Paladin FAQ, Info, And Trade Studies.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 45 46 47
 Phoenix.Cliamain
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Mondoggie
By Phoenix.Cliamain 2014-05-17 04:02:59
Link | Citer | R

So i'm moving to gearswap now and i've encountered an problem. In bokura's PLD gs there is something going on with the shield array thingy at the top. There is an issue where I have to put a number for the shield I wan't to use, but doing that in the middle of tanking a mob or something could prove to be a very big problem.

Any help with this?
 Quetzalcoatl.Busta
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Busta
By Quetzalcoatl.Busta 2014-05-17 15:04:46
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if this helps (using Bokura's aswell), but i had an issue with shield swapping whenever i'd engage, i just comment out weapon/shield in sets then toggle b/t shield using macros
 Phoenix.Cliamain
By Phoenix.Cliamain 2014-05-19 19:36:08
Link | Citer | R

Shield toggle is /console c C2. Going to try and color code things like that the way the language looks is really bland.
 Quetzalcoatl.Busta
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Busta
By Quetzalcoatl.Busta 2014-05-19 20:24:37
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if I understood your OP, but can you clarify what issue your having?
I have different play style and modified as such, so if you can be more clear on what your trying to achieve in the GS
 Phoenix.Cliamain
By Phoenix.Cliamain 2014-05-20 01:59:01
Link | Citer | R

I've figured it out. Talked to the actual maker of the gear swap and he pointed out to me that the one i was using was flawed in a few ways. Sorry for the confusion.
By Airwave 2014-06-01 20:11:21
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone know any pieces of armor that have "Weaponskill DMG+ %" besides Champions Galea that PLD can wear?

Looking to stack them in my Atonement set

Thanks in advance
By Sieha1 2014-06-01 20:13:09
Link | Citer | R

Orger's legs or whatever they are called and phorcy's body. it doesnt show the % but it is there.
By Airwave 2014-06-01 21:35:40
Link | Citer | R

Hey thanks a lot!

Can anyone think of anymore or is that it?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-06-01 21:55:27
Link | Citer | R

That's it unless there's some obscure piece out there that can get augmented with WSD% like from Evolith or mini add-on BCs or something. Ogier's Breeches is what Sieha was thinking of, by the way.
 Cerberus.Krispy
Serveur: Cerberus
user: daNpwr
By Cerberus.Krispy 2014-06-10 00:21:57
Link | Citer | R

Thought I would post a few of my sets here since this thread doesn't get as much love as other threads! The TP & WS sets are for 119+ content since you really don't use Paladin in lower content. Some feedback would be cool!

PLD Basic TP
ItemSet 324708

BDT/DT Set (AAEV/Podarge)
ItemSet 324709

Requiescat
ItemSet 324713

Chant Du Cygne
ItemSet 324714

Enmity
ItemSet 324715

Fastcast
ItemSet 324716

MAB/Lunge/Swipe CURRENT
ItemSet 324717

Cure (precast)
ItemSet 324733

Cure (end cast)
ItemSet 324732

Chivalry
ItemSet 324734

Enhancing(Phalanx)
ItemSet 324735
[+]
By Creecreelo 2014-06-10 09:35:22
Link | Citer | R

Pld can use eddy necklace for MAB set.
 Cerberus.Krispy
By Cerberus.Krispy 2014-06-10 10:19:12
Link | Citer | R

Creecreelo said: »
Pld can use eddy necklace for MAB set.

