Paladin FAQ, Info, And Trade Studies.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 45 46 47
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-07-03 00:10:53
Link | Citer | R

Skjalf is only doing 1190 damage with Atonement currently. Since its breath-based (?) damage Saurian Helm, Ardor Pendant and Glassblower's Belt should be used, yes? That is what Skjalf is using.

meow :3
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-07-03 07:15:48
Link | Citer | R

Despite being breath dmg, breath dmg+ gear doesn't work on Atonement. Only WS dmg+ works. So phorcys korazin, ogier's breeches, and champion's galea would be the gear that can increase atonement dmg. Well, and Burtgang.
By Ophannus 2014-07-03 08:35:59
Link | Citer | R

Think my current max atonement is like 1309. Might have to get that +2% head piece from the mini expansion.
By Ophannus 2014-07-03 12:27:12
Link | Citer | R

Does rev leggings have any use? Not sure of theyre worth while for tanking or not. Have shield skill but ejekemal have more acc and can be augmented with 4% pdt 2% mdt.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-07-03 20:02:32
Link | Citer | R

Ophannus said: »
Does rev leggings have any use? Not sure of theyre worth while for tanking or not. Have shield skill but ejekemal have more acc and can be augmented with 4% pdt 2% mdt.
Ejekamal are PLD's only fast cast+ feet. There are various ACC/PDT options for feet. There's only one Fast cast feet.

As for Rev feet. PDT isn't too hard to cap without feet. Cap PDT, then add shield+. Considering block rates on 126 mobs, you'd likely even benefit from skill+ while wearing Ochain(when reprisal's down.) Or just use Rev feet when wearing Aegis.

But if the goal here is a hybird PDT/ACC set, I'd use something else. Acc aug'd Cizin+1 or R15 B xaddi perhaps.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-07-03 20:05:24
Link | Citer | R

Reposting from BG
Martel said:
So, when you have multiple en effects up, only one of them gets to proc. And Runes seem to have the highest priority. So when you have Enlight and Runes up, you get the Rune dmg.

The interesting part here, is that you still get enlight's acc bonus... even though Enlight isn't procing on hit.

The Accuracy bonus doesn't appear to degrade either, since enlight is never "hitting" and thus doesn't count down.

So with runes up, enlight provides(in my case) +70 non-degrading accuracy. That's rather nice. And so is only having to cast Enlight once every 3 mins.

So, I initially tested this with checkparam, but since I wanted to make sure the acc was actually applying, I did some brief parses.

126 serac rabbit
sole sushi(needed it to unfloor acc)
Code
Melee Damage
Player            Melee Dmg  Abs'd.Dmg   Net Dmg   Melee %   Hit/Miss    M.HR %   M.Acc %  M.Low/Hi  M+0.Avg  M-0.Avg
Martel                 9292          0      9292   70.76 %      65/85   43.33 %   43.33 %     0/155   120.22   120.22

Enlight+Ignis
Code
Melee Damage
Player            Melee Dmg  Abs'd.Dmg   Net Dmg   Melee %   Hit/Miss    M.HR %   M.Acc %  M.Low/Hi  M+0.Avg  M-0.Avg
Martel                17781          0     17781   67.73 %     126/27   82.35 %   82.35 %     0/158   123.11   123.11

So Runes preventing Enlight is actually beneficial, as long as you need acc. XD Between this and swordplay, /RUN is a very good sub for high acc.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
Serveur: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-03 20:28:16
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 325501

Any obvious upgrade I'm missing for a dt/accuracy set? I could prolly swap to Yao but couldn't think of anything else. And so far this is more than enough dt to survive anything.
By Ophannus 2014-07-03 21:15:17
Link | Citer | R

Wish we had more divine skill to get enlight up higher. I'm missing that +13 divine headpiece from the meebles book boss. I dont think we can even reach 500 divine anyway without swapping out weapons. :/
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-07-03 21:29:15
Link | Citer | R

70 relatively free accuracy is already *** superb
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-07-03 21:36:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ccl said: »
ItemSet 325501

Any obvious upgrade I'm missing for a dt/accuracy set? I could prolly swap to Yao but couldn't think of anything else. And so far this is more than enough dt to survive anything.
Well, that set looks to be right at 25% haste without the belt. I dunno that it's actually capped like that, but if it is, you could use Anguinus belt. +4 acc, 15 atk and 1% DA.

