First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-03 23:07:46
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
There's a list of no less than 50 FGC players that have allegations (some with proof some not) against them out of this. It's a PR Hurricane and regardless of your stance on cancel culture it isn't hard to see why the big companies pulled their names out of that ring.

That has nothing to do with anything. You don't let them participate. Done and done.

A child is molested every single day. Countless times. Unacceptable, but the world keeps on spinning.
By Draylo 2020-07-03 23:12:29
Link | Citer | R

Eiryl they are sensing your programming is faulting, need to adjust it!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2020-07-03 23:13:44
Link | Citer | R

That is not how the world works. Their names are tied intrinsically to the games they play and the tournaments that they play in. EVO wouldn't exist if not for those names that are now up on a board for people to take pot shots at them. You can't erase the stigma by burying your head in the sand and pretending that it doesn't exist.

It's absolutely daft to assume that any company's PR department will go through with attaching their name something that has the internet equivalent of a lynch mob circling it like a school of starving sharks instead of pulling out and letting the storm pass.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-03 23:14:52
Link | Citer | R

Old player vanish and new players come up. Days go by.

There's 3 rookies in GSL, awe ***, TOTALLY UNWATCHABLE NOW!
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-07-03 23:18:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
There's a list of no less than 50 FGC players that have allegations (some with proof some not) against them out of this. It's a PR Hurricane and regardless of your stance on cancel culture it isn't hard to see why the big companies pulled their names out of that ring.

That has nothing to do with anything. You don't let them participate. Done and done.

A child is molested every single day. Countless times. Unacceptable, but the world keeps on spinning.

I gave you benefit of the doubt earlier but now it just sounds like you're butthurt that you don't get to watch Evo. It's like, immediately obvious to anybody that actually cares about the FGC at large that this is justified.

"but muh $250,000"

Almost no top-tier professionals care about this. There are other tournaments. All of the attendance fees will be paid back.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2020-07-03 23:19:57
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Almost no top-tier professionals care about this. There are other tournaments. All of the attendance fees will be paid back.

This is another thing that circles right back into my point. There is absolutely no point in risking the PR shitstorm of endorsing EVO during this debacle when there are other, arguably more emergent, tournaments on the scene and practically no profit to be made from EVO in general for these companies.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-03 23:25:14
Link | Citer | R

There is no PR "nightmare" One guy *** up. One guy is gone. End of "nightmare".

"oh but the players are rapists too" literally irrelevant. They don't get to play. No "nightmare" Jesus Christ.

Clearly didn't stop all the "bad PR" for Smash even with Evo cancelled.

You know rapists play FFXI right? Cancel FFXI.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2020-07-03 23:29:09
Link | Citer | R

You're so incredibly ignorant that it hurts. It is a much bigger issue than one guy *** up. Again, there are over 50 names on the list. Each one of them is bringing a negative stigma and attaching it to the EVO name. You do not simply erase that by removing them from the tournament. It is a widespread and serious issue that is not that easy to solve.

The players are the entire face of the *** tournament you unbelievable moron. Their actions and the consequences that they have to face directly impact the scene as a whole.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-07-03 23:30:37
Link | Citer | R

You're so incredibly ignorant that it hurts. It is a much bigger issue than one guy *** up. Again, there are over 50 names on the list. Each one of them is bringing a negative stigma and attaching it to the EVO name. You do not simply erase that by removing them from the tournament. It is a widespread and serious issue that is not that easy to solve.

The players are the entire face of the *** tournament you unbelievable moron. Their actions and the consequences that they have to face directly impact the scene as a whole.

He's straight-up just not listening lol. Save your breath, he just mad
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-03 23:30:40
Link | Citer | R

it doesn't matter how many smash players did something rapey. it's irrelevant to EVO.
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-07-03 23:31:37
Link | Citer | R

not to mention the news arrived so late there wasn't much time to deliberate a decision. gtfo was the easiest and smartest option
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2020-07-03 23:31:57
Link | Citer | R

He's straight-up just not listening lol. Save your breath, he just mad

Convinced he's either trolling or that he has just bogarted so many chromosomes that there's no more space in his brain meat for critical thinking.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-07-03 23:32:32
Link | Citer | R

There is no PR "nightmare" One guy *** up. One guy is gone. End of "nightmare".

"oh but the players are rapists too" literally irrelevant. They don't get to play. No "nightmare" Jesus Christ.

Clearly didn't stop all the "bad PR" for Smash even with Evo cancelled.

You know rapists play FFXI right? Cancel FFXI.

Nintendo historically has COMPLETELY distanced themselves from the competitive scene. For these kinds of reasons.

And Nintendo STILL might get some backlash.

Evo lives and dies by the community. If something like this happened with Twitch I imagine a tremendous backlash against them too.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-03 23:33:07
Link | Citer | R

Always have to resort to insults. pathetic.

Everyone is going to associate smash with rape whether EVO happens or not. There's no face to save.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-03 23:35:33
Link | Citer | R

I just find it funny that Eiryl is so adamant about EVO continuing because of a few bad players (or more than a few, by the sounds of it), but constantly is saying that the police of America needs to be disbanded and abolished, even though a few bad actors (much lower percentage of the police force btw) acted out and committed crimes.

I mean, keep your story straight man. And stop being a hypocrite.