Good call! That's a set that I threw together in a day. Apparently I can't add Ree's Headgear onto the item list but it's there. Working on getting myself a Corselet +1.
 Cerberus.Krispy
By Cerberus.Krispy 2014-06-10 11:43:06
Link | Citer | R

Threw up a few more sets for now. For all of you wondering do if I actually carry around a lot of these pieces gear.. I do.. Now with the Mog Wardrobe available it is now possible to carry a lot more situational gear that you were able to before! Anyways, please drop a comment or some feedback fellow Paladins!
 Cerberus.Keyoku
user: Keyoku
By Cerberus.Keyoku 2014-06-10 12:35:25
Link | Citer | R

Much appreciated sets there! Ever since GearSwap I've been giving Impatiens another shot. Can use that in Precast and Incantor Stone in Recast set. Matter of preference tho if you wanna give up 2% FC for a shot at 2% occ. quickens spellcasting.
 Cerberus.Krispy
By Cerberus.Krispy 2014-06-13 09:45:05
Link | Citer | R

Anyone else excited for this? "Paladin: Addition of a magic spell with an enmity gain-facilitating effect" I sure as hell am! Once the update comes I will do extensive research and testing on how enmity is generated with the new spell/s, and on the Atonement update! Can't wait!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Blazer
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: blazey
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2014-06-13 09:51:27
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Krispy said: »
Anyone else excited for this? "Paladin: Addition of a magic spell with an enmity gain-facilitating effect" I sure as hell am! Once the update comes I will do extensive research and testing on how enmity is generated with the new spell/s, and on the Atonement update! Can't wait!

One can only hope. But with the additional damage all dd's will be doing, I doubt it will make much of a difference. The Atonement update is pretty cool though. I wonder how (if it increases) much the cap damage will raise on that.
 Cerberus.Krispy
By Cerberus.Krispy 2014-06-13 10:29:16
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Blazer said: »

One can only hope. But with the additional damage all dd's will be doing, I doubt it will make much of a difference. The Atonement update is pretty cool though. I wonder how (if it increases) much the cap damage will raise on that.

Personally I don't have any trouble keeping hate against decked out Rangers going balls out with Last Stand / Jishnu's, but I'm hoping this would be something significant on maintaining hate. The rapid enmity decay at the moment is pretty horrible depending on the situation and only having Flash as a spell sucks. I'm hoping the new spell/s will bring it back to the days where it was hard to rip hate off of tanks. (the sub ninja/darkknight days)
By Ophannus 2014-06-16 21:17:37
Link | Citer | R

I know GS is better, but does anyone have a relatively up to date spellcast XML that I can use? And if so how does shield swapping work with it. Thanks!
By Ophannus 2014-06-16 23:50:36
Link | Citer | R

Also with Reprisal change, is it HP*2 at time of cast? Like can i midcast in +HP gear or does the bonus to reprisal auto-update with whatever your HP*2 value is. Wondering if its worth making a +HP set midcast set for Reprisal.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-16 23:53:15
Link | Citer | R

it's at cast
By Ophannus 2014-06-16 23:57:00
Link | Citer | R

So then HP set midcast for 6k reprisal go? That supertank dps!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-06-17 00:09:03
Link | Citer | R

Personally I don't have any trouble keeping hate against decked out Rangers going balls out with Last Stand / Jishnu's,
A decked out RNG going balls out with Last Stand / Jishnu's will cap enmity. You know, hit the maximum value, where it becomes impossible for you to maintain a lock on the mob no matter how 1337 you are.

Why even mention this? So insecure you gotta brag to feel comfortable comment on appreciating a hate boost?

Quote:
but I'm hoping this would be something significant on maintaining hate. The rapid enmity decay at the moment is pretty horrible depending on the situation and only having Flash as a spell sucks. I'm hoping the new spell/s will bring it back to the days where it was hard to rip hate off of tanks. (the sub ninja/darkknight days)
problem is still dd capping hate, not tank capping it.. you can stay at cap as is with /blu
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-17 00:18:57
Link | Citer | R

Meh. From the way the actual spell description is worded, it looks to be a new version of Animus Augeo. ._.
By aeronx 2014-06-17 00:24:00
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Meh. From the way the actual spell description is worded, it looks to be a new version of Animus Augeo. ._.

