Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » December 2019 New Recipes
December 2019 New Recipes
By geigei 2019-12-11 10:46:45
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
geigei said: »
nobody is going to pay 500mil for these +1's.

After 2months or so after people get their 1k rewards there will be nobody spaming daily dragons.

You really underestimate minmaxers lol.. Just wait for it.
I know but the only way to see those +1 is to sell them cheap so crafters can do their ***, 15hours play over 2 weeks is not cheap.
By SimonSes 2019-12-11 10:47:57
Link | Citer | R

Belt is trash

If you think that, you probably has no idea how damage of helixes is calculated. +35 magic damage is afaik almost as good as 30+ mab for helix (assuming bis set)?
By geigei 2019-12-11 10:58:21
Link | Citer | R

Helix? what year is this?
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-11 11:00:10
Link | Citer | R

Helix is useful, but counterargument is that you can't benefit from doing past 10k which is already pretty easy to reach. Who cares if you do another 200 damage on initial nuke if it doesn't help DoT.

I don't doubt people will pay for them, but they're incredibly marginal for how much they're going to cost to make. I can't see wyrm ash being less than 10m, and for the first month it'll probably be triple that. God forbid we end up with it having the koh-i-noor flag and shields being unable to save it.

Really poor design.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-11 11:08:13
Link | Citer | R

nobody is going to pay 500mil for these +1's.

After 2months or so after people get their 1k rewards there will be nobody spaming daily dragons.

You really underestimate minmaxers lol.. Just wait for it.
I know but the only way to see those +1 is to sell them cheap so crafters can do their ***, 15hours play over 2 weeks is not cheap.
That depends on how much people bust out the mule armies. You get credit even when doing nothing in the battlefields, so someone could set up a few characters they weren't planning on using for a couple hours in a zone and only pay attention to them enough to grab elvorseals.

Someone with 5 mules could get 10 wyrm ash a month with little input necessary.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-11 11:15:14
Link | Citer | R

If you mean dollar mules, you still have to level them to 99 and sitting in zitah for 5 diff mules would be 11 hours (+another hour for the main).

If you mean leveled mules on their own SE accounts, that might help in a couple months, but early on people will likely want to grab gear for them. Most people with 5 leveled mules aren't hurting for gil.
By SimonSes 2019-12-11 12:35:34
Link | Citer | R

Helix? what year is this?

Guy in my LS has 3~5/5 volte on few chars because he 3 box all/most wave 2 NMs + Wave 2 boss with SCH/RUN/COR. He used the same for Lilith trioboxing VD on day one.

Sounds pretty useful to me.
By SimonSes 2019-12-11 12:40:46
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
which is already pretty easy to reach

I'm sorry if I am being ignorant here (I dont play SCH on highest lv yet. Only started tog ear it recently), but isnt 10k that easy only with Malaise?
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-11 12:50:04
Link | Citer | R

I'm sorry if I am being ignorant here (I dont play SCH on highest lv yet. Only started tog ear it recently), but isnt 10k that easy only with Malaise?

Depends on target, of course. For anything where you can cap m.acc that doesn't have excessive MDB or a MDT- trait you don't need malaise. Obviously not the entire game, but when you get into harder stuff you tend to bring a GEO anyway. Might be able to push 10k without ebullience or malaise with a couple more gear improvements, but meh. For the cost of a full RMEA(which is likely where these settle), not exactly impressive. Be an easier sell if helixes didn't cap.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-11 14:47:45
Link | Citer | R

real question to me is whether that wyrm ash is gonna break every time a shield owner uses it, or has a decent preservation rate. If one could average a HQ for every 2-3 ashes, then maybe we're talking about legitimate HQs on the market. If its one of those "breaks damn near every time" items....well yeah.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2019-12-20 07:29:00
Link | Citer | R

Now that we are getting closer to getting Wyrm Ash I was looking at synth materials necessary for these 4(8) new items and realized how much Goldsmithing gets shafted by comparison with Balder Earring... the NQ is basically worthless and the base cost without Wyrm Ash is a minimum of 8.8m gil since the materials are sourced from NPC or gobbiebox only.

Even if you farm Wyrm Ash on your own, that's a pretty restrictive price point in comparison to the other items that have a mostly worthwhile NQ variant. Traditionally speaking I know Goldsmithing had a tendency to cost more, but that's a bit much for something that even the HQ has questionable function but I guess that's SE for ya.

Balder Earring - ~8.8m
Gerdr Belt - ~2.5m
Skrymir Cord - ~4.5m
Aurgelmir Orb - ~3.3m

I'm just wondering if anyone would even bother making anything beyond Aurgelmir Orb at the point with the Wyrm Ash, and what that means for the price of Ash overall.

Side note:
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2019-12-20 08:15:57
Link | Citer | R

2 months? Pretty confident that people want more than only 4 1k items. (Skill earrings alone add a week per earring.)
By geigei 2019-12-20 08:18:10
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
2 months? Pretty confident that people want more than only 4 1k items. (Skill earrings alone add a week per earring.)
Some yea, people i know allready burned out before the first 1k lol, *** tedious...
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-12-20 10:18:59
Link | Citer | R

Its not tedious if you dont focus on it. Do it when you watch tv shows, eat, study, etc. All you need to do is go to new zone and afk 13 min.
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-12-20 10:23:24
Link | Citer | R

Its not tedious if you dont focus on it. Do it when you watch tv shows, eat, study, etc. All you need to do is go to new zone and afk 13 min.

Idk how anyone could study/focus on work when you KNOW in exactly 10 minutes that you need to be there to move you guy around. I just find it stressful.
 Bismarck.Sterk
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-12-20 10:26:31
Link | Citer | R

It won't kill you to skip a dragon if you don't want to pay attention for the next 20 mins.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-12-20 10:27:27
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Senaki said: »

Idk how anyone could study/focus on work when you KNOW in exactly 10 minutes that you need to be there to move you guy around. I just find it stressful.

Depends on work and what you study. Also if you study or work for 6h for example, you dont need to do it every 10 min. You can go to zone, afk. Come back whenever you want, even in 2 hours and just check where is new dragon, go there and afk again.
By Mafai 2019-12-23 11:41:03
Link | Citer | R

Just fair warning, the ash is 100% loss on break.

[+]
By Taint 2019-12-23 11:50:39
Link | Citer | R

No bueno
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-23 11:52:11
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Senaki said: »

You don't have to move every 10 minutes; if you kill a dragon and immediately move to the next one, you can wait 20-25 minutes (during which you'll get credit for dragon #2) and still have time to get to dragon #3 when you come back.