What Buffs Would You Pick?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » what buffs would you pick?
what buffs would you pick?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Shichishito 2020-05-17 05:32:57
Link | Citer | R

if you could buff your fav job to bring it on the OP lvl of RDM and MNK right now how would you do it?
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-17 05:34:37
Link | Citer | R

Zero tp feed - uncap subtle blow
By Shichishito 2020-05-17 05:43:15
Link | Citer | R

subtle blow is kinda already MNKs perk, should be something unique to the job.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-17 05:46:17
Link | Citer | R

How is mnk and rdm OP, I'm so out of the loop. Last I remember everyone was saying mnk was trash.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-17 05:47:30
Link | Citer | R

zero tp is rdms gimmick (and smn)

Should state unique, in the case you wanted unique... you said "bring it to their OPness"
By Shichishito 2020-05-17 06:03:26
Link | Citer | R

due to somewhat recent patches MNK got its drawback removed (low WS damage) but he still has his former perks (among other things highest HP pool and very little TP feed) so they have top tier damage output coupled with very high survivability coupled with braindead simplicity (no skill or thinking required).
i think RDM got a buff to sabotour which now lasts a full minute instead of wearing after the first enfeebling spell, drastically increases macc and enhances their potency 25%-100%. their SU5 sword have a aug path that increases their EN spell damage by a lot and with a low damage weapon they basically feed no tp to highlvl targets but still inflict full EN spell damage.
both jobs are also on the new malignance set so you lately see videos of ppl soloing escha sky gods, sbsolute virtue or omen bosses
By Voren 2020-05-17 06:07:04
Link | Citer | R

I would give Ochain and Aegis an ilvl and respective stats.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-17 06:08:19
Link | Citer | R

It's not really the same thing as WHM is already OP at its primary function, but I would like to be able to use /SCH to give Hastega 1 (or 2 since we're dreaming here) to a party. I mean... I have capped duration gear and fastcast for casting it so I can get a lot off fast and they last a while, but it still is tedious to cast it on 2~5 other people if no other job is providing Haste.

Voren said: »
I would give Ochain and Aegis an ilvl and respective stats.

Don't people stop Ochain at level 90 as it's as good as the 99 version basically?
By Voren 2020-05-17 06:18:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Don't people stop Ochain at level 90 as it's as good as the 99 version basically?

This is true, however, currently taking ochain to endgame you'll get a lower block rate than you had back pre ilvl days. It's rate is effectively good up until level 107 mobs, 129 with reprisal up.

Giving i119-III would give additional defense, throw on HP+100, shield skill +242, shield mastery +10 (just throwing that out there because) and scale the block rate up as well, it would return it to being on-par with a 90 ochain pre-SoA content.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-05-17 06:23:54
Link | Citer | R

i'd give BLU's diffusion a similar buff that saboteur received and reduce its recast. add the diffusion property to unbridled wisdom 1hour. increase mighty guard and most of its other buffs/debuffs durations and increase macc of some additonal spell effects.

maybe buff physical spells so they become relevant again, decrease cooldown of chain/burst affinity or make them a stance. i'd also really like access to a fusion sword WS or a proper gravitation one.
By Voren 2020-05-17 06:32:15
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
i'd also really like access to a fusion sword WS or a proper gravitation one.

Why not just add BLU, COR, DNC, and PUP to relics then? BLU with excal would have fusion and a new toy!
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-05-17 06:37:55
Link | Citer | R

BLU on excal would be nice but there should be a way to unlock the WS without having to equip the sword.
once you have tizona its hard to justify switching to a different weapon cause once your MP is depleted you are just a mid tier DD.
[+]
By Voren 2020-05-17 06:41:14
Link | Citer | R

BLU on excal would be nice but there should be a way to unlock the WS without having to equip the sword.
once you have tizona its hard to justify switching to a different weapon cause once your MP is depleted you are just a mid tier DD.

Excal gives 30/tic regen and 3/tic refresh AM, I'm guessing the return on Tizona is better? Reading is as procing 30% of the time and the return is 10~20% of a normal swing's damage, sounds like it would be 5~20 MP/swing 30% of the time?
By Shichishito 2020-05-17 06:48:39
Link | Citer | R

the MP return is great as long as your white damage is decent and the swings keep coming. in cases where white damage is low or you have to stop swinging (for example a lot of casting) excals refresh effect could become interesting but 3/tic is not enough for a MP hungry job like BLU.
By Voren 2020-05-17 07:01:19
Link | Citer | R

True, but 3 > 0, which is what you'd get when doing a lot of casting.

