Besieged LUA?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Besieged LUA?
Besieged LUA?
 Asura.Wolfemasters
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Wolfemasters 2020-01-14 18:07:43
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone know if there's a LUA or addon or whatever to notify you of whenever there is an approaching Besieged and to keep you updated as to the progress of it? Basically, it will let you know whenever it is at Level 1, 2, 3, etc. and when they are advancing/attacking.

I can't imagine it would be hard to program/code a LUA to keep track of that sort of thing, but I have no idea where you would even start, or if one has already been made and is just not easily available on Windower.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Wolfemasters
By Asura.Wolfemasters 2020-01-14 18:37:50
Link | Citer | R

I know they display it if you're in Aht Urghan, I was hoping for something that functioned "world wide," and would tell you wherever you are in the game. I love doing Besieged and since they have that challenge once a month to do 2 Besieged battles, this would be helpful.

A vast majority of functions that are already in the game are made into addons for Windower. They're just advanced versions that tend to function a lot better and make things easier.

You can macro change equipment in the game already, yet people use gearswap to do it for them and to a higher degree than the game allows naturally. Same thing for the timestamp addon. And autojoin, and gametime, you don't need highlight if you just look, macrochanger too, pouches literally just spam uses all of an item, rolltracker, probably about half of the addons just enhance already existing features.

Imagine, I'm looking for an addon to enhance an already existing feature.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-01-14 18:59:49
Link | Citer | R

region info -> besieged
[+]
By kishr 2020-01-14 21:38:08
Link | Citer | R

As much as a addon that messege you when a beast army is advancing, 1 silver voucher isn't worth the effort to write the code for it.
[+]
By Spoiled 2020-01-14 23:49:28
Link | Citer | R

kishr said: »
As much as a addon that messege you when a beast army is advancing, 1 silver voucher isn't worth the effort to write the code for it.

1 silver voucher is worth about 500k, thats debatable.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-01-15 02:48:35
Link | Citer | R

I kinda have this half written. From what I remember, there were two issues:

1. The game client has a 3 mins cooldown per request. If you bring up the /besiegedmap back-to-back, the client just displays the first set of data. Obviously, the addon would need to implement this cooldown to prevent someone from hitting the server in a detectable way.

2. Some zones appear to block the /besiegedmap data request, such as Dynamis D zones and BCNMs - using /besiegedmap in Dyna just displayed question marks on each section of the map, but this may have just been Dyna lag so I need to confirm.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2020-01-16 20:39:58
Link | Citer | R

https://besiege.info/cgi-bin/stat.cgi
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-01-17 02:00:03
Link | Citer | R

Nice thanks for the link - this is probably better suited for the job. Having a heads up to plan ahead for the next Besieged is better than an addon telling you it's starting when in the middle of something else.
[+]
 Asura.Wolfemasters
By Asura.Wolfemasters 2020-01-18 16:02:07
Link | Citer | R

Thanks, that will help out a lot.