Bahamut PSA - Pay Attention When Bazarr Shopping

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Bahamut PSA - Pay Attention When Bazarr Shopping
Bahamut PSA - Pay Attention When Bazarr Shopping
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Nikkije
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: nikkije
By Bahamut.Nikkije 2020-02-26 09:51:18
Link | Citer | R

This guy right next to Oboro is trying to rip you off:
Bahamut.Beirne Alexandrite 448,000 198 Port Jeuno

I think he has plutons and riftborns as well, so pay attention before confirming a bazaar transaction or you'll be paying half a million for a single stone.
[+]
 Shiva.Znitch
Serveur: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2020-02-26 09:56:06
Link | Citer | R

There's a plague of these guys on Shiva, I make sure to give them a /slap whenever I walk by.
[+]
By DononofSylph 2020-02-26 09:56:49
Link | Citer | R

Used to love doing this back when 75 cap was a thing with one byne bills at the cost of 100's.

Would bazaar in Rolanberry and wake up with a cool milly from people clicking to fast at an apparent deal.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. Slow down when making bazaar transactions..

Same rule applies when buying something off the AH, if you send 1M for a 100k item, it's the other persons money now.
By SimonSes 2020-02-26 10:01:15
Link | Citer | R

DononofSylph said: »
Used to love doing this back when 75 cap was a thing with one byne bills at the cost of 100's.

Would bazaar in Rolanberry and wake up with a cool milly from people clicking to fast at an apparent deal.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. Slow down when making bazaar transactions..

Same rule applies when buying something off the AH, if you send 1M for a 100k item, it's the other persons money now.

I will blame whoever I want and in this case scumbags like you.
[+]
 Bahamut.Nikkije
By Bahamut.Nikkije 2020-02-26 10:01:39
Link | Citer | R

Ha yeah, can't be mad at him for trying. It's more a warning for unsuspecting people and new players. I didn't fall for this one, but I've made my share of mistakes. A recent example is I had put 2 Moonlight Nodowas up on auction house for 3m each instead of the 30m they had been going for, and some dude bought them both and totally disappeared LOL. I think he bought one for 4m and the other for 3m. I have to question how he knew, or decided to take a shot that low? Weird, but that was my fault. :)
By Drayco 2020-02-26 10:04:31
Link | Citer | R

I used to always say "who the heck would ever fall for this crap?"
Then I got bit for 30m on 1 Bynes priced at 100s.

It's easy to do, but like Don said... you only have yourself to blame. Learn the lesson and laugh at your own stupidity.

That said, I don't know how anybody could be falling for Alex and Plutons. Bynes made sense since the only difference is a few 0's and a white box (which wasn't always there).
By Drayco 2020-02-26 10:05:24
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Nikkije said: »
Ha yeah, can't be mad at him for trying. It's more a warning for unsuspecting people and new players. I didn't fall for this one, but I've made my share of mistakes. A recent example is I had put 2 Moonlight Nodowas up on auction house for 3m each instead of the 30m they had been going for, and some dude bought them both and totally disappeared LOL. I think he bought one for 4m and the other for 3m. I have to question how he knew, or decided to take a shot that low? Weird, but that was my fault. :)

There are tons of bots spamming low bids on high priced items.
By DononofSylph 2020-02-26 10:06:49
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

I will blame whoever I want and in this case scumbags like you.

I accept your anger and will let it feed my soul. Now I just bot for Spheres and charge ridiculous prices for Light and Darkness Spheres and laugh every time I wake up and see them sold.

I've upgraded my tactics to 2020.
By SimonSes 2020-02-26 10:08:38
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Nikkije said: »
Ha yeah, can't be mad at him for trying.

Ofc you can blame him, he is setting an obvious trap trying to set a price that looks like good deal for a stack. He tries to manipulate your reflexes to scum you.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-26 10:09:06
Link | Citer | R

The sole existence of those chars active subscriptions demonstrate enough people fall for that trick to make it viable.

On my server there is one going on since i started here, like 1 or 2 years ago.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-26 10:13:00
Link | Citer | R

It's easy, don't *** fall for it.

Instead of going oh damn that's a crazy cheap price, I better buy that immediately. Wonder why it hasn't been bought already and bam.

The stupid deserve to have their money taken away. It's natural selection.
Quote:
George Carlin
"The kid who swallows too many marbles doesn't grow up to have kids of his own."
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-02-26 10:13:39
Link | Citer | R

Drayco said: »
It's easy to do, but like Don said... you only have yourself to blame. Learn the lesson and laugh at your own stupidity.

that is a fail logic. If someone will steal your wallet in a way you wont notice, then you will say he is a great magician and you are the one to blame, because you haven't been paying a better attention?

NO, he is a *** thief.
By DononofSylph 2020-02-26 10:17:21
Link | Citer | R

Want some pretzel with that salt Simon?

It's a video game where it's a dog eat dog world, the best survive.

Have you never claim botted or use speed hacks?

I'd say you are taking more value away from players who play vanilla than with mine making chump change from the less literate and rushed.