I've not got a Tizona, still trying for Burtgang, but dragging my *** on assaults right now.
[+]
By Taint 2020-05-17 07:52:30
Link | Citer | R

Get rid of the Hasso/seigan casting penalty.

It’s dumb by today’s standards.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Soyven
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Soyven
By Ragnarok.Soyven 2020-05-17 08:03:18
Link | Citer | R

Excal would be garbage for blu, just give us the Weaponskill. Tizona returns more than enough mp when in combat, and we have plenty of refresh sources that 3/tic is useless. Our battery Charge is better than that.

Also, I just wanna see some new spells for blu :D
By Voren 2020-05-17 08:13:31
Link | Citer | R

That 3/tic stacks on top of your battery charge and doesn't reguire you to swing to have it, so situational at best, a toy at worst. I get what you're saying, I wouldn't mind seeing relic ws get unlocked behind a trial.

Maybe like mythic ws, only have it done in dyna areas only? Do 300 ws points with the base (will need to have the dmg and delay adjusted), but only in the area it drops in. After RoV it wouldn't be too bad.
[+]
By Afania 2020-05-17 09:56:53
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
How is mnk and rdm OP, I'm so out of the loop. Last I remember everyone was saying mnk was trash.

Nothing. It's just another round of community bandwagon trend.

MNK not feeding much TP in lowman pt doesn't make them "OP" as that's irrelevant in real endgame. Rdm solo without TP feed doesn't make them "OP" either, otherwise we should call other good solo job like SCH BST PUP OP too.

They can be convenient for lowman solo because of utility and safety, that's it. I wouldn't call it OP just because they have some edge for lowmanning.

MNK DPS can be quite good, but until they outparse war drk Sam using SP by at least 50% it's not "OP". It's just the same as everyone else.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-05-17 10:13:58
Link | Citer | R

you're pretending the only thing that could deem a job OP is max damage output. MNK is OP cause it has both, the damage output and the survivability without drawbacks. they don't even need to make tradeoffs or prepare beforhand like BLU or PUP have to.
[+]
By Voren 2020-05-17 10:18:28
Link | Citer | R

Being OP is subjective. Some will contend that it's survivability even at the cost of DPS.

Others believe it's DPS even if they're squishier than warm butter. In the end it doesn't matter if you can solo Omen and WoC or if you can out parse the other DPS in the alliance, eventually everything will change due to content.
By Shichishito 2020-05-17 10:34:11
Link | Citer | R

the weirdest thing is those folks that used to yell "BLU OP" 24/7 3 years ago don't see anything wrong at all with RDM right now.
[+]
 Asura.Schroe
user: Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2020-05-17 10:49:35
Link | Citer | R

BLU isn't my favorite job, but I would love if they had increased debuff/buff durations. Also higher magic accuracy on debuffs. PLD could use an enmity buff on reprisal, or flashga. I would like to sub something other than BLU or WAR.

The problem is the weapons RDM has access to. RDM could do 0 damage besides what dia and bio offer, and still be amazing in most setups simply because of debuffs/buffs. Crocea and Daybreak are just stupid overpowered and isn't like have icing on the cake, it's an entire extra cake.

They don't need to do massive updates for jobs to increase their viability. Better gearing options and small tweaks to JAs/spells(like what RDM got with crocea, composure and sabo) are all some jobs need to have increased viability. You would be stupid to not take advantage of what RDM has to offer though.
[+]
By Voren 2020-05-17 11:33:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Schroe said: »
PLD could use an enmity buff on reprisal, or flashga.

This, so much this, why do we not have AoE flash? Yes we can AoE hate with /blu, but it'd be nice to /war or /sch and AoE hate.

As far as other subs besides /blu and /war, and maybe my niche /sch there's not much else that I can benefiting PLD, old school /nin maybe? I'm just not seeing it though.
By Afania 2020-05-17 11:33:51
Link | Citer | R

the weirdest thing is those folks that used to yell "BLU OP" 24/7 3 years ago don't see anything wrong at all with RDM right now.

