Serveur: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-03-24 20:32:05
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
Kanjirou said:
Okay, math time:

For a 464 Delay GK, TP return per hit is 11.5 [(464 - 450) * 1.5 / 30] = 11.5 [14 * 1.5 / 30] = 11.5 0.7 = 12.2

To get a 5-hit build, we need a return of 20, which means we need at least 20/12.2 = ~1.64

This means that you would need at least 64 sTP to do a 5-hit build with Kurodachi. Even with 35 sTP from Traits and Merits, that leaves you with 29 more to go purely in gear.

I don't see that happening. =/ The delay on Kurodachi is simply not large enough to support a real 5-hit build.

I made a situational setup i suppose

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=146737

i could see someone somewhere making it work lol

Just made these 2 sets. @ 464 delay.

TP-

WS- (Champion with 4Str/4Stp)

These sets still allow for nearly a full haste build (Usu feet over Fuma) and a pretty solid WS build Imo.

While some of these pieces are hard to obtain, if this new Gkt does indeed have joyeuse level DA rate, that + 5 Hit + max haste build would be pretty *** sick imo.

What you guys think?
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-03-24 20:36:34
Link | Citer | R

i think we have a winner.
 Hades.Amnesia
Serveur: Hades
user: Wishkah
By Hades.Amnesia 2010-03-24 20:49:27
Link | Citer | R

That's using Carbonara no?
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-03-24 20:50:03
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Amnesia said:
That's using Carbonara no?

No. Just Sam main with 5/5 Stp merits.
 Hades.Amnesia
By Hades.Amnesia 2010-03-24 20:51:25
Link | Citer | R

Yea my bad, didn't consider Rajas Ring for some reason >.>.

Nice setup though, will be very good to see ^^
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-03-24 20:54:27
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Amnesia said:
Yea my bad, didn't consider Rajas Ring for some reason >.>.

Nice setup though, will be very good to see ^^

What I really want to know is how this setup would fare against Pole builds. In events like dyn/lim/ein etc.
 Phoenix.Haltro
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Haltro
By Phoenix.Haltro 2010-03-24 20:55:34
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Mattyc said:
lol i know infantry mostly used polearms but generals in most cases didnt. and no i shoulda clarified that haha.

Lu Bu, 'nuff said.

Hades.Amnesia
By Hades.Amnesia 2010-03-24 20:59:25
Link | Citer | R

I'm not a math genius but I would suspect it could out parse with the exceptions of obvious piercing weakness, will be intrigued to see.

I'm currently seeing how todo a 5hit w/o any Usukane or Askar, but it's proving quite difficult without major cuts in places.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-03-24 21:03:49
Link | Citer | R

w/ 25% gear haste (/drg), haste and double march, might be just fast enough to self SC?

edit: that is, 5-hit build, ws -> da -> da -> ws
 Hades.Amnesia
By Hades.Amnesia 2010-03-24 21:20:54
Link | Citer | R

This is the best I can do with my tired brain..

Only manage 16% Haste and take a chunk of accuracy off (438acc w/ Hasso & Pizza +1). Would have to WS in Hachiman Domaru/+1 to unlock some other pieces for WS use.

Optimal gear well.. makes it more optimal, if it would trump a full haste 6hit with the best WS gear is beyond my knowledge.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-03-24 21:22:52
Link | Citer | R

Imo this sort of build wouldn't really be worth building unless you can go for the max.

Giving up that much haste just isn't going to be worth it.
 Hades.Amnesia
By Hades.Amnesia 2010-03-24 21:26:51
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Frobeus said:
Imo this sort of build wouldn't really be worth building unless you can go for the max.

Giving up that much haste just isn't going to be worth it.

Yea I have to agree, too much of a hit on all stuff. I'll stick to a easier time with a 6hit for now.

Edit: Just 2 Store TP is needed to make Kurodachi a 6hit so easy flexibility for people who haven't done CoP or chose alternative ring ^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-03-25 10:28:04
Link | Citer | R

yessssss

trial 4/8 for Radennotachi

its some hard work ><
stupid pugil took 6 hours to spawn
 Valefor.Mattyc
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Mattyc 2010-03-25 12:19:37
Link | Citer | R

anyways back again still seeing if anyone has gotten the final stage radennotachi?
im curious to see if i will be using mine for just zerg or not.
anyways cool storys on samurai history you all get an A+ and a green shiny apple for being such stellar students :) lol..
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2010-03-25 12:21:23
Link | Citer | R

currently on Urd pretty easy were 1/6 seems like pld tanking while cured and rest sam's use ranged attack so no aoe will hit u works out very well. anyways good luck to everyone :).
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-03-25 12:34:03
Link | Citer | R

is it possible to do radden completely yet? i was reading that some others couldn't be completed yet.
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2010-03-25 12:43:28
Link | Citer | R

hmmm where you read that?
im confused are you saying theres a point where you cant upgrade further? lemme know.
By Maeya 2010-03-25 15:42:34
Link | Citer | R

Sooo.. I got the donto. It has trial 658 written on it. Kill 200 flies or summat. I go up to The Boyahda tree. It's equipped. I kill a skimmer. It checks as DC. And nothing. What's up with that? Am I being blonde and missing something obvious?
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-03-25 15:44:46
Link | Citer | R

