180tp On One Meditate?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » 180tp on one meditate?
180tp on one meditate?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-28 16:11:35
Link | Citer | R

There's still morons in here denying 180 tp meditates?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-28 16:14:40
Link | Citer | R

Because they can't get it themselves, yeah.
 Alexander.Vivicide
Serveur: Alexander
user: Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2010-04-28 16:20:49
Link | Citer | R

I have yet to see proof of this. Your word isn't going to cut it. That is all I keep getting is basically "lol you don't believe in this". How can I believe in something I have no proof of?

You are basically asking for faith which I'm quite short on atm.

Name calling also doesn't work on me. lol

Submit or I'll call you a moron!! lol... Seriously dude? You're not going to change the fact you've provided nothing to say your right other then your E-strength.
[+]
 Bahamut.Satanas
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-04-28 16:29:07
Link | Citer | R

♫"I Believe I can fly... I Believe I can get 180tp on one meditate"♫... :), if I could get an SS of me having 180tp on SAM and 72tp on /SAM would you than "believe", or would you still rather think if you can't get it than it must not be real?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-28 16:31:20
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Vivicide said:
I have yet to see proof of this. Your word isn't going to cut it. That is all I keep getting is basically "lol you don't believe in this". How can I believe in something I have no proof of?

You are basically asking for faith which I'm quite short on atm.
Maybe your charger mantle is preventing the extra proc
[+]
 Alexander.Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2010-04-28 16:45:54
Link | Citer | R

lol That's the best you can come up with making fun of my charger mantle? lol

Funny thing is most sams either use forager 3str and 15 att = 17.25 att for tp building. Either that or Cerberus Mantle +1 which is 4str and 15att = 18att. So how is that better then 20att when building tp? I use forager on WS only.

Hmm interesting. You sound like one of those holier then tho types. Pretty much fits with your "Submit or I'll try to humiliate you" mentality.

Yet again you resort to making fun of me instead of not being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-28 16:47:25
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Vivicide said:

Funny thing is most sams either use forager 3str and 15 att = 17.5 att for tp building. Either that or Cerberus Mantle 1 which is 4str and 15att = 18att. So how is that better then 20att when building tp? I use forager on WS only.
How is it better? Are you claiming 2 attack > 1 fstr?
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-28 16:48:22
Link | Citer | R

If so you better just take a seat now and quit posting.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-04-28 16:48:46
Link | Citer | R

o noz
 Alexander.Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2010-04-28 17:02:46
Link | Citer | R

No I'm not suggesting fSTR is unimportant. I like how you seem to change the subject a lot. It's a very good tactic for those that can't prove a point.

Also goes right along with your rather simple to determine mentality "I'm right and you better agree with me or I'll make fun of you somehow".

Pick something better then the part of my gear that does approx 20% or less of my damage. Pick part of my WS gear that deals around 80% or more of my damage during most HNM fights. Best your going to find there is probably "OMG he doesn't use snow gorget".

No, I don't have perfect choices for gear. But then again, neither do 99.9% of all sams.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-28 17:05:18
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
So how is that better then 20att when building tp?
Quote:
No I'm not suggesting fSTR is unimportant.

As for meditate, you can choose not to believe it all you want. You can be obliviously wrong, too.
[+]
 Alexander.Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2010-04-28 17:14:38
Link | Citer | R

You sir win at topic swapping and researching ways to dodge the obvious fact you can't provide proof.

Keep spreading your lies. Good day sir.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-28 17:19:27
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Vivicide said:
You sir win at topic swapping and researching ways to dodge the obvious fact you can't provide proof.

Keep spreading your lies. Good day sir.

You're the one who continued on the discussion and who here said anything about proving it. What do you want? A screen shot w/ 180 tp. I'm pretty sure we all know you'd claim shenanigans and that the 180tp was set by the player.

It can happen. Everyone else here knows it but you. You can choose not to believe it all you want, doesn't make you right. Could I sit there w/ fraps and record myself doing meditate? Sure, I could, but like everyone has said, it's rare, very rare. I'm not willing to do that to satisfy you. I know it can happen, it's happened to me. If you want, you can do the testing yourself if you're really that curious.

I rly don't give a ***whether you believe it or not. You're still wrong though.

Also, lol @ using charger > forager for tp.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-04-28 17:21:23
Link | Citer | R

Chargers is good for mnk tho right >.>?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-28 17:22:40
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Chargers is good for mnk tho right >.>?
No, it's worse for mnk than it is for sam.