Do people shout for "RDM only" right now? 95% of yells in 2015 shouted for blu only when they needed a DD. I only see people shout for rdm for very specific ambu now. In fact last time when I tried to join a PUG they said 2h DD only. I've never seen people insist their DD spot has to be a rdm or MNK.

So no, the situation in 2015 isn't the same as 2020. It's a lot more balanced now.

Edit: Also just want to clarify, most people complained about blu in 2015 it's because how blu setup was exclusive to blu, and how gaining 1 extra defensive geo bubble from blu setup made things so much easier, not because blu magically deal 200% more DPS than other DD. There were less content variety back then, so that made the issue worse because most groups either use melee pt with blu or mb pt with blm. And that covers most of the content in game. Content like dyna D which favors other job didnt exist in 2015.
By Afania 2020-05-17 11:37:59
Link | Citer | R

Voren said: »
Being OP is subjective. Some will contend that it's survivability even at the cost of DPS.

Others believe it's DPS even if they're squishier than warm butter. In the end it doesn't matter if you can solo Omen and WoC or if you can out parse the other DPS in the alliance, eventually everything will change due to content.

If certain jobs are better than another for very specific things, it's not OP. Despite people bandwagon MNK like mad I haven't seen community yell "MNK only" for their endgame alliance.

MNK is in a very good spot, its fact. But that isn't the same as "OP".

Asura.Schroe said: »
BLU isn't my favorite job, but I would love if they had increased debuff/buff durations. Also higher magic accuracy on debuffs. PLD could use an enmity buff on reprisal, or flashga. I would like to sub something other than BLU or WAR.

The problem is the weapons RDM has access to. RDM could do 0 damage besides what dia and bio offer, and still be amazing in most setups simply because of debuffs/buffs. Crocea and Daybreak are just stupid overpowered and isn't like have icing on the cake, it's an entire extra cake.

I find it funny that 3 years ago people call rdm buff/debuff irrelevant and now its "amazing". Surely 1 small buff shouldn't make so much difference no? The real difference is content (dyna D etc) now favors rdm debuff on top of brd and geos.

It's also not that corcea is OP, but magical ws is. A cor or rng using magical ws can do just as much dmg anytime that magical ws shines.

This has nothing to do with rdm, but ws mechanics. SE either has to fix this by nerfing magical ws or giving every dd stronger magical ws. Even if they don't, I hardly see it as huge balance issue since magical ws is only useful in a few situation but not all.

It's not really a big deal if rdm cor rng parse high in selected fights with magical ws. It's only an issue if EVERY FIGHT favors magical ws.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-05-17 13:06:34
Link | Citer | R

I'm just thinking what if:

-I'd give Entropy a STR mod

-Change Diabolic Eye to allow for a possible 99% Hit Rate, otherwise the max HP down makes it useless. Make it similar to Sharpshot.

-Remove the defense penalty from Last Resort merits. Do any other jobs have a downside to their merit categories? Berserk Merits don't get extra defense down, Double Attack merits don't give -Store TP as a trade off. It makes no sense to me.

-Transform DRK's Nuking Abilities to be on par with GEO (Give them Tier IV's), at the moment even Ninja can Magic Burst for more damage. Put DRK on Raetic Staff+1 lol.

-Absorb Defense
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-05-17 13:12:53
Link | Citer | R

you're pretending the only thing that could deem a job OP is max damage output. MNK is OP cause it has both, the damage output and the survivability without drawbacks. they don't even need to make tradeoffs or prepare beforhand like BLU or PUP have to.

RDM and MNK aren't OP to 95% of the playerbase. The ones who play the job right then it's OP, otherwise it's just another bandwagon job people try hop on, but fail miserably.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Serveur: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2020-05-17 13:22:04
Link | Citer | R

RDM been soling ***forever.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-05-17 13:30:37
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
RDM been soling ***forever.

Not everyone has. Only a certain number of people can actually solo stuff. The average person is a brainlet and can't beat T1s without Idris geo. Saying because 1 person can do the impossible means the job is overpowered is dumb. Until more people come out with WoC or Ou soloes on RDM, the job isn't that overpowered to everyone just the very small minority which I mentioned.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7