Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-28 07:59:39
Link | Citer | R

I suffered through his horrible persona for the third video because it seemed to be an interesting premise, only to get to the end and see that it's just a generic fundraiser with no innovative elements and serves to do nothing besides raise the popularity and virtue signal of the youtubers participating.

Heavily cloaked shitpost.
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-10-28 08:39:36
Link | Citer | R

At least he's actually coming up with an idea that will benefit the planet in the short to mid term unlike that petulant "Greta" *** and the retards who support her.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-10-28 08:47:01
Link | Citer | R

As an environmentalist I think this is as dumb as Chinese growing trees. In case you didn't know, China had a plan to grow trees to protect the environment like soil erosion and stuff in their poorer regions. They made great progress in growing trees except for the fact that their goats like the trees and ate them. So they kept having to replant the trees over and over.

20m is a drop in the bucket. Even then it will cost you a whole lot more than $1 per tree. You could do a whole lot better with a lot less trees and good urban planning.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-10-28 09:36:33
Link | Citer | R

Or growing red algae to elimanate cow farts.

https://civileats.com/2019/06/03/can-we-grow-enough-seaweed-to-help-cows-fight-climate-change/
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-28 09:47:02
Link | Citer | R

Man, you guys gotta ***on everything dontcha. Of course one guy/group can't plant twenty million trees in 2 months. Yeah it's a fund raiser. They're over 7 million in 2 days. (5.5+1.7)

It's better than boycotting or whatever other ***people think makes a difference that actually doesn't.

You can hate mrbeast, totally irrelevant. Pay attention to the science videos. Smartereveryday for example. The first video is good too.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-10-28 09:53:28
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Could just eat more veal and kill em before they fart
[+]
By ashcrow 2019-10-28 10:10:49
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
I hate this obnoxious asshat, everything he does is purely to build his brand.

Everyone is like that sadly
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-28 10:14:02
Link | Citer | R

ashcrow said: »
I hate this obnoxious asshat, everything he does is purely to build his brand.

Everyone is like that sadly

That's the name of the game isn't it? Philanthropy itself only goes so far, you need a following. (or people to pay) You need bodies to make ***happen.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Artsncrafts 2019-10-28 10:41:22
Link | Citer | R

lul keep giving away your hard earned sheckles goyim

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-10-28 11:17:54
Link | Citer | R

did someone say recycling?
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-10-28 11:56:08
Link | Citer | R

Also there is no way they will plant 20 million trees, it's just nonsense ad campaign. The charity simply can't do that, it's impossible. They might as well say 100 billion trees.

The thing that annoys me about the good intentions of people supporting these videos is that it really has almost no impact anyway, sure western nations care about this but India, China and other massive nations do not care and they are going to overtake us in a few years and do way more damage than we ever could. We will become less influential over time they will become more powerful and what they want goes and what we want is ignored, China is already on the brink of becoming the most powerful economic nation on earth and India is moving up fast. Meanwhile we complain about and make out Russia is the worlds bogeyman, even though they have a GDP lower than many American states.

Whatever is going to happen "to the planet" is going to happen no matter what we or that guy does, China are moving into lots of places around the world and doing all manner of horrible things and nobody cares or says anything. If we did they would ignore it anyway because they are massive (all our virtue signalling companies bend the knee to them due to their massive populations too) and have nuclear weapons and a massive military too so why should they care what we say about anything.

You can plant all the trees you want and recycle every day but 3 billion people in China and India won't and they don't care in the slightest. China already produces far more pollution than the USA, EU and Canada combined and all the activists never say a word to them. If anything China and India just see it as a way to get an advantage to overtake us faster.

Every time I see a western politician say they are going to cut pollution to save the planet I laugh, because our impact is barely anything compared to the rest of the world who don't care at all anyway. China, India and the rest of the world are not lowering theirs, they are increasing it.

You also forgot to mention that there is no incentive for them to change their ways either.

Not only does China and India don't give a ***, it's in their best interests to pollute more as, since the whole world is somehow focused on the US and many of our representatives, who is using this "crisis" as a way to cloak their real agendas in the name of combating this "crisis" (i.e. The Green New Deal), they see this as an excellent opportunity to do 2 things at once: Continue to grow their own domestic economy (both figuratively and inflated economies in China's case) and 2) Hurt their largest adversary who will continue to get blamed for actions their own doing (aka China pollutes more, idiots blame the US for that, even though the US is doing everything under the sun to combat this, it's still somehow "our" fault that China/India is polluting).

Until the cult of climate change goes away, this will continue to play right into China's hands.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-10-28 12:06:53
Link | Citer | R

But don't get me wrong. I fully support improving our environment at all possible ability.

And I think we are doing a great job balancing improving our environment while not offsetting economic growth. As long as that continues, I will continue to support said efforts.

Only thing I'm against is this shadow agenda of completely altering our social economic system in the name of "environmental science" which, if you actually took the time to look at what is being proposed, will not accomplish any of the goals they are telling you will accomplish, and, in the Green New Deal's case, will actually pollute the environment in ways that makes China blush.

