Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 278 279 280 ... 446 447 448
By fillerbunny9 2016-04-16 23:13:47
Link | Citer | R

it hardly seems worth the cost (what, 3 million gil in Boulders to build and then augment alone?) when you can put a minimum of effort into getting Nibiru(s) which are going to be a better overall weapon.
 Asura.Isiolia
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-04-16 23:42:50
Link | Citer | R

The ACC augment doesn't prop it up that much. Most any situation where you don't need the extra ACC, you're still looking at a weapon that's a touch on the low side for base damage, with no extra perks (DA, STP, etc).

To a fair point though, the ease of obtaining a fully augmented Mimesis will vary. On the one hand, Ambuscade is now an option for Oboro access, which is likely easier than before. You can buy the materials on the AH, sure.
However, that only builds you the base sword. The augmenting process requires having completed RoV. For someone starting from zero, that means doing a lot of missions, and still probably hitting Reisenjima and needing help or better gear.

Having that progression is likely the intent, but it does mean that most other options are easier to access. You don't need to do a good chunk of every mission series to get to Escha Zi'Tah or Alluvion Skirmish or Delve, etc.

I would look at it more like, if you really don't have any way to get help with something better, and elect to build a Mimesis (or get one from the Gobbie crate, NNI event like I did, etc)...you can upgrade it later into something that might have a use. Otherwise, you have cheaper, more readily accessed options.
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-04-16 23:50:23
Link | Citer | R

To build the weapon (excluding boulders etc), Mimesis costs about 2.5m on my server. Add on the boulders, and an unaugmented Mimesis comes out to approximately 4m. Add on augmenting, and you're looking at a minimum of 3m extra. That's a grand total of approximately 7 million gil for a weapon whose sole purpose is accuracy, and even then, barely surpasses other options. That's why I list it as passable. The item itself is honestly fine, but the amount of resources necessary for it to barely move ahead of the competition is what completely ruins it.

If you can't do Ironside for a Colada, I guarantee you that you could merc it for less than 7m. Nibiru is a very accessible option, as well, and with the current Unity campaign, attaining pops is easier than ever.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By oldman 2016-04-17 00:57:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
It is so easy that I simply look down on anyone who doesn't fight it themselves as lazy.

The fight is extremely easy, but farming the pops can take a long time. As can getting all your clears so you can pop it. If someone only has a couple hours a week to play then I don't think it's a bad thing to pay for it. I look at as them paying for the pops more than the fight itself.

Pay someone to pop it, kill it, augment it, then go spend limited playtime doing content you enjoy more than incursion and spamming Reisenjima T1s. It's not that different than someone paying for a Glavoid pop.
[+]
By Avechu 2016-04-17 03:55:57
Link | Citer | R

I am a jerk. So I will say it.

Anyone paying for Colada and not just getting it hasn't earned that weapon. Just how I look at it.

Why?
It is so easy that I simply look down on anyone who doesn't fight it themselves as lazy. There is no excuse to not be able to find people to go unless your server is empty.

Looking down on anyone cause they want to improve their gear is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Why do you even care? It doesn't effect you at all, and it doesn't make them any less of a player, if anything it makes them better.

It's no different then purchasing something from the AH, either way you're still paying for an item that someone else earned. You wouldn't call someone lazy for buying food from AH and then proclaim that they haven't leveled up cooking so they have no right to use it.

People in general are so damn self righteous these days. The game will never be what it was, and you're not any better then anyone else cause you played back when you had to walk up hill, both ways, and through the snow to get to level 75.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-17 04:03:05
Link | Citer | R

Wasn't until I already made 28100 hallmarks when this finally came to mind.

Such a bad BLU forgetting about the old spells.

On a side note, Escha Seiryu is a dozen times more fun and, in my opinion, easier with BLUs over BLMs. Maybe I'm late to that party, though.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-17 04:20:11
Link | Citer | R

Avechu said: »

Anyone paying for Colada and not just getting it hasn't earned that weapon. Just how I look at it.

Why?
It is so easy that I simply look down on anyone who doesn't fight it themselves as lazy. There is no excuse to not be able to find people to go unless your server is empty.

Looking down on anyone cause they want to improve their gear is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Why do you even care? It doesn't effect you at all, and it doesn't make them any less of a player, if anything it makes them better.

It's about efficiency tbh. If you're new or a returning player, it probably takes longer to climb the gear ladder to have a job that's suitable for reisen T2, when you can pay for a few million gils and done.

