Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Store TP+
Store TP+
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
Serveur: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Toufu
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-11-07 07:57:22
Link | Citer | R

I'd like to begin by saying: Why yes, I am quite lazy.

Onward, I've been on and off Samurai for a while and since I'd like to actually get some meriting done I decided to make an attempt at finishing it.

Quite frankly, I don't use Great Katana, but I'm curious to know if I really need to worry a whole lot about it. Currently, I have no plans to use Samurai outside Party/Merits.

And of course, once I hit 70, should I try and push for an xHit build, or wait until I fully Merit Store TP? In addition, how much Store TP will I need and what are some simple sources to get it?

For reference (Warning: The following sets are extremely gimp):

Current TP set(65)

Couse/PoleGrip/-/TiphSting
WalkureMask/PCA/CoralEar/CoralEar
Haubergeon/OchimushaKote/Sniper's/Sniper's
Ame+1/SwiftBelt/AFLegs/SarutobiKyahan

Current WS Set(65)

Swift Belt-> Life Belt.

Any advice of where to go from here would be appreciated. I'm sure that's quite obvious with my crap gear :p
 Fairy.Vegetto
Serveur: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 07:59:32
Link | Citer | R

Well if you're trying to get x-hit on polearm, then yes that'll have to wait till 75/merits. other than that you should be able to 6hit it w/ gear you currently have available at your lv (once you get the final non merit STP trait) unless I'm mistaken.

I'm sure you may need the lv 50 JSE though w/ the stp+ on it.
 Caitsith.Foliage
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Foliage
By Caitsith.Foliage 2009-11-07 09:38:49
Link | Citer | R

this all depends on the delay of your polearm. i'm guessing it's 480. off-hand, i don't know what the store TP needed for that is to hit a 6-hit build, but with a 450 delay weapon and 5/5 store tp merits, you only need 10 store tp on gear to hit a 6-hit. obviously, less is needed for a 480 delay weapon so it's easier to hit a 5-hit build. someone else may be able to give you a better estimate as to how much you'll need for a 5-hit but i would guess if you're not too serious about samurai, stack a bunch of store-tp gear, such as hachiman hands/feet, shinamusha haidate, shinamusha hara-ate, rose grip if you can get it and cap store-tp merits. that will probably give you a 5-hit with a 480 delay polearm.
 Fenrir.Retin
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jeniffer
By Fenrir.Retin 2009-11-07 09:51:15
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Foliage said:
this all depends on the delay of your polearm. i'm guessing it's 480. off-hand, i don't know what the store TP needed for that is to hit a 6-hit build, but with a 450 delay weapon and 5/5 store tp merits, you only need 11 store tp on gear to hit a 6-hit. obviously, less is needed for a 480 delay weapon so it's easier to hit a 5-hit build. someone else may be able to give you a better estimate as to how much you'll need for a 5-hit but i would guess if you're not too serious about samurai, stack a bunch of store-tp gear, such as hachiman hands/feet, shinamusha haidate, shinamusha hara-ate, rose grip if you can get it and cap store-tp merits. that will probably give you a 5-hit with a 480 delay polearm.

Rajas(5)/Brutal(1)/Hachiman feet(5) Can swap out Hachiman feet for hands and WS in rutters, but yeah, need +21stp from gear+merits with a 450delay weapon at 75sam. 5/5 stp merits=21-10=11. You could always test how much stp you need for a 6hit with the polearm in a exp party though, and if you end up at 97-99, swap AF pants for shinimusha legs. Penta and polearm is abit different as for maintaining 6hit compared to a GKT though since it depends on how many hits you get on the penta thrust.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-11-07 11:00:28
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tousou said:
Quite frankly, I don't use Great Katana, but I'm curious to know if I really need to worry a whole lot about it. Currently, I have no plans to use Samurai outside Party/Merits.

If your only using SAM for merit/xp pt then yes you can get away with it, however in merit pt you will need to have close to capped polearm skill and access to some decent gear for polearm to do well.

I was using polearm with 240 skill and gear like hauby+1/byakko haidate ect yet on G.colibri my pentas were doing about 650-800 on average, while my hagun does 800-1000+. But I've thrown on some pole merits which has helped but w/o Aces helm/usukane I prefer to SC with hagun unless asked to use polearm.
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Toufu
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-11-07 21:06:39
Link | Citer | R

Finally looked up the Maths and you were right Veg, with Engetsuto all I would need is the Shinimusha Haidate for a 6-hit.

Celestinia said:
I was using polearm with 240 skill and gear like hauby+1/byakko haidate ect yet on G.colibri my pentas were doing about 650-800 on average, while my hagun does 800-1000+. But I've thrown on some pole merits which has helped but w/o Aces helm/usukane I prefer to SC with hagun unless asked to use polearm.

In true Toufu fashion, I did just notice how low the skill was at 75. I'll look into where I can get some more ACC without too much of a trade off.

That aside, I'm not purchasing a Hagun.