| Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Sweetcat
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Celille
By Garuda.Sweetcat 2010-02-18 01:35:30
Link | Citer | R

If gil isn't an issue then I would get an PCC, str earrings, snipers/woodsman rings, and an amemet +1. You could also think of getting an osode and askar feet, but there aren't many options if the only endgame you do is dyna.
 Siren.Maximillion
Serveur: Siren
user: mozart
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-02-18 01:52:15
Link | Citer | R

SAM/RNG isn't all that hard to build up from AH but there are couple really amazing equips to this build (Seiryu's kote and Kirin's osode). I can't even remember the last time I played SAM/RNG but here goes nothing. I'll try to keep it as cheap as possible.

Weapon - Fire staff/soboro

Strap - Axe grip

Body - Hachiman domaru

Hands - Can't really think of a decent hands besides S.kote. Deadeye gloves are the next best choice but expensive.

Legs - Hachiman is fine.

Belt - Warwolf is fine if you don't want to spend as much.

Rings - NQ behemoths will do the trick.

Back - Get rid of that god awful cape D:<. Get amemet +1 and save yourself some gil. win/win! :3

Ear - Buy yourself a fowlings with the gil you made from commanders cape. Vision earring is amazing too.

Good luck.

Hades.Lumei
Serveur: Hades
user: Lumei
By Hades.Lumei 2010-02-18 02:05:27
Link | Citer | R

Weapon-> Soboro/Fire/Vulcan's Staff
Sub-> Axe Strap
Range-> Shigeto bow (+1)
Head-> Ohat/Zha'Go's Barbut/Bowman's Mask
Body-> Hachiman/Osode/Kyudogi
Hands-> Deadeye Gloves/Barbarossa's Moufles/Seiryu's Kote
Legs-> Dusk Trousers/Galliard trousers/Hachiman
Feet-> Hachiman/Bowman's Ledelsens
Neck-> Qiqirn Collar/Wivre Gorget +1/Sniper's Collar/Spectacles/Peacock Charm/Diabolos's Torque
Belt-> Saotome Koshi-ate
Back-> Amemet(+1) / Thunderer's Mantle
Ears-> Vision Earring/Beater's Earring/Altdorf's Earring + Wilhelm's Earring
Ring-> Behemoth Rings/Jalzahn's Ring/Coral Ring/Dragon Ring

Once you find your RACC is at cap for what you are fighting replace with STR <- RATT <- AGI on WS
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-18 02:10:42
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Agles said:
Weapon - Soboro
Sub - Rose Strap (Or Axe Grip for more STR.)
Range - Shigeto Bow
Head - Walahra Turban (though i have an O-hat i could use) (O-Hat definately, or Wyvern Helm for more STR.)
Body - Hachiman
Hands - Hachiman
Legs - Hachiman (Or Sam AF pants for more STR. Or Sipahi Zerehs.)
Feet - Hachiman
Neck - Chivalrous Chain
Belt - Saotome Koshi-ate (Or Warwolf Belt for more STR.)
Back - Commander's Cape (Amemet Mantle +1, definately.)
Ear 1 - Storm Loop (Fowling Earring/Vision Earring.)
Ear 2 - Spike Earring (Minuet Earring/Vision Earring.)
ring - Thunder Ring (Behemoth Rings or Flame Rings.)

There you go. All are affordable, and reasonable to what you asked.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-18 02:29:46
Link | Citer | R

Why would you SAM/RNG in an Axe Grip? If you're meleeing for TP at all, a Rose Strap or similar should easily outdo the Axe Grip over time.

You're gonna have to equip swap to be effective at SAM/RNG I'm afraid cause the gear required for each is pretty much polar.

