The 49th Freshly Picked Vana'diel (Japanese)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » The 49th Freshly Picked Vana'diel (Japanese)
The 49th Freshly Picked Vana'diel (Japanese)
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-01-17 08:24:19
Link | Citer | R

Kind of interesting to watch with Youtube subtitles on (and settings changed to translate it into English). I can pretty much make out what they're saying.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-01-17 08:27:42
Link | Citer | R

To be taken with a grain of salt, and maybe a fluent Japanese speaker can say for sure, but it sounds like the items from Wanted will be going to +2 and +3 so that's pretty hot. This is at 9:58 ish.

Cute. Is Ryoma the name for Tiann (or whatever the little girl from the start of Seekers of Adoulin is with the lisp that needs herbs for her grandpa's cough?)

They talked about the Mithra Mithkabob shirt and childhood stories for like 10 minutes and then dropped this bad boy. Do want.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-17 08:50:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
it sounds like the items from Wanted will be going to +2 and +3 so that's pretty hot

The translation does convert to "+2 and +3", and he is visibly seen making a hand gesture which indicates a rising, progressive increase (they are talking about WANTED, as that translates properly). They've said in the past that it would be a "single path augment" for each item, limited to only the HQ versions, but I have heard them use the word "Reforge" which may mean they haven't completely decided how they are going to implement it. Or maybe they originally wanted to do augments and then figured Reforge with stronger stats would be a better idea, perhaps for inventory/storage reasons.

He did also mention that the idea is to have each item actually have a use when they do release the upgrades, so that's something to look forward to since many Wanted items are complete garbage and are only swaps tied to the Unity effect.

This is all with translate to english (which was a nightmare to read).
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-01-17 09:22:21
Link | Citer | R

After the WHM hoodie, I had to give up. I enjoy listening to audio podcasts while I play FFXI sometimes, but this was me basically /watching/ 3 guys do a podcast and I had to suffer through google translate. Was kind of fun watch, but I could only do 45 minutes of this 1:09:00 slog. Tis a fancy hoodie though. I'll say that much. I'm a grown *** man now so I doubt I'd rock it, but if I had a kid, I'd certainly want to get them one.

Edit: There wasn't anything we havn't already been told much about in the first 45 minutes. Ambuscade. BST changes. T-shirt.

Actually this feels kind of like older news. Wonder why youtube just said it was posted 7 hours ago? Maybe it is from something that happened weeks ago and is now getting up. Oh well. I hadn't seen the hoodie so meh. It is what it is.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-17 09:26:32
Link | Citer | R

It's new, they just posted it on the OF. it's just recapping what they already said with a couple new bits. (well, this morning)

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56360-%E3%80%8C%E7%AC%AC49%E5%9B%9E-%E3%82%82%E3%81%8E%E3%81%9F%E3%81%A6-%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A1%E3%83%8A%E3%83%BB%E3%83%87%E3%82%A3%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB%E3%80%8D

Quote:
Last year, we were working hard on our 20th anniversary, so we worked on improving the installers and improving the wiring for new players.
We believe that this year will be the year in which we will add content that will allow us to enjoy the "enriched Vana Deal Life."
One of them is "Refreshing Wanted Equipment," which was mentioned in the New Year's Greeting, and plans new content along with it.
Congestion is a problem when new content is added, but in this case, we will use the multiplexing of layers cultivated in last year's "Ambascade" and assume operation with a wide entrance.

The content for the renewal of Wanted equipment is designed so that the introduction part can be participated with about CL119, and we want to make it chewy by expansion.
The reward side is also appropriate, it will be about +2 Ambassador equipment.
The re-strike will also support accessories. I hope this will further expand the range of equipment choices.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-01-17 09:41:37
Link | Citer | R

A date for this would be nice
By SimonSes 2020-01-17 09:42:39
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
A date for this would be nice

Are you mad? :O
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-01-17 09:52:37
Link | Citer | R

I did take away that they were really into talking about how this is basically nearing the end of the year/fiscal quarter so they are in a kind of standby mode it sounded like. They even said something about February being some sort of short month so I doubt we'll see much until May or after.

Just keep snacking on those mindlessly tedious Ambuscade "updates" and enjoy your recycled Lockstyle login items.

Womp womp.