Ophannus said: »
Wish we had more divine skill to get enlight up higher. I'm missing that +13 divine headpiece from the meebles book boss. I dont think we can even reach 500 divine anyway without swapping out weapons. :/
It would take weapon, grip and either a lightsday latent on neck, or a knight's earring to hit 500 atm. And that's including every other piece of divine+ PLD can wear. Oh, and merits.

But, you can reach 480, which is the tier before 500 skill. But it does take an awful lot of gear to do.

ItemSet 317688

The issue I'm having is getting templar sabatons. The BC is simple enough, if an annoying 60 cap. But the damn things don't drop, and they NEVER go up on AH. Someone sell me these freaking things...

Alternatively, I could use a divine earring IF i can get a +5 augment on paragon mouffles and Kaiser legs. Which I'm not even certain is possible.
[+]
By Highwynd 2014-07-03 23:15:02
Link | Citer | R

I tried soloing Savha for the turban, the chainspell meteor/comet/ancient magic gets me every time, or the added death procs :(
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-07-04 00:46:10
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Alternatively, I could use a divine earring IF i can get a +5 augment on paragon mouffles and Kaiser legs. Which I'm not even certain is possible.
Just threw about 400 trophies at the hands and can confirm they can get +5 Divine Skill. Unfortunately, I only have the NQ legs so I can't throw dimes at people to try for +5 on those. :x

[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-07-04 02:40:45
Link | Citer | R

Highwynd said: »
I tried soloing Savha for the turban, the chainspell meteor/comet/ancient magic gets me every time, or the added death procs :(
I dualboxed it RUN+WHM with no issues. Went /nin with High magic evasion gear and Lux runes and death never proc'd.

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Just threw about 400 trophies at the hands and can confirm they can get +5 Divine Skill.

Good to have that confirmed. So if I can get +5 on kaiser, I can avoid templar satbatons for now.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-07-04 03:37:07
Link | Citer | R

Highwynd said: »
I dualboxed it RUN+WHM with no issues. Went /nin with High magic evasion gear and Lux runes and death never proc'd.
Whoa, that thing had endeath? We did 2 fights THF/WAR RDM/SCH and never saw it, lol. Would've been a nice surprise if it got us, though. :p Also never saw any Meteors or Comets. Lucky us.
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
Serveur: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2014-07-04 12:11:33
Link | Citer | R

Howdy strangers. How's the game going? Any fun changes/additions for Paladin?

Sorry for not keeping the OP updated. Life/law school finally fully caught up to me.

But I'm graduated from law school now, studying for the California bar, and enjoying life (well will be after the bar).

Hope you're all kicking ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-07-04 13:21:06
Link | Citer | R

There's a fair amount of upgrades to PLD in the way of Relic 119. Some appears to be a straight upgrade like body, but legs seems to be a good piece to keep in (better stats and good pdt on them, as opposed to AF which could now just be in for enhancing macro). Take a look yourself if you'd like. Also Atonement's damage cap has been raised and I'm finding I enjoy it more than previously on AAs and difficult SKC20s. When TP feed is high enough I don't feel gimp using it on Invincible mobs too. Of course even with its increase many other jobs got WS upgrades as well which doesn't make holding hate any easier. Doing a much-needed revision in sets currently but any advice you could give with your experience would be greatly appreciated.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-07-04 20:42:26
Link | Citer | R

214 trophies later, I have my +5 divine skill paragon moufles. Amazingly, It only took 2 more attempts to get +5 skill on my Kaiser legs.

So I'm at 480 skill and a 72 starting Enlight now.

Templar sabatons still elude me, But I won't need them until SE adds more divine skill+ in other slots.
[+]
 Sylph.Feary
Serveur: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-07-05 17:01:36
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Akivatoo said: »
i cap to 1731DMG with:
ItemSet 324990
any idea to boost damage ?

i assume head is not hero's galea but champion's galea.

ayways, my question is what do you put in the other slots, WS Acc, Acc, enmity?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-07-05 17:05:32
Link | Citer | R

Just enmity+. Atonement doesn't miss.