If you are going to call for the destruction of an entire group of people based on a very very small minority of bad actors, don't defend for an entire group of people based on a moderate minority of bad actors because you like the event.....
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-07-03 23:35:58
Link | Citer | R

it doesn't matter how many smash players did something rapey. it's irrelevant to EVO.

Man can you imagine if Evo knew a certain Smash player was a rapist and then that Smash player won the tournament? That would be totally nice and cool for Evo.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-03 23:36:42
Link | Citer | R

You don't find it funny at all, you're just ***posting.

It's entirely different. One guy *** up. All police *** up. Don't even try it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-03 23:37:58
Link | Citer | R

Man can you imagine if Evo knew a certain Smash player was a rapist and then that Smash player won the tournament? That would be totally nice and cool for Evo.

Yeah IF THEY KNEW. that would be stupid. That's why you don't let them play. Which I said.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-03 23:38:36
Link | Citer | R

You don't find it funny at all, you're just ***posting.

It's entirely different. One guy *** up. All police *** up. Don't even try it.
Sure bub, whatever you say to make yourself feel better.

Keep flailing.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-07-03 23:39:42
Link | Citer | R

Always have to resort to insults. pathetic.

Nah, I think you're misunderstanding. I'm not making fun of you because I "have to result to insults." I'm making fun of you because I think you're *** stupid.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2020-07-03 23:39:55
Link | Citer | R

Wish I had the superpower of being able to bury my head in the sand like an emu and ignore everything around me so that my point remains valid.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-03 23:41:39
Link | Citer | R

Wish I had the superpower of being able to bury my head in the sand like an emu and ignore everything around me so that my point remains valid.
Talk to Vic, he probably can teach you how to do it, he's a master class of that.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-07-03 23:43:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I just find it funny that Eiryl is so adamant about EVO continuing because of a few bad players (or more than a few, by the sounds of it), but constantly is saying that the police of America needs to be disbanded and abolished, even though a few bad actors (much lower percentage of the police force btw) acted out and committed crimes.

Hi hello there, there difference is that cops are literally murdering people and the institution of police is enabling and concealing murder, and Evo is a PR situation that CAN be corrected over time, and cancelling the Evo is a way to begin the correction period.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-03 23:46:01
Link | Citer | R

Hi hello there, there difference is that cops are literally murdering people and the institution of police is enabling and concealing murder, and Evo is a PR situation that CAN be corrected over time, and cancelling the Evo is a way to begin the correction period.
I get the difference, but honestly, he is touting that you can't judge an entire group of people based on a few bad characters, when he literally judged an entire group of people based on a few bad characters literally less than a month ago.

The hypocrisy is amazing.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-03 23:50:28
Link | Citer | R

There is literally no hypocrisy. One guy, for the 10th time. PLAYERS. Don't matter. They are replaceable. They don't have to participate.

All police covering up bad actions by a shitload of police.
By Viciouss 2020-07-03 23:51:38
Link | Citer | R

Man I got distracted and you stole this! I was about to ask hey guys what if a rapist won Evo? Like, instead of just cancelling Evo 2020, they would have to purge the existence of all Evo!
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-07-04 00:00:22
Link | Citer | R

I get the difference, but honestly, he is touting that you can't judge an entire group of people based on a few bad characters, when he literally judged an entire group of people based on a few bad characters literally less than a month ago.

The hypocrisy is amazing.

Yeah I don't think anybody is asserting that Evo is cancelled just because Evo is comprised of rapists, it's the fact that many prominent faces of Evo/FGC ARE rapists that makes it a good idea to cancel Evo this year. The police situation is more straightforward in that the INSTITUTION of police and law enforcement DOES and HAS protected police violence and murder, which is why the INSTITUTION of police is under scrutiny.

Evo as a whole, to my knowledge, is not under scrutiny for systemically enabling rapists. If it was the case that Evo knew this was happening and was letting it happen that's a different story.

The Smash community might be doing this but that's another issue.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-04 00:02:18
Link | Citer | R

Uh, cancelling EVO "as a whole" IS putting the entire system under scrutiny.

One guy and you're punishing everyone who's ever even heard of EVO.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-07-04 00:05:26
Link | Citer | R

Uh, cancelling EVO "as a whole" IS putting the entire system under scrutiny.

One guy and you're punishing everyone who's ever even heard of EVO.

Not exactly. It's the FGC as a whole which is under scrutiny.

In some sense sure, EVO is under scrutiny because of the CEO. I guess my point is that if this was another major tournament series that was right around the corner (with Smash representation especially) I would totally expect them to be shutting down.

Once Evo investigates the former CEO and also evaluates their own practices about how minors and majors interact they can get running again. Evo isn't "cancelled" in the "cancel culture" sense. It's jut "canceled" in the sense that everybody needs time to figure out what the *** is happening so that children aren't in immediate danger.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-07-04 00:07:34
Link | Citer | R

FWIW EVO literally was going to start TODAY. The organizers and event organizers would have had like, 48 hours to figure out what the hell to do to save face, protect their own players, and self-reflect on why these things have been happening.

That's not *** happening in 48 hours. Cancelling is really just the smartest PR move all-around.

EDIT: Evo will be back, almost certainly. If all of these allegations unfolded 6 months in advance, the event would less likely have been cancelled. At least as abruptly.