Annoyed at my WS's
First Page 2 3
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-04 12:45:48
Link | Citer | R

I dont get to play SAM very often, but today I got in a merit pt on my SAM and I found out my WS's suck big time

They were doing everything between 500-1500 gekko and kasha, but mostly they were around 800, gratned i only have 3/5 overwhelm but I should be able to do better than that me thinks. And I seem to miss my WS completey alot more than I would want to, on chain 200 I probably missed like 10-15 ws's which to me seems to be alot.

I got 8/8 GKT merits and 5/5 STR merits.

With hasso and food (mithkabob) my ws set has STR 80 + 52. I want more consistancy in my ws's, I'd rather hit 1k every time than 500 sometimes and 1500 sometimes, its really annoying.

This is the ws set im using atm.

I'm thinking about getting ws pants and ws feet, but I'm not willing to work my *** for it if i dont absolutely have to, as I said, i dont get to play SAM a whole lot.

Anyway, I would like some input/suggestions on how to stabilize my WS's

Edit: Because of my TP set I cant swap out any STP gear for my WS's

Edit2:

Also according to FFXI calculator with my current TP set I only reach 88.5 % ACC on birds.... I have no idea where to squeeze in more acc without sacrificing haste or STP

TP set:
 Fairy.Vegetto
Serveur: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-04 12:52:32
Link | Citer | R

There's a lot of work to be done with this one.

Gorget first of all, defeinitely.
You're ws'ing in fuma and byakko's, no str in either slots.

Most importnatly, you're using y/g/k. Swap to polearm and let the pentas fly.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-04 12:54:05
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
There's a lot of work to be done with this one.

Gorget first of all, defeinitely.
You're ws'ing in fuma and byakko's, no str in either slots.

Most importnatly, you're using y/g/k. Swap to polearm and let the pentas fly.

No polearm merits, and not sure I wanna delete 8 merits just to put it on polearm for penta in bird merit pt's
 Cerberus.Dracionx
Serveur: Cerberus
user: dracionx
By Cerberus.Dracionx 2010-02-04 12:55:54
Link | Citer | R

Add A weapon skill gorget, shura haidate, Rutter sabatons
that will give you more of what your looking for
 Bismarck.Maxse
Serveur: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-02-04 12:57:25
Link | Citer | R

I think you are elvaan by 80 str as that is sam/war75 with full str merits I believe.

Get the +2STR rse ammo.

Sea gorget for neck, in the meantime chiv chain to make up for the 1 stp you will lose getting rid of ecphoria for ws.

If you have osode use it over haub for ws when meriting.

Str ring for l.ring

Enkidus leggs till usu legs till hichiryu legs.

Hachiman feet till rutters.
[+]
 Bahamut.Satanas
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-02-04 12:57:49
Link | Citer | R

switch neck with chivalrous chain, legs for myochin haidate, feet for hachiman sune-ate, if you cant switch ecphoria ring because you lose 6-hit build, than i have to ask do you have stp fully meritd and what hands are you using to tp with? also on missing ws's on colibri is just how it goes for most sam's, we focus on the str build for our ygk ws, i dont know the math to give you acc on ws gear against colibri, but belive me, your not the only one missin that many weaponskils in a colibri party lol
 Seraph.Antonious
Serveur: Seraph
user: Antonious
By Seraph.Antonious 2010-02-04 12:58:01
Link | Citer | R

Extremely cost effecient quick fix:

Swap out

PCC > Chiv Chain
Ecophoria Ring > Ruby Ring
Fuma's > Hachiman Sune-Ate

That'll give +9 Str. and +2 to WS ACC for a low low cost.

(In before "go 8/8 polearm and use that")

Edit: Wow, I'm Slow lol
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-04 12:59:01
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Antonious said:
Extremely cost effecient qick fix:

Swap out

PCC > Chiv Chain
Ecophoria Ring > Ruby Ring
Fuma's > Hachiman Sune-Ate

That'll give 9 Str. and 2 to WS ACC for a low low cost.

(In before "go 8/8 polearm and use that")

again, because of my 6-hit build i cant swap any stp gear for ws's :(
 Ramuh.Urial
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-02-04 13:00:16
Link | Citer | R

hell by switching to hachiman feet it would allow you to keep the STP at what you need and switch in a flame or ruby ring that alone is a 6-7 str jump, then adding shura, or even af pants for ws is another 3-5.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-04 13:01:22
Link | Citer | R

Maybe i should add that im not using windower so a 50 line gear swap macro isnt available for me lol
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-04 13:02:33
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Urial said:
hell by switching to hachiman feet it would allow you to keep the STP at what you need and switch in a flame or ruby ring that alone is a 6-7 str jump, then adding shura, or even af pants for ws is another 3-5.