That's just how I look at it though. I'm kind of player that'd find the easiest and the quickest way to get gears(without taking advantage of others of course), and I don't give a damn if ppl want to "look down" on buying gears. What'd I get by killing the NM and getting gears slow way? The hour that I've saved from shouting and looking for ppl to kill it, I could farm more gears to create better sets or play with spread sheets for a bit longer to improve sets. For a returning player, his/her character may have better performance by searching for the most efficient way to make progress, instead of getting stuck with certain gears for weeks or even months, resulting poor performance in party.

IMO, "you suck if you buy gears" is just ppl with a ls/friend try to find an excuse to look down on others. But in reality, only performance matters. Buy gears, get it with friends or ls, ultimately it's all for same purpose: Create better gear sets for better performance. A BLU who got free colada with friend/ls but parse low is not necessary better or less lazy than a BLU who paid for colada and won every single parse.

I know many ppl probably won't agree with my more pov toward playing the game and everything must be "earned" without paying, but that's just my opinion.

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2016-04-17 04:39:08
Link | Citer | R

Only so much content to do. Where is the rush?

The amount of things you can grind today is a lot more than, let's say, 2014 when you only had delve gears, high tier BC and 119 I REM. Nowadays it's actually quite time consuming to "finish" a job. I don't see how an avg player playing 4hr a week could finish his blu unless he play until 2018.

You may feel you can slow down a bit because your blu is mostly done. But if you're a returning player, that's a lot of work.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-17 04:46:26
Link | Citer | R

I mean it is different to grind out like Draylo did for AG Tizona back in the day or buy boulders, currency, etc. That is still a bunch of work. I could have never done what Draylo did and keep my sanity. But to take the basic items from ***and ask people to do it for you for some gil while you stand in the corner? From all the new players now on a regular basis? Why bother logging on if you don't wanna play?

It's exactly the opposite. It's actually "get colada first so you get invite on blu"

Reisenjima weapons and gears(plus 1200 jp)are pretty much entry tickets to content for today's DD jobs, it's like the baseline of requirements to do content most players do, such as vd bcs.

If you don't have reisenjima gears and weapons, and fail to parse high in PUG, other people in the party will start drama......fact.
By Avechu 2016-04-17 04:51:35
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

Why?

It's about efficiency tbh. If you're new or a returning player, it probably takes longer to climb the gear ladder to have a job that's suitable for reisen T2, when you can pay for a few million gils and done.

That's just how I look at it though. I'm kind of player that'd find the easiest and the quickest way to get gears(without taking advantage of others of course), and I don't give a damn if ppl want to "look down" on buying gears. What'd I get by killing the NM and getting gears slow way? The hour that I've saved from shouting and looking for ppl to kill it, I could farm more gears to create better sets or play with spread sheets for a bit longer to improve sets. For a returning player, his/her character may have better performance by searching for the most efficient way to make progress, instead of getting stuck with certain gears for weeks or even months, resulting poor performance in party.

IMO, "you suck if you buy gears" is just ppl with a ls/friend try to find an excuse to look down on others. But in reality, only performance matters. Buy gears, get it with friends or ls, ultimately it's all for same purpose: Create better gear sets for better performance. A BLU who got free colada with friend/ls but parse low is not necessary better or less lazy than a BLU who paid for colada and won every single parse.

I know many ppl probably won't agree with my more pov toward playing the game and everything must be "earned" without paying, but that's just my opinion.

First timers with no gear get stuck in the never ending loop of needing better gear to get said gear. Unless you have a LS that is doing stuff for you you're likely not going to be geared well enough to do anything.

I can't see any reason to waste millions of gil on progression gear like skirmish stuff when you can cut out the middle man for the same price and get a nice herc/amalric set. Its worth the investment and the game doesn't end once you get good gear. You then have better options for grinding out job points, gearing other jobs, helping friends...the list goes on.

For a new player even at a rushed pace it's not likely they will run out of content anytime soon, the game is massive with so many time sinks, maybe they want to tackle a mythic, grind out all the missions, level a crafting job, fishing alone takes months and months, again the list goes on and on.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Avechu 2016-04-17 05:07:45
Link | Citer | R

For a new player even at a rushed pace it's not likely they will run out of content anytime soon, the game is massive with so many time sinks, maybe they want to tackle a mythic, grind out all the missions, level a crafting job, fishing alone takes months and months, again the list goes on and on.

So we have to rush so we can get to the real stuff? Like crafting, and-

Fishing..??[/quote]

I'm done, we've come full circle back to you telling everyone else how they should play, in all fairness you did warn us, you are indeed a jerk.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-17 05:26:44
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »

The amount of things you can grind today is a lot more than, let's say, 2014 when you only had delve gears, high tier BC and 119 I REM. Nowadays it's actually quite time consuming to "finish" a job. I don't see how an avg player playing 4hr a week could finish his blu unless he play until 2018.

