And I agree.

BLU needs to be toned down.
 Shiva.Ariaum
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2020-04-11 21:47:56
Link | Citer | R

Oh no its fine. Perfect the way it is. Its like a half *** rdm.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
Serveur: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-04-11 21:51:22
Link | Citer | R

I think blue mage is fine like it is, but it is a mage, so it shouldn't be on melee gear. BLU gets so much more melee gear than RDM and that's unbalanced tbh.
[+]
 Shiva.Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2020-04-11 21:52:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sirris said: »
I think blue mage is fine like it is, but it is a mage, so it shouldn't be on melee gear. BLU gets so much more melee gear than RDM and that's unbalanced tbh.

Facts.
By Draylo 2020-04-11 21:58:00
Link | Citer | R

Maltharrrrrr
By Draylo 2020-04-11 22:00:13
Link | Citer | R

#BLUPDATE
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2020-04-11 22:10:25
Link | Citer | R

Daylo!!!

The news is asking everyone how they're dealing with the isolation of staying at home. And I'm asking myself, "What isolation?" lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-04-11 22:26:59
Link | Citer | R

How is BLU OP when it kills Lilith slower than MNK?
[+]
By huttburt<3 2020-04-11 22:54:56
Link | Citer | R

mnk needs a magic based weapon skill for h2h.

Change my mind.
[+]
 Asura.Zidaner
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-04-11 23:37:43
Link | Citer | R

If we going down that road let's give BLU a blunt damage sword. Can be like that paddle your mom used to use on your backside when you did something stupid.

Your text to link here...
 Phoenix.Oyama
Serveur: Phoenix
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-04-12 00:05:09
Link | Citer | R

We're not "mages" in the traditional sense, we're more like horrible mutant experiments gone right, and they worked as bodyguards and assassins. Not heavy grunts like the WARs, but definitely fits on light melee gear.

I always thought BLU lore was pretty cool, only good thing about that expansion >_>
 Shiva.Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2020-04-12 00:11:09
Link | Citer | R

.....and sarcasm was lost on the internet that day.
 Phoenix.Oyama
Serveur: Phoenix
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-04-12 00:22:37
Link | Citer | R

I just think Blu concept and lore is cool.
By Voren 2020-04-12 00:54:31
Link | Citer | R

huttburt<3 said: »
mnk needs a magic based weapon skill for h2h.

Change my mind.

Careful what you wish for.

SE Dev team:

You're absolutely correct, so here's the H2H version of energy drain, you know, to replenish MNK mp pool. Enjoy!!!
[+]
 Shiva.Applesmash
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2020-04-12 02:20:30
Link | Citer | R

#rollbackmalignance

#blupdate
By SimonSes 2020-04-12 02:34:37
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Applesmash said: »
#rollbackmalignance

#blupdate

This has no sense. Malignanace is one of the best thing that happened to BLU since years. Do you even blu bro?
 Shiva.Applesmash
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2020-04-12 04:36:26
Link | Citer | R

Do you even sarcasm
 Asura.Okhryeny
By Asura.Okhryeny 2020-04-12 04:55:15
Link | Citer | R

lmao blu isnt op its mediocore at best not top dd not top nuker not top on any chart ever unless the drk dies and blu on melee gear is too much? melee gear hasnt been updated since ruan. but i guess thats what makes blu op? i mean if your gonna say blu is op show me a video where it beats schah in 30 sec or solo odin vd with lvl 1 weapons. i imagine you lack a understanding on how blu works
By geigei 2020-04-12 05:53:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Okhryeny said: »
i mean if your gonna say blu is op show me a video where it beats schah in 30 sec or solo odin vd with lvl 1 weapons
You're dumb af.
[+]
 Asura.Zidaner
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-04-12 05:55:33
Link | Citer | R

why does everything have to come down to a dps check? Understanding how blu works means you understand that it is not supposed to be a top dps. Blu can do so many things that nobody talks about. AOE sleep(dark and light) dispels, aoe cures single target cures, the list goes on and on.

