R

It's inferior for macc too to the scarf.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-10 15:44:13
Link | Citer | R

yeah its not best in slot for either, I just felt its a worthwhile alternative to list for the inventory challenged
 Asura.Highwynn
Serveur: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-11 09:40:55
Link | Citer | R

Is there a Geo and Rune Roll yet? I wonder what bonuses these would give? Maybe for Rune it can give an enspell effect or increase resistance to all elements(like an Bar-all elements) or magic evasion?(snore) Geo can give Haste! Or uh enfeebling/enhancing duration +
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-11 09:53:40
Link | Citer | R

Nope, no new rolls.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-10-11 11:00:52
Link | Citer | R

It would be nice to see a roll for rune fencer, resistance to all elements +10~50 would be cool.
 Phoenix.Keme
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Keme 2014-10-15 18:21:08
Link | Citer | R

Hi Corsairs !
If you're bored and wanna do something fun with your COR, I tried something really fun today.
Delve BEE run 1-5-B with COR/DNCx3 + BRD+GEO+WHM

All Cors were meleeing, even BRD and GEO for fun(magus+gallant helps a lot)
Rolls were : Magus, Gallant, Chaos, Hunter, Samurai, Fighter
All NMs weaks to Last Stand, Until T4 which is weak to Leaden Salute.

On T2 you can dark skillchain with 2 Wild Fire, and Light skillchain with Savage Blade+Last Stand(in any order). So when pdt up, I was doing only a Savage Blade to light it, cause we were spamming Last Stand. If pdt still up, do WFx2 and pdt broke.
On Scorpion keep Haste Samba up, and he'll be always enfeebled.

BRD was doing Marchx2+Minuet on all NMs, and Marchx2+Madrigalx2 on MegaBoss.

Geo was doing def-/atk+ on all NMs until T4 mdb-/mab+(for leaden salute)

It took us 18min to clear full run, with a bee zerg in 1min30.

So if you're bored, try it, it's really really fun.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-15 18:23:59
Link | Citer | R

Only one needs to be dnc doing samba and steps, the others can sub nin and have more dps.
 Phoenix.Keme
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Keme 2014-10-15 18:26:38
Link | Citer | R

/nin having more dps ? good to know, will try that tomorrow.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-15 18:28:48
Link | Citer | R

Well, other than those two not being hindered by the ja spam they also have better dualwield. Shadows probably a waste of time though as most things are aoe spammy.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-10-15 20:20:31
Link | Citer | R

lol i'm gonna do this right now
By Chroph 2014-10-16 18:47:49
Link | Citer | R

Just did another run, recorded the Bee for fun, it tooks us 2min15 to takes down this time, we had 0 XI roll, unlucky xD
And we were missing Magus Roll, so took some good dmg

YouTube Video Placeholder
First Page 2 3 ... 58 59 60 ... 156 157 158