[Suggestion] A Few Ideas To Enhance This Site

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » [Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
[Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 26 27 28
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-02 17:04:23
Link | Citer | R

Adoulin missions into profiles too.
Also I'd say jp should count towards points, not just be displayed, if it's possible.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-02 17:15:53
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Adoulin missions into profiles too.
Also I'd say jp should count towards points, not just be displayed, if it's possible.

I'm not sure he can get mission information; it's not displayed by Guildwork or the LS Community (I had the same thought, then realized there wasn't anywhere for him to get it from).

I actually thought JP already counted; amending the ticket now.

[Edit: It occurs to me you could always get mission progress from titles, like how the Captain workaround always worked. I'll look up the titles and see what the options are.]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-02 17:17:25
Link | Citer | R

Oh, and the Adoulin forum section. It's either that, or I hijack the Limbus section.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-02 17:18:59
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Oh, and the Adoulin forum section. It's either that, or I hijack the Limbus section.

Temenos Basalt Fields, GO.

Can you give me a suggested structure for that section?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-02 18:07:31
Link | Citer | R

Well, let's see, there's Skirmish, Delve, Incursion, Vagary, Reives, Coalition stuff, Quests, Missions... I think just a general Adoulin section is probably ok. Unless significant threads are being lost to the further pages due to heavy traffic, I don't think they'd need breaking up (can just sticky said threads anyway). The important thing is that it becomes easier to search for Adoulin info and discussions without having to dig through a variety of other sections (Endgame, NMs, General FFXI, etc).

Kinda funny to see a Legion section that has a whopping 6 threads in it.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-02 18:12:27
Link | Citer | R

Filed.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-02 18:46:56
Link | Citer | R

I disagree with adding a bunch of sections. Just clutters the forum for no real reason..
Stuff can be contained without splitting it in a myriad of things. Adoulin endgame doesn't require 200 sections, just one. And we surely don't need a dedicated trusts section since one thread alone is enough already.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-02 18:54:41
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I only suggested the one.

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-06-04 14:45:54
Link | Citer | R

I had another idea :O!~

My idea was, we already have a report button, but what if a user wants to quickly notify moderators to look at their post? So the report link turns into a "Notify" link, with an overlay window with a text input field letting the user write a short summary of what they want a moderator to look at their post for.

You may say, well users should PM us if they want us to look at something that isn't Report worthy, and you would be correct!

HOWEVER, do you know how many times I've been asked to help? :) Not complaining, I do try to do my best in helping users asking for help, also, this write up isn't in response to a user asking me for help either. The fact is some of our users simply just don't understand how things work around here, you can't blame them either. When you're a new user unfamiliar with how forums work, when you see users with colored bars you think they are important, but you don't know for what reason. Yes, our forums recently added a title under important users, but still, some users don't know that Green are moderators, Purple are VIPs, Red are Admins, Orange are Guildwork users, and Pink are special limited time gifts.

To a new user these colors can be very confusing, so having the "Report" link change to "Notify" on our own posts would help a lot I think, though it still might go unnoticed to new users but at least with current users they'd have that quick access to asking the moderator team something.

I think it would really help. Also, maybe you could add the entry under the Report menu as well for other users to notify moderators to look at a post that isn't breaking rules.

I also think that having users use the Notify feature to bring attention to a post, they would be more willing to report rule breaking posts as well.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-09 11:26:42
Link | Citer | R

Remove rate downs for profile comments and pictures.

I mean if they were removed from forum there's no reason they should stay there imo...unless you wanna readd the - button to forums too <.<''

the only place where they're actually useful are the item pages in my opinion.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-09 11:52:34
Link | Citer | R

That's reasonable.

*shelves plans to remove the [+] and put back the [-]*
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-09 11:55:08
Link | Citer | R

Kalila said: »

There's actually some ongoing discussion about changing the way things like VIP work; changing the reporting structure probably falls under that. Filed away for consideration for the time being, sorry I don't have anything more concrete at the moment.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-14 11:32:47
Link | Citer | R

I just noticed the power search does not have a function for items. I dunno if it's possible to perform but it would be nice to filter craft items by category, potions, food, scrolls and auto attachments.

Just throwing it out there.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-06-14 11:36:30
Link | Citer | R

Why was -1 even removed from forum comments? My guess would be idiots complained, but they deserved to be made a fool of.
By Armyguy 2015-06-14 12:41:15
Link | Citer | R

give more points for relic/empy/mythic that are higher then 75.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-14 13:26:33
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Why was -1 even removed from forum comments? My guess would be idiots complained, but they deserved to be made a fool of.