The fact is people don't play the job how it was meant to be played.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-04-12 06:09:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Zidaner said: »
why does everything have to come down to a dps check? Understanding how blu works means you understand that it is not supposed to be a top dps. Blu can do so many things that nobody talks about. AOE sleep(dark and light) dispels, aoe cures single target cures, the list goes on and on.

The fact is people don't play the job how it was meant to be played.

Its probably because blu was widely used as dps at some point? (idk i was taking a break then)

Its maybe also because I made playerbase aware of Thibron being useable despite of not being ilvl and BLU with it is close enough with top dps, that people eyeball it as being at the same level and try to promote it as pure dd job.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-04-12 08:23:56
Link | Citer | R

BLU mage was OP, compared to other jobs, like 1-2 years ago, but now?
Every other job has improved, BLU barely did, I think BLU is perfectly fine, and an awesome DD job for lowmen.

I don't think BLU needs to be nerfed or buffed.
Some things that they could and SHOULD do though is QoL for BLU. Like doubling the base duration of all or most buffs.
Having to recast Nature's Meditation every 90 seconds is super annoying.
Make it double, or give us some gear that increase BLU spells duration gdi, whatever but do something SE!
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-04-12 08:29:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Zidaner said: »
Blu can do so many things that nobody talks about. AOE sleep(dark and light) dispels, aoe cures single target cures, the list goes on and on.
problem is that a lot of those come with awful cast times, recast times, durations, horrible MACC or a silly gimmick (like the light dispel that only works like a gaze attack).

most of their praised utility is inferior to options other jobs can offer and the gap just keeps getting bigger as those other jobs get their utility further enhanced by gear (for instance daybreak or clerics torque) although gear upgrades for individual spells would be a detriment to BLUs inventory thats always under heavy load.

anyone calling for BLU nerf befor RDM got adressed must be color blind.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-04-12 08:33:41
Link | Citer | R

BLU was not OP, it was a common misconception that was thrown around the forums by a handful of posters. They constantly cited things like its utility in Cocoon... a level 8 spell since forever. Also in Mighty Guard, when literally any job could cap their haste with a slight adjustment (GEO only lost entrust-STR or Barrier which is already weak.)

BLU was a top tier DD since Abyssea and continued from there. Prior to that it was very niche and took a lot of effort to make it worthwhile in end game. Afterwards it became a staple until recent years where it was bandwagoned and then left behind.

Then after BRD and other DDs were buffed, they conveniently forgot it as it got left behind in the dust. Now it has just risen to ridiculous levels with RDMs utility completely eclipsing it. It doesn't even matter if a job can do x amount of feats when most days content boils down to zergs mostly. I think mainly Ambuscade is probably the only time a little utility can be useful, even then a RDM can cover all the bases quite easily now.

It certainly does need adjustments. The DMG portion is fine, even though relying on a non-ilevel weapon is stupid. They could easily come up with adjustments that doesn't put BLU ahead of heavy 2h jobs, but gives it actually useful utility that benefits the party. Now you can ignore most mechanics and throw MNKs, DRKs and WARs at things. It's like we did a complete cycle and back to square 1.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2020-04-12 08:41:58
Link | Citer | R

ofc he trolling, doesn't mean you have to miss a opportunity to set the record straight!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-04-12 09:00:57
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
It's like we did a complete cycle and back to square 1.
Pretty sad, but nothing new. How many times have we gone back to Square 1 in the last 15 years of FFXI?

Granted with no major content coming to greatly change things again, I'm not sure what's gonna happen in the future lolz.

Either way, caling BLU OP these days is beyond silly.
People quote the insane versatility BLU can offer with their spells, which is sorta true, but they don't consider the fact that you can't swap spells real time and that equipping certain spells instead than others can be a nerf to your DPS (because of different traits) or they ignore the fact that there is only a certain number of BLU points and only 20 spell slots.
Some useful spells are bound behind a 5mins or 45mins cooldown, some other spells are nice but can't be used in some situations because they are AoE and not single target.
Blah blah blah.
It's true BLU has an insane versatility in theory like some people claim, but in reality things are not always as they seem in the words of people who only wish to submerge BLU under a pile of shitstorm.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3