Casual Player Asks Amidoinitrite?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Casual Player asks amidoinitrite?
Casual Player asks amidoinitrite?
 Pandemonium.Yekyaa
Serveur: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Yekyaa
By Pandemonium.Yekyaa 2009-12-12 00:13:42
Link | Citer | R

Ok, how's this for a non-USU 6-hit WS Setup?
It's +58 STR (with Champion's Galea). I could easily come by the NQ of Shura Haidate which
gives still one more than Enkidu's Subligar and would only be +57.

Also, I have both Forager's and Smilodon +1 so I can
use Smilodon+1 for Gekko and Forager's for the others.
 Pandemonium.Yekyaa
By Pandemonium.Yekyaa 2009-12-12 00:15:43
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Um really you can get more store tp and similar accuracy easy on sam anyways. Hell you can even go with askar and get double attack str and attack with store tp assuming your acc is fine. Sam seems to be one of the jobs that just doesn't really benefit from ACP. Thf is awesome cause well they kinda get crap otherwise for bodys.

K, so just do Acc+10 DW+3 to benefit both NIN and THF or just stick with Acc+10 Atk+10?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-12 00:18:25
Link | Citer | R

Oh don't forget Arco De Velocidad or Black Tathlum And Ifrit's Bow
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-12-12 00:18:42
Link | Citer | R

This is what my brother uses and is quiet happy with it. It's another way of doing it with a bit more double attack added in.

But, yeah that set looks good imo.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-12 00:21:00
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Yekyaa said:
K, so just do Acc 10 DW 3 to benefit both NIN and THF or just stick with Acc 10 Atk 10?
Really dependent on what you fight and with what. Personally since I don't have nin and I generally am fighting things with capped or near capped acc I do 10acc/att for pretty much the best DE peice outside of skadi. But if you need the acc mirke with DW and acc might beat rapparee. And I really don't know what nin has so yeah no clue there.
 Pandemonium.Yekyaa
By Pandemonium.Yekyaa 2009-12-12 00:22:45
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:

This is what my brother uses and is quiet happy with it. It's another way of doing it with a bit more double attack added in.

But, yeah that set looks good imo.

Ok so then WS
Swap Forager's/Smilodon+1 depending on WS

New TP Gear Goal to go with the above WS Set
(Swap Woodsmen/Ulthalam's depending on location)

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Black Tathlum I think is outside my realm of ownership as is Ifrit's Bow.
Arco De Velocidad I could probably solo or get some SMN friend's of mine
to help me out (as I have SMN75 as well ^^ )
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-12 00:26:29
Link | Citer | R

YEah I thought Ifrits was too. Not that I have but I have done the quest before and I don't even have smn. Out of the full allaince we started with I think I was one of 3 non smn lol. But yeah get some smn friends together shout a bit for it and might be able to get a group together for Waking the beast.

Caution it is a long and painful thing and everyone has to fight all 6 main avatars for no real reward just to get acess to the final fight that drops the stuffs. So can take awhile specially all that running around. But an allaince of smns just wrecks that ***.
 Pandemonium.Yekyaa
By Pandemonium.Yekyaa 2009-12-12 00:32:00
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
YEah I thought Ifrits was too. Not that I have but I have done the quest before and I don't even have smn. Out of the full allaince we started with I think I was one of 3 non smn lol. But yeah get some smn friends together shout a bit for it and might be able to get a group together for Waking the beast.

Caution it is a long and painful thing and everyone has to fight all 6 main avatars for no real reward just to get acess to the final fight that drops the stuffs. So can take awhile specially all that running around. But an allaince of smns just wrecks that ***.

I'll look into Waking the Beast and see if I can manage to get that many
folks together long enough to do a full run.
I know I've had the quest flagged for ages.
Thanks for the tip on SMNs tearing it up. They pretty much do the same
to the final Shantotto fight as well. Pleasantly surprised was I as most
strategies insisted on dying after killing one.
Noone even died in the successful 5xSMN run I did.