You may feel you can slow down a bit because your blu is mostly done. But if you're a returning player, that's a lot of work.

How hard is it to grind T1-T3 in Escha? That ***wasn't hard when I first got there with Thauams, Burahmenkah, and an Usonmonku and some food. In a weekend you can pick up most gear from Zitah and RuAun you need. I just found strangers considering I had no LS and literally 0 friends at the time.

In the case of mercing you can pay some guy 500k or even a mil for an hour who has a decent leveled KI. Enter with people who want Colada, warp to Durs, and leave.

I still rely on strangers regularly. Most of everything I have is from duoing with trusts or just PUGs.

Does anyone here actually play 45 minutes a day? Unless they are just playing two hours in two days and not playing the other 5 of the week. No one is going to get much done if they only play four whole hours a week. I mean 10%+ of that would be walking.

I have seen people in my own shell shouting to buy gear. They literally rather pay people than ask. Much like people rather use the online chat for help than call a 1-800 number because apparently talking is becoming hard.

Anyway, these same people turn around and complain the game is boring or something regularly too after they buy their stuff.

Right, you made through all the content by making PUG, and I'm sure ppl can do it faster if they pay. The point isn't about whether you can do it or not, but about efficiency.

"Fun" is subjective. Some people have fun climbing the ladder with PUG, some people don't.

If this is FFXI 2014 then I'd agree with you, it was *** easy to finish a job back then, and very easy to just finish with gears and sit in town complaining about nothing to do. This really isn't the case in 2016 anymore.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-17 05:30:33
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

So we have to rush so we can get to the real stuff? Like crafting, and-

Fishing..??

I'm done, we've come full circle back to you telling everyone else how they should play, in all fairness you did warn us, you are indeed a jerk.

Yes, but all I take issue with is the instant gratification. That's what it is about. Not efficiency or "people with friends making an excuse to look down" etc.

This ***was never so common as it was today for BLUs and players in game.

It's common nowadays because it's 10x easier to make gil these days. People will choose the easiest way to get stuff done.
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-04-17 05:30:49
Link | Citer | R

Ive just recently come back i do have the advantage of having Zi'tah and Ru'aun gear already. When I was shouting for Reisenjima t1's I got 1 person... luckily enough it was a geo and we already had 2 blu's so just used Apururu and August. It really isn't that easy these days finding... anyone for Escha stuff especially as a pug. Though it is odin so it's either JP onry during the day and NA late night UK time and nothing in between.

Though thanks to some random VW groups I've made a ***ton of gil from HMPS and Bismarcks foreskin.
 Asura.Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-04-17 09:40:00
Link | Citer | R

Yes, but all I take issue with is the instant gratification. That's what it is about. Not efficiency or "people with friends making an excuse to look down" etc.

It's extremely common today whether or not gil is involved. There's technically a gear progression in place that any fresh 99 could pursue. Get their Sparks gear, start reforging AF, doing Skirmish, working up to Delve, and so on.

When you have folks that'll help though, how often will they just take someone straight to Escha/Reisen to get geared up? I know that's what I've done for people. We may not be charging, but the end result is similar.

That said, I don't really disagree with you. There's only so much to do in the game, and not much being added. It's one thing to "efficiently" get some baseline gear to be able to go participate/solo. It's another to just pay for the end goals.
By oldman 2016-04-17 09:56:16
Link | Citer | R

Or people just have lives outside the game. Anyone arguing that 300+ hours for a single item in a game (looking at you RMEs) is a good use of one's time comes across as a moron with no life that feels the need to persuade others so that they can justify their own poor life choices.

That's enough time to develop a good understanding of the basics of programming, a foreign language, or learn calculus (and probably linear algebra as well).

You can argue all you want, but there is no way you can convince me that spamming dynamis, HTBs, or Kaggen mindlessly for hours on end is fun or challenging. It's just tedious.
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2016-04-17 10:08:47
Link | Citer | R

oldman said: »

Or people just have lives outside the game. Anyone arguing that 300+ hours for a single item in a game (looking at you RMEs) is a good use of one's time comes across as a moron with no life that feels the need to persuade others so that they can justify their own poor life choices.

That's enough time to develop a good understanding of the basics of programming, a foreign language, or learn calculus (and probably linear algebra as well).

You can argue all you want, but there is no way you can convince me that spamming dynamis, HTBs, or Kaggen mindlessly for hours on end is fun or challenging. It's just tedious.

