Block Those Stars!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Block those stars!
Block those stars!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-08-24 19:30:25
Link | Citer | R

Not the stars that hover over names.

The stars RMT sites put in their yells. If there was a way to make anything with a star like that not show up in my chat window, that would knock out a big % of RMT yells I seem to see. Also, maybe the same idea could be used to remove any yell that has the number "2100" in it as that is just scammers trying to bot JP (or flat out steal gil for saying they're going to get you some JP).

The frequency of these yells is simply too much to keep up with via blocklist. If there was some setting in Windower that someone could guide me to, that would be splendid. I'm not really familiar with coding stuff, but if I was pointed in the right direction, I could try. Thanks in advance.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-08-24 19:54:17
Link | Citer | R

11 yells in a minute and a half?! that's some kinda active server alright

edit: and yelling for assault?!?!?! what yeeeear is it (seriously, ask your linkshell, guy)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-24 20:03:48
Link | Citer | R

So, one of two things is happening here.

Like you say there can't be that many people going to their sites... but there have to be to make this much effort in advertising it. It has to be doing something or they would stop bothering.

Or, it's desperation. Prices are down. and I mean, a lot. You can pick up for .33 a mil. it's fallen more than 66% in less than a year. To say the market is FLOODED is an understatement.

Also, YES, we need a keyword blocking lua. Whoever developes a keyword blocker so it can be used to block any yell that contains "word (or symbol)" will be a mother *** hero.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-08-24 20:25:45
Link | Citer | R

I was thinking a variation of whatever keeps the log from showing the "Equip changed". The Silence addon. I think it's probably going to have something to do with adding more rules to it.

Probably in this area:

...because it's showing the things that it prevents from displaying.

I don't mess with this stuff much though. All that coding and exceptions and rules stuff people use for equip-swaps and such is beyond me. Actually... by just looking at it, I'm starting to get some ideas. *shrugs* Maybe I'll end up playing the "necessity breeds invention" card and figure the heckin' thing out by myself.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-24 20:26:39
Link | Citer | R

OH SNAP.

https://github.com/SammehFFXI/FFXIAddons/tree/master/Snub

Does it ALREADY block anything you want it to with the //snub add "item" -- Adds an Item to Ignore List command!?!?!?!?!?!

Can you straight up add any keyword and block that yell?

Download that *** lua and put the stars in the command right now and test!

Doesn't work, at least that way. Get sammeh on the batphone though and maybe it can be modified to do that.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-08-24 20:34:58
Link | Citer | R

I hate being the little baby that doesn't know how to use a lua, but yeah. I have to be that person. I don't even see what I need to be downloading here. I right-clicked the snub.lua and saved it to my desktop. How do I get it from there to be a addon I can use/toggle/etc? Forgive my n00bness in this field. Everyone was a noob at one point and, if anything, it just shows how long I played this game without using these sorts of things.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-24 20:35:55
Link | Citer | R

I beat you to it to test it out, it doesn't do what you (I) want it to do (yet).
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-08-24 20:38:24
Link | Citer | R

Okay. Well, I'll fiddle with attempting to make new rules with Silence and hope that me and a little .txt editor can pull something together.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-08-24 20:45:31
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
11 yells in a minute and a half?! that's some kinda active server alright

edit: and yelling for assault?!?!?! what yeeeear is it (seriously, ask your linkshell, guy)

Yes. This is what Asura's yells normally look like. Then, randomly, it can flare up with 15~20 minutes of people trolling each other with trigger phrases like "Trump 2020" and "flat earth" and the like.

That sort of thing is more of the exception and not the rule, however. Weekends tend to be worse, but yeah. Other than the random flare-ups of people acting silly, vile, hateful, and such... most of the time it's just people trying to buy/sell services/items, RMT yells, and the odd person wanting to organize something.

It only truly gets to be like the built-up Asura yell ***-show people imagine when they hear about Asura when the free-to-play event is going on and it brings out all the sad trolls that can't afford $13 a month or don't care if they get banned on their old accounts.

I doubt the person yelling for help with Assault really needs the help. They likely just want to team up to progress and due to the number of players on Asura, someone is likely wanting to push through Assaults too so they may as well do it together.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-24 20:47:08
Link | Citer | R

One of you geniuses have to be able to make or modify that to block specific words.