By the way, I partake in all three still. Can you preach on how that is wrong too?
By Pantafernando 2020-02-26 10:18:19
Link | Citer | R

PSA: If a player has the ability to read forums, more likely he will also have discernment to read bazaar prices.
 Bahamut.Nikkije
By Bahamut.Nikkije 2020-02-26 10:19:40
Link | Citer | R

These people know what they are doing, no doubt. But it's kind of a split responsibility in my mind... they're to blame for selfishly tricking other players, but we would be to blame for falling for it. As mentioned, this is a thing with impatience, clicking too fast. I haven't fallen for this with any currencies, but as I mentioned above, I've made a handful of costly AH mistakes (usually late at night with my eyes half shut). LOL
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-26 10:22:59
Link | Citer | R

jeez, don is an absolute douchenozzle
By DononofSylph 2020-02-26 10:23:19
Link | Citer | R

To be fair, I haven't fallen for the bazaar scheme, but I sure have fat fingered millions away bidding on items with an extra 0 moving to fast.
By Drayco 2020-02-26 10:48:55
Link | Citer | R

that is a fail logic. If someone will steal your wallet in a way you wont notice, then you will say he is a great magician and you are the one to blame, because you haven't been paying a better attention?

NO, he is a *** thief.

Your analogy is terrible. This bazaar isn't stealing/forcing you to buy anything. It's preying on your stupidity.
By SimonSes 2020-02-26 10:56:57
Link | Citer | R

NO, he is a *** thief.

Your analogy is terrible. This bazaar isn't stealing/forcing you to buy anything. It's preying on your stupidity.

Ok better, there is a shop, people paying with card and cashier trying to fish up for big families with parents focused on kids or people with bad eyesight and try to add 0 to what they should pay (500$ instead of 50$) and hope they wont notice and just close the card in and pay. I understand, that if he succeed, he is innocent and people who havent notice it and paid are the one to blame?
By Aquatiq 2020-02-26 11:07:37
Link | Citer | R

can't knock the hustle
By DononofSylph 2020-02-26 11:23:28
Link | Citer | R

NO, he is a *** thief.

Ok better, there is a shop, people paying with card and cashier trying to fish up for big families with parents focused on kids or people with bad eyesight and try to add 0 to what they should pay (500$ instead of 50$) and hope they wont notice and just close the card in and pay. I understand, that if he succeed, he is innocent and people who havent notice it and paid are the one to blame?

0/2 on analogies that make sense. Try again.
[+]
 Asura.Vanixim
By Asura.Vanixim 2020-02-26 11:33:25
Link | Citer | R

NO, he is a *** thief.

lol, no point using analogies, sometimes it’s quicker to call it for what it is: you’re trash. No worries pal, we’ll be here to laugh at you and your family when your senile parents get tricked into sending a Nigerian Prince all of their hard-earned $10k retirement.

Don’t blame phone fishing/email viruses/code hacking/ransomware, blame their senility/idiocy/ignorance.

If you’re basing your moral compass off the law, understand that in certain instances, inaction is also criminal.

Man, scum everywhere. Like mold. Or racists!
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-26 11:33:41
Link | Citer | R

...and can you believe people bazaaring common items for 99,999,999 gil!?!?!

I hope nobody ever falls for a scam like that!
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-02-26 11:38:25
Link | Citer | R

Lmao... this scummy nobody is getting you all fired up...

Pay attention when you buy things... problem solved... and just ignore this dude... he is literally busting a nut at your replies...
[+]
By DononofSylph 2020-02-26 11:46:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vanixim said: »

NO, he is a *** thief.

lol, no point using analogies, sometimes it’s quicker to call it for what it is: you’re trash. No worries pal, we’ll be here to laugh at you and your family when your senile parents get tricked into sending a Nigerian Prince all of their hard-earned $10k retirement.

Don’t blame phone fishing/email viruses/code hacking/ransomware, blame their senility/idiocy/ignorance.

If you’re basing your moral compass off the law, understand that in certain instances, inaction is also criminal.

Man, scum everywhere. Like mold. Or racists!

For $10,000, I can show you how to make $20,000.

PM for details.

This is also my 69th post. That is all.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-26 11:57:04
Link | Citer | R

NO, he is a *** thief.

Ok, supose you are feeling horny and want some hookers.

But you dont want to go to that expensive whorehouse so you just walk to that red light district.

Then you see a nice chick, big boobs, big butt, nice face and nice price. Then you make a deal and take her to a hotel.

The suddenly you see the nice chick have a huge elephant trunk.

Obviously "she" is to be blamed as "she" pretended to ne a girl and dude was too horny to make a more detailed inspection.
By Drayco 2020-02-26 12:06:42
Link | Citer | R

This guy knows how to analogize.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-02-26 12:19:41
Link | Citer | R

Yes it’s a *** move to do this but anyone that falls for it only can blame themselves, there was no false advertisement on the purchase, the buyers get exactly what was advertised with nothing hidden. There was once a guy complaining in our linkshell that he accidentally overplayed for something on the AH and bitched for an hour on how SE needs to implement protections from overpaying for items.... if you are not responsible enough to manager your own money then too damn bad, be happy you only got scammed with fake money take the lesson to heart and be more wary in the future.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2020-02-26 12:43:12
Link | Citer | R

Oh, it's analogy time? So in the real world, doing this is illegal for good reason. End of moral quandary.

I know that's not much of an analogy, in that it isn't one at all. I wanted it to mimic the justifications made by people being deliberately exploitative and immoral.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-02-26 12:47:54
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Oh, it's analogy time? So in the real world, doing this is illegal for good reason. End of moral quandary.

I know that's not much of an analogy, in that it isn't one at all. I wanted it to mimic the justifications made by people being deliberately exploitative and immoral.

It is not illegal to set a price for whatever you are selling to far higher than its worth, look at eBay.
[+]
First Page 2