SE's COVID-19 Message (Mass LM-17 Coming Soon?)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » SE's COVID-19 Message (Mass LM-17 coming soon?)
SE's COVID-19 Message (Mass LM-17 coming soon?)
By Draylo 2020-03-25 04:14:34
Link | Citer | R

billnes said: »
Felgarr said: »
It is truly rare to see mental illness hide in such plain sight.

See a therapist, Go to a support group, but whatever you do, please get help.

You use third party tools so people will talk about you with accolades that you truly have not earned.

You and your little circle of candy-*** use elite and high-tier player to describe yourself.. If Ashita and Windower got shut down tomorrow, the productivity of you and your little circle of candy-*** would drop by more than 3/4.

It really is just that simple. It doesn't have to be any more complicated than that.

*roll eyes*

Bill why did you take down your RL pic.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Mattelot 2020-03-25 06:22:06
Link | Citer | R

You use third party tools so people will talk about you with accolades that you truly have not earned.

You and your little circle of candy-*** use elite and high-tier player to describe yourself.. If Ashita and Windower got shut down tomorrow, the productivity of you and your little circle of candy-*** would drop by more than 3/4.

It really is just that simple. It doesn't have to be any more complicated than that.

Wow. This is a prime example of "owned."

But anybody who relies on 3rd party tools for their success are by no means "elite" or "high-tier". I don't care how they try to rationalize it.

EDIT: In addition, true greats in gaming are very modest about their skill. They don't go around tooting their horns.
[+]
 Asura.Tafari
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: tafari
By Asura.Tafari 2020-03-25 06:56:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
NSFW

BILLNES mouth when he speak >:D
By Odinz 2020-03-25 07:02:19
Link | Citer | R

I only started using windower out of peer pressure. My LS were a bad crowd.
It started with windower macros, and after that it wasn't too long before I was a lua fiend.

before I knew it I was in dragon's aery addicted to NASA and purple dragons and Ridillz

Don't do windower. Just say no
[+]
 Sylph.Banhammer
Serveur: Sylph
user: Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-03-25 13:04:56
Link | Citer | R

GM Dave told me he's working from home. I think they're lying just to catch more horrible cheaters. Mass ban-wave incoming. RIP to all the ELITE players who are only good cause they use Windower.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-03-25 13:10:35
Link | Citer | R

Holy ***... Dude just went in on your ***...
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-25 13:29:41
Link | Citer | R

If ashita and windower got shut down tomorrow, ffxi would shut down the day after due to lack of players.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-03-25 13:57:54
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »

If ashita and windower got shut down tomorrow, ffxi would shut down the day after due to lack of players.

The point he was making was not about the general usage of Ashita and Windower. It was those who use them and pat themselves on the back for being awesome when they wouldn't have accomplished most anything else otherwise. There are people who remember what it was like to macro everything.

As I described to someone else earlier today, it's like when I was younger and people used a game genie to beat nintendo games. There were those who did it for fun and those who did it while proclaiming they were "pro."
[+]
 Sylph.Banhammer
Serveur: Sylph
user: Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-03-25 13:58:38
Link | Citer | R

Being bad is the new good.
By Mattelot 2020-03-25 14:01:36
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Banhammer said: »
Being bad is the new good.

By Kazaki 2020-03-25 14:12:10
Link | Citer | R

Can someone explain the background to this parody account? I've obviously missed out
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-25 15:56:06
Link | Citer | R

Mattelot said: »

The point he was making was not about the general usage of Ashita and Windower. It was those who use them and pat themselves on the back for being awesome when they wouldn't have accomplished most anything else otherwise. There are people who remember what it was like to macro everything.

As I described to someone else earlier today, it's like when I was younger and people used a game genie to beat nintendo games. There were those who did it for fun and those who did it while proclaiming they were "pro."

3rd party QoL addons are standard for all MMOs.... so really, anyone playing vanilla is just gimping themselves for no logical reason unless they actively want a vanilla experience. I used to play on the 360 and did so for years. Didnt even use ashitacast for years after using ashita. Vanilla just sucks, and is actively less fun because it is legitimately fun setting up conditionals and different sets to go at different times or to change shields and weapons on command etc.