[-] got removed was because it was nothing but a generator for drama, as people focused on ratings as much as post content, groups would gang up on people, etc.

I know there's a not-insignificant part of the populace that totally loves random *** drama, but the [-] is never coming back.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-14 13:32:11
Link | Citer | R

How about instead of a total sum of [+]'s and [-]'s try out the system where it shows both. Kinda like on Yahoo, for example, where it shows how many people give your post a thumbs up and how many people give it a thumbs down.
By Draylo 2015-06-14 13:33:19
Link | Citer | R

lol I remember those days well, people would - anyone they didn't like even if their post was good.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-14 13:39:20
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
How about instead of a total sum of [+]'s and [-]'s try out the system where it shows both. Kinda like on Yahoo, for example, where it shows how many people give your post a thumbs up and how many people give it a thumbs down.

I'm really reluctant to make almost any changes to the core post logic, at least right now. The big reason is that right now, I can't actually test anything I write; all of my fixes have been the result of code inspection and crossed fingers (I'm batting about .500 so far).

Also, anything that changes the structure of posts is going to be looked at VERY carefully, as it's far and away the biggest and most important table. Not a concern in this case, since the support's already there, but just something to keep in mind for future suggestions. It's not a no, it just means anything that's going to change the structure needs to have some large, tangible benefit (or fix an equally large bug).
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-14 13:42:40
Link | Citer | R

Gotcha chief.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-14 14:01:39
Link | Citer | R

Armyguy said: »
give more points for relic/empy/mythic that are higher then 75.

This is actually a shockingly large change, and is unlikely to be implemented*. I need to add Ergons, though. The easiest way is to classify them as mythics, even though that's inaccurate and makes me itch to think about it.

* = The reason for that, besides it being a mountain of work for little benefit (AH points, wooooo) is that my priorities are essentially, in order:

- Bug fixes on XIAH/XIVPro
- XIV Pro features (current project: figure out how to scan the MB)
- Any low-hanging fruit I can find

My personal inclination is to work on XI-focused features, since that's the game I play, but let's be real honest here; there isn't a lot that I can add that's going to add a lot of value beyond what's already here, that isn't covered under "bug fixes".
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-14 14:54:05
Link | Citer | R

Scragg changed it so rme above 75 give more points long ago. It should still be that way.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-14 15:25:53
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Scragg changed it so rme above 75 give more points long ago. It should still be that way.

I stand corrected; there is actually code that does this. It's in the actual achievement calculator itself, which is in a completely separate section than where the base points are defined. I wouldn't have even gone looking there, except that I was pretty sure Seha wouldn't just make that up, so it had to be somewhere.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-06-14 18:13:19
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
The easiest way is to classify them as mythics, even though that's inaccurate and makes me itch to think about it.
From a certain point of view they are "mythics" for SoA jobs, I think it's more than fitting to have them in the Mythic category/line rather than in a new stand-alone line.

Maybe make them give a bit more points, but honestly I wouldn't worry *too much* about points.
The whole achievement system is not particularly balanced and hasn't been for years.

I think the main thing people are interested in is in seeing stuff there, regardless of how many points it gives.
Points are cool, but I see them as a secondary issue.

Quote:
there isn't a lot that I can add that's going to add a lot of value beyond what's already here, that isn't covered under "bug fixes".
It might not be a lot, but I'd add SoA missions, Job Points (they do not give achievement points and the tracking lacks a plethora of items for JPs anyway), the new merit caps/categories and stuff like that, people have been asking those for years.

Even if you think that's not a lot, I'm pretty confident a lot of people would welcome those additions with open arms.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-14 19:31:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
tracking lacks a plethora of items for JPs anyway

I fixed that! Really! Are they still broken for you?

SoA missions are tricky because they aren't tracked by the community site at all, which means doing the "check title" dance we did for Captain. I'm fine with that, I just need to write the code for it. If someone wanted to give me a list of titles with mappings to missions, that would probably kick my guilt into gear and I'd finish it.

Merits are entirely DB driven, so it involves submitting a patch to the DB and not just changing code. Needs done though, you're right :) That's generally what I mean by "bug fixes". Anything that doesn't reflect the current game is really a bug.
 Odin.Taberif
Serveur: Odin
user: Taberif
By Odin.Taberif 2015-06-14 19:35:58
Link | Citer | R

site needs more cowbell.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-14 22:36:23
Link | Citer | R

I hope they're feeding you, what with all the overtime you're putting in, Rooks.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 26 27 28