Oh, one thing I did catch is when they were talking about Domain Invasion, they said the lowest spawn time for Wyrms is 30 seconds based on number of people participating. That isn't really even viable, even on Asura, as the DI wyrms are basically just a train though.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-17 09:54:17
Link | Citer | R

Next month or March probably. They started mentioning this back in October when they announced Siren questline and Domain Invasion changes. They haven't brought Siren back up, so I would imagine the Wanted upgrade comes soon, considering we currently have a Wanted campaign ongoing right now.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-01-17 13:16:52
Link | Citer | R

Generally, February, May, August, and November are the "big update" months, and given this month's campaigns.... I'm pretty sure it's Feb update. But then, they didn't have any teaser in this... or any real info beyond that the new battle content is an instanced thing that will have multiple servers like Ambuscade now has.
There was also some hardware upgrades last month.... so that might have been installing new servers to the network.

We'll see if it starts in Feb in 2 weeks or so. (assuming the update is on the 10thish)

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Aeonova said: »
it sounds like the items from Wanted will be going to +2 and +3 so that's pretty hot

The translation does convert to "+2 and +3", and he is visibly seen making a hand gesture which indicates a rising, progressive increase (they are talking about WANTED, as that translates properly). They've said in the past that it would be a "single path augment" for each item, limited to only the HQ versions, but I have heard them use the word "Reforge" which may mean they haven't completely decided how they are going to implement it. Or maybe they originally wanted to do augments and then figured Reforge with stronger stats would be a better idea, perhaps for inventory/storage reasons.

He did also mention that the idea is to have each item actually have a use when they do release the upgrades, so that's something to look forward to since many Wanted items are complete garbage and are only swaps tied to the Unity effect.

This is all with translate to english (which was a nightmare to read).
They're talking about how the rewards from the new content (or possibly just the UCNM gear, I'm uncertain on if there's rewards separate from the UCNM stuff) will be of equal power to Ambuscade+2 stuff. And that this first "wave" of content is only going to be CL119 for newer people's ease, where they will add harder versions later.

The summary on the OF again says "打ち直し", which definitely could be read as "reforge"... But it could just be "slang" for enhancement.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-01-17 13:29:26
Link | Citer | R

I loved doing wanted NMs when they first came out, nostalgia and it was nice figuring out the strats. I hope they add a harder type mode of fights instead of just making us collect something else to upgrade the items.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Torzak 2020-01-17 13:46:03
Link | Citer | R

Current Unity Fights' enmity mechanics are a mess. Without knowing what they'll do or how they'll handle it all, a frustration pops to mind.

I can't wait for something like a Ternion +2/3 or a Loricate Torque +2/3 or some of the others. We'll see!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-17 13:46:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Too bad it's white.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2020-01-17 14:29:54
Link | Citer | R

I'm a 40 year old heavy machinery mechanic and I can say unequivocally I would buy 3 of those hoodies. 1 for work, 1 for home and 1 to keep for later when the other 2 have met thier end. In fact I am looking right now to see how I can get some of that sweet sweet piety action. #Briault4Life
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-01-17 14:31:12
Link | Citer | R

Torzak said: »
I can't wait for something like a Ternion +2/3 or a Loricate Torque +2/3 or some of the others. We'll see!
Well you're going to be waiting to a long time for that. (that +2/3 derp has nothing to do with how the UCNM gear will be. The +3 thing seems to be the bot mistaking an "an/nn" ("uh" or "um" in Japanese) for "san". The statement seemed to be "+2... uh.... Ambuscade equipment" for the offending "translation" subtitles.)

What we know from this:
  • The new battle content is instanced.

• It uses multiple servers for congestion. (Just like Ambuscade does now.)

• The first will be CL119 for regard to returnees.

• Higher levels will be added later. (Or it might be that it grows in power like Incursion? I'm uncertain on what was meant.)

• The rewards/upgrades will be equal in power to +2 Ambuscade gear.

• Accessories are included, so it's not just weapons and armors.

What was said in #47:
  • Upgrades will be single-path ranked augments, not +2ing. (no word on the full level)

• Only the +1s will get augments, no NQ items.

• Upgrading won't involve UCNM system at all.

However there's been some ambiguity with them using the word "reforge"... So until the 3rd (probably) at the earliest, is when we'll get the details... should February be the update with the new content. And that it's on the 10th.

But until they clear up any details having changed plans; the above is what has been told to us so far, and what we should expect until new information is revealed otherwise.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.