Besides, ffxi takes very little skill. Almost all of it is gear. You can pretty much buy skill via rmting gil and purchasing bis gear from mercs or ah. Being "pro" in this game is not that much of a claim either way. A "pro" in the 75 era was just someone who was either an rmt, or was in bed with a dyna LS leader.
By Mattelot 2020-03-25 16:15:45
Link | Citer | R

I'm not denying that addons are not commonly used. That wasn't the point he was making. It's difficult for some to understand where it comes from.

Another example was a FPS game I played a very long time ago. You had to manually lay down defense for your base by going back/forth to the inventory station. Someone made a script that did all of that for you in 1 click where it would take a normal player a minute or two to do. That player self-proclaimed himself the best defender in the game.

Another player developed a client-side autoaim script and self-proclaimed himself as the best shot in the game.

It's a slippery slope and I understand that everyone has their opinions and definitions on it. I believe the point he was making was going beyond QoL to the addon basically doing the job for you.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-25 16:17:15
Link | Citer | R

Vanilla FFXI isn't all that horrible since they added a ton of macro room. However, if you're using 3rd party tools to have your character auto-react to every situation... I mean I guess you're shaving off milliseconds of reaction time. Maybe it's just the WHM in me that actually pays attention to the chat logs and knows how to react quickly. Other jobs can just spam their /ja and ride recast timers so maybe... who knows what reasons people have for their playing aides? WHM is just fun for me because it feels like being an airtraffic controller with all of the recast timers and durations and buff order. *shrugs*
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-03-25 16:22:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Vanilla FFXI isn't all that horrible since they added a ton of macro room. However, if you're using 3rd party tools to have your character auto-react to every situation... I mean I guess you're shaving off milliseconds of reaction time. Maybe it's just the WHM in me that actually pays attention to the chat logs and knows how to react quickly. Other jobs can just spam their /ja and ride recast timers so maybe... who knows what reasons people have for their playing aides? WHM is just fun for me because it feels like being an airtraffic controller with all of the recast timers and durations and buff order. *shrugs*

Yeah, thats kinda where I was going. I played whm a ton back in the 75 era. If you pay attention and react to the needs of a cure, erase, etc vs making some kind of lua that automatically casts a cure or erase. For all I know, there actually is a lua that does that, I really don't know.
By billnes 2020-03-25 20:58:31
Link | Citer | R

Thank you! Nuff' said.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-03-25 21:07:24
Link | Citer | R

Thank you! Nuff' said.

How in the Christ-loving *** does this support your argument?
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-03-25 22:06:49
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »

*roll eyes*

It's under his character, not account; it's still there.
By billnes 2020-03-25 22:29:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Biglovin said: »
Draylo said: »

*roll eyes*

It's under his character, not account; it's still there.

That pic is 10+ years old. I'm a little bit more gray now. I keep my goatee much shorter. The week I had that picture taken I was in a Target. A guy in front of me at the checkout line literally jumped and said "Oh ***man. I'm sorry. I thought you were my bail bondsman."
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-25 23:16:26
Link | Citer | R

It's normally Walmart where I would expect someone to be on the lookout for their bail bondsman.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-03-25 23:27:55
Link | Citer | R

It's probably because he felt like a... Target

:D
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-26 00:03:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »

Its gotten a lot better in some respects, and a whole lot worse for min-maxing in other respects. Especially updating sets.

There are now so many pieces of niche situational gear for every job and pieces you use with specific buffs or buff tiers up or for certain job abilities that it becomes a massive hindrance if you want to play vanilla and min-max. Vanilla works for general casual play, but if you want multiple variations of hybrid sets, situational sets (such as a doom set or death resist set), or dealing with preshot/TP builds optimized for varying flurry/haste/att/acc tiers... it becomes increasingly more difficult to properly macro everything and still have it be useful. You can get by with less, and the game is generally perfectly playable, if a lot more frustrating to set up and deal with, and youll never be able to optimize in a game where most of the "skill" and "fun" is being able to optimize for as many situations as possible.
[+]
 Asura.Trumpet
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2020-03-26 09:31:58
Link | Citer | R

I could live without gearswap, convenient as it is, but findall and mountmuzzle? You'll have to pry them from my cold, dead hands.
[+]