Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22592 22593 22594 ... 22606 22607 22608
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-05-16 14:40:07
Link | Citer | R

At least Konami here to save the day
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-05-16 15:03:10
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
It's a gamewide cultural problem. I'm not arguing that your personal actions now will fix anything. I'm stating that the actions of multiboxers have created this environment.
I believe that the environment has created the multiboxers AND trusts.

Of course I am not talking about today's environment, I haven't played XI in over a decade.

In the beginning there was Everquest (OK, not the very beginning) and XI was built on the Everquest model. Lots of forced in game time which led to social interactions in game.

But then came WoW with its streamlining of in game time which reduced social interactions. So XI adapted and streamlined. Fewer people wanted to spend time seeking parties leading to trusts and multiboxing.

Today's environment is merely the endgame of all the changes which accompanied the L 99 cap.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-05-16 15:38:05
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
But then came WoW with its streamlining of in game time which reduced social interactions. So XI adapted and streamlined. Fewer people wanted to spend time seeking parties leading to trusts and multiboxing.
Everybody wants to play an online game, but nobody wants to actually play with anybody else. Being social requires effort, and nobody wants to put that effort in.

The only point to most MMORPG's even being online is because getting your friends to play with you kinda helps sell itself. I still remember back in high school, WoW-thumpers would hold over my head the fact that you could effectively solo the entire game sans a couple of raids. As if that was supposed to make me feel bad for playing an online game that took advantage of the fact that it was an online game lol
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-16 16:00:53
Link | Citer | R

If there is something i felt awkward in SMT3 is the story time progression.

I know they made a narrative to be concise and straight to the point, but it felts like there is a time skip every relevant passage in game. The feeling that that story that could be a simply week in terms of action, could be aa long as a decade from start to finish. Maybe time is broken in the Vortex to begin with?

Like after the conception, you would normally expect an interval of surprise of the people with the new reality. But, instead, we see spirits and demons perfectly adapted to the vortex world. Did they get used to it during only the time the MC was trying to leave the hospital? At first, it felt like some decades if not hundreds of years have been passed from the conception to the DF awakening.

Then we see the Gods being awaken, and soon after, their worshipers already formed. Like, there wasnt even time to spread the news, let alone forming religions.

Despite all those implicit time skips, we see the humans never getting old. Makes me wonder if they are actually the same humans they were before conception. Hijiri wasnt. Maybe there was no human from the beginning
By Pantafernando 2024-05-16 16:18:18
Link | Citer | R

The multiverse stuff is also one theme that dont spark interest on me.

Multiverse is something I never felt satisfied how it was developed in most media.

Generally is just a lame excuse to make everything non-canon, and never have to care with consistency.

Multiverse is exactly that: if everything is disposable, whats the point? I would prefer a single universe content, with carefully crafted links so everything is a coherent and understandable whole, instead of a mess of multiverse, which fundaments are already way more complex than mankind can understand, let alone explain
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-16 16:19:33
Link | Citer | R

I much prefer the multiverse concept over time travel.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-16 16:21:21
Link | Citer | R

Time travel became old when they started to resort to multiverse to bypass casuality.

When there is cause-consequence in the story, it makes for really interesting stories like my all time favorite Back to the Future 1,2,3
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-16 16:28:02
Link | Citer | R

Time travel gets all convoluted because once you open pandoras box of "go to the past to change X", theres the whole butterfly effect of other changes that are ignored to push a story.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-05-16 16:44:56
Link | Citer | R

Time travel stories inevitably end with "thing at the start that caused time travel only happened because time travel" which is a paradox and cannot logically happen.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-05-16 19:23:49
Link | Citer | R

All You Zombies— by Robert A. Heinlein
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-16 20:14:55
Link | Citer | R

Smart people, how you make excel automatically fill the rows with formula.

cell 1 = 2
cell 2 = cell 1 +2
cell 3 = cell 2 +2

ad infinitum
By Pantafernando 2024-05-17 01:51:30
Link | Citer | R

Good morning multiboxers, singleboxers and antiboboxers.