For example: Even if you are able to magically create enough wind farms to power the entire US power grid, not only will you take up more space than we actually have, but all of that space will no longer be able to produce the basic necessaries needed to survive (i.e. food). It takes 105 acres per windmill of space that could have been used to increase foodsupply.

And that's not even touching any of the raw materials needed to create not only the windmills themselves, but also the powerlines to transfer the power to the batteries needed to store (and the loss of power during the transfer) and the materials needed to create the batteries to store the power.

It's just not possible. Planting 20 million trees would do a whole lot more good than anything else proposed by the cult of climate science currently. Even though the 20 million trees is impossible to obtain.

/rant
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-10-28 12:21:38
Link | Citer | R

I have to wonder who is really behind these things.
Honest answer: It's all about power, cloaked in the mantle of environmental improvement. Absolutely nobody who supports the Green New Deal wants to improve the environment, they want to be the leaders of the new social/economic system they want to put in place in lieu of our current capitalist Republic. What they want to change it to depends on the person who is promoting said policy.

And those people will stop at nothing to achieve said goal. They have used emotions, children, threats, demeaning opposing viewpoints, even outright denying the real solution to improve the environment in a way that solves both sides of the argument (i.e. nuclear power).
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-28 12:24:34
Link | Citer | R

They will absolutely plant 20,000,000 seeds at least.

To officially place twenty million saplings, maybe not. But it's a very achievable goal with enough bodies (including mechanical drones)

Also, you have to stop measuring what you do (the country does) against anyone else. Thats why pollution and liter is a problem to begin with. Just because every other *** head throws cigarette butts on the ground doesn't make it ok for you to do it. Change has to start somewhere.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-10-28 12:26:11
Link | Citer | R

Planting 20 mil tree seeds doesn't mean 20 mil trees will grow from it.

Given the space, they may be lucky to get 2 thousand trees grown and healthy when it's all said and done. Growing trees is a lot harder to do than people think....
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-28 12:28:18
Link | Citer | R

They arent going to stuff 20 million in one field man, come on
By Chimerawizard 2019-10-28 12:34:16
Link | Citer | R

Rather than all or nothing, it still works if countries worried about the change go full protectionist, closing their borders to all countries that don't adhere to their emission standards.

If the western world stopped buying from China, India, wherever. The pollution from those countries would virtually disappear, as the potential buyer market evaporates.

However, what do we seek? Open borders, free trade, and massive local regulations.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-10-28 12:36:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They arent going to stuff 20 million in one field man, come on
I didn't say they were.

In order to do it efficiently, they will need at least 40 feet between seedling.

So, basically 3 square miles, give or take a few square feet, of free space. Going by how much land is "rented" (at least in South Texas), you are looking at close to $100,000/month for all that land (could be cheaper, could be more, it really depends on how generous the landowner is in setting rates for this).

I'm not saying that it is impossible, but highly unlikely to do with just a fundraiser. Like others said before, it's probably just for self-promotion.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-28 12:40:42
Link | Citer | R

Look at the drone video (the second one in the OP) they're replanting a burned down section of forest. Totally free.

They put 360,000 trees in peru this year
750,000 in madagascar this year

A million is a far cry from 20 million, but they didn't get 20million dollars worth of funds to do it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-10-28 12:48:54
Link | Citer | R

Chimerawizard said: »
Rather than all or nothing, it still works if countries worried about the change go full protectionist, closing their borders to all countries that don't adhere to their emission standards.

If the western world stopped buying from China, India, wherever. The pollution from those countries would virtually disappear, as the potential buyer market evaporates.

However, what do we seek? Open borders, free trade, and massive local regulations.
Full embargoes in this case only works if the entire world gets on it.

The whole reason why US's embargo on Cuba didn't pan out back in the 60's-90's is because we were basically the only ones who enforced it. Same reason why NK's trade embargo doesn't fully pan out, although their economy is in the shredder still cause of it.

In this case, the rest of the world would have to embargo Russia/India/China for this to work, and even then, they produce just enough to support each other for an extended period of time.

There is literally no way for the western world to combat China/India's pollution without the worse and worst scenario:

Worse: Military action
Worst: Complete annihilation

We can scoff and snub all we want, but we cannot do anything to get them to change their behavior without making things worse.
[+]
By Artsncrafts 2019-10-28 13:08:14
Link | Citer | R

riddle me this big brain geniuses, if india/china pollution is so bad and man made climate change is real, wouldnt they be experiencing the worst effects seeing as they are messing up the atmosphere around them the most
By Chimerawizard 2019-10-28 13:18:07
Link | Citer | R

woops wrong one.

[+]
By Artsncrafts 2019-10-28 13:19:28
Link | Citer | R

Chimerawizard said: »

woops wrong one.

that balding news wanna-be forgot to mention anything about climate change
First Page 2 3