WoW Classic Higher Pop Than Live.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » WoW Classic higher pop than live.
WoW Classic higher pop than live.
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11
 Asura.Kalimairo
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: kalimairo
By Asura.Kalimairo 2019-09-30 02:07:48
Link | Citer | R

Been playing classic wow for a while since i quit FFXI, The population had Exceeded retail WoW even combining the last 4 expansions lots of people in the forums disliked the idea of Classic wow they also hated on it and talked ***. not too long ago most of them posted videos and tweets of how wrong they were.
YouTube Video Placeholder

The real Question is why would you not want FFXI Classic if you only needed 1 subscription to play either version of the game,
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-09-30 02:17:08
Link | Citer | R

It's the beginning of month 2, WoW has been "dying" for a decade now. I'll change my tune when we're maybe 6~ months in and WoW Classic is still this popular.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-09-30 03:15:24
Link | Citer | R

I'm hoping that SE is waiting to see how well WoW Classic is doing as a few months of activation before deciding anything. Already people have sent them petitions, showing a desire for a FFXI Classic of sorts. A lot of MMOs are heading down the path of legacy servers, including: Maplestory, Runescape, now WoW. All have proven to be more popular then their 'modern' counterparts, I doubt FFXI would be an outlier in this. SE has been know to say, "we will never..." and then go ahead and do just that. So we shall need to wait to see if they do anything.

Even if people do not intend to play on a Legacy FFXI, there is no doubt that there is a demand for it. The reason most people on this forum are so against it is because the only people still on here are Veterans of the current FFXI, so there is an inherit bias.
[+]
By axetofall 2019-09-30 04:06:43
Link | Citer | R

Classic FFXI? There are better ways to torture yourself.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-09-30 04:39:42
Link | Citer | R

LV75 cap FFXI server???

[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-09-30 09:38:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kalimairo said: »
The real Question is why would you not want FFXI Classic if you only needed 1 subscription to play either version of the game,

I don't know why this needs answered again, are you illiterate or delusional?

I'll reiterate it again as I'm probably verifiably insane.

XI already has strained resources due to the direction the company went, they already have a ***wow clone that they wasted all their profits into making twice. XI doesn't have anywhere near the subscribers (and never did), it is not financially viable for the company to do it, and the players who still play don't want what updates they do to be ruined by a half hazard scheme to prey on the nostalgia of morons.

tl;dr no, now go away.

edit: also get the *** off my lawn
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-09-30 09:45:14
Link | Citer | R

FFXI Classic would be a terrible idea. Terrible. Imagine HNM camps again. As adults with lives and careers. It would be impossible.

Also, WoW Classic numbers are high but will they stay high? That's the thing. I've got friends who are already bored with it. You can only milk nostalgia for so long.
[+]
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-09-30 10:41:27
Link | Citer | R

The main difference is that classic WoW is a better game than retail wow. That is very much not the case for FFXI.

Now classic pre calamity, FFXIV 1.23b though...
[+]
By Meeble 2019-09-30 10:58:17
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Senaki said: »
The reason most people on this forum are so against it is because the only people still on here are Veterans of the current FFXI, so there is an inherit bias.

I don't object to the idea of classic XI. I'm just realistic about the costs involved in launching and maintaining it, I just don't see any way that could be a profitable investment for SE.

I am surprised FFXI Mobile keeps slipping, though. Re-using XI assets and story to make a 'lite' version of the game for a brand-new market makes a TON of sense.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2019-09-30 11:30:18
Link | Citer | R

WOW CLASSIC IS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT GAME COMPARED TO XI CLASSIC

WoW classic essentially redefined the MMO genre, and was much more solo friendly.

FFXI classic was absolutely brutal comparatively and you needed a group or else.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-09-30 11:37:00
Link | Citer | R

As an avid consumer of the leading *** giving "Not one single", I just have to say, well, who gives one?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-09-30 11:49:24
Link | Citer | R

Jet hates FFXIV, so any profit made by that game is considered a waste.
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2019-09-30 14:35:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Jet hates FFXIV, so any profit made by that game is considered a waste.
I love Jet cause he hates XIV, for the rest he's a big meanie.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-09-30 15:14:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sirris said: »
FFXI Classic would be a terrible idea. Terrible. Imagine HNM camps again. As adults with lives and careers. It would be impossible.

