Finally got 2 yovra organs
 Alexander.Helder
Serveur: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-01-25 23:46:21
Link | Citer | R

Gonna be using this for penta for Sam.

What kind of difference should I see over PCC? I'd just go merit with it but im 4 freaking hpemde organs away, I was soloing for hours and only got 3 on the om'hpemde class.

Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-01-25 23:52:53
Link | Citer | R

Slightly less than a 2% increase in damage. Penta Thrust is a 1.0 fTP WS (since it's not "damage varies with TP"), and it's 5 hits before DA. Shadow Gorget adds 0.1 fTP and fTP is only applied to the first hit, so...

1.1/1.0=10%/5=2% minus some from additional hits via DA.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-26 00:00:11
Link | Citer | R

Well I'd say without doing lots of math that it will probably float around a little more than 2%. While true it will be less if you hit more. It will be more when you hit less. The odds of you missing just 1 are alot higher than double attack has of even hitting.

Also same acc of PCC and some increase in dmg. That being said love/ancient torque might be better choices. Love may or may not be more dmg. The dex alone wont push you into 2%ish but the attack might.
Ancient wont be as much dmg but is more acc.
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2010-01-26 00:30:14
Link | Citer | R

Love torque is the best for penta, but barely. Shadow Gorget is a nice runner up though.
 Valefor.Fekye
Serveur: Valefor
user: fekye
By Valefor.Fekye 2010-01-26 01:03:24
Link | Citer | R

Shadow Gorget is nice the difference is so small against Love Torque it's hard to tell the difference + it works for Kasha :D

Shadow gorget ftw!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-26 01:43:44
Link | Citer | R

Personally I don't like shadow/light gorgets. The UFO organs are the only ones you have to worry about and those take two while covering the same amount of Wss. Now sure sometimes they cover more than one you want... but you could've just gotten 2 gorgets and covered those wss and some others you may want to use in the future.

Now obviously since penta is only shadow this is different but as already said it really doesn't add that much and there are other things that work just about as good or better.
 Alexander.Helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-01-26 07:44:52
Link | Citer | R

Yea I only have Sam as a dd so this is kind of more of a finishing touch, the fact that I won't be doing sea for atleast 8-10 months and lovetorque is such a rare drop jailor of love won't be popped very often this is my alternative. I also hae snow gorget so this completes all my SAMs WS except sidewinder but I don't use Sam/rng and I doubt a gorget for sidewinder would do Any real dmg because of the 5.0 ftp. I have pcc so the 10 acc is negated.

I am aware I don't have any usu but I can't bring myself to do salvage, my Sam with this is pretty much done for the time I'm willing to put into the game except for a few more finishing touches like tomoe, the 8 att and 8 head znm piece and the rest is just +1's
 Alexander.Helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-01-26 08:28:12
Link | Citer | R

Actually I just realized it affects sidewinder by 2% same as penta.

5.1/5.0 = 1.02 = 2% for sidewinder

1.1/1.0 = 1.10 = 10%/5 hits = 2% for 1st hit of penta.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Serveur: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-27 10:31:49
Link | Citer | R

It's a 10% increase to the first hit of penta, or a 2% increase to penta (assuming 5 hits)

It is correct.

Can look at it like this way.

Penta has 1.0 ftp per hit. = 5.0. Gorget adds .1 to the first hit. Now your total is 5.1

5.1/5.0 = 2% increase, the same as winder.
 Alexander.Helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-01-27 14:07:14
Link | Citer | R

So a 1400 penta turns into a 1426 penta if 1st hit lands.

1400/5= 260/10 =26.

Nothing crazy but I suppose the 10 acc to all hits is the bread and butter.

Finally got the gorget btw should be meriting sometime this week to check it out.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Serveur: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-27 14:16:10
Link | Citer | R

Well, not 100% sure about attack, but we know that the first hit for any ws gets an acc bonus. If this is the case for attack as well, then the first hit may be worth more than the following 4.
 Alexander.Helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-01-27 14:34:28
Link | Citer | R

You have a point, I know about the Generally accepted theory that gekko gets 100% attack bonus but yuki and kasha get different values in the bonus.

I wonder if there are any theories regarding penta for 1st hit.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-27 15:15:39
Link | Citer | R

Wouldn't be too aweful hard to figure out. Kill your accuracy SA a penta and record the ones that only 1 hit connected and see if that falls within what your hi/low crit pdifs should be for your Cratio. Granted you'll need to either find a mob with known def or compeletely make sure you low cap your Cratio.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-01-27 17:00:50
Link | Citer | R

Penta and Guillotine used to get an attack penalty I believe, but that was removed some time back. Or maybe they had an accuracy penalty at 100 TP like Slugwinder, I don't remember. I've never noticed any returns that suggested an Attack bonus on the first hit from Penta; that seems to be restricted to specific WS like YGK, Steel Cyclone, Spinning Slash, and Ground Strike.