The whole point of my tp set is to have a 6-hit build and maintain 20% haste with that.
 Ramuh.Urial
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-02-04 13:03:17
Link | Citer | R

I use basic 6 line macro's and go from
this

to this(except id be using teh rose strap with this ws, i have both my 17% and 20% tp build linked to this one set for ws)

Yes the swap i said would only apply on your WS so it would keep you at the 6-hit yes you are subtracting 1 stp from the ring but you are adding from the boots and gaining strength. who cares about your amount of haste while you WS.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-02-04 13:05:05
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Maybe i should add that im not using windower so a 50 line gear swap macro isnt available for me lol

best swap if you are limited on lines would be str ring and chiv chain to mantian same store tp and get most new str.

but really what you should be shooting for at least is sea gorget, str ring, and hachiman feet to maintain your store tp build.
 Seraph.Antonious
By Seraph.Antonious 2010-02-04 13:06:57
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Seraph.Antonious said:
Extremely cost effecient qick fix: Swap out PCC > Chiv Chain Ecophoria Ring > Ruby Ring Fuma's > Hachiman Sune-Ate That'll give 9 Str. and 2 to WS ACC for a low low cost. (In before "go 8/8 polearm and use that")

Your picking up 5STP from the feet, and 1STP from the neck..your not losing anything there. With full STP merits you obtain the 6 hit from those 3 pieces(raja's, hachiman, chiv)
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-04 13:07:07
Link | Citer | R

Shura pants would be nice, but that falls in to the cathegory "work my *** of for it" since my ls isnt doing sky, and I have no plans to join a sky ls just for those either. The ls im in is busy enough as it is ><
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-02-04 13:07:15
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Also according to FFXI calculator with my current TP set I only reach 88.5 % ACC on birds.... I have no idea where to squeeze in more acc without sacrificing haste or STP

The only way i can think of to get more acc but not sacrifice ANY haste/6-hit would be to upgrade to Haub+1 and get Bushi, if that's not an option and you want to be hitting capped acc you'll need to lose a haste slot, possibly aces helm or something along those lines.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-04 13:09:06
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Antonious said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Seraph.Antonious said:
Extremely cost effecient qick fix: Swap out PCC > Chiv Chain Ecophoria Ring > Ruby Ring Fuma's > Hachiman Sune-Ate That'll give 9 Str. and 2 to WS ACC for a low low cost. (In before "go 8/8 polearm and use that")

Your picking up 5STP from the feet, and 1STP from the neck..your not losing anything there. With full STP merits you obtain the 6 hit from those 3 pieces(raja's, hachiman, chiv)

The whole point of my tp set is to have a 6-hit build and maintain 20% haste with that. Hachi feet would put me at 17% haste
 Bahamut.Satanas
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-02-04 13:11:26
Link | Citer | R

for ws set dummy not to tp with :)
 Seraph.Antonious
By Seraph.Antonious 2010-02-04 13:12:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Satanas said:

Thank you Satanas...He was starting to confuse me for a second. :P
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-04 13:12:09
Link | Citer | R

WS in hachi feet, not TP in them. You gain 2 str from that then can swap in another str+5 in place of ecphoria for +7 str, while still maintaining your 20% haste tp build.
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2010-02-04 13:14:27
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Antonious said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Seraph.Antonious said:
Well, being that Brutal is in his WS set. If he gets Justice Torque, he could still hit a 6hit with Rajas, Haciman feet, and Brutal (it has +1 STP, don't forget) provided he has capped STP which I'm sure he does.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-02-04 13:15:05
Link | Citer | R

No one is telling you to melee in hachiman feet zanno.

Having 50 STP during ws phase (25 traits + 10 merits + 15 gear [1 brutal + 4 rose + 5 rajas + 5 hachiman) Makes you only need 45 for ws phase as long as your weapon skill doesnt miss it will only take you 5 more hits for 100 tp, I know its a getto 6 hit but it works well, only downfall is iff you miss youll be at 99%tp after 6 hits.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-04 13:15:37
Link | Citer | R

Gorget > justice torque for ws
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-04 13:15:45
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Satanas said:

doh, im tired -.-

SE needs to give more macro lines.