TP: Sobororororororo.
Grip: Rose Strap
Ranged/Ammo: Bow/Arrows
Head: Walrue Turben Hat
Neck: PCC/whatever other acc neckpiece
Ear: Something/Brutal... or hm. Would the Brutal help here much... inclined to believe it'd still beat a str or atk earring, maybe not an acc one if you're using the accuracy...
Body: Haubergeon line
Hands: Dusk Gloves
Rings: Acc/Rajas or Acc/Acc
Back: Cuchulain's/some other acc backpiece or Forager's/Amemet/etc.
Waist: Haste belt, Headlong is good and AH if not swifty!
Legs: Haidate beats all, otherwise perhaps those ~level 50 ones with more sTP depending on what it does to your build (note: I haven't even looked in detail, lazy!). Failing that, something with accuracy... or Dusk Trousers if not, etc.
Feet: Fuma

You want to 6hit that Soboro in TP build and then throw on a load of racc gear for WS/Barrage etc. If you're eating sushi, you can maybe drop some but otherwise I'd prioritise racc above all else with Behemoth Rings/Dusk Trousers etc. Hachiman body is a good Sidewinder body and a lot cheaper than Osode, which is pretty much the best.
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
Serveur: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-18 02:30:40
Link | Citer | R

Right, you seem to be one of those SAMs that don't understand sTP, so I am going to go back to the start.

Basically what everyone has said was valid and correct.

I will assume you are using demon arrows, and you have 0 sTP merits (as your profile shows).

Before gear (but including traits):
19.6 TP per arrow shot
14.3 TP per melee hit

Using Hachiman hands, Rose Strap and Ecphoria Ring you take this to:

With 1 shot for the bow (your WS) plus 5 hits with your GKT will get you to 100TP. ALL the rest of your sTP gear is wasted as it is NOT reducing the number of hits needed to reach 100TP, so that is at least 3 slots with completely pointless gear.

You need 3 builds (TP, WS and barrage);
* TP needs to focus on accuracy and haste (and attack is nice to increase your TP damage).
* WS needs to focus heavily on r.acc and then STR/r.att
* Barrage is all about the r.acc, but will be pretty much your WS build.

(I know a real RNG would scoff a the above, but we are talking about SAM/RNG and basic set building).

TP Build:
Weapon - Soboro
Sub - Rose Strap
Range - Shigeto Bow
Head - Walahra Turban
Body - Haubergeon
Hands - Hachiman
Legs - Royal Knight Breeches
Feet - Fuma
Neck - Spectacles
Belt - Headlong
Back - Amemet mantle +1
Ear 1 - Storm Loop
Ear 2 - Fowling
ring 1 - Woodsman
ring 2 - Ecphoria Ring

WS Build:
Weapon - Soboro
Sub - Rose Strap
Range - Shigeto Bow
Head - O-Hat
Body - Haubergeon (there aren't any really decent body options before Osode/Kyudogi)
Hands - Hachiman
Legs - Royal Knight Breeches
Feet - Whatever STR feet you normally use
Neck - Spectacles
Belt - Saotome Koshi-ate
Back - Amemet mantle +1
Ear 1 - Vision Earring
Ear 2 - Fowling Earring
ring 1 - Behemoth Ring
ring 2 - Behemoth Ring

It might be possible to reach a 6hit with the lvl 50 sTP legs (and free up hands for dusk) but that's fine tuning once you get the basics down.
[+]
 Siren.Maximillion
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-02-18 02:40:20
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Argettio said:
Haubergeon (there aren't any really decent body options before Osode/Kyudogi)

Hachiman body isn't all that bad for WSing as SAM/RNG, but I don't think the OP is into gear swaps. :U
 Carbuncle.Kyri
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2010-02-18 02:45:03
Link | Citer | R

people will always lol at hachi, hauby really isnt that expensive tbh.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-18 02:49:50
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Maximillion said:
Kujata.Argettio said:
Haubergeon (there aren't any really decent body options before Osode/Kyudogi)

Hachiman body isn't all that bad for WSing as SAM/RNG, but I don't think the OP is into gear swaps. :U

I was hoping the OP would sell their Hachiman body to buy their Haub, but you are right, Hachiman body is an ok WS body.

Carbuncle.Kyri said:

Especially when people don't understand sTP and just assume "MORE = BETTER"
 Siren.Maximillion
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-02-18 02:50:59
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Kyri said:

Yeah, but it's not about hauby being expensive lol. It has -agi for a SAM/RNG build and the OP doesn't care much about gear swapping. So the next best thing he/she could use is DOMARUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. Either way, gear swapping is essential no matter what to be efficient BUT play the game you want and enjoy it. :3
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-18 02:51:35
Link | Citer | R

You guys missed out where they said they don't do endgame (besides Dynamis) so a lot of the equipment you're suggesting is really out of reach for them, plus Sidewinder'ing with a Hauby is Lol. Domaruuuuuuuuuu on a Sam/Rng becomes a Hachiman Domaru. A Hauby on a Sam/Rng becomes Haubergeeooooooon.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-18 02:59:42
Link | Citer | R

-5 AGI will be -1 WSC.

