Forum » FFXI » General » Dear SE
Dear SE
First Page 2 ... 11 12 13

| Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-10-29 23:07:34
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the offer but I'll have to pass.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-10-29 23:09:08
Link | Citer | R

Reduce 3+4 to $1/each, keep 5+6 at $2/each, I'll pay it.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-10-29 23:29:14
Link | Citer | R

more space is nice but zoning already takes forever. maybe they should consider reducing the amount of usefull niche pieces that only benefit a single or a few jobs and combine certain stats that work well together (for example macc, matt, mab, fastcast).

maybe bring back/improve the old armor claim slip npcs (where you used to store race specific armor) cause its more comfortable to grab the whole set with a single click, ofc only if all pieces of the set are usefull.

i think the augment system had the most negative impact on our inventory space.
[+]
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-10-29 23:49:54
Link | Citer | R

Still think that a Phantom AF armor that takes the shape(and stats) of whatever job you're on Artifact armor (you gotta trade in your af / i109 / hq / +2 / +3 version to a npc and get an equiv KI that allows the phantom one to become that job's AF you have the KI for would be top. So you'd take only 15 space (3 for each set AF / relic / empy) for all jobs JSE.
[+]
 Asura.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2019-10-30 00:00:31
Link | Citer | R

It’s a good thing you posted here. SE will definitely take it into account. /endsarc
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-30 00:09:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Elizabet said: »
Still think that a Phantom AF armor that takes the shape(and stats) of whatever job you're on Artifact armor (you gotta trade in your af / i109 / hq / +2 / +3 version to a npc and get an equiv KI that allows the phantom one to become that job's AF you have the KI for would be top. So you'd take only 15 space (3 for each set AF / relic / empy) for all jobs JSE.

This is the thing I've always wanted tbh. instead of 110 AF 110 relic 110 empyrean, it could've easily been "chameleon gear" that you simply unlock that particular job's set instead of actually obtaining a new set. Same with rema weapons. Really isnt a need for 22 different weapons, make one, you've made them all, it's just redundant. 60 pieces of herculean gear 60 pieces of valorous gear, all with the same augs. 100 JSE capes all with the same augs. It's just excessive. It could very easily be 1 SU5 neck that just changes to whatever job you're on too.

But dats the way you make money. Overload inventory to sell more space. They're just taking a really long time rolling out more freemium bags.
By Shichishito 2019-10-30 00:59:01
Link | Citer | R

sounds like a great idea but i believe KIs need to be loaded too during zoning and contrary to inventory stuff you can't outsource them to the mog/house.

i don't know if a KI entry takes the same time loading as a inventory one. it still would have the convenience benefits.

i mean they could always offer the "chameleon gear" for real money. it be super fishy but so was charging for wardrobe 3+4 and people still bought it.
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-10-30 00:59:24
Link | Citer | R

Well, for example, say you make a relic weapon, you could get a chameleon one but you'd still have to make the other relics, trade them, get the proper KI for the chameleon to be able to morph to that one... So you'd still need to grind them all / i.e. keeps you in the game doing things, but removes the buttload of inv space needed to hold everything.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Gorns
Serveur: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2019-10-30 04:27:54
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
I think that like the vagary weekly roe there should be one for Omen where you get a scale of the boss you kill if the quest is active, once per week or even month.

And/or able to trade 3 to 1 on scales

+11111
 Leviathan.Andret
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-10-30 05:28:06
Link | Citer | R

What will be the possible load times for inventories if you get wardrobe 5,6,7,8,9,10?

They need to have a storage that will only load in mog garden or something so we can store a ton of stuff without heavy load times...
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-30 07:20:15
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, with consoles gone, there's no decent excuse not to adjust the packet size limitations and fix those load times. It isn't an obscene amount of data to begin with.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By DononofSylph 2019-10-30 08:07:19
Link | Citer | R

They should just combine all artifact gear into one piece, or take the niche gear that is viable for just one ability/spell and roll that feature into another gear. Artifact, Empyrean, Relic, Su3, all of which have situational uses for one JA... one spell etc.

Carrying around one piece of gear for warcry recast or last resort effect is ridiculous.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-30 08:15:20
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
That's like going to your mechanic and asking them to take your engine apart and machine the parts of it or add cylinders (I dunno much about engines but you get the point)

I don't know engines either, but I know software, and it really isn't anything like that if they have a single capable senior engineer. Even if they needed to borrow someone from another project for a week to figure it out, it would be a colossal improvement to the game in general to increase packet size. The client can already handle packets much larger than those the server is sending, you can actually make a plugin that manually injects your inventory stuff much faster than they send it.

In all likelihood, it isn't really that much work though, and it just means changing a single value for max packet size in the server code and eating more of the queue at a time. Some load balancing may be required if their networking software or hardware is extremely outdated, but with anything modern it should be able to run as is with the packet size increased fourfold.

