$55 Windurst T-Shirt
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Suteru
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-05-20 09:46:54
Link | Citer | R

Was an instant-buy until I saw the price. Yikes.

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/608612/final-fantasy-xi-18th-anniversary-t-shirt-windurst-xl-apparel

And the nitpicker in me is like "it says "Windurst" when it shows all of Mindartia"
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2020-05-20 10:09:12
Link | Citer | R

I was going to get it anyway since spicy likes this sort of overpriced garbage from SE, then I saw draylo said his mandy shirt shrunk which made me take another look, and well... it's sort of ugly, I'd rather just buy a cute XI fanart shirt on etsy for 1/2 the price or design my own
[+]
 Asura.Emmajean
user: Sabine
By Asura.Emmajean 2020-05-20 10:17:14
Link | Citer | R

I was also kind of excited about this. But unless these shirts are made of some space linen that doubles as a flame repellent and keeps me warm in the snow, I will be pass.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-05-20 10:19:00
Link | Citer | R

I scratched my head at the price too. It's a T-shirt... I pay that much for designer work shirts.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-05-20 10:37:59
Link | Citer | R

u guys better stop complaining and buy those overpriced shirts like good little minions befor they decide to increase wardrobe prices.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-20 11:50:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Emmajean said: »
But unless these shirts are made of some space linen that doubles as a flame repellent and keeps me warm in the snow, I will be pass.

Asura.Suteru said: »
And the nitpicker in me is like "it says "Windurst" when it shows all of Mindartia"

My post from four days ago:

[+]
By Xaander 2020-05-20 12:03:36
Link | Citer | R

Poorly drawn characters riding on fart clouds reveals more about how much SE cares about FFXI than it should. Although, I do appreciate that sad gobbue is sad.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-05-20 13:28:26
Link | Citer | R

The mall where i live has a store that makes custom T-Shirt like this and it’s only like 20~30 dollars lol. I’m sure you all have something similar around your area
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-05-20 13:32:03
Link | Citer | R

Xaander said: »
sad gobbue is sad.
THAT is a shirt I would throw $$$ at
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-05-20 13:33:06
Link | Citer | R

I paid $40 for that stupid Mithkabob shirt hoping it'd get them to bring over the WHM hoodie, but instead we get this
By RadialArcana 2020-05-20 13:45:04
Link | Citer | R

I love FFXI but modern Square Enix are garbage, they are rip-off artists worse than EA.

I'm glad they never updated the FFXI engine, they would be selling us mithkabobs and shiehei by now if they could. Only reason they don't is cause they can't, cause there is no infrastructure to sell us stuff.

Just look at FFXIV, the most heavily monetized game that exists. There is no western game as cheeky, even wow barely updates the cash shop when FFXIV does every 3 months.

LOOK GUYS CARBUNCLE SLIPPERS! Just kidding it's a real carbuncle that we ripped the guts out so you can put your feet inside its body and walk around in it. ENJOY for just $5.99!
By RadialArcana 2020-05-20 13:46:18
Link | Citer | R

Selling this shirt at this price destroys the good will they had, a higher price is fine but this is taking the P.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-05-20 13:57:32
Link | Citer | R

Yeah the price is just insane and the quality is not good. I bought the mithkabob shirt and that was overpriced after shipping but it has shrunk on me after only one or two wash. The art designs aren't the best either, I've seen some fan ones that are better.

Something like this:
https://www.redbubble.com/i/t-shirt/Quina-and-Friends-by-FranGSal/26529336.R05UB

Is better than SE's stuff lol. At the very least they could have attached an in-game vanity item.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-20 14:05:51
Link | Citer | R

How do you even pretend to justify $55 for a *** Tee...

Is it woven from the virgin pubes of ffxi players lol?

(real talk, this is what would happen when all the ***you love won't be made in china) ((it will still be china quality just not china priced))
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-20 14:25:09
Link | Citer | R

I can design a way better T-shirt on customink.com. Send me 55$ and you will get the greatest gift your money can buy.
[+]
 Odin.Juliano
Serveur: Odin
user: Julian
By Odin.Juliano 2020-05-20 15:20:21
Link | Citer | R

Nothing in their apparel shop is over $30. That price is ridiculous. Also, like the mithkabob shirt, this one is rather ugly, too.

/shrug
By clearlyamule 2020-05-20 15:23:00
Link | Citer | R

No way I'm paying that much for the NQ. I better get T-shirt +1 for that price
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-20 15:51:46
Link | Citer | R

They just have been marketing to Asurans.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-05-20 17:39:17
Link | Citer | R

The front is pretty cute tbh.

I'd expect like, $40. $55 is a bit much but still what I would call reasonable. T-shirts at the store are cheap because of economies of scale... the factories make thousands of shirts and send them worldwide, so the marginal cost of each shirt is small. For smaller and indie retailers, especially for limited-time distribution items, the cost to produce per unit can increase quite dramatically.

I think the cost is high is because Square-Enix isn't expecting high sales for the shirt, so they can't capitalize on economies of scale. This is why Limited Edition goods in general can be very expensive. (Which is justified to the consumer as "this item is rare and valuable and special!!")

Maybe if the shirt enters the regular inventory like the Mithkabob shirt (only $27.99) the price will drop, as evidenced here:

Asura.Suteru said: »
I paid $40 for that stupid Mithkabob shirt hoping it'd get them to bring over the WHM hoodie, but instead we get this

At any rate I'm not preordering the Windurst shirt.

If it was Bastok, though...
 Valefor.Commodus
user: abknight
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-20 17:47:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
No thanks Square Enix. This knock off hoodie looks better and is cheaper D:

Have a link to where this can be purchased?

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-20 18:00:05
Link | Citer | R

I would have rocked that hoody no shame no problem about a decade ago. Im way too old for all that jazz on my chest

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2020-05-20 18:17:12
Link | Citer | R

I bet they would sell more of them if they included a code for an in-game item. like rainbow mog pell or something else
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Foxfire 2020-05-20 18:25:31
Link | Citer | R

that ffxi hoodie y'all linked is tacky as *** goddamn

also those prints (the hoodie, i mean), are generally poor quality innit

as far as the windurst shirt, like... it's silly i guess but i'm not paying $55; i like the individual pieces (i.e. the characters strewn around the map) but i don't really care for the actual region map or the font

i'd pay for more silly ***in the vein of the goobbue tho

i paid for the mithkabob one because i thought it was funny and isn't terribly overdesigned; plus i have no ffxi apparel or anything of the sort so i said *** it /shrug
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-20 18:34:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I would have rocked that hoody no shame no problem about a decade ago. Im way too old for all that jazz on my chest
this is straight up laundry day hoodie lol

All they had to do for that price was tell me I would get a code to automatically master a job and I would have bought 5 shirts off rip and let my kids wear it. But nah man, I can't be coming out of a quarantine with Zeid on my shirt like that. no, nope
By Draylo 2020-05-20 18:36:53
Link | Citer | R

We need more XI merch like these, they are neat:

[+]
First Page 2 3