Fell Cleave

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Fell Cleave
Fell Cleave
By Galkapryme 2019-09-15 11:36:43
Link | Citer | R

The 2 Geo + Sam setup seems to work pretty well, and I appreciate the CORs who buff clients. But has anyone tried swapping out the SAM for a WAR and going old school Fell Cleave in Apex zones?
By Pantafernando 2019-09-15 11:58:23
Link | Citer | R

I think there is some setup of PLD Aeolian Edge cleaving, but fell cleave is physical while apex mobs weakness is magic.

Not sure if it will work. Not sure how long would it last holding so many mobs.

Could as well just cleave with RUN though. Turms hands + feet can allow some recovery.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-09-15 13:02:03
Link | Citer | R

I've tried this actually for farming Omen and it should definitely be possible with WAR's DT Options + Retaliation + a Healer

But be forewarned, Fell Cleave Damage sucks :(

BiS WAR and I believe the most I could pull off on Cleave was around 6k? If that? I think it was usually like 4k per WS or something.

Which is fine for clearing out Sweetwater Omen mobs but if trying for Apex?

It's definitely possible to "Spin-To-Win" but you'll be "Spinning" for a while for each pull I think lol
 Bahamut.Butmunch
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2019-09-15 15:26:13
Link | Citer | R

fell Cleave can hit 10k+ easy
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-09-15 16:36:52
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Butmunch said: »

Hmmm %60 STR with a 2.75 fTP? Idk man.
I admit I don’t remember the exact damages but I distinctly remember it being rather poor for AoE Damage.

Capped PDIF with R15 Chango has our hits around 1390?
400 STR x .6 = 240 added damage (1390 + 240 = 1630)
1630 x 2.85 fTP (using both Fotia because can’t figure what else to use?) = 4,645.5 x 1.6 (60% WS Damage) puts you at 7,234.8, 9,062.8 if DA, 10,692.8 if TA.

The problem here is that the WSs Damage formula has never changed since it was added back in Abyssea so compared to Revamped and Modern WSs? It’s pretty weak. Very useful don’t get me wrong but it’s still very weak and unlikely to break 10k without a Triple unless I’m Calculating that very badly. Plus, I’m not sure if DA and TA is able to proc on multiple targets?

So like I said, it’ll definitely work and WAR can just TP feed with Retaliation and go at it, it just might take longer than expected to clear a path of mobs. Or might be more efficient to use Retaliation to Step-Chain and rapidly kill one by one?

Dunno just trying to give an answer for the OP
By Nariont 2019-09-15 16:41:15
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
There's no point in using Fell Cleave in Omen, better to use AoE sleep WS on Greatsword.

2x FC in omen kills most non-transcendent mobs, plus if its WAR doing it then the sleep hurts more than helps provided theyre using retaliation. Only ever use shockwave to TH tag or to actually sleep stuff, not to do aoe dmg
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-15 18:21:56
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Yandaime said: »

I admit I don’t remember the exact damages but I distinctly remember it being rather poor for AoE Damage.

1630 x 2.85 fTP (using both Fotia because can’t figure what else to use?) = 4,645.5 x 1.6 (60% WS Damage) puts you at 7,234.8, 9,062.8 if DA, 10,692.8 if TA.

The problem here is that the WSs Damage formula has never changed since it was added back in Abyssea so compared to Revamped and Modern WSs? It’s pretty weak. Very useful don’t get me wrong but it’s still very weak and unlikely to break 10k without a Triple unless I’m Calculating that very badly. Plus, I’m not sure if DA and TA is able to proc on multiple targets?

So like I said, it’ll definitely work and WAR can just TP feed with Retaliation and go at it, it just might take longer than expected to clear a path of mobs. Or might be more efficient to use Retaliation to Step-Chain and rapidly kill one by one?

You both noticeably underestimated how much damage a normal hit does with capped PDIF and calculated the STR mod benefit wrong.

Normal DMG of 352 + 47 from fSTR + 240 from mod = 639
639 DMG * ~4 (pdif) * 2.95 (ftp) * 1.6 (WSDMG) = ~12000
1 DA does ~14600, 1 TA does ~17100

You can increase damage further by using Lycurgos instead of Chango.

DRKs can hit even harder due to a higher PDIF cap and PDL JSE neck, as well.
[+]
 Asura.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2019-09-15 21:40:42
Link | Citer | R

I fell cleave on DRK using Lycurgos all the time when speeding through Omen floors. I’ll usually pull the entire initial floors and take them all out with 2-3 WS’s. It’s fun on DRK.
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-09-15 22:39:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
Valefor.Yandaime said: »

You both noticeably underestimated how much damage a normal hit does with capped PDIF and calculated the STR mod benefit wrong.

Normal DMG of 352 + 47 from fSTR + 240 from mod = 639
639 DMG * ~4 (pdif) * 2.95 (ftp) * 1.6 (WSDMG) = ~12000
1 DA does ~14600, 1 TA does ~17100

You can increase damage further by using Lycurgos instead of Chango.

DRKs can hit even harder due to a higher PDIF cap and PDL JSE neck, as well.

Ahhh, I see where I messed up. Thanks for that. Still though, that's rather low for the effect of trying to cleave Apex mobs I would think. Or is the OP contemplating Mass-Pulls?
By Galkapryme 2019-09-15 23:16:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Nebohh said: »
I fell cleave on DRK using Lycurgos all the time when speeding through Omen floors. I’ll usually pull the entire initial floors and take them all out with 2-3 WS’s. It’s fun on DRK.

I used to FC on DRK in Abyssea years ago. Drain II and Dread Spikes made it fun and easy.
 Asura.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2019-09-15 23:34:15
Link | Citer | R

Galkapryme said: »
Asura.Nebohh said: »

I used to FC on DRK in Abyssea years ago. Drain II and Dread Spikes made it fun and easy.
Exact same concept.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Weinberg
user: Weinberg
By Asura.Weinberg 2019-09-16 05:05:45
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
There's no point in using Fell Cleave in Omen, better to use AoE sleep WS on Greatsword.

2x FC in omen kills most non-transcendent mobs, plus if its WAR doing it then the sleep hurts more than helps provided theyre using retaliation. Only ever use shockwave to TH tag or to actually sleep stuff, not to do aoe dmg
So does 2x shockwave, it's infitely safer to do with the sleeps. I've died half the time I have used Fell Cleave.
I'd like to see your shockwave set then, because Fell Cleave is a 2.75 fTP 60% STR mod WS with no TP growth and Shockwave is 1.0 fTP 30% STR/30% MND mod WS with no TP growth. By all accounts, Fell Cleave (~16k dmg) should pretty much be at least 2.75 times better in terms of damage: therefore putting Shockwave max damage at around 5.8k ignoring multihits. Not to mention Great Axes tend to have higher base damages than Great Swords.

Therefore if you are killing things in 2 shockwaves you could've just killed them in 1 fc.

I do find shockwave to be safer for mass pulls though when you don't have a tank and/or without Dread Spikes/capped hp.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-09-16 05:44:05
Link | Citer | R

So does 2x shockwave, it's infitely safer to do with the sleeps. I've died half the time I have used Fell Cleave.

Yeah, nah. You got a point in not dying though on war you want to stay in your dt set and let retal do the work, if they were slept prior can time it inbetween their swings to mitigate some of the danger, but from a dmg perspective shockwave will never match FC dmg wise

As far as cleaving trash goes with a phys WS, think putting them lined up against a wall and doing sonic thrust is your best bet, atleast I think thats the only phys aoe that has dmg scaling