EDIT: I need to stop posting now, bedtime. I'll check it again in the morning before I head to work.
Thanks again for the great tips guys!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-12 00:34:15
Link | Citer | R

Lol yeah whole disposal magic resistant pets helps when fighting super primes+ elementals. Especially with the dmg they can put out.
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2009-12-12 01:33:44
Link | Citer | R

The whole reason to go with Ecphoria Ring/Rajas/Rose Strap/Brutal is because you lose less accuracy than you do with Chivalrous Chain in place of PCC. In your TP set actually, you lose NO accuracy with Ecphoria ring.

My suggestions, as someone who's crunched the numbers and had that 20% haste 6-hit build before usukane, use Rose/Rajas/Ecphoria/Brutal, get a PCC, and drop the Triumph Earring for a Fowling on TP set. Triumph is almost wasted space. The race card doesn't apply here, it's not netting you as much as a Fowling will.

Use this TP set: http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=77700

And this WS set: http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=103530

Adjust the sachet and gorget to whatever you have available. Those are sets to shoot for though, being a non-Usu SAM. If you don't believe me, I'll get Vegetto in this thread, as he's the one that showed me why and how they're superior.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Serveur: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-12-12 02:18:02
Link | Citer | R

If you'd like to you can slip the numbers after "id=" in those links into [itemset] tags and display them in the thread, Vincentius.

I do agree with Vincentius' sets though, as SAM, due to needing specific gear in specific amounts to achieve #-hit setups, very much fits into an exact sets of gear and those are essentially it given your gear options.
 Pandemonium.Yekyaa
By Pandemonium.Yekyaa 2009-12-12 09:51:21
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Vincentius said:
The whole reason to go with Ecphoria Ring/Rajas/Rose Strap/Brutal is because you lose less accuracy than you do with Chivalrous Chain in place of PCC. In your TP set actually, you lose NO accuracy with Ecphoria ring.

My suggestions, as someone who's crunched the numbers and had that 20% haste 6-hit build before usukane, use Rose/Rajas/Ecphoria/Brutal, get a PCC, and drop the Triumph Earring for a Fowling on TP set. Triumph is almost wasted space. The race card doesn't apply here, it's not netting you as much as a Fowling will.
Based on your first paragraph, the only thing I need change is go with
Fowling over Triumph Earring on the TP set as I'd lose 0 acc going with
Woodsman/Chiv Chain vs PCharm/Ecphoria.

Unfortunately at this time I must point out something that we've all neglected:
The Ecphoria Ring has +4 acc.

This means Chiv/Woodsman is losing +4acc vs PCharm/Ecphoria. However going with Fowling vs Triumph brings my net down to -1acc compared to the original set.

Until I reobtain a PCharm(bought/sold/reobtained/sold in the last year alone), this of course is more of an immediate change I can make for the TP set which I can easily do.

The Triumph Earring on TP set was more of a mistake anyway as I forgot I actually have a Fowling Earring, I just have never had an opportunity (considering my previous TP sets) to utilize it. Going with a Rose Strap instead presents the opportunity to dust it off.

This is an active change I can make ^^
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-12-12 12:27:31
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Midgardsormr.Frobeus said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I assume people don't have said friends lieing around. But like I said lowmannable or soloable
To my knowledge UFO's are soloable. Any kite method would result in taking them over water, and I don't see how anyone solo could overcome the regen.
I'll assume you mean aren't. Um well helixes kinda counter regen then throw in some nukes aspir/drains etc especially blinking your jas. Also they can be slepted and bound. Also supposedly a blm maybe rdm can just go crazy and 2hr them and hope it dies before they do run out doing only minimal kiting/sleep/binding. Don't really know if anyone else can. I suppose dnc/nin could probably hold them forever but not sure if they could do dmg fast enough

Just to input on the UFOs. A good BLM can solo the weaker ones with some skill and using 2hr. RDM can't. Not enough damage output and they will start resisting everything fairly quickly. Best setup to trio them in my opinion is a RDM, SCH, and a BLM. Helix and other DOTs etc etc. Really easy on the hard ones.
As for the Sam stuff. I'm sure I suck compared to some of these guys so I'll leave it to them.
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2009-12-12 21:50:53
Link | Citer | R

My basic suggestion was to just use the TP set I listed above, because it throws in the best possible stats you can have as a non-usukane 20% haste 6-hit. As soon as you get that PCC, get rid of the Chivalrous Chain as soon as you can also get a gorget for Y/G/K. I toyed around with that set for so long, and god it was just so beautiful. Even before I got full merits on my SAM, I was edging out other SAM's who were fully merited, that just went with the old-fashioned 6-hit sets that didn't include Usukane. The DoT increase from the extra 3% haste alone is shocking.

