6hit
First Page 2
 Alexander.Jaiydon
Serveur: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Jaiydon
By Alexander.Jaiydon 2010-02-08 12:43:50
Link | Citer | R

What is the best 6hit for a sam w/o Raja's ring or Hachiman Kote +1s?
 Bismarck.Maxse
Serveur: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-02-08 12:47:51
Link | Citer | R

During TP phase:

Chiv chain +1
Brutal earring +1
Hachiman kote NQ +8

That along with merits can get you a "getto 6 hit"(5 more hits to 100 tp after landing a WS on the mob). If you wear Chiv chain(1), brutal earring(1), hachiman kote(8), and hachiman sute-ate(5).

Not 100% sure if this is your best option but it certainly isnt a bad one and it is fairly easy to achieve.
[+]
 Phoenix.Haltro
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Haltro
By Phoenix.Haltro 2010-02-08 12:48:19
Link | Citer | R

I used Hachi Kotes and Rose Strap during TP and Hachi Feet and Rose strap during WS. Maintained more than enough to keep 6 hit so I could use PCC, Fuma Feet and Kusha's/Lava's rings.
Edit: Obviously involves 5/5 STP merits.
 Alexander.Jaiydon
By Alexander.Jaiydon 2010-02-08 12:51:26
Link | Citer | R

if i had brutal earring i would have Rajas lol
 Asura.Maswan
Serveur: Asura
user: Maswan
By Asura.Maswan 2010-02-08 12:52:58
Link | Citer | R

When they say chiv chain +1 it means the amount of stp it has on it^^
 Bismarck.Maxse
Serveur: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-02-08 12:53:18
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Jaiydon said:
im pretty sure theres no chiv chain +1 and if i had brutal earring im pretty sure id have raja's lol

I mean there is 1 store tp on chiv chain.

And brutal is way easier to get than rajas tbh but if you dont have one that does change things.
[+]
 Alexander.Jaiydon
By Alexander.Jaiydon 2010-02-08 12:58:40
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Alexander.Jaiydon said:
im pretty sure theres no chiv chain 1 and if i had brutal earring im pretty sure id have raja's lol

I mean there is 1 store tp on chiv chain.

And brutal is way easier to get than rajas tbh but if you dont have one that does change things.

ahh i get the chiv chain +1 now lol that 1 kinda threw me off but even with hachiman kote NQ chiv chain and brutal thats only +10 STP u need +11 with full merits right?
 Phoenix.Haltro
By Phoenix.Haltro 2010-02-08 12:58:45
Link | Citer | R

What I used. The one he's recommending requires a WS as the first hit to have a 6 hit, which is like he said, a ghetto 6 hit.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=121715 TP
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=121718 WS
 Ragnarok.Inga
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Inga
By Ragnarok.Inga 2010-02-08 13:01:08
Link | Citer | R

I use;

Rose Strap
Brutal Earring
Chiv Chain
Raja's Ring

which gives me a nice 6hit without sacrificing haste, if you don't have rajas ring or brutal earring you'll need to use hachiman kote, and you could also drop the chiv chain and use PCC instead because of the large gain in store TP, however if you do not have a rose strap or do not have access to it by now, you'll have to make a choice between Hachiman Hakama or Sune-Ate.
[+]
 Titan.Gannonman
Serveur: Titan
user: Gannonman
By Titan.Gannonman 2010-02-08 13:01:34
Link | Citer | R

Ok, after reading you don't have sea yet I'd suggest Hachiman Kote/Hachiman Feet STP +8 and +5 this assumes you have capped 5/5 Store TP merits or it'd work even with 4/5. This is probably the easier way to do it. I'm assuming you have a Hagun in this or Onimaru at least, but if you don't have capped Store TP merits or near it, try for a Rindomaru with decent stats I suppose to get that 6 hit, but the second you can hit that 6 hit without the Rindo, lose it and grab an Onimaru (if you don't have cash like me for a Hagun, I know I know ENM ENM, just unlucky on drops) or if you have a Hagun, use it.

When/if you get sea, then you have a little bit more variety than Hachiman Gear. Also if you don't like what I have to say here, just call in Vegetto to this thread and that'll pretty much /endthread after he's done telling you ways to achieve this.