Not sure why Sams would go for this since all them *** rant about is their *** Hagun. XD
[+]
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2010-03-25 16:01:27
Link | Citer | R

well we just "attempted" to do lamprey lord lol.....
tried with 14, 7 of which were sam lol, blu isnt very effective due to the fact they pull hate to quick 2 pld/nin 2 red/whm blm/whm and a drk.
acid spray resets hate so i tried to explain why pld/nin on the guy was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE...
well no one listened to me bout that lol.
i suggest pldx2 at least both /war rdm or blu.
pld's dropped within first 45 seconds-2 minutes.
my suggestion due to our overstock of sam was to all sub /thf so we could spam SATA once again idea shut down.
the messed up part is were the only 7 sams on our server this far along.
at any rate its bout 3-4x harder than the fairy lol....
antidotes woulda been nice addition due his enpoison on tanks though id think /whm mage jobs could poisona also.
at any rate this ***is crazy lol...good luck to all you guys.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-03-26 00:37:30
Link | Citer | R

I just thought about something, you guys were saying with Hagun Vs. Radden....let me get this straight..You guys were saying that Hagun out WSs Radden, right? So are you guys implying by extention that Hagun out WSs Amanomurakumo without the 2x dmg proc? Because Radden has 1 more base dmg than Amano....seriously? So you're saying that a 2.6M or w/e GK will out perform the 180M+ GK? Really now...? I think Hagun fever just got a lil out of hand here lol idk
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
Serveur: Phoenix
user: huw
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-03-26 00:46:18
Link | Citer | R

working on 4/8 for raden atm.

I think there's like 6 to 8 people further ahead of me on trials (at least that i know of), although I'm sure more than half are going for a kurodachi or w/e.

The whole line of trials doesn't seem too terrible up until Lamprey.

We'll see how things go...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-26 00:56:14
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
I just thought about something, you guys were saying with Hagun Vs. Radden....let me get this straight..You guys were saying that Hagun out WSs Radden, right? So are you guys implying by extention that Hagun out WSs Amanomurakumo without the 2x dmg proc? Because Radden has 1 more base dmg than Amano....seriously? So you're saying that a 2.6M or w/e GK will out perform the 180M GK? Really now...? I think Hagun fever just got a lil out of hand here lol idk
Maybe you should look up what the TP Bonus on Hagun actually does? Amano wins because it's faster, has more accuracy, relic procs, has better DoT, and has Kaiten for situations where pDIF is high. In terms of damage per Gekko, Hagun does indeed outdamage Amano by about 10%.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-03-26 01:43:09
Link | Citer | R

well you said earlier that YGK all have the same basic formulas so you're saying it does more for all 3 WS then? and yes i know what the TP function does on Hagun
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-26 01:52:04
Link | Citer | R

Yes, it does more for all 3. If you understand what it does then the WS damage advantage should be readily apparent given that going from 100 to 200 TP is a whopping 18.8% increase to YGK damage if you're WSing at 100 TP...
[+]
 Siren.Maximillion
Serveur: Siren
user: mozart
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-03-26 01:52:49
Link | Citer | R

Maeya said:
Sooo.. I got the donto. It has trial 658 written on it. Kill 200 flies or summat. I go up to The Boyahda tree. It's equipped. I kill a skimmer. It checks as DC. And nothing. What's up with that? Am I being blonde and missing something obvious?

Well, you gotta' kill 200 of them. >_>
 Valefor.Ryukuro
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-03-26 01:56:01
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
If anything i'm more keen to use the 89 base dmg Raddenotachi for RANA and 200-300tp YGK, even though i think there will be little if any difference with YGK between Radden and Hagun, still waits to be seen but RANA number with 89 base dmg is just pure sex on a sword. People who say Rana is ***dont know what hey are on about, with the right build and right GKT, Rana is a very very worthwhile sc to have and not just a "lesser" ws to YGK. FEAR THY RANA!
Fear thy Penta, you'd do even better with a polearm anywhere Rana is worth using.

Yes actually i tend to use my Tomoe or Love Halberd in most cases on most mobs (8/8 pole merits/riceball gear setup) but Rana is a very good and useful ws with the right gear and GKT when using a GKT, we weren't talking about poles were we?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-03-26 01:57:15
Link | Citer | R

i'm on trial 4 of the kurodachi path btw...man this thing sucks to solo....lol 400 plantoids
 Valefor.Ryukuro
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-03-26 01:59:42
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Mattyc said:
why did you edit your first post lol...
and no i dont need to see veg's parse, as far as polearm goes i could care less, traditional samurais use gk so should they on a video game lol, my post wasnt a arguement starter "not all sams merit polearm" nor carry the gear to support it, im sure veg got some outstanding parses to post but i'm not vegetto. and hes also a freak of nature lol...

Actually in most cases (not just birds) i use polearm on my SAM and destroy any other SAM using GKT, fact is pure and simple 5hit vs 6hit cant compare when the polearm SAM is geared right using the right food (eg. riceball gear and tonosama balls). Obviously in some cases on some mobs Penta Thrust can be quite weak but everything is situational and should be treated as such =)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8