Just work as close as you can to those sets above, and you'll be good to go even without Usukane. Usu is sex, don't get me wrong, I absolutely love it. However, you can still perform damn well without it.
 Pandemonium.Yekyaa
By Pandemonium.Yekyaa 2009-12-12 22:28:43
Link | Citer | R

I do like your WS set, and I'm not denying the power of it. Sadly, Cuchulain's isn't something I forsee myself owning just yet. I just got Forager's and Alky bracelets to upgrade my TP and WS set.

Your WS setup is nice, but a 4.6mil backpiece for Acc+5 and STR+1 currently is outside my realm of ownership. Also being Mithra, I can't utilize the STR+1 satchet (DEX+1 AGI+1 for mine). Looking into Ifrit's/Arco de Velocidad. Regarding the Shura Haidate, don't own one yet, so in the meantime I was going to work on grabbing Fourth Schoss until I can go full on with Shura Haidate +1. For WS set, however, I do have the advantage of having Savage Gaiters over Rutter Sabatons as a go-to option for now.

Sea Gorgets are definitely on my list of things to try to accomplish, but in the meantime Bull Necklace isn't a bad filler option (especially If I'm going to campaign anyway, I already have the Rose Strap setup anyhow).

Regarding your choice on Galea: is STR+4 +2% WS Damage really that much better than WS Acc +15 STR+6?

EDIT: Schoss not Schuhs (legs not feet)
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Serveur: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-12-12 22:43:21
Link | Citer | R

Personally I'd skip HQ Shura legs in favor of Hachiryu if you're going to be plunking down that kind of money. SAM Y/G/K WS accuracy is capped in most situations so you're really only getting +1 STR out of those and spending a large amount on something subpar to Hachiryu leggies.
 Pandemonium.Yekyaa
By Pandemonium.Yekyaa 2009-12-12 22:52:31
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Caiyuo said:
Personally I'd skip HQ Shura legs in favor of Hachiryu if you're going to be plunking down that kind of money. SAM Y/G/K WS accuracy is capped in most situations so you're really only getting 1 STR out of those and spending a large amount on something subpar to Hachiryu leggies.

Hachiryu Haidate is 25mil if I were to purchase and I don't do nor have done ZNM, plus Sarameya is a LOOOONG road. Second, Shura Haidate +1 on my server is cheap to obtain. It's D.Legs from Byakko and a 2.5mil Cursed Haidate -1. 10% of the cost and only -4 STR to compare. Due to my situation (casual player) 2.5mil for me is easier to obtain than either 25mil or pop items for a ZNM version of Cerberus (which I still have never seen in person, let alone fought; either of them for that matter).

However, the +5 Acc wasn't what I was going for anyway as I have read that WS Acc is capped (95%) pretty much for Y/G/K and the Helm doesn't hurt in that aspect. I assure you, the Shura +1 suggestion wasn't for the Acc at all. It was more from a realist perspective. I'll probably never own Hachiryu Haidate, so if I'm going to get best I can for the legs, Shura +1 is it for me.
 Pandemonium.Yekyaa
By Pandemonium.Yekyaa 2009-12-12 22:58:49
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Yekyaa said:
Regarding your choice on Galea: is STR+4 +2% WS Damage really that much better than WS Acc +15 STR+6?
Nevermind about this question, since I just read this. It was covered just a few topics down from mine.

Turns out I forgot a step anyway.

STR+4 WSacc+15 AGI+4 WS Damage +2%
vs
STR+6 WSAcc+15 Haste +2%

Now I have to go redo my headpiece QQ
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2009-12-13 00:14:34
Link | Citer | R

Get the STR4/AGI4 WSacc+15/WSdmg+2%. It's even superior to Maat's Cap, albeit by a small amount. Not to mention it's a great helm for Penta Thrust, which is unbeatable by anything we currently have. Hissho Hachimaki is close, but not on par just due to the accuracy boost on this. 7 accuracy in most builds by far will outweigh the 5 or so attack gain Hissho has over this.

If you have any more questions, you can ask me in game ^^