I'm not a main SAM and don't claim to be so if you disagree with things said, then that's fine, I don't pride myself on my SAM, I do have a 6 hit, but def not the best build, just made a couple easy suggestions.
 Alexander.Jaiydon
By Alexander.Jaiydon 2010-02-08 13:01:37
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Haltro said:
What I used. The one he's recommending requires a WS as the first hit to have a 6 hit, which is like he said, a ghetto 6 hit.

where do u get Sortie Ring?
 Phoenix.Haltro
By Phoenix.Haltro 2010-02-08 13:02:00
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Inga said:
I use;

Rose Strap
Brutal Earring
Chiv Chain
Raja's Ring

which gives me a nice 6hit without sacrificing haste, if you don't have rajas ring or brutal earring you'll need to use hachiman kote, and you could also drop the chiv chain and use PCC instead because of the large gain in store TP, however if you do not have a rose strap or do not have access to it by now, you'll have to make a choice between Hachiman Hakama or Sune-Ate.

The whole question was how to do it without a Rajas Ring.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sesshoumarusama
Serveur: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Sesshoumarusama 2010-02-08 13:03:10
Link | Citer | R

Going to link from his other post that he removed as a couple of us were respond to it: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=7587&page=1#389773
 Phoenix.Haltro
By Phoenix.Haltro 2010-02-08 13:03:23
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Jaiydon said:
Phoenix.Haltro said:

where do u get Sortie Ring?

From a Goblin in Batllia S, its not really an important piece for the set.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-08 13:08:07
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Sesshoumarusama said:
Going to link from his other post that he removed as a couple of us were respond to it: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=7587&page=1#389773

Moving some of the replies from the other post here before deleting:
Rose Strap 4
Shinimusha Haidate 6
Chiv Chain 1

If you have Byakko's Haidate then use that full time instead and get Hachiman Kote or Hachiman Sune-ate, but w/ the Sune-ate you'll need 1 more sTP from somewhere. Honestly, the first set I gave you would be your best choice.
Alexander.Jaiydon said:
Kujata.Argettio said:
Need 11 full timed (assuming merits)

TP
Rose 4
Hachiman kote 8
Total 12

WS
Rose 4
Hachiman Sune-ate 5
Total 9

Edit Chiv chain is never a good compromise for TPing. Ecp ring is far better (you only lose 1 acc instead of 5).

That is assuming he actually has a PCC or PCA.

i use spectacles which only has 3 acc less
(Also, moving to Samurai forums.)
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2010-02-08 13:09:24
Link | Citer | R

You can use a variety of items to get there. If you don't have Rajas and don't want to use Hachiman Kote+1, then you could do this.

(Note: All these builds are under the assumption of 5/5 sTP merits

Without Byakko's Haidate or Full Usukane:

TP build:
Brutal Earring +1sTP
Shinimusha Haidate +6sTP
Rose Strap +4sTP

WS build:
Rose Strap +4sTP
Hachiman Sun-ate +5sTP
Brutal Earring +1sTP
Chiv. Chain or Ecphoria Ring +1sTP

This build would allow you to make a True 6Hit without sacrificing too many slots. For TP build, being that Byakko's isn't an option in this build, Shinimusha isn't a bad leg piece for the sTP. It will allow you to put Haste in EVERY other position that you can do so with (like Dusk Hands, Fuma Sun-ate, Wally Turban, Swift Belt, etc.) And in the WS build, if you use Chiv. Chain fulltime, then it doesn't take up a Ring slot... if you don't then, you would either have to go with Chiv.Chain over a Sea Gorget/Justice Torque/PCC, or Lose a Ring Slot for Ecphoria Ring. Now, I personally would preferring the Chiv.Chain over losing that Ring Slot, but thats because I dont have any of the other three necks right now. Also, this WS build allows you to macro in stuff like Alky Bracelets, Shura Kabuto or AMK head, etc. with a MINIMAL loss of +STR gear.

Now With Byakko's Haidate:

TP build:
Hachiman Kote (NQ) +8sTP
Rose Strap +4sTP

WS build:
Same as without Byakko's Haidate

Unfortunately, with Byakko's Haidate on, you don't have a Ton of options for sTP unless you wanna do something like Askar Body or Hachiman pieces. In the TP build above, you sacrifice the least number of slots you need to for sTP. Also, it gives a slightly above the minimum sTP needed for the 6hit. These aren't too hard to obtain either, except for maybe the Rose Strap.

Edit: Because he is missing Brutal, I'm gonna add one more thing with no explaination.

TP:

Without Byakko's Haidate:
TP build:
Chiv. Chain +1sTP
Shinimusha Haidate +6sTP
Rose Strap +4sTP

WS build:
Rose Strap +4sTP
Hachiman Sun-ate +5sTP
Chiv. Chain +1sTP
Ecphoria Ring +1sTP
 Phoenix.Haltro
By Phoenix.Haltro 2010-02-08 13:10:23
Link | Citer | R

Said he didn't have Brutal Earring.
Edit: What Ukiyan said is pretty much exactly the gear sets I showed you.
 Phoenix.Haltro
By Phoenix.Haltro 2010-02-08 13:11:22
Link | Citer | R

Also, do not use Askar body.
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2010-02-08 13:13:53
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Haltro said:
I agree with your statement, but I put it out there because it is an option... not a good one though.
 Phoenix.Haltro
By Phoenix.Haltro 2010-02-08 13:16:12
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
Phoenix.Haltro said:
I agree with your statement, but I put it out there because it is an option... not a good one though.