I mean its all about balancing your time. Making a mythic or any RME within a week or a couple weeks, yes, you would have to tediously play ffxi nonstop. Which would be concerning, at least to me. But making any RME over the span of half a year - two years is very reasonable, and allows you to have a life outside of ffxi.
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-17 10:47:27
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »
oldman said: »

I mean its all about balancing your time. Making a mythic or any RME within a week or a couple weeks, yes, you would have to tediously play ffxi nonstop. Which would be concerning, at least to me. But making any RME over the span of half a year - two years is very reasonable, and allows you to have a life outside of ffxi.

Thought it was a blue Mage thread. Anyway this game has diminishing return. The more u play the less fun it becomes. 2 hours a night spamming something for your rmeea is tolerable. The thing is to make the most efficient out of your time. Sometimes it has nothing to do with no lifer. Smart and efficient and u can accomplish your goal faster. I got 3 kids and I'm closing in on my goal in a short amount of time playing 2-3 hours a night 5-6 times a week.

Btw u don't spam kaggen u spam pouches. In a 2-4 hours time
U will gain more metals.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-17 12:18:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Isiolia said: »

It's extremely common today whether or not gil is involved. There's technically a gear progression in place that any fresh 99 could pursue. Get their Sparks gear, start reforging AF, doing Skirmish, working up to Delve, and so on.

When you have folks that'll help though, how often will they just take someone straight to Escha/Reisen to get geared up? I know that's what I've done for people. We may not be charging, but the end result is similar.

That said, I don't really disagree with you. There's only so much to do in the game, and not much being added. It's one thing to "efficiently" get some baseline gear to be able to go participate/solo. It's another to just pay for the end goals.

As stated before, everyone has different opinion about what's fun and what's not. Fun is subjective. Some people have fun killing the NM, some people have fun pushing the performance of a job higher. If you have fun killing the NM with friend, LS and strangers, then you probably won't be paying for gears.

I'm kind of the player that enjoys exploring the potential of a job in this game by experimenting different builds. Killing NM(or paying for gears) is just a way to get there. Also there are multiple ways to make gil in this game, you don't necessary have to spam 3 things over and over.
 Asura.Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-04-17 13:11:29
Link | Citer | R

As stated before, everyone has different opinion about what's fun and what's not. Fun is subjective. Some people have fun killing the NM, some people have fun pushing the performance of a job higher. If you have fun killing the NM with friend, LS and strangers, then you probably won't be paying for gears.

I don't disagree with subjectivity. However, the game is basically progressing your character. A lot of the point in building things up better and better is to be able to turn around and pursue the next thing. Few really love farming the same NM over and or something. However, actually engaging in content is what gives gearing up a purpose. If you're not, then why do you actually need the gear (or even be subscribed)? Just get a list of gear, a DPS spreadsheet, and theorycraft. (not saying you per se, just a hypothetical)
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-04-17 13:35:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Isiolia said: »

I don't disagree with subjectivity. However, the game is basically progressing your character. A lot of the point in building things up better and better is to be able to turn around and pursue the next thing. Few really love farming the same NM over and or something. However, actually engaging in content is what gives gearing up a purpose. If you're not, then why do you actually need the gear (or even be subscribed)? Just get a list of gear, a DPS spreadsheet, and theorycraft. (not saying you per se, just a hypothetical)

Well gearing up is the only thing left now for most players which is a shame as FFXI has probably the best and most expansive storylines out of any FF game. RoV really was the icing on the sweet sweet cake that is FFXI.

Anyway to keep it on track how far ahead is an augmented colada to a dmg+18 acc/att+9 DA+2 skirmish sword that one from alluvion I forget the name.
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2016-04-17 14:23:55
Link | Citer | R

Why?

I kinda agree the sentiment of floppy/spicy over here. It's not an elitist sentiment, it's that, I shouldn't have to pay someone else to clear content to get gear to do content. I haven't paid anyone for wins such as delve, skirmish, escha drops, whatever. I worked my *** off and got the drops myself instead of paying people millions of gil to obtain a piece of armor or a weapon.

On the other hand, I know someone who had 119 relic gear, and 117 weapons, no one would help her get better equipment, not even the damn linkshell they were in, because the leader of said shell had a thing for her and she turned him down =/

So I helped her for free. She bought pops, and I killed them. Noisoi wouldn't drop nibiru blades until like the 4th or so kill, when he dropped 2 blades at once lol

The struggle for some people is real, but I don't know if it's because they don't know what to do to get better gear, or are too afraid to shout for say Alluvion Skirmish ***or what. *Shrug*

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-04-17 16:13:29
Link | Citer | R

Good afternoon.

Let's get back to BLU :|

Only if you promise you will go on a crusade to help every single person without a LS or friends and get them escha gear.
First Page 2 3 ... 278 279 280 ... 446 447 448