EDIT: Oh, and you can use TP bonus moonshade to increase the enmity modifier. Details about post update atonement mechanics here.

At 3000 TP, should use an enmity neck/waist, as the effects of ele gorget/belt on atonement functions like TP bonus, and doesn't extend past 3000 TP.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2014-07-05 18:08:01
Link | Citer | R

Any idea for casting Crusade ?

Enmity or Enhancing ?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-07-05 18:35:05
Link | Citer | R

Crusade's potency doesn't appear to be modified by enhancing, so no reason to use it. And the spell itself has a tiny piddly enmity value. 0 CE and an extremely small but untested VE value. Source

Pretty much the only gear that would have any point on crusade would be Shabti cuirass for the duration+.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2014-07-06 02:05:44
Link | Citer | R

ok thx for the quick reply
By Ophannus 2014-07-06 11:14:49
Link | Citer | R

Wish we had as much Divine Skill gear as DRK has Dark Skill gear. Also wish they did something to fix base damage of Holy spells. They do as much damage with Divine Emblem as regular nukes. A holy2 with Emblem does like 3800 with the piddy MAB and divine gear PLD gets but for 150MP it should do that much without the JA, its virtually worthless without the ja.
[+]
 Cerberus.Krispy
Serveur: Cerberus
user: daNpwr
By Cerberus.Krispy 2014-07-07 21:40:31
Link | Citer | R

Is it worth it to bring MAB/MD gear around when I'm subbed RUN for swipe/lunge? My inventory is getting horrid.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-07-07 23:41:52
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Krispy said: »
Is it worth it to bring MAB/MD gear around when I'm subbed RUN for swipe/lunge? My inventory is getting horrid.
Probably not. But I do anyway since most PLD wearable MAB is all jobs, and I keep all jobs stuff in my wardrobe.
[+]
 Cerberus.Krispy
user: daNpwr
By Cerberus.Krispy 2014-07-07 23:55:27
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Krispy said: »
Probably not. But I do anyway since most PLD wearable MAB is all jobs, and I keep all jobs stuff in my wardrobe.

Just my DRK and PLD is taking up so many slots it's aggravating lol. Thanks.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-07-08 03:56:12
Link | Citer | R

Starting pld from scratch; any resrouches? Not even sure where to start, what to aim for/prioritize, how to play effectively, etc.

Won't be playing the job until I have both ochain (90), and capped aegis; so I have a lot of time to pick up other goodies along the way.

Choices were between pld and rng; and since my rng is 11, couldn't take it to abyssea, so 43 pld it was!
 Cerberus.Verendus
user: Verendus
By Cerberus.Verendus 2014-07-10 08:31:07
Link | Citer | R

Made an observation while doing Burtgang trials, it appears atonement's damage cap is influenced by main hand ilvl.

burt75/xiut115:1128
xiut115/burt75:1311
bura119/burt75:1332
bura119/xiu115:1356

Xiutleato is augmented with oat/wsdmg+2%. All values are capped with
champion's galea, phorcys korzin, and ogier's breeches. Also killshots count with mythic offhanded =D

While I'm posting, what are some general opinions on armor with more unique stats like enemy crit rate-, shadow mantles nullify phys, creed collar enmity reduction, or any others i may not know of?
 Phoenix.Yocuz
user: Irwlz
By Phoenix.Yocuz 2014-07-12 22:30:17
Link | Citer | R

not to nitpick but Ker's gloves the offset of ares gloves are better for mab then toad mitts by a fair bit =]
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2014-07-13 06:59:42
Link | Citer | R

Just a quick observation, and maybe I'm wrong here, but for those of us with defending ring, capping pdt is pretty much a non-issue now. In this case wouldn't AF119 still trump relic in the body and legs slots? since the 2% would be superfluous,
I'd personally prefer the extra HP. This might be race dependent though, where a galka might desire more MP,but as a hume I would prefer more HP. Both sets being really nice in any case.
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 45 46 47