Genuine waste of ABC's, I'd sooner get a flawless ribbon.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-04-28 17:26:55
Link | Citer | R

Ive been lied too >.>
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-28 17:29:25
Link | Citer | R

It's pretty much better when your fstr is capped(so you can't benefit from the str). Can't think of any other situation though.
 Siren.Markii
Serveur: Siren
user: Markai
By Siren.Markii 2010-04-28 22:10:10
Link | Citer | R

It's a big picture, I didn't feel like cropping it as it is mid-dynamis. shows 180 tp on a meditate.
http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots.php?id=40695
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2010-04-28 22:13:01
Link | Citer | R

We really need to find a way to get this thread locked.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-29 00:19:06
Link | Citer | R

I honestly can't see the numbers in that pic even after enlarging it a shitload.
 Cerberus.Retinn
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Jeniffer
By Cerberus.Retinn 2010-04-29 00:55:41
Link | Citer | R

I'm with you all the way on this Vivicide.
 Sylph.Vincentius
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-04-29 00:59:23
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Retinn said:

And even after seeing a screenshot with it, you're still denying it. Smart move.

Oh wow, you have Amano. Either you never pay attention on SAM, or you don't pay attention on SAM.
 Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-04-29 01:37:54
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Vincentius said:
Cerberus.Retinn said:

And even after seeing a screenshot with it, you're still denying it. Smart move.

Oh wow, you have Amano. Either you never pay attention on SAM, or you don't pay attention on SAM.

Hopefully being sarcastic..
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2010-04-29 01:53:24
Link | Citer | R

180 TP is rare but not impossible

same with getting 60% in 1 hit >.>

Right Vege !?
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
Serveur: Phoenix
user: huw
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-04-29 02:01:40
Link | Citer | R

I like how with this most people have an open mind to 180 being possible but rare, and here comes Vivicide saying "It's a myth distributed by liars and people trying to perpetuate the myth."

And btw your "seeing a kc drop twice and a d.ring 3 times" has absolutely nothing to do with getting 180 on a meditate.

Just because you have "luck" with item drops does not mean you will have luck with 180tp.

As for your theory of it being from an extra swing: One swing usually isn't 20tp for a sam, and guess what... Sams the only job that could even possibly get the 180 we're all talking about.

(yes 20tp a hit is possible, but in most common cases you'll be getting the standard 16-17 or w/e it is)

Your logic makes no sense.

(Can't get quotes to work >.>)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-29 02:03:32
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
same with getting 60% in 1 hit >.>
Wut?
 Bismarck.Jimothy
user: Jimothy
By Bismarck.Jimothy 2010-04-29 02:06:49
Link | Citer | R

I would go so far as to say that 100k meditates is an overestimate.

Even assuming fully meritted:

100k * 2.5 = 250,000 minutes = 4166.66 hours = 173.61 days

173 days worth of time that you are actively using SAM, and not sitting in whitegate or mog house or running from one end of the earth to another or waiting for a raise/airship/weakness etc.

This is also assuming that you hit your meditate macro every 2:30 on the dot, and doesn't include anytime you are storing to 300% because you wouldn't notice it anyways. AND this is all after when you received your relic piece.
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Shogunazzazzin 2010-04-29 07:29:03
Link | Citer | R

I've been playing since Dec 2003, my main job has always been Sam, which I leveled to 75 on 2 seperate chars who both have hands and head pieces. Guess what? I have never seen 180TP, neither have I ever seen anyone get 180TP from a meditate, my wife is 75sam also and has never witnessed this event. Maybe we can compare 180TP to Big Foot! Now, am I denying that it happens? NO! I'm sure there people out that that HAVE seen this, like people who have seen Big Foot, and there are pictures too.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-29 08:20:07
Link | Citer | R

Timing it just right before the next tick is the really tricky part to getting more tp than usual. Go try it yourself. It's rare because the only time you'll get it is when you're really really trying to.
By Razius07 2010-04-29 08:31:35
Link | Citer | R

Without uploading a video of say, 50 meditates, no1 can really state "Yes it happens" "Never happens" etc, nor make a "chance" formulae of it happening. But, yes its possible. Easily possible.

I do it quite regularly, which is great for walking into a BCNM boss fight. Plus, capped recast merits, by the time the mages buff everyone its up again, should you want to. But if it dont its no big deal, not like i wont get 200%+ within 2 seconds of engaging.

Personally i hold off on the 2nd meditate till i started fighting (to avoid losing the Hagun's tp bonus effect to its full). Allows me to get required tp in one hit, then go into my 2hr process or the sekka/ws/med/ws combo im fond of. With Soboro i can emulate Meikyo Shisui, and one day i shall do it with Hagun! Rawr.