And also you who uses a holey boxers.
By Pantafernando 2024-05-17 01:53:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Smart people, how you make excel automatically fill the rows with formula.

cell 1 = 2
cell 2 = cell 1 +2
cell 3 = cell 2 +2

ad infinitum

I would create a first column with random data just to tell excel the size of it using the Fill > Series > Limit 15000

Then I would write the formula in the second column, and double click the autofill option
 Bahamut.Jhesi
By Bahamut.Jhesi 2024-05-17 14:11:38
Link | Citer | R

New name, who dis? :3
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-17 14:14:31
Link | Citer | R

Atleast its not the stink of Asura
[+]
 Bahamut.Jhesi
By Bahamut.Jhesi 2024-05-17 14:24:37
Link | Citer | R

I've been on Bahamut for a while. I just took advantage of the Discount Campaign to swap back and forth to change my name.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-05-17 15:59:57
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jhesi said: »
I've been on Bahamut for a while. I just took advantage of the Discount Campaign to swap back and forth to change my name.
Well, I will now say your name like Stewie!
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Jhesi
By Bahamut.Jhesi 2024-05-17 16:06:07
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Well, I will now say your name like Stewie!
"Say it with a flourish."

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-17 16:18:44
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jhesi said: »
New name, who dis? :3

Sock account.

Please ban
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-05-17 16:56:27
Link | Citer | R

Game design was the first reason I started multi-boxing. It drove me nuts that I had to ask some nerd to come stand here in endieme necropolis just so I could open the AF chest for my gear after soloing the monsters on whm to get the key.

I refuse! and then I started 6 boxing to make money the next day later lol
 Bahamut.Jhesi
By Bahamut.Jhesi 2024-05-17 18:03:31
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Sock account.

Please ban
A sock account would be me pretending to be someone else. I'd be impersonating Jessikah in this case :P
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-05-17 18:03:41
Link | Citer | R

Hey what the heck is going on?
[+]
By Josiahafk 2024-05-17 18:14:31
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
oh lordy : P

I'm bembarrassed for you!

By Pantafernando 2024-05-17 18:42:31
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »

Someone with bad breath and smelling bad is trying to impersonate you.

Be careful
[+]
By Dodik 2024-05-17 19:25:56
Link | Citer | R

Why are there two Jessi, I am so confused.
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-05-17 19:30:29
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »
Why are there two Jessi, I am so confused.
There is one Jessi, and one J-Hessi
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-17 20:49:10
Link | Citer | R

Negan was on Bahamut last night. He even hit me up in tells...

I found an LS in the Concierge called LifeSupport that's like my favorite shade of green or close to it. Seems pretty lively so far, compared to others I've looked in on.

I got to be the big bro and help a baby bard grind some JP. Grinded up about 155 JP with him. Three songs feels so nice after grinding with just Ulmia for so long. Took him to Ghost Locus Crabs and had a ball.

Hit Master Level 30. I wonder if Bahamut will let me shout for Peach Power now without telling me it's impossible to group for it/be useful in it on WAR.

Put down the security deposit and first month's rent on the place me and my soon to be wife are moving into on June 1st. Life about to get hectic for a bit.

2800 more JP to go for Oboro and Relic augmenting (295 more JP can be used this week). Now that my gil has piled up to about 47mil, and about to be 50 mil after I do DI when I get home, I'm trying to resist the urge to dump it all on WAR Neck +2. God those necklaces are so expensive.

I should really dump it in Alexandrite and man up and do my Nyzul Tokens and finish my Kogarasumaru... but I'm kind of irritated by my NQ necklace.

Gonna be doing an hour or so commute soon, too. Gonna hafta to look for a new job closer to new home after a bit here when we get moved in and stabilized.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-17 20:52:27
Link | Citer | R

BYEBYEBOSTON
By Pantafernando 2024-05-18 01:42:55
Link | Citer | R

Good morning you main accounts and sock accounts.

And also you fake accounts
First Page 2 3 ... 22592 22593 22594 ... 22606 22607 22608