@ Celestinia

checked the calculator and hauby +1 would put me at 90%

hauby +1 and ace would put me at 93.5

sucks to be elvaan ><
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-02-04 13:17:02
Link | Citer | R

I don't even know what to say without other Stp gear to swap in to keep 6 hit there isn't many options to add things in to make it better.

Side note* If you don't sam much and are 8/8 GK you could do 8/8 in polearm or even 4GK and 4Pole..and since you aren't going sam much would you really miss them all that much? And it would make merit pt's so much for fun with much more consistant damage all around which in a way is what you are looking but not in the way you wanted to hear.

Back to OP only thing to change would be..
Byakko > Shura
Haub > Haub+1 or Osode for ws
Fuma > Ritter(sp) or Askar
PCC > Gorget if no Gorget is Kubira beads better than pcc?
Lightning Bow+1 > Tiphia maybe or Black Tath
Fowling Earring > triumph?

I know some of these might be a pretty big reach but not much to work with..

*I hope this information is helpful I DO NOT proclaim to be a sam expert at all..and plz don't judge me by my sam's gear lol..I am in the same boat as you and never play sam..its just my fun job.
 Seraph.Antonious
By Seraph.Antonious 2010-02-04 13:20:18
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
Seraph.Antonious said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Seraph.Antonious said:
Well, being that Brutal is in his WS set. If he gets Justice Torque, he could still hit a 6hit with Rajas, Haciman feet, and Brutal (it has 1 STP, don't forget) provided he has capped STP which I'm sure he does.

Yea, I didn't even notice the Brutal, thanks^^
Not knowing what he was able to obtain is why I went with the cheapest possible fix (hence the Chiv Chain, Hachi feet, and Ruby). All very cheap and all AH buyable.
Obviously Zan, there are better pieces, but this will accomplish what your looking for at low cost.
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-02-04 13:22:44
Link | Citer | R

I'm no Sam, but you have a Maat's cap, Get a hauby+1! >.> Especially if you're elvaan.
Also, random side note, do you switch your earrings from ear 1 <> ear 2 between tp and ws? :D
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-04 13:25:31
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Zorander said:
I don't even know what to say without other Stp gear to swap in to keep 6 hit there isn't many options to add things in to make it better.

Side note* If you don't sam much and are 8/8 GK you could do 8/8 in polearm or even 4GK and 4Pole..and since you aren't going sam much would you really miss them all that much? And it would make merit pt's so much for fun with much more consistant damage all around which in a way is what you are looking but not in the way you wanted to hear.

Back to OP only thing to change would be..
Byakko > Shura
Haub > Haub 1 or Osode for ws
Fuma > Ritter(sp) or Askar
PCC > Gorget if no Gorget is Kubira beads better than pcc?
Lightning Bow 1 > Tiphia maybe or Black Tath
Fowling Earring > triumph?

I know some of these might be a pretty big reach but not much to work with..

*I hope this information is helpful I DO NOT proclaim to be a sam expert at all..and plz don't judge me by my sam's gear lol..I am in the same boat as you and never play sam..its just my fun job.

well im thinking that if my acc with 8/8 GKT merits is 88.5% then its gotta be horrible with polearm, unless i pretty much drop all haste and got full acc, like tp'ing in o-hat and such lol.

As i said, my ls isnt doing sky so getting shura is not an option unless i wanna pay for them, which I really dont. Triumph earring would be 900k for 1 extra str for a job I use maybe once every 2 months. I'm working to get sea gorget though. getting my hands on hauby +1, well my wallet wont let me do that atm, neither do i afford black tanthlum.

I've been discussing with a freind about the DEX +3 from lightning bow +1 is worse than tiphia, but after putting the nr's in FFXI calc it gives the same amount of acc, although if i can add 1 more dex somewhere acc would go from 88.5 to 89
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-04 13:26:13
Link | Citer | R

Use sushi w/ polearm. It's still better than gkt on birds. Crab sushi pretty much the same price as kabobs.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-04 13:27:09
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Altar said:
I'm no Sam, but you have a Maat's cap, Get a hauby 1! >.> Especially if you're elvaan.
Also, random side note, do you switch your earrings from ear 1 <> ear 2 between tp and ws? :D

Maat's Cap = Free , Hauby +1 ~3 mil lol
First Page 2 3