Haha yeah. ^^
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2010-02-08 13:20:11
Link | Citer | R

Might want to add... Full Usukane is an Automatic 6hit build if you have the sTP merits.... its obvious, but just incase anyone questioned why I didn't mention it before.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-02-08 13:25:26
Link | Citer | R

Get a rindomaru lol I got Store TP+14. Fairly cheap, and if you have stp fully merited you'll have a fulltime 6-hit.
 Phoenix.Haltro
By Phoenix.Haltro 2010-02-08 13:27:46
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Wardens said:
Get a rindomaru lol I got Store TP 14. Fairly cheap, and if you have stp fully merited you'll have a fulltime 6-hit.

He asked for the best 6-hit =P
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2010-02-08 13:30:23
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Wardens said:
Get a rindomaru lol I got Store TP 14. Fairly cheap, and if you have stp fully merited you'll have a fulltime 6-hit.
Yeah, tell him that and unfortunately his DMG will suffer. Hagun > Rindomaru. Its not like he has to greatly alter a basic build to get the sTP without Rindomaru. Also, Rindo requires LUCK to get the right attributes. The builds we are giving him are guaranteed and much easier to get if he campaigns for Rose Strap.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-02-08 13:47:41
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Haltro said:
Lakshmi.Wardens said:

He asked for the best 6-hit =P

then why are we not putting in rajas and brutal? :P doesn't make sense.

this would all be about usukane, hagun, rajas, brutal, etc.

and because going to get 2.5mil to get a hagun, and all that gear is so much easier than "luck" for an instant unlimited 6-hit... >.> screw you guys. i'm just putting my 2 cents in. i don't have a hagun yet, so i just stick with 19-20% haste and my rindo with stp+14, ws acc+6, and ws dmg+5%.
 Titan.Gannonman
Serveur: Titan
user: Gannonman
By Titan.Gannonman 2010-02-08 13:52:01
Link | Citer | R

We are not mentioning them because this.
Alexander.Jaiydon said:
if i had brutal earring i would have Rajas lol
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-02-08 13:52:09
Link | Citer | R

this is kinda a funny build but the only thing not from the AH is Walmart turban, but c'mon it's basically from the AH if you buy the coins.

assumes full store TP merits. has just enough for a 6-hit hagun.

attila's earrings and bushido cape are scoffed at usually, but they let him use all haste gear. otherwise you'd use fowling/minuet and then use hachi hands and amemet mantle+1. zanshin & haste+3 attack +5 > acc+6 dex+1 str+7 attack+25? i don't know. (kote+1 aren't included because of rarity.)

i proposed this build to a sam in my ls who isn't done w/ COP yet. he has haub+1 and hagun. rose strap could replace pole grip to do away w/ the atillas and bushido cape as well, but i wanted to make the build pure AH (bar walmart turban).

what do you think?
 Phoenix.Haltro
By Phoenix.Haltro 2010-02-08 13:53:44
Link | Citer | R

Wont let me quote Wardens but the entire question was asking for the best 6-hit without Rajas or Hachi Hands +1, he also said he had no Brutal Earring.
 Phoenix.Haltro
By Phoenix.Haltro 2010-02-08 13:58:08
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Ghlin said:
this is kinda a funny build but the only thing not from the AH is Walmart turban, but c'mon it's basically from the AH if you buy the coins.

Invalid Item Set

assumes full store TP merits. has just enough for a 6-hit hagun.

attila's earrings and bushido cape are scoffed at usually, but they let him use all haste gear. otherwise you'd use fowling/minuet and then use hachi hands and amemet mantle 1. zanshin & haste 3 attack 5 > acc 6 dex 1 str 7 attack 25? i don't know. (kote 1 aren't included because of rarity.)

i proposed this build to a sam in my ls who isn't done w/ COP yet. he has haub 1 and hagun. rose strap could replace pole grip to do away w/ the atillas and bushido cape as well, but i wanted to make the build pure AH (bar walmart turban).

what do you think?

I know it's everyones instant reaction to hate Atilla's Earrings and Bushido cape, including me. (Using your entire back slot for a single STP is just silly) But honestly it wouldn't be... terrible, just could be better.
First Page 2