The game would be ruled by unemployed family-less adults living in basements.

....ohwait.
[+]
By ryukin182 2019-09-30 15:19:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Suteru said: »
WOW CLASSIC IS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT GAME COMPARED TO XI CLASSIC

WoW classic essentially redefined the MMO genre, and was much more solo friendly.

FFXI classic was absolutely brutal comparatively and you needed a group or else.

While the whole reason I played ffxi over wow in 2005 was because ffxi didnt hold your hand. WoW did, and still does treat you like you're a mentally handicapped moron who can't even open a door without being told how to get to the door, and have the game open the door for you. While I remember those days, and love them, I do not want to have the game that hard again. It was indeed brutal and no longer have the time for it.
[+]
By Dagmar 2019-09-30 17:13:05
Link | Citer | R

Ffxi classic? Circa 2005? Let me call my ex wife up too while were at it. Living with her was probably less brutal than ffxi back then

Edit: besides it wasnt the game that was so great back then. Dont get me wrong it was good, but it was the community and people. That's all gone and most servers are a ghost town these days
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-09-30 17:41:05
Link | Citer | R

~FFXI CLassic~
Come none, come few!
We have, four separate auction houses for you to check for items no one is making!
aggressive monsters that do not despawn; instead they will kill their way back home.
Taxes throughout Jeuno!
Mind numbingly long respawn times for anything worth camping and drop rates that will make you realize, you are a masochist!
NPCs to join your linkshells, simulating real people by: falling asleep at HNM camps, server transfer the moment they are given a rare item drop/lots of gil/materials to make a relic!
NPCs will also party up with you for BC/KSNM fights, where you go last, of course the party disbands before the final round.
[+]
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-09-30 17:48:56
Link | Citer | R

You forgot:

Seeking party flagged up in town for 3h, finally getting a tell inviting you to cape terrigan *** party, after spending 4k on a Altep Tele taxi, choco through altep and run while oiled through kuftal to reach them 15mins later. They then disband after 1 pull cause the black mage's toes are cold and the pld needs to sleep.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-09-30 21:50:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Elizabet said: »
You forgot:

Seeking party flagged up in town for 3h, finally getting a tell inviting you to cape terrigan *** party, after spending 4k on a Altep Tele taxi, choco through altep and run while oiled through kuftal to reach them 15mins later. They then disband after 1 pull cause the black mage's toes are cold and the pld needs to sleep.
This will also be NPC simulated as no one wants to relive actual '05 FFXI.
NPC will randomly give requests to join parties at locations specific to said level. Actual number per day is dependent on job you seek as. if anon, it's set to BST tier (one invite per month).
Party duration is a mix of two components, # of deaths RNG & duration RNG. WARNING # of deaths & duration can be 0, meaning as soon as you join the party & enter zone the party may disband.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2019-09-30 23:23:09
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-09-30 23:35:34
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Ca Caw! Ca Caw!
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-09-30 23:39:04
Link | Citer | R

WoW is a terrible game... even worse than post 75 cap FFXI
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Mattelot 2019-10-01 09:15:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
It's the beginning of month 2, WoW has been "dying" for a decade now. I'll change my tune when we're maybe 6~ months in and WoW Classic is still this popular.

Exactly. It's been out for less than 2 months. You've still got the tourists who will quit once they're 60 and realize you don't get good loot for doing next to nothing. And you've got a lot of nostalgic players who will wear thin before long.

I do think several will stick around but wait until "shiny" wears off.
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-10-01 10:27:13
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
On Wow classic you can play solo just fine via questing (the only difference is it's a bit harder to kill mobs), the other major difference is that you have to build groups via shout and not group finder. The rest are pvp differences.

FFXI "classic" has no solo leveling option at all, it already has shout based grouping and has no pvp to speak of.

So FFXI classic would be a server that forces all leveling via grouping.. and that's it, removal of trusts etc.

Force group based leveling is a huge NO to 99% of the entire population of the planet earth these days, ain't nobody got the time for that.

Also: If they did this, our game would get less content because they would be wasting time on that.

Here is how I see it:

FFXIV is current wow
FFXI is classic already
Facts
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11