Alternative 6hit. Is It Feasible?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Alternative 6hit. Is it feasible?
Alternative 6hit. Is it feasible?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-16 17:05:28
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Linear said:
Question, what's your definition of Optimal Build? The build I use has generally higher stats, because you can forgo quite a few haste bits for other stats such as acc str and att.
Note where I said, where acc is capped at the beginning of this little debate, so that being said, it wouldn't be always to go /war over /drg, but the build in question would look a little like

Weapon/Pole/Empty/Blk tathlum
Turban/Acc/Bushi/Brutal
Usu/Dusk+1/Rajas/Acc
Cuch(or forager if rly rly over cap)/Vbelt/Byakko/Fuma.

Since my portion of the debate is for situations where acc is capped, that portion isn't relevant. Attack, any amount you can get on gear is going to pale in comparison to what you get from zerk, str, yea you could maybe raise ur fstr slightly, if you want to argue that.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-16 17:06:29
Link | Citer | R

Also to answer your question, on definition of optimal build, my answer is, I don't think there is one. I think there is going to be a variation of builds and sub choice based on situation. I don't think there's a one fits all build.
 Caitsith.Linear
Serveur: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-04-16 17:25:42
Link | Citer | R

Turban/Acc Ring/Cuch/Fuma -> Ace's/Flame/Forager/Usu is a guaranteed 3 fSTR and 31 ATT alone. 4-5 fSTR and 41 ATT if that's a PCC being swapped to a Justice Torque.
 Remora.Laphine
Serveur: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-04-16 17:29:22
Link | Citer | R

Here is what i think on the sword strap subject with a bit more detail.

Sword strap is great, but only if you dont make trade offs. One job that i can think of that can do easily is drk, specially with a 528 delay scythe.

Some numbers:
Sword strap damage increase= 3.1% (rounding to make it easier)
Pole grip damage increase= 1.7 (with /war and brutal)

So if you wanna make sword strap better, you cant loose 1.4% in damage due equip change. If we take capped acc, we are basically loosing 1% haste by swapping fumas to usukane. Thing is 1% haste is easilly better than 1.4% increase in damage. Following the formula of damage increase with haste:
1/1-x=1.4, x= 28.5% haste, or 29% haste.

If we were in a zerg with around 78% haste (sv march, haste magic and hasso and 25% at equip) that 1% extra haste at fumas alone would increase damage by ~4.5% (so by itself that 1% haste is better than swordstrap). If you could use fumas and sword strap, that would be the real win win scenario.

In a usual merit situation (65% haste), 1% haste increases damage by 2.85%, almost as good as sword strap.

This is all considering sam can keep capped acc, which i'm not sure it can occur with ease (for merit level stuff at least). And also not taking into consideration harder to get stuff like vbelt and dusk+1, they certainly can change things.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-16 17:32:36
Link | Citer | R

5 fstr comes up to less than 2% of an increase on a 30/70 DoT/WS split even w/o considering any other fstr and taking hagun from 75 to 80 dmg. The attack, you get more from zerk, even w/ it being only 3/5 of the time. This only effects your TP sets, WS sets will still be identical and this is worse case scenario.

Once you account for fstr, and then move towards the non wost case scenario, then need for cuch and pcc would go away and the 2% from fstr increase would go even lower.