FFXIDB Mini Map Annoying Zoom Issue

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » FFXIDB Mini Map Annoying Zoom Issue
FFXIDB Mini Map Annoying Zoom Issue
By wizzit 2019-10-17 06:51:00
Link | Citer | R

Whenever I zoom out too far on the minimap it resets back to extreme closeup, you would be able to see ants its so close. Is there any way to put a limit on how much it can be zoomed out? Its really easy to over zoom and then have to zoom all the way back out again is just painful.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-10-17 12:24:32
Link | Citer | R

There's no such option afaik.

I never ran into this issue because I can't imagine playing this game with a mouse :/
[+]
By Artsncrafts 2019-10-17 12:31:07
Link | Citer | R

its the commands //ffxidb m z- or z+ not a mouse

something like that, and that issue always bothered me too.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-17 12:42:47
Link | Citer | R

Interesting that there is no disable zoom, that's always a thing. I don't know how you accidentally Z with the keyboard zoom... i do it sometimes with the mouse wheel but its incredibly rare, I just reset it after.
By Artsncrafts 2019-10-17 12:44:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Interesting that there is no disable zoom, that's always a thing. I don't know how you accidentally Z with the keyboard zoom... i do it sometimes with the mouse wheel but its incredibly rare, I just reset it after.

Every time you do //ffxidb m z- / or z+

it will zoom in or out by 1 "notch". There are some maps however when you do Z+ or Z- and the map completely wigs out. I believe this is what hes referring to
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-17 12:46:04
Link | Citer | R

Why would you be altering the zoom to begin with, set it where you want it and it's good forever
By wizzit 2019-10-17 14:08:47
Link | Citer | R

Artsncrafts said: »

Every time you do //ffxidb m z- / or z+

it will zoom in or out by 1 "notch". There are some maps however when you do Z+ or Z- and the map completely wigs out. I believe this is what hes referring to

To reproduce the bug at least on my PC, I put the mouse cursor over the minimap, scroll the mouse wheel down so the the map zooms out, then it gets to the furthest point zoomed out and resets back to zoomed completely in but to the point that you could see ants (obviously you cant but you get my point lol). At the point you can continue to scroll the mouse hweel down to zoom out but because its so far zoomed in it takes an annoyingly long time to zoom back out, but it doesnt work going the other way so you can only zoom in to a certain point then it just stops, which is how it should work so why doesnt it work that way zooming out and just stop at certain point.

Why would you be altering the zoom to begin with, set it where you want it and it's good forever

Because some maps are larger and if I'm travelling I like to zoom out so I dont have to keep going into the main game map every few secs to see if I'm heading right, or other reasons such as this.