That idea wouldn't work what I had posted here, it blocks actual items and autotranslated words that exist in the library I guess, and the shouters don't use the "autotranslated" star. just the star so it wouldn't work that easily.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-08-24 20:48:03
Link | Citer | R

Edit: Double-post.
By Masunasu 2019-08-24 21:36:40
Link | Citer | R

See Chiaia's solution here:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53964/block-those-stars/2/#3448473
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-24 21:43:51
Link | Citer | R

Dope. It works. mad love. make that file, you will never see another RMT shout (as long as they keep using the stars.........)

Screen 1 no addon
Screen 2 new addon

Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-08-24 21:50:29
Link | Citer | R

What file do I add that code? Again, sorry for the n00b question.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-24 21:52:47
Link | Citer | R

make a new folder (I called it stars, obviously)

Copy paste that onto note++ save as Stars.lua

Drop it in the new file, drop file in add-ons

//lua load stars

(then add stars to the init text so that its always on)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-24 22:03:50
Link | Citer | R

It's too bad that you can't tell (everyone) about this, because if you shout that it was made, then the shouters will know to remove the stars and nullify it.

...so... try not to be the guy that *** it up
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-08-24 22:06:50
Link | Citer | R

Thank you two. One more question / request:

Can you whip up something to block the number 2100 from showing up in my chat log? As you can see with Eiryl's screengrab and mine, RMT and/or botters like to say they will sell 2100 JP. I'd like to rid my life of ever seeing the number 2100 again. I wouldn't want to block the "500" part of their yells as the string of numbers 5 0 0 could be part of a yell I may want to see, but I highly doubt I'd ever care about missing seeing the number 2100 in my text box.

Thank you so much for your help with this issue. It's been driving me batty lately. I'm not even sure if I should post a 'not all heroes wear capes' or a 'you're the real MVP' pic here, but yeah. Both.
By Masunasu 2019-08-24 22:24:44
Link | Citer | R

Edited out - see Chiaia's solution here:
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-24 22:26:07
Link | Citer | R

You da man

(literally just overwrite the old stars.lua with that new one, it's that easy) and obviously reload the lua.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-08-24 22:37:19
Link | Citer | R

Seems to be functioning as intended. All I had to do was add the person selling exp leech spots to blacklist (Minervapa) and it cleared up my chat log for more important things.

Magical Masunasu punching those keys for us. Here is Sean Connery telling you that you're the man now, dog.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Also, Eiryl too for letting me in that I needed Notepad++ to accomplish this sort of line-by-line code stuff.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-25 01:15:26
Link | Citer | R

Ya know... it just still isn't enough.

Stand in town for 10 minutes and you'll still get 600 PL/buy/cp/xp yells.

Thinking about just straight up blocking the word points.

With what's already there, I can just start adding ***I don't want to ever see again, and it should be good yeah?

Quote:
elseif (windower.convert_auto_trans(org):lower():match("dhalmel") or org:lower():match('trump') or org:lower():match('president') or org:lower():match('ronstadt')
or org:lower():match('cheguevarahulk') or org:lower():match('cheg') or org:lower():match('mom')) then
return true

I'll never have to see any Dhalmel movies? Or trump 2020? or lol cheg youre a tard? or "don't join ronstadt shouts"? or hurhur your mom? This could rapidly become the single greatest thing ever. Make a whole new thread just for "words worth blacklisting"
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2019-08-25 01:58:51
Link | Citer | R

too bad we didnt have this years ago when there were 87 sephiroth's running around every server at the same time.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-08-25 02:36:35
Link | Citer | R

Caerda said: »
Finally I don't have to worry about King of Hearts chat.

The truth of the matter is that the RMT aren't robots; they're all cardians.

[+]
By kishr 2019-08-25 03:44:30
Link | Citer | R

I +1 this!
By kishr 2019-08-25 04:40:02
Link | Citer | R

Edited out - see Chiaia's solution here:
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-08-25 05:11:25
Link | Citer | R

Edit: Nevermind. Beat me to it. Good job, team!

The only problem with making this a mainstream plugin is that they might decide to phrase things to work around it, but still... that would be lame for them as people that go this far are NOT in need of their services. *shrugs* Oh well. Glad this turned out so well. Thanks for all of your efforts, everyone.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8