To be honest, considering the OP's current choices, 1 WSC is the least of their concerns.

Once they have a decent TP build (with the correct amount of sTP) and a dedicated WS build, then we can tweak it to get the best out of it.

And I am not sure how you can lol at my advice when you wanted them to use an Axe grip.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-18 03:01:41
Link | Citer | R

Domaru is also 8 WS accuracy though and Sidewinder is a *** :( 2~3 more STR which is 1-2 fSTR2 as well.

Axe Grip however is indeed diabolical and should never be used in any build where you melee.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-18 03:09:43
Link | Citer | R

Because Rose Strap is 4 sTP and Axe Grip is 3 STR? They might as well TP in Domaru, they get enough ACC from /RNG for Dynamis mobs. Plus they get WSACC from Domaru, along with more STR along with no negative AGI.

Really, why are you suggesting that they'd Sidewinder in a Hauby and sacrifice so much more sTP and STR that they could get from just TP'ing in Domaruuuuuu and an Axe Grip? What is this I don't even...

Ninja Edit: You guys don't even have SAM leveled... /facepalm.

Carry on.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-18 03:35:27
Link | Citer | R

Because 3STR is meaningless?

This set:
Quote:
Weapon - Soboro
Sub - Rose Strap (Or Axe Grip for more STR.)
Range - Shigeto Bow
Head - Walahra Turban (though i have an O-hat i could use) (O-Hat definately, or Wyvern Helm for more STR.)
Body - Hachiman
Hands - Hachiman
Legs - Hachiman (Or Sam AF pants for more STR. Or Sipahi Zerehs.)
Feet - Hachiman
Neck - Chivalrous Chain
Belt - Saotome Koshi-ate (Or Warwolf Belt for more STR.)
Back - Commander's Cape (Amemet Mantle +1, definately.)
Ear 1 - Storm Loop (Fowling Earring/Vision Earring.)
Ear 2 - Spike Earring (Minuet Earring/Vision Earring.)
ring - Thunder Ring (Behemoth Rings or Flame Rings.)

is not going to even approach capped accuracy. I'm guessing you mean this for ranged attack only though...
Quote:
You guys don't even have SAM leveled... /facepalm.

I can promise you that we know more about SAM than 95% of SAMs.
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-18 03:42:51
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zephyran said:
Because Rose Strap is 4 sTP and Axe Grip is 3 STR? They might as well TP in Domaru, they get enough ACC from /RNG for Dynamis mobs. Plus they get WSACC from Domaru, along with more STR along with no negative AGI.

Really, why are you suggesting that they'd Sidewinder in a Hauby and sacrifice so much more sTP and STR that they could get from just TP'ing in Domaruuuuuu and an Axe Grip? What is this I don't even...

Ninja Edit: You guys don't even have SAM leveled... /facepalm.

Carry on.

Because the OP doesn't look like the person who will keep both Domaru and Haub and use them intelligently.

Haub for SAM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Domaru

So I was trying to suggest a change in equipment that would be a benefit the OPs job the most. Yes it isn't the perfect piece for Winder, but considering there is only 3-4 pieces in the OP's current build that would be considered a good item for SAM, a few pointers on SAM as a whole wouldn't go a miss. Especially considering how often SAM/RNG is viable.

The attack on a Hauby do more damage than the 3 STR on Domaru, so even when accuracy is capped Hauby > Domaru.

Axe Grip is only, ONLY for shotting TP with a Fire/Vulcan staff when sTP isn't a concern. In any situation where you are meleeing TP or need more sTP then Pole/Rose will be better. As they are using a multi hit weapon, pole isn't probably the best, so I used the slot as part of the their 6hit build.

And WTF has my Jobs got to do with my ability to do maths?

