Selling At A...loss?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Bonecraft » Selling at a...loss?
Selling at a...loss?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-16 18:59:27
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
It at least proves that regulations are required, because humans are jackasses.

Thats some leftist lazy mentality.

First, everyone who dont do what you want them to do, do it because they are "jackasses".

Second, as you cant be competitive, you need to cry to some government to put them in the right place so your non-competitive goods can sell.
Wait, what?
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2020-06-16 19:09:48
Link | Citer | R

Kn is just bored on a Tuesday, making yet another "important because happening now" thread baiting the usual targets (names). He learned wich topic and when to post to allways get the same ppl out of their comfort zone, or at least he trys. Just wanted to add this in here too, since i am bored and its tuesday.

No offense bro. I dont know you but maaaaaan it gets obvious now.

If you allways want to mindfuck the same names, get a discord :p
By Zhaoyan 2020-06-16 19:15:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Zhaoyan said: »
Wal-mart operates at a 4% global profit margin, yet some smart person managed to turn that into the largest retail entity on earth.
There is a major difference between Walmart and a single person producing products.

A single-owner/employee entity can make a 75%+ profit and do really well. That doesn't mean that, as they grow, they will continue to make a 75%+ profit margin.

You are literally comparing apples to oranges now.

First off, there are virtually zero sustainable business models that operate anywhere near a 75% profit margin. Second, Wal-mart started off as a single grocery store. One man selling goods to his local community in Arkansas of all places. Just as the people who are manipulating the market didn't start off with billions and billions of gil to work with. They started with a level 1 character and made smart business decisions. Bottom line is, either everyone is an idiot or some people know something you don't about how to profit in ffxi's economy. I can't help it if you see two apple's and believe one is an orange.
[+]
By Quizzy 2020-06-16 19:21:32
Link | Citer | R

Well... I know that if I break X law I will have Y advantage.

E.g., insider trading is wrong...

Just because an advantage is possible, and some people are exploiting it, doesn't mean that should be the norm.
[+]
By Josiahafk 2020-06-16 19:23:34
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-06-16 19:24:55
Link | Citer | R

Quizzy said: »
Well... I know that if I break X law I will have Y advantage.

E.g., insider trading is wrong...

Just because an advantage is possible, and some people are exploiting it, doesn't mean that should be the norm.

The question in gaming economy just as in the real economy, is where that line of "immoral" vs "illegal" is.

You can't legislate morality. The morality of an NA based RMT paying his bills is that your gaming experience is less valuable than his, because yours is 100% entertainment and his is providing sustenance and shelter.

But SE can establish what is essentially "illegal" in Vana'diel, and ban characters who violate that, when they're on top of things.

While that moral difference may be offensive as hell to many, as long as they operate within the rules of what is considered "legal"....there's nothing that can be done. Except pass more laws that that only hurt everyone, not just the "bad eggs".
By Pantafernando 2020-06-16 19:31:39
Link | Citer | R

Since forever craft was never a place for "legit" people.
[+]
By Quizzy 2020-06-16 20:32:38
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
The question in gaming economy just as in the real economy, is where that line of "immoral" vs "illegal" is.

I think duping has been consistently discouraged and punished. People still do it, and will continue to do it.

Duping should not be the norm.

EDIT: I think the point is getting blurred.

Many of the people who made "smart business decisions" actually just cheated.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-06-16 20:39:56
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

I think duping has been consistently discouraged and punished. People still do it, and will continue to do it.

Duping should not be the norm.

EDIT: I think the point is getting blurred.

Many of the people who made "smart business decisions" actually just cheated.

You're not distinguishing between "illegal" and "punished". Of course duping is illegal and against the rules of FFXI, and those caught doing it are banned, at least that character is. The fault isn't that the guilty blurred the line, but that SE didn't enforce the line for years, then tried to act White Knight by banning a little, too late.

Poor enforcement doesn't mean the rules don't exist, it just means the ones with power dont' care about them. And that's not the fault of a bad law- its the fault of poor enforcement.
[+]
By Quizzy 2020-06-16 20:51:08
Link | Citer | R

I was typing out a reply but my wife came into the room and is being annoying...

Basically, "I agree, but I'm worried the market manipulation is going to get worse."
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-16 20:59:40
Link | Citer | R

Josiahafk said: »
Branding, is a whole nother ball of economic wax, branding is not a tool that can be utilized in-game.
[+]
By Quizzy 2020-06-16 21:16:39
Link | Citer | R

You sign the things you craft!
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-06-16 21:19:29
Link | Citer | R

Yeah but Dre doesn't sign my Moonlight Cape!
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-16 21:20:00
Link | Citer | R

Still performance based demand. People don't pay 2-20x what something is worth just cause X crafter signed an item.
By Shichishito 2020-06-16 21:53:19
Link | Citer | R

if any of y'alls names was on a item then i don't want it, you can keep it.
[+]
By Quizzy 2020-06-16 22:02:14
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »

First thing I do is run it through the AH to scrub off the name =p
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-06-16 22:06:06
Link | Citer | R

I can't even imagine not wanting signatures on your items. Signing things for in-game friends is straight up the only reason I have a shield aside from being a cool lockstyle. I proudly wear my brand name hq items from friends!
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-06-16 22:06:15
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »

First thing I do is run it through the AH to scrub off the name =p

You mean people don't want the CeleBrand*?
[+]
By Quizzy 2020-06-16 22:22:14
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
I can't even imagine not wanting signatures on your items. Signing things for in-game friends is straight up the only reason I have a shield aside from being a cool lockstyle. I proudly wear my brand name hq items from friends!

Yeah, that's cool. But when I'm checking bazaars and I come across some random HQ item I want and find that it has been signed by some Galka named Humpingbunnyxoxoxo I just need to make sure it is sanitized before use.
[+]
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2020-06-16 22:46:20
Link | Citer | R

LOL @ OP!!!

If I spent 100M to attempt to make an item worth 100M, and I HQ that twice, I could undercut the hell out of the remaining NQ, sell the extra HQ I made while keeping the 1st one, and still make at least 100M profit. It's really that simple. If you can't afford to bite a few million gil if not more, then you really should just stop while you're ahead before you give yourself a hernia from stressing over a dang video game.

(If you get super butthurt when people scrub your names, just be waiting at the AH since they'll immediately run there, and buy it from themselves for 1G. Just wait at the AH and keep bidding like 1M and you'll get it almost every time. Honestly, surprised this doesn't happen more often as I never see people crying about it.)
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-16 22:53:55
Link | Citer | R

erybody trolling erybody else
[+]
By Zhaoyan 2020-06-16 23:22:23
Link | Citer | R

Josiahafk said: »

[+]