180tp On One Meditate?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » 180tp on one meditate?
180tp on one meditate?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fairy.Blackmist
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-04-29 09:21:50
Link | Citer | R

>.> ill get flamed for this for sure but ima say it before i take mai nap D= Dam cat wont stop wakeing me up :x

It's Just 20% tp more, is it Really that big of a diffrence? ok fine, you can WS 1 hit sooner, thats 1 WS about, what 3.2~4.0 seconds sooner? (sigh)

common guys, it's not that big of a deal, =\

<.< i'm sure if you wanted this thread locked that badly :P some one woulda posted bewbs, derailed it, and or said a major racial slure :D
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-29 09:50:15
Link | Citer | R

It's not the fact that you get more TP, it's the fact that it's incredibly rare.

Your post is pointless sir.
 Fairy.Blackmist
Serveur: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-04-29 10:04:25
Link | Citer | R

Never said it was to make a point :P I was just saying it's a stupid debate in my eyes, you eather get the tp from medatate, 180% or, you dont and you get the added 20~% in the next hit

tbh, eather way, idk =P
 Cerberus.Retinn
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Jeniffer
By Cerberus.Retinn 2010-04-29 10:05:54
Link | Citer | R

Me having amano has little to do with people getting 180 tp from one meditate also. Jealous much? My point is, and will forever be til I aquire 180tp from 1 meditate myself that I have yet to see it myself. A unreadable screenshot proves very little to me, but kudos for the effort:)

To everyone who say it happens rarely, but not as unique as me seeing it in 6-7 years would be impossible, explain this;
I do pay attention to my meditate everytime I use it while idling or running(midfight is harder to notify), how come I have yet to see 180tp from a single meditate. Have I missed this "in before tick/window" moment everytime I have used meditate?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-29 10:08:12
Link | Citer | R

Most likely, it can be very difficult even when you try
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-29 12:49:17
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Retinn said:
Me having amano has little to do with people getting 180 tp from one meditate also. Jealous much? My point is, and will forever be til I aquire 180tp from 1 meditate myself that I have yet to see it myself. A unreadable screenshot proves very little to me, but kudos for the effort:)

To everyone who say it happens rarely, but not as unique as me seeing it in 6-7 years would be impossible, explain this;
I do pay attention to my meditate everytime I use it while idling or running(midfight is harder to notify), how come I have yet to see 180tp from a single meditate. Have I missed this "in before tick/window" moment everytime I have used meditate?

And this is why Relic means very little.
 Cerberus.Retinn
By Cerberus.Retinn 2010-04-29 14:12:47
Link | Citer | R

I'm probably one of the more skilled people still playing this game and you sir are jealous:)

1. I have yet to get 180TP off a meditate.
2. I have yet to see anyone get it.
What more is there for me to say or prove to clarify my statement.

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-29 14:19:25
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Retinn said:
I'm probably one of the more skilled people still playing this game and you sir are jealous:)

1. I have yet to get 180TP off a meditate.
2. I have yet to see anyone get it.
What more is there for me to say or prove to clarify my statement.

So because you haven't seen something it doesn't exist?

Nice logic there.
 Cerberus.Retinn
By Cerberus.Retinn 2010-04-29 14:21:22
Link | Citer | R

Your logic of "yes, it exists, if you deny it we call you a dumbass" isn't much better I must say. People claim to have seen god, people claim to have seen 180tp meditate. Can't just take their word on it.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-04-29 14:30:14
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Retinn said:

Uh....

Don't flatter yourself.

Although I do agree, I haven't yet really seen a 180TP meditate yet, but i'm not gonna say no it doesn't happen because ... you never know.
 Cerberus.Retinn
By Cerberus.Retinn 2010-04-29 14:33:47
Link | Citer | R

When pulling out a piece of gear I worked my *** of for to use in a argument wich it is irrelevant in shows lack of ability to respond to what I actually asked for.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-29 14:35:05
Link | Citer | R

So go play around with meditate and try and time it right and maybe you'll get a 180.
 Cerberus.Retinn
By Cerberus.Retinn 2010-04-29 14:35:26
Link | Citer | R

Check page 1.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-29 14:39:06
Link | Citer | R

But did you know about the tick back when you did that?
 Cerberus.Retinn
By Cerberus.Retinn 2010-04-29 14:42:25
Link | Citer | R

I know there are "ticks" for meditate/regen/dot, probably more things too, but yes. And as said earlier I did a small test and did not recieve 180TP once, thus making a conclusion of chances of getting it being low. Still amazes me when everyone and their mother who jumps into this thread say things like; "Happened to me right now. Got it yesterday. I get 180TP more often than 140TP. Happens to me alot."
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-29 14:45:11
Link | Citer | R

I doubt they get it that often as well but I don't doubt that you can get it since I've gotten 72% from meditate a few times.
 Cerberus.Retinn
By Cerberus.Retinn 2010-04-29 14:52:38
Link | Citer | R

Then tell me how I can trust these statements when half of everyone claiming to have seen or gotten 180TP off med is apparently lying?
 Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Rumaha
By Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha 2010-04-29 15:10:51
Link | Citer | R

I have gotten 180 on a Meditate 2 times in 7 years, I have gotten 80 once**, I have never gotten 72, you doing a small test(Depending actually how small it was) proves about as much as that picture I can't see proves 180, sit in 1 spot and meditate 1000 times, that's a test etc, the probability of getting 180 is unbelievably low, the reason you have not and others have is a mix between luck and statistics.

Edit**

It was actually yesterday I got the 80, true story, even weirder was I have Kote and Head and it would appear they did not equip or w/e with macro because I think I zoned or w/e**
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-29 15:16:13
Link | Citer | R

72 is for /sam only of course so you won't see it that much because you'll most likely have other subs when you don't tp on the mob you WS on. 80 is probably from doing Meditate late or you interacting with something before it completes.
 Seraph.Rafik
Serveur: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-29 15:21:12
Link | Citer | R

So what did this thing turn to? Someone with a relic doesnt know how his/her job works?

I have amano, bow down to me?
 Bahamut.Satanas
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-04-29 15:21:21
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha said:
I have gotten 180 on a Meditate 2 times in 7 years, I have gotten 80 once**, I have never gotten 72, you doing a small test(Depending actually how small it was) proves about as much as that picture I can't see proves 180, sit in 1 spot and meditate 1000 times, that's a test etc, the probability of getting 180 is unbelievably low, the reason you have not and others have is a mix between luck and statistics.

Edit**

It was actually yesterday I got the 80, true story, even weirder was I have Kote and Head and it would appear they did not equip or w/e with macro because I think I zoned or w/e**

Was up Bish! :D.... I've had it happen to me most of the time when I zoned I would meditate right away. Also to stop all this arguing about us people lying on getting 180tp, I will make a fraps video of me getting 180tp so nonbelievers can stfu :.. (thats if my lag allows me to do it lol)
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-29 15:25:42
Link | Citer | R

got 140tp several times just from af2 gloves

Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Rumaha
By Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha 2010-04-29 15:27:35
Link | Citer | R

Whatup, your satellite internet lag yo? lol

I could sit and fraps all day and meditate and it probably would not happen, statistics and ***etc
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-29 15:30:45
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Rafik said:
So what did this thing turn to? Someone with a relic doesnt know how his/her job works?

If I was going to call somebody an incompetent SAM, it wouldn't be Retinn.

Sup bish, grats on finishing your Amano.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-29 15:34:12
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

If I was going to call somebody an incompetent SAM, it wouldn't be Retinn.

Sup bish, grats on finishing your Amano.

sup. That was sarcasm...

You cant just throw I have so and so item, people are jealous. Just gets old.
 Cerberus.Retinn
By Cerberus.Retinn 2010-04-29 15:34:21
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Rafik said:

Seems your ninja edit didnt ninja it's way out of the quote:o

But really, no, it's not my point at all in here. Just unnecessary to drag it into the discussion because it has nothing to do with me apparently not knowing how to play my job. I could just sink to his level and ask him why he uses a light staff and not an apollo's staff for his bard too, but it's irrelevant. This is about 180TP on a meditate, not about me having a relic great katana(read: people expect you to have seen, read, noticed, experienced, withnessed everything in the entire game about the job)

Bahamut.Satanas
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-04-29 15:35:32
Link | Citer | R

Whatup, your satellite internet lag yo? lol

I could sit and fraps all day and meditate and it probably would not happen, statistics and ***etc

lol yea same satellite lag, but I'm just gonna give it a shot, while I'm lfp for 6hrs on SAM I'll be recording lol
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-29 15:41:26
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Retinn said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Seems your ninja edit didnt ninja it's way out of the quote:o

But really, no, it's not my point at all in here. Just unnecessary to drag it into the discussion because it has nothing to do with me apparently not knowing how to play my job. I could just sink to his level and ask him why he uses a light staff and not an apollo's staff for his bard too, but it's irrelevant. This is about 180TP on a meditate, not about me having a relic great katana(read: people expect you to have seen, read, noticed, experienced, withnessed everything in the entire game about the job)

Read all of it now and I see you werent the one who brought up having an Amano

my bad
 Alexander.Vivicide
Serveur: Alexander
user: Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2010-05-02 03:48:08
Link | Citer | R

I have gotten 180 on a Meditate 2 times in 7 years

Seriously? 2 times in 7 years.. that easily makes this the most rare thing in this game. AV has probably died more times on your server then you've gotten 180%tp.

You know what, you guys are right. SE went out of their way to program the most rare occurrence in the game. This occurrence is 180%tp meditate.

How ridiculous does that sound? Sounds pretty *** stupid to me.

To whoever it was that thought I was insinuating that my good luck must have passed onto this because I've seen KC & D.ring drop needs to read a little more thoroughly. What I meant, which I thought was easily identifiable, was that I've been around a while. I've seen some rare ***, I don't think it's a stretch to say I've used meditate hundreds of thousands of times. I've yet to see it. From a sheer numbers stand point on this... the odds are pretty stacked against this being true.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-02 04:02:08
Link | Citer | R

It's not that it's not true, it's that your extra tics have to proc on the same meditate to get the extra tp. Hell, you could even have the two extra tics of tp alternate and which is why we get 160 so often instead of 140, but to get the two tics to proc at once being the rarity, not either of the two extra tics individually.