I didn't realise you had to pass an exam on SAM to have it @ 75.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-18 03:45:32
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

I wish you did!
[+]
 Siren.Maximillion
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-02-18 03:53:17
Link | Citer | R

So basically from this thread we learn that 1+2 = ice cream sandwiches.
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-18 03:53:35
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
is not going to even approach capped accuracy. I'm guessing you mean this for ranged attack only though...
Which is the purpose of this thread...

And remember, we're talking Dynamis. Only mobs you'd miss occasionally are THF mobs, which is always a given.

You guys are suggesting to the OP that +5 STR -5 AGI +4 sTP from Hauby and Rose Strap makes it better for Sidewinder than +11 STR +8 WSACC +6 sTP from Domaru and Axe Grip. When it's not. It will never be.
 Siren.Maximillion
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-02-18 03:56:10
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zephyran said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

And remember, we're talking Dynamis. Only mobs you'd miss occasionally are THF mobs, which is always a given.

You guys are suggesting to the OP that 5 STR -5 AGI 4 sTP from Hauby and Rose Strap makes it better for Sidewinder than 11 STR 8 WSACC 6 sTP from Domaru and Axe Grip. When it's not. It will never be.

The thing is, axe grip should ONLY be used with fire staff and he/she would be better off with a sTP strap so he/she can TP faster or/and maintain a x-hit build. That's what they are saying. Hachiman domaru is a decent WS body, but the OP doesn't give a poop about gear swaps. Therefore, they suggested that he/she use hauby so they can TP faster since it's better than domaru in the long run....or something like that. Anyway, time to fap.

P.S Everyone forgot about mythril grip +1. It's perfect for TPing with soboro and WSing.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-18 04:01:13
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

A sam/rng in dynamis should not be using pure standard ranged attacks as a vessel for TP at any point. The whole idea of SAM/RNG is Soboro... even Yoichi SAMs will TP with the Soboro and WS with the Yoichi.
Quote:
You guys are suggesting to the OP that +5 STR -5 AGI +4 sTP from Hauby and Rose Strap makes it better for Sidewinder than +11 STR +8 WSACC +6 sTP from Domaru and Axe Grip. When it's not. It will never be.

I'm suggesting Hauby TP/Domaru WS! I was presuming the OP meant not pure ranged for TP (level RNG) since his initial build involved a Walahra Turban, a Thunder Ring and such.

EDIT: With Mythril+1, it's only better than Rose Strap here if they are 6hit with 0 sacrifices involved (this obviously means TPing in -notDomaru-). Depending on the build, this could even mean things like Fuma over Usukane...
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-18 04:12:55
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zephyran said:

Xarc Demons need ~420 acc to cap (more than

Xarc NMs can need even more.

So some dynamis mobs certainly aren't easy to hit. And the OP did not specify which zone. And according to their profile, they have access to all the zones except Tav.

And I am not sure why you use THF as a measure of accuracy.

A good THF will have as much (if not more) acc than any other 1 handed job. A- skill, high DEX and Homam.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-18 04:13:42
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Argettio said:
And WTF has my Jobs got to do with my ability to do maths?

You've got no experience being a Sam/Rng, you are only suggesting a Hauby because you're on the Hauby bandwagon. While it's true that Hauby's are great for Sam in general use, they aren't great for Sam/Rng. OP is asking for Sam/Rng.

Siren.Maximillion said:
The thing is, axe grip should ONLY be used with fire staff. That's what they are saying. Hachiman domaru is a decent WS body, but the OP doesn't give a poop about gear swaps. Therefore, they suggested that he/she use hauby so they can TP faster since it's better than domaru in the long run....or something like that. Anyway, time to fap.
You get the same TP gain with Domaru + Axe Grip (a teeny weeny bit more with +2 more sTP) as you do with Haub + Rose Strap. But with the Domaru + Axe Grip, you get to keep all the goodies without sacrificing more STR, WSACC, and +2 more sTP for the same stuff and a lil less sTP.

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
A sam/rng in dynamis should not be using pure standard ranged attacks as a vessel for TP at any point. The whole idea of SAM/RNG is Soboro... even Yoichi SAMs will TP with the Soboro and WS with the Yoichi.
I was referring to Sidewinder being the ranged attack.