This is exactly what I was thinking, which if that's the case is pretty lame. We need a enmity tick spell that can keep constant hate when you're capped that you can fulltime with buffs and gear to good effect not +20 enmity for 3mins type spell.
By Ophannus 2014-06-17 00:33:27
Link | Citer | R

Well if PLD could increase their hate cap, they'd only need to reach that proprietary cap and sit at it lackadaisically with a few maintenance vokes/flashes here and there and no DD would ever pull hate off. It's probably an Enmity Boost+ Augeo-like spell , maybe decreases enmity decay too.

I wouldn't mind a 60-120 second recast spell that circumvents everyone's hate and FORCES/LOCKS the mob's attention on you for like 10 seconds. It would be a similar function as Provoke serves in Ballista except for PVE. An example would be after an AoE hate reset, PLD could cast it, mob ignores everyone else's hate including the WHM that just Benedictioned, and will only hit the PLD. After 10 sec are up, the mob returns to regular enmity rules/hatelist but hopefully by then party hate has stabilized.
By aeronx 2014-06-17 00:42:26
Link | Citer | R

Ophannus said: »
Well if PLD could increase their hate cap, they'd only need to reach that proprietary cap and sit at it lackadaisically with a few maintenance vokes/flashes here and there and no DD would ever pull hate off. It's probably an Enmity Boost+ Augeo-like spell , maybe decreases enmity decay too.

I wouldn't mind a 60-120 second recast spell that circumvents everyone's hate and FORCES/LOCKS the mob's attention on you for like 10 seconds. It would be a similar function as Provoke serves in Ballista except for PVE. An example would be after an AoE hate reset, PLD could cast it, mob ignores everyone else's hate including the WHM that just Benedictioned, and will only hit the PLD. After 10 sec are up, the mob returns to regular enmity rules/hatelist but hopefully by then party hate has stabilized.

A force/lock hate spell would be pretty cool. +Enmity already decrease enmity loss as it is. Now if the amount of +enmity was significant say +60enmity, then we'd be able to reach +100enmity through the use of the spell and gear. I think that +enmity should also effect VE value decrease so that we can get to situations where we can lock enmity for a certain period of time or if someone was eager enough to make a +100enmity set to be able to lock hate that way as well.
 Asura.Natenn
Serveur: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-06-17 00:56:29
Link | Citer | R

aeronx said: »

A force/lock hate spell would be pretty cool. +Enmity already decrease enmity loss as it is. Now if the amount of +enmity was significant say +60enmity, then we'd be able to reach +100enmity through the use of the spell and gear. I think that +enmity should also effect VE value decrease so that we can get to situations where we can lock enmity for a certain period of time or if someone was eager enough to make a +100enmity set to be able to lock hate that way as well.
ItemSet 324941 Enmity+75 best(probably a few enmity pieces here and there with a lil bit more but this is what i got) you can get w/o burtgang, +93 with so its not impossible to cap hate easily on pld, with sentinel up 1 voke caps hate, same with flash i think though you should focus more on gettin flash recast down to 15s before stacking enmity.
 Odin.Botosi
Serveur: Odin
user: Botosi
By Odin.Botosi 2014-06-17 01:09:42
Link | Citer | R

Just nitpicking but you can add 1 enmity from provocare ring over vexer +1.
By aeronx 2014-06-17 01:11:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Natenn said: »
aeronx said: »

ItemSet 324941

Nice. I have a very similar set, no pluto's pearl though qq. I feel like with the aforementioned hypothetical adjustment to +enmity its a worth while obtainable goal that any pld can achieve.

Quick note there are two aspects of the 100enmity set. First being the raise in enmity that you get from doing jas/mas. The other being the reduction in enmity lost.

If testing is ever done to find out if items that have the decreased enmity loss from dmg effect indeed stack with +enmity we can start making pdt sets that incorporate aspect two into the tanking paradigm and reach the 100% reduction in enmity loss pdt set.
By aeronx 2014-06-17 01:12:23
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Botosi said: »
Just nitpicking but you can add 1 enmity from provocare ring over vexer +1.

He could also use merits as well.
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 45 46 47