Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » KO vs. Hauby +1
KO vs. Hauby +1
 Asura.Barthalomew
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-03-08 19:35:34
Link | Citer | R

So, I always thought Hauby +1 was better for WS's than KO on sam. Am I wrong on this? I tried looking on orderofthebluegartr but.. there's waaaay to many pages to go through. Anyone have any math to show?

This is meant for SAM using a GK.. not Polearm
 Siren.Clinpachi
Serveur: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-08 19:36:38
Link | Citer | R

inb4 acc cap.
 Fairy.Vincentius
Serveur: Fairy
By Fairy.Vincentius 2010-03-08 19:39:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Barthalomew said:
So, I always thought Hauby 1 was better for WS's than KO on sam. Am I wrong on this. I tried looking on orderofthebluegartr but.. there's waaaay to many pages to go through. Anyone have any math to show?

No, Osode wins.

And I do hope the person above me isn't suggesting that YGK aren't at capped accuracy, because they are. So you need no acc+ on those on almost every mob in the game.

If you try to say they're not capped, you're eyeballing it. It's been proven quite a few times.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-08 19:40:21
Link | Citer | R

JoL and select few number of very high defense (H)NMs in the game, Haub+1. everything else, osode.
 Fairy.Basilo
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-08 19:48:40
Link | Citer | R

I deleted cos the msg said Vegetto will answer you saying osode is better no doubt and it was that slow that he had done it already. Im tying with 1 hand though... the other is on the table too though just using another keyboard.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-08 19:51:33
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vincentius said:
Asura.Barthalomew said:
So, I always thought Hauby 1 was better for WS's than KO on sam. Am I wrong on this. I tried looking on orderofthebluegartr but.. there's waaaay to many pages to go through. Anyone have any math to show?

No, Osode wins.

And I do hope the person above me isn't suggesting that YGK aren't at capped accuracy, because they are. So you need no acc on those on almost every mob in the game.

If you try to say they're not capped, you're eyeballing it. It's been proven quite a few times.

I was assuming high end mobs and not lolibri lol. And you'll have to specify what you mean because from what you said I'm reading that as "YKG have capped ACC from just the WS itself".
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-08 19:53:12
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Fairy.Vincentius said:
Asura.Barthalomew said:

No, Osode wins.

And I do hope the person above me isn't suggesting that YGK aren't at capped accuracy, because they are. So you need no acc on those on almost every mob in the game.

I was assuming high end mobs and not lolibri lol.
That point being brought up, I'd probably be using polearm if the mob's defense wasn't high enough for me to use Haub+1, not 100% of the time, but more than likely.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-08 19:54:35
Link | Citer | R

Vegetto i don't know how you keep so cool with the same horse being beaten lol.

Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-08 19:54:40
Link | Citer | R

As for specification, the first hit of any WS, and therefore one hit ws in it's entirety, have a large bonus to accuracy, and in 99% of the time, you'll be at the 95% htirate cap, unless it's a high level mob AND it has some sort of evasion boost tp move up at the time.

haha at the office space pic
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-08 19:56:22
Link | Citer | R

Yeah i should have specified i meant HNM/notcolibri, I'm just so jaded by 10 page SAM arguments and derails

>_>

I assume any colibri conversation is stated with Tomoe so unless specified i assume HNM/high end with Gkatana
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-08 20:00:03
Link | Citer | R

Then again, any situation where I'd be using haub+1 over osode, Byrnie+1 would beat haub+1 for ws
 Fairy.Vincentius
By Fairy.Vincentius 2010-03-08 20:29:20
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Clinpachi said:
And you'll have to specify what you mean because from what you said I'm reading that as "YKG have capped ACC from just the WS itself".

They do, actually. There's an innate accuracy bonus to all true 1-hit WS, if I'm not mistaken. Spinning Slash and Ground Strike are two others off the top of my head that have had testing to show attack/accuracy bonuses.

And yeah. JoL, PW, AV, and other ***like that is where you won't hit capped ACC, and Byrnie+1 would still win on those over Haub+1 I'd imagine.