users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » need a hand
need a hand
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Serveur: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-03-21 02:09:38
Link | Citer | R

soon after i 75 PLD i plan on working on Samurai once more its level 65 with Gekko unlocked need some good ideas on what Gear should i be useing atm i dont have any Sam AF
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-03-21 04:20:12
Link | Citer | R

I seriously thought this was a "I need a hand job" thread.

I can't help if thats waht you needed.... just saying

/gutter mind

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Israfel
Serveur: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-03-21 04:29:22
Link | Citer | R

Ok! A quick Samurai-on-a-Budget guide, I'm assuming you don't have millions rolling in, but if you do then kewl!

For a Decent TP set, you want to focus on Acc mainly, with this in mind:

You'll want to TP in acc rings -- Woodsman are generally cheaper, snipers work too but are a little more expensive here on asura, not sure how it is on Gilgamesh (and too lazy to look it up)

Neck: PCC is really really nice, if you can't afford it I suggest BCNMing, Chiv chain is a real nice substitute too, affordable and also purchaseable with Assault Points (Lebros) or Auction House

Legs -- Royal Knight's breeches -- AH or can buy with Sandy CQpoints if sandy is first -- these things are really <3

Body -- Hauby is pretty much a staple, Attack, acc, str and dex... it's too nice of a piece to pass up!

Feet and Hands -- I strongly urge you to buy the fuma kyahan and the O.kote, or camp their r.ex counterparts, Even obtain them from the BCNM60 Divine Punishers

Backpiece -- Amemet Mantle+1, it's really worth the investment and the HQ offers a nice added chunk of goodness over the NQ

Waist -- Potent Belt - Sure, life is cheaper but potent is really nice, speshly with the STR on it which is the main modifier for your WSs 65+. You could also camp Belladonna for the Virtuoso belt which is a lovely TP piece.

Now your AF bits are situational, Head macro in for TP, legs aren't a bad piece for soloing or if you pull a bit of hate, the parrying skill+5 ain't bad, same with the feet if you enjoy a little evasion skill. Hands and body are really pretty meh and if you get haub and kote, you'll trump those pieces tenfold.

Invest in a WS set! You'll notice a great damage boost if you pack on a good mix of STR and acc for weaponskills. If I remember rightly your 3 main WS after 65 (Y, G, K) are single hit and can miss, so don't forget a little acc when choosing your WS set. STR rings are a nice addition, HQ if you have the money, also Sipahi turban is nice too for the STR that's put on there.

Spike earrings are nice for a good chunk of attack, Diabolo's earring isn't terrible for the acc, but with a decent acc setup elsewhere I've not had the use for it.
And that's about all I can think of at the moment, it's very late! haha.

I hope this helps^^;
By Alaik 2010-03-21 05:49:28
Link | Citer | R

Spike Earrings..

To clarify Israfel, this incoming rant isn't aimed at you.

*** Spike Earrings. Seriously, if I see one more person 63+ with spike earrings on I will force a monkey to butcher a kitten then toss the mother-cat under a Bus.

Sell the damn spike, buy a friggin NQ coral, get the exact same stats with an additional -1% MDT and gain 20k. Seriously, I don't mind people not having the best gear, whatever but that one has always just pissed me off. Sell 2 spikes, buy 2 corals, gain -MDT and 40k. *** Spike earrings! >:|

</irrationalpetpeeve>

Basically what Israfel said, barring waist choices. I would swift>virtuoso for TP and potent for Y/G til Warwolf, keep virtuso for Penta fulltime. Invest in a polearm.

TP set haste/acc>att>stats

Pick up the items to gain a 6 hit at lv 70 (JSE legs, hachi hands, feet, rajas)

For Y/G acc bonus on single hit WS so STR onry, etc, etc.

AF is meh, head for meditate, legs for Y/G, for anything not tanking I would use different feet, hands suck, body sucks.

Continue on.
 Asura.Israfel
Serveur: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-03-21 06:02:16
Link | Citer | R

Haha it's np alaik, to be honest the coral earrings totally slipped my mind. I'm not a DD at heart @____@; lol, and thanks for reminding me about swift too hehe! So no offense taken, you helped refresh my memory, so thank you ^0^
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-03-21 06:50:00
Link | Citer | R

Zeal cap/Swift Belt/Sarutobi Kyahan are great.
 Fairy.Tedwardian
Serveur: Fairy
By Fairy.Tedwardian 2010-03-21 07:10:21
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Bartimaeus said:
I know what you SHOULD'NT be using.........
truth.
is nothing sacred?

Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate said:
i dont have any Sam AF
get it... seriously.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-21 08:39:22
Link | Citer | R

Remember the need for Stp, 6 hit is a must.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
Serveur: Valefor
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-03-21 10:58:15
Link | Citer | R

Hey this guy needs a hand too.....

Ohh wait, here's one..

=P
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-03-21 14:03:46
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Remember the need for Stp, 6 hit is a must.

is it possible at 65? you need stp+26 since you lack merits and STPIV. you also lack hachiman gear.

haub>stp+9 body, so that writes that out.

edit: ***yeah, it's possible, but you need to use the STP+9 body.

edit:

edit: would have to WS in this as well
edit: