What Will Be FFXI's Stone Of Jordan?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » what will be FFXI's stone of jordan?
what will be FFXI's stone of jordan?
By Shichishito 2020-05-17 05:40:27
Link | Citer | R

in diabolo 2 gold had little to no value so ppl used to calculate with stone of jordans (a rare ring) to determine the price for goods. since gil is steadily losing its value as you see items nowadays going for over half of cap gil (example), what do you think is going to be FFXI's stone of jordan?
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-17 06:10:26
Link | Citer | R

Shiny Pokemon will be traded as currency.

[+]
By Shichishito 2020-05-17 06:33:14
Link | Citer | R

i'd say some crafting mats could qualify, dark matter comes to mind but they only stack to 12. beastmen medals?
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2020-05-17 06:35:14
Link | Citer | R

When did Kraken Club start selling for 600m? :/
By Voren 2020-05-17 06:48:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tydis said: »

This was covered on another thread as:

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Because the rng thread posted that it's 1 dps better than using the next best thing, so it's instantly worth max gil.
By SimonSes 2020-05-17 06:58:58
Link | Citer | R

Voren said: »

Because the rng thread posted that it's 1 dps better than using the next best thing, so it's instantly worth max gil.

Most important thing about KC is how fun it is to use it. Getting 1500tp in one round swinging madly is realy enjoyable and using that tp to make skillchains is even more fun.
[+]
By umii 2020-05-17 07:08:55
Link | Citer | R

Prices of su5 weapons, S. Astral Detritus are increasing lately. Also, dynamis currency, alexandrites, pluton, beitetsu, riftborn boulders went up a few months ago.
Inflation or the result of Dynamis Ban + HQ craft rate down with last patch? Maybe both?
By Shichishito 2020-05-17 07:18:32
Link | Citer | R

once you have a couple of individuals with almost unlimited resources the laws of the market don't really apply anymore. on bahamut for example KC went from 80mil to 500mil within a year without a real reason.
its like the prices for modern art in RL.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-05-17 08:44:13
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
once you have a couple of individuals with almost unlimited resources the laws of the market don't really apply anymore. on bahamut for example KC went from 80mil to 500mil within a year without a real reason.
its like the prices for modern art in RL.

Or kclub is very relevant on ranger with gearsets now.
By Shichishito 2020-05-17 08:47:29
Link | Citer | R

pls elaborate
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-05-17 08:54:20
Link | Citer | R

pls elaborate

Have you not seen a rng/nin with offhand kclub?

main hand tauret and gastraphetes and you have a trueflight murder weapon.
By Shichishito 2020-05-17 09:06:59
Link | Citer | R

no, i haven't. i thought they nerfed close range + ranged WS long ago? did they forget to include magic based range WS?
By Afania 2020-05-17 09:19:32
Link | Citer | R

Because KC RNG SB build was discovered and people claim it out parses BiS r15 WAR in zergs or something.

It's pretty obvious that when claims like this pop on the internet others will want to buy KC and try it themselves.

Voren said: »

I HIGHLY doubt it's only 1 dps increase over the next best thing.

Next best thing for SB is like....blurred +1 weapon?

no, i haven't. i thought they nerfed close range + ranged WS long ago? did they forget to include magic based range WS?

They didn't. And KC is for SB build anyways. On my spreadsheet RNG gears can hit about 40k SB at 1000 TP. Now imagine you fires off a WS in 1 round.

Add damage limit job trait and TP overflow from KC its obviously pretty damn strong.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-05-17 09:33:55
Link | Citer | R

To be honest, if money's value isn't valuable, the next thing to base the price of goods off of would be the next available, easily tradeable item.

In this game, that would be Dynamis Currency, Alexandrites, and High-Purity Bayld. They are easy to make, have value, and can be traded for most anything. I personally have bartered Alexs for various items that I either craft or farm, since I'm using said Alexs for my mythics.

After those 3, the next available items would be Plutons/Beitetsu/Riftworn Boulders, since they also fit in the easy to make/have value/can be traded for most anything category.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-05-17 09:48:24
Link | Citer | R

REMA currency is a contender cause its accepted by almost everyone but their value is too low. if a stack of currency of your choice goes for 500k and you want to buy a KC that goes for 500.000.000 you'd need 1k inventory slots to make that trade and if you want to rule out trust so you can exchange in one trade you need a currency thats valuable enough to make the full payment in max 8 slots or less.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-05-17 10:10:10
Link | Citer | R

In cases like that, you just convert the 100 bills to gil, and use the gil to buy the KC.

Gil's value may be next to worthless, but you can still use it as a placeholder for transactions like this.

I think the concept of this thread is to determine what is considered valuable for monetary purposes. There's nothing wrong with using a placeholder currency between transactions, that happens all the time. Especially in real life situations like converting Euro to Rupees (the idea is to convert Euros to USDs, then USDs to Indian Rupees, since there is next to no market between Euros and Rupees, but there is always a market for Euros to USDs and Rupees to USDs. And I already know somebody is going to make a Zelda joke here, Rupees are the currency for India).
By missdivine 2020-05-17 10:17:11
Link | Citer | R

beitetsu will be the stone of Jordan, or beastman medals atm.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-05-17 10:22:01
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »

I have r15 chango war and r15 all the ranger things.

I cannot get savage blade kraken to win. I do however get kraken trueliight in dynamis to be very effective.
By Aquatiq 2020-05-17 10:27:00
Link | Citer | R

you don't need to use your imagination or even look outside of the ring slot, when there were 57 Stikini +1's on the AH and at least another 40 across 4 bazaars at the same time yesterday
By Shichishito 2020-05-17 10:29:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
In cases like that, you just convert the 100 bills to gil, and use the gil to buy the KC.

Gil's value may be next to worthless, but you can still use it as a placeholder for transactions like this.

I think the concept of this thread is to determine what is considered valuable for monetary purposes. There's nothing wrong with using a placeholder currency between transactions, that happens all the time. Especially in real life situations like converting Euro to Rupees (the idea is to convert Euros to USDs, then USDs to Indian Rupees, since there is next to no market between Euros and Rupees, but there is always a market for Euros to USDs and Rupees to USDs. And I already know somebody is going to make a Zelda joke here, Rupees are the currency for India).
the idea is a replacement currency for gil once gil became so worthless that items cost more than cap gil. you want to bypass the use of gil anywhere in the transaction.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-05-17 11:49:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

the idea is a replacement currency for gil once gil became so worthless that items cost more than cap gil. you want to bypass the use of gil anywhere in the transaction.
I think the idea of a worthless currency is the amount it takes to convert to an item.

In Real Life terms, it's the cost of bread. Some economists like to use the cost to buy a bottle of Coke, since Coke is the most populous drink in the world.

In game terms, gil can still be a placeholder for bartering, since the real value of gil is determined on how much effort it takes to gain it. Back when I started in 2005, it would take me weeks just to get 10k gil together, much less 100k. I don't think I saw my first million gil in my bank until 2012 or 2013.

Today, I have 10 million in items on AH, along with another 100 mil in items waiting to be sold (thanks to Voidwatch), and another 300-400 mil in items waiting to be sold across all my mules. That's not including the gil in my bank.

The value of gil dropped so much because it takes next to no effort to earn it now.
By volkom 2020-05-17 12:15:46
Link | Citer | R

in diabolo 2 gold had little to no value so ppl used to calculate with stone of jordans (a rare ring) to determine the price for goods. since gil is steadily losing its value as you see items nowadays going for over half of cap gil (example), what do you think is going to be FFXI's stone of jordan?

Should see Path of Exile. They have a good currency exchange system where people trade gear and other currency items and they auction the items on a trade website & in global trade chat
By Shichishito 2020-05-17 21:14:40
Link | Citer | R

the real reason gil dropped so much in value is cause we have like over half a decade behind us (when did sparks get introduced?) with heavy sparks botting and exploiting.
if money printer goes brrr the value of money goes AAAaaa
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-05-18 05:58:58
Link | Citer | R

When people started getting stimulus checks.

Priorities, man... priorities
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-05-18 12:56:04
Link | Citer | R

the real reason gil dropped so much in value is cause we have like over half a decade behind us (when did sparks get introduced?) with heavy sparks botting and exploiting.
This is 100% the reason for inflation. They could prevent nerfing one of the most popular income sources for legit newbie players by restricting spark and accolade trading to 99999/irl day instead of removing it entirely. Until that happens (never) it’s best to keep at least 50% of your gil stored in diversified assets that can’t be duped/crafted like orph sash, Epam ring, Kclub, etc. because gil will continue to be to be worth less and less every day in the interim.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-18 13:09:50
Link | Citer | R

If there is an equivalent it would simply be "whatever square enix updates next" as the only solid answer. Everything in this game is situational and easily updated into oblivion.
By ryukin182 2020-05-18 22:46:21
Link | Citer | R

Tbh this i believe to be the equivalent of phantasy star online 2 is photon drops or PDs. Ah memories
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2020-05-19 00:40:12
Link | Citer | R

Man, nothing beats those Cruor Bots back in the day. Or the studded brais exploit.
 Fenrir.Ironside
user: Ironside
By Fenrir.Ironside 2020-06-04 19:40:33
Link | Citer | R

Cpu said: »
This is 100% the reason for inflation. They could prevent nerfing one of the most popular income sources for legit newbie players by restricting spark and accolade trading to 99999/irl day instead of removing it entirely. Until that happens (never) it’s best to keep at least 50% of your gil stored in diversified assets that can’t be duped/crafted like orph sash, Epam ring, Kclub, etc. because gil will continue to be to be worth less and less every day in the interim.
Well...
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2020-06-04 19:48:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Man, nothing beats those Cruor Bots back in the day. Or the studded brais exploit.

Them chocobo blinkers. :D