First Page 2 3 ... 182 183 184 ... 224 225 226
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-04-09 16:00:56
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Scarmiglione said: »
Grumpy Cat said: »
Enjoy 2 a lot more than 1 so far. Sadly I have a different version than Woolie played so things aren't all in the same places so my reference is a bit off.

If by Woolie, you mean Super Best Friends Woolie, then I hope you aren't using that playthrough as a reference, it was a train wreck. Woolie is terrible at souls games. Would have been better if Pat played, and thankfully we got Pat to finish the Bloodborne DLC because Woolie playing Bloodborne was just as bad as DSII.

That would be the one. I'm not following it like a guide, but kinda trying to remember some of the things they did, like the faith buildy sword you get from the dude at the tree... who isn't there now.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-04-10 13:14:43
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
I'm surprised you gave 2 a try grumpy. How do you like it so far?

I like it a bit better than 1 in terms of the feel of the controls and mechanics. I feel a bit more in control, like when I die it is usually a feeling of yeah I took that too quickly, or I should have expected this or that.

Storyline though, meh. Not even really sure what is going on, but everything feels too on the nose. Like this is From trying to throw explainations for everything in DS1 at you for the start of the game before it really gets into DS2 itself.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-04-10 21:41:12
Link | Citer | R

Had some fun tonight playing with the small white soapstone, I look forward to getting the larger one so I can stick around for more bosses.

Got to fight the Dragon that killed me in my game and the boss just after that, so that was fun. Looking forward to doing that in my game at some point.

Then... invasions happened. First was the invasion in my game which was super cool actually. I was invaded by a player named Free Items who came to the bonfire and dropped a bunch of healing items and effigies for me and then ported out.

The second invasion of the night happened in another players game actually. "GET SHT ON FGT" pretty much manhandled myself, another shade, and the host with some kinda big *** fire sword :/

I REALLY like the mechanic of the small soapstone. Helps me do some low risk farming, get some materials for upgrades, and I get to learn some more about the areas on occasion. Beats the heck out of the weird level range based silliness in DS1.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-04-10 21:45:40
Link | Citer | R

Soul Memory, DS2's matchmaking system, is far wonkier.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-04-10 22:04:17
Link | Citer | R

Perhaps I should stop leveling for a bit and just bank souls if I want to continue in this area then...

Also realized that I just had to talk to Pate again to get the big soapstone, so did a few rounds of that. Very fun and nice not having to wait an hour doing nothing at all to get summoned like DS1, even if there is a weird formula involved lol.
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2016-04-10 22:47:08
Link | Citer | R

Grumpy Cat said: »

Perhaps I should stop leveling for a bit and just bank souls if I want to continue in this area then...

Also realized that I just had to talk to Pate again to get the big soapstone, so did a few rounds of that. Very fun and nice not having to wait an hour doing nothing at all to get summoned like DS1, even if there is a weird formula involved lol.

If you keep getting souls, but not leveling, your soul memory still increases. There's a ring you can buy that makes it so all your souls go into the ring, and it won't increase your soul memory, in case you want to stay at a specific soul memory tier. Me personally, I want all the souls! I think my soul memory was 80m+ last I played.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-04-10 23:12:29
Link | Citer | R

so, can anyone help a PS3 DS2 player out?

I'm stuck on the last DLC stage fighting the two tigers in the Frozen Outskirts. I just cannot seem to beat them with the NPC helpers available.

Anyone?

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-04-11 17:48:09
Link | Citer | R

DS3 is available to play on Steam. Few hours until PS4/XBone digital copies are available. Midnight for physical copies.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-04-12 00:06:35
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By volkom 2016-04-12 02:36:14
Link | Citer | R

Got to some hag witch boss in the woods. Found some coolio stuff.
That dragon on the tower you first encounter~ if you shoot him up with arrows he flies away and inside is a mimic chest that has a battle axe.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-04-12 04:11:05
Link | Citer | R

Looking forward to playing when I get home, should I avoid this topic in case of spoilers for now? :/

Souls has always been very lore heavy so I suspect it's less vulnerable to spoilers though.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-04-12 04:31:33
Link | Citer | R

Three deaths so far. Two were from attempted parry practice. I expect more by the time I figure timing out.

And that's before I start toying with buckler/target shields and katana weapon art parries.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-04-12 06:40:28
Link | Citer | R

I have to finish DS2 before I will let myself get DS3.

I saw the name of the place I just got to last night and thought it would be a happy place Harvest Valley.... only thing getting harvested there was my ***.
[+]
By volkom 2016-04-12 12:22:33
Link | Citer | R

Found the fallen knight armor set and the pharris? Bow (it triple fires!) I feel like I'm a ranger or something doing these dive rolls and shooting monsters in the face point blank
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-04-12 13:30:05
Link | Citer | R

Played DS3 for a bit, killed the crystal lizard, killed the first boss and quit in the first area from Firelink Shrine.

Haven't died yet.
[+]
By volkom 2016-04-12 20:21:40
Link | Citer | R

dafuq skill =O

wolf knight's greatsword :O!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the forward flip

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Kollosis
Serveur: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2016-04-12 22:01:37
Link | Citer | R

Played up until the first actual boss (not the tutorial boss) and Im loving it. Definitely living up to the Souls Series expectations. I almost wince everytime I hear enemies doing that banshee scream thing haha
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-04-13 03:39:24
Link | Citer | R

For me, might makes right! Great Axing my way through like some sorta high quality lumberjack. I get naked to fight the toughest opponents!
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-04-13 04:22:46
Link | Citer | R

I did die a few times in the end, this first proper area just has a tendency to get me crowded by a few enemies! I have been brought back to Earth on parrying again.

DS1+2 sucked at parrying
Bloodborne amazing at visceral attacks
DS3 suck at parrying
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-04-13 06:19:38
Link | Citer | R

The snow area in this one is beautiful
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-04-13 08:06:47
Link | Citer | R

Kali's deaths to "Gravity" where funny ;3
[+]
By Ackeron 2016-04-13 12:05:36
Link | Citer | R

I'm getting my *** kicked by the abyssal watchers >_>
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-04-13 13:16:13
Link | Citer | R

I had 28 deaths on them last night, that fight was rough.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-04-13 13:26:45
Link | Citer | R

I killed them in two goes. Every even add helps you!
By Grumpy Cat 2016-04-13 14:48:41
Link | Citer | R

Is there a way to play DS2 as an Archer build? I noticed it seems the people who sell arrows have a limited amount. Unless there is some kind of trick to get more that I haven't stumbled across.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-04-13 15:55:29
Link | Citer | R

So, I've been doing a lot of experimenting with mechanics and farming enemies holding interesting looking weapons.

Another mechanic I've noticed, that after a jumping attack, an immediate light attack performs your weapon rolling attack.

Also, if you're someone who likes carrying 4270972 items on your utility belt, holding the down button on your d-pad will automatically select the very first item on your belt.
By Ackeron 2016-04-13 16:12:22
Link | Citer | R

Kalila said: »
I had 28 deaths on them last night, that fight was rough.
Asura.Vyre said: »
I killed them in two goes. Every even add helps you!
Yeah once I figured out the first phase only took me 3 more tries to get it down. My Pyro is starting to get decent, I think I rolled stats wrong though. Everyone I see playing or with a screenshot has like 2x my HP even when they aren't embered. Maybe 16 vigor isn't enough >_>
First Page 2 3 ... 182 183 184 ... 224 225 226