Where's My Fam?!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Where's my fam?!
Where's my fam?!
By JulesGilamesh 2020-05-14 11:31:42
Link | Citer | R

Was Jules on Gilgamesh server, now Julles on Bahamut and hating the extra L...

My last login before I came back was 5/18/11. I woke up in Behemoth's Dominion, with my melon pie +1 still active, when I came back lol. Now, with Gilga being merged with Carby, I know my peeps are scattered across the servers. I wasn't down to be a resident of Carby either (no offense at all)

I did manage to find one of my brothers <3 He's safe at home with me on my new server. Now, where's everyone else?
I've got mules running around on other servers /yell ing but I guess this would be the more effective platform, even though it's far less entertaining.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-14 11:51:50
Link | Citer | R

You should probably note the server you are currently on and your new name there. I see you talking about Carbuncle here, another thread you talk about Bahamut, and that is a post in an Asura thread. Your user name is Jules and your avatar icon has it spelled Julles.

You said "I know my peeps are scattered across the servers", but I'm going to guess that the majority of them quit in the 9 years since you last played with the remainder having moved to Asura with few remaining on Carbuncle.

Good luck in your hunt, however. During free-to-play is the best time to find old friends returning, if they ever intended to come back at all.
[+]
By JulesGilamesh 2020-05-14 12:17:10
Link | Citer | R

fixed it :)
[+]
By sudsi 2020-05-14 12:37:28
Link | Citer | R

Not directly related to you but:

I came back after like... 7 years away in 2016...

Then I quit in May of 2018 and came back last week...

In both cases I found people I knew (even on a small server) and that led me to meet more people that I knew tangentially a long time ago.

In more than a few cases I met people who I actually didn't like in 2009 (and even in 2018) but now I think they are great.

Just something to consider... maybe you don't need to just be looking for your "friends."

I've changed a lot in 11 years... my life has changed a lot in 11 years. An interest in FFXI can be enough to bind people together. Don't be afraid to branch out!
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-05-14 13:21:22
Link | Citer | R

sudsi said: »
tangentially
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-14 13:28:23
Link | Citer | R

sudsi said: »
tangentially

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By sudsi 2020-05-14 13:34:56
Link | Citer | R

See! 2009 Sudsi wouldn't have used that word!
[+]
By JulesGilamesh 2020-05-14 15:13:17
Link | Citer | R

I'm making new friends in my new server and getting along just fine there. Even so, there are many that I miss from years ago, that I still think about frequently. It's worth it to me to toss it out in the world that if they're out there, I say hello and that I've missed them, that they haven't been forgotten.