1200 bytes * 3 packet interval/sec * 32000 active players(if every server had 2000 like asura, and they don't, just going over the top) = 115.2Mb/sec.. a laptop NIC can handle that kind of throughput and it isn't increasing the number of active clients.. never mind that max size is only reached for a bit after zoning and usually you will be limited by the amount of data that actually needs to be sent
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-10-30 08:18:31
Link | Citer | R

If they hadn't decided to punish people for liking multiple jobs by reforging AF/Relic/Empyrean, making capes that are job exclusive with redundant stats, loading us with niche augments, etc... We wouldn't need all these wardrobes in the first place.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-10-30 08:19:37
Link | Citer | R

DononofSylph said: »
Carrying around one piece of gear for warcry recast or last resort effect is ridiculous.

Yeah but thats the core of FFXI. To get all that pieces for tons of macros to min/max you char.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-30 08:23:07
Link | Citer | R

If you don't like gear swapping or using multiple sets, I really can't fathom why you would prefer XI to any modern MMO. Just because it's easy..?
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-10-30 08:29:47
Link | Citer | R

min/maxing is nice and all but you can over do it. the only thing XI did really well and still is fun today is the weaponskill/skillchain/magic burst system.

even if they could drastically lower load times after zoning with little effort they probably will not do it.
1. doing nothing costs even less and
2. assuming a single zone needs about 30-60 sec to load and you only zone 15 times/hour thats still 7,5-15 minutes of extra "play time" to keep you busy.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-10-30 10:13:25
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
If they hadn't decided to punish people for liking multiple jobs by reforging AF/Relic/Empyrean, making capes that are job exclusive with redundant stats, loading us with niche augments, etc... We wouldn't need all these wardrobes in the first place.

This is really it right here. They've loaded us down with JSE armor and capes. I literally have to weigh every piece of gear I get now on my main against what jobs I can use it on. I started an alt, which I ended up playing on a ton, just so I can play more jobs.

S-E took the strength of their game, which is that one character can have all jobs, and crippled that by throwing too much JSE at us.

One thing they could do is cluster Ambuscade capes like they do armor sets, by job role. One cape MNK/SAM/NIN. One cape WAR/PLD/DRG/DRK. Etc. Because we end up with a lot of similar stats on capes.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-10-30 10:32:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sirris said: »
One thing they could do is cluster Ambuscade capes like they do armor sets, by job role

Most ambu capes has awesome and OP stats on them that are job specific. How would you work around that?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-30 10:33:28
Link | Citer | R

Chameleon Cape

Still one cape it just becomes the cape of the job you're on, augs stay
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-10-30 10:36:55
Link | Citer | R

Or better yet, have 17 armor pieces with all stats +150 on them, equipable for all jobs. Then go down the list of weapons types and put all stats +100, all skills +319, standard delay, equipable to all jobs who can equip such items, and call it a day.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-10-30 11:07:45
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Most ambu capes has awesome and OP stats on them that are job specific. How would you work around that?

At this point, the logical thing would be more to do an All Jobs cape and just let us (re)make the standard TP/WS/MACC/Nuke/etc capes on it instead of having several copies of the same one.

For as nice as the base stats on them are, they're macro pieces for a majority of jobs, and wouldn't be missed for TP/WS/Nuke/etc capes.

'course, simply mandating wider job selection on new gear would be nice too. While they may see it as a way to balance jobs, or a way to maintain the appeal of some older items...it's not very player friendly to "need" to keep around multiple items that do almost the same thing, just because they opted to leave a job or two off the list this time.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2019-10-30 12:50:12
Link | Citer | R

While in principle I agree with people on the concepts of chameleon armor and single ambu cape for all jobs, it's not going to happen. Why would SE drastically drop our inventory space when it would only lower their profit as people stop using using wardrobes 3/4? Adding more wardrobes is also not a solution as FFXI runs on potato code on old servers and giving each player 160 more potential slot would further slow down the system and may require them to make hardware upgrade.

There is a delicate balance between keeping player "happy" and maximizing profit and - given the old technology constraints and a game nearing its end - it's just not worth it business-wise for them to make any effort in this direction.
By DononofSylph 2019-10-30 12:54:29
Link | Citer | R

Is WoW the same way? As someone who has never played the game, do they macro in gearsets for all JA's and spells etc?
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-10-30 12:55:35
Link | Citer | R

No, it's vertical gear upgrade you put on and it never leaves you till you find something better.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-10-30 18:37:40
Link | Citer | R

DononofSylph said: »
Is WoW the same way? As someone who has never played the game, do they macro in gearsets for all JA's and spells etc?
i don't think you can swap gear in wow, you pick the overall best piece for the slot and roll with it.
First Page 2 ... 11 12 13