Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Redmage Dark Matter Augs
Redmage Dark Matter Augs
By tarujedi 2020-02-02 12:00:45
Link | Citer | R

Hi all,

With the DM campaign approaching, I was wondering what gear is good to aim for on a fairly fresh 99 rdm.

What are you fav pieces or what are you going for?

Thanks
By Drayco 2020-02-02 12:16:39
Link | Citer | R

Refresh hands/feet are always good for idle.

I've never really looked into how much phalanx+ gear helps, but I see those augments all the time.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-02 12:20:24
Link | Citer | R

Utility sets are reasonable to aim during a campaign. By reasonable i mean a non-THF TH set when solo farming, a refresh+2 set for slots you dont have any. A rarer utility augment but nice to have is phalanx up to 5.

Once you fill the utility set you can aim for a WS set (with WSD+10), MAB MACC Melee set, etc. There are too many options so a good thing to do is to first see what available gear is out there that will beat even DM agumented gear (for example, Jhakri body has 4 refresh what DM will never get close so thats one slot you shouldnt invest on that particular stat). For WSD pieces, check what reforged has a similar augment and dont invest on that piece, and so go on.

After you fill the utility set, which is reasonable to aim, anything else is just to satisfy a gambler addiction to spin a roulette as BiS gear from DM is very unlikely.
By tarujedi 2020-02-04 14:57:58
Link | Citer | R

thanks for the tips, will see what i get