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I'm suggesting Hauby TP/Domaru WS! I was presuming the OP meant not pure ranged for TP (level RNG) since his initial build involved a Walahra Turban, a Thunder Ring and such.
Exactly, and if you read the OP they don't like gear swaps, which is why I'm suggesting that the OP would just get the most benefit out of just TP'ing and WS'ing in Domaruuuuu for their convenience instead of wearing a Hauby and doing less damage in Sidewinders and having to gear swap.
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-18 04:15:22
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Argettio said:
Ragnarok.Zephyran said:

Xarc Demons need ~420 acc to cap (more than

Xarc NMs can need even more.

So some dynamis mobs certainly aren't easy to hit. And the OP did not specify which zone. And according to their profile, they have access to all the zones except Tav.

And I am not sure why you use THF as a measure of accuracy.

A good THF will have as much (if not more) acc than any other 1 handed job. A- skill, high DEX and Homam.
Lol... THF mob... Thief Monsters... they have Evasion Bonus, makes it so you miss occasionally when swinging at them.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-18 04:21:34
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
they don't like gear swaps

Shouldn't be playing SAM/RNG if they don't like gear swapping in particular... the gear you need is just so separate in many cases. Whatever advice we give would just result in a gimp SAM/RNG in the end so there's no real point...
Quote:
While it's true that Hauby's are great for Sam in general use, they aren't great for Sam/Rng.

You're still TPing in it aren't you? Hauby is the general TP body for general use on SAM... you WS in Osode or Domaru unless you're using Polearm, so the uses are the same.
Quote:
You get the same TP gain with Domaru + Axe Grip (a teeny weeny bit more with +2 more sTP) as you do with Haub + Rose Strap. But with the Domaru + Axe Grip, you get to keep all the goodies without sacrificing more STR, WSACC, and +2 more sTP for the same stuff and a lil less sTP.

Accuracy. And no, with that set you will most definitely be nowhere near cap, probably even with sushi...
Quote:
I was referring to Sidewinder being the ranged attack.

You need both a TP and a WS set, bare minimum. If you're not gear swapping because you "don't like it", just try getting past your reluctance and you'll find you will have a lot more fun because you will be performing far better. OP should not only be concerned with a ranged set and especially not with a hybrid set.
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-18 04:24:16
Link | Citer | R

Only thing that sucks is because of SAM's mediocre skill cap in archery you need a *** of R.acc in your sidewinder gear setup than a RNG ever would meaning you can't modify it to its full potential. However, I suppose the quickness of TP gain via being samurai and soboro make up for it.

But personally I wouldn't /RNG for anything tougher than merit mobs.

Most likely better off using polearm when in need for piercing damage.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-02-18 04:24:21
Link | Citer | R

I really hate to break it to you, but Haub > Domaru if you aren't swapping gear.

SAM is built on WS Frequency opposed to damage, it just happens to be that general SAM WS's are the most potent of all due to their GK modifiers (STR 75%).

If I had to choose between the two, Hauby.

And yes, I do have SAM.

EDIT: Woah, posts snook in >_>

My post was directed more at Zeph.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-18 04:25:18
Link | Citer | R

(Ok I miss read the bit about THF mobs)

But you still missed my point.

A cookie cutter 2handed DD (with A grade skill) will sit around 380-400 acc before food. A SAM/RNG will be around 350 (when using their bow)

Saying hitting dynamis mobs is easy is a false generalisation. City mobs are pretty easy to cap hit rate, but northlands and some CoP mobs require significantly more accuracy than you are giving them credit for.

I have already said that Hauby isn't great for sidewinder. But if you are never going to swap gear; Hauby is the best option.

Haste, Accuracy and attack are the primary concerns for a TP build. TPing in STR will do virtually nothing for your DoT (compared to the other options that are available).
 Asura.Artemicion
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-18 04:28:46
Link | Citer | R

It was pretty awesome when utilized correctly. I would do 1200-1400 sidewinders with ridiculous frequency on puks at mamool ja staging point back in the day, but when we got to mamools it would fail rather quick esp with thief mobs & warm up -_-
First Page 2 3 4