Ninja Paid 1 Million Dollars To Stream A Game

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Ninja paid 1 million dollars to stream a game
Ninja paid 1 million dollars to stream a game
First Page 2 3 4 5

| Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-03-13 21:32:25
Link | Citer | R

He's worth only what retards who follow him are willing to put up with. Idiots watch trash, case in *** point.

He's still nobody, and it is still irrelevant.
[+]
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: voiceless
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2019-03-13 21:51:58
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
He's worth only what retards who follow him are willing to put up with. Idiots watch trash, case in *** point.

is it wrong to be born that way?
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-03-13 22:23:40
Link | Citer | R

We're just not his target demographic.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-13 22:27:38
Link | Citer | R

He's a piece of ***. But if you got money to do the same, you would be too.
[+]
 Asura.Magitaru
user: Magitek
By Asura.Magitaru 2019-03-14 00:13:02
Link | Citer | R

Shroud > Ninja in everything, including life
[+]
By Foxfire 2019-03-14 00:16:34
Link | Citer | R

He was paid to promote a free game. That's not the same as going out of your way to play a subscription-based game for free using private servers. EA recognizes ninja is currently the face of Battle Royale games, so naturally they're gonna put in efforts to make him shill and push people to play the "next big Battle Royale". This is apples to oranges.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-03-14 00:26:31
Link | Citer | R

Man I wish I could get paid a million dollars to sit around and be a piece of ***all day.
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2019-03-14 02:10:42
Link | Citer | R

i do it for free, gotta do what u love
[+]
By Draylo 2019-03-14 03:29:24
Link | Citer | R

Incredible the power that these 12 year olds hold. I kept seeing the same trends as they bop from one game to the next and all the games suck. The sickening part is how all of social media and youtube/gaming worlds follow these trends to get views and subs and do nothing else. It makes people question, why the hell are these games so popular?
[+]
By geigei 2019-03-14 03:49:04
Link | Citer | R

I was expecting ninja from die antwoord...sadface.
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2019-03-14 04:02:06
Link | Citer | R

i wish he never recovered from ligma
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-03-14 06:53:04
Link | Citer | R

Is he a nobody if he is as recognizable by name as celebrities? I get the popular thing is to hate on popular figures that are successful but tone down that edge maybe just a little.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2019-03-14 06:56:09
Link | Citer | R

I hate Twitch culture and I dislike mainstream content creators like Ninja for the most part, but saying he's nobody and irrelevant is factually, objectively incorrect. He has gotten to such a supermassive state that he was involved with the ***' New Years Day celebrations. Regardless of his target demographic (I. E. Ppl approximately 10-30 years younger than anyone who reads this forum), he is certainly what most people would call a celebrity.
[+]
By geigei 2019-03-14 06:57:38
Link | Citer | R

Never knew who dis guy was, hence is a nobody for me.
[+]
By kishr 2019-03-14 07:13:31
Link | Citer | R

Who gives a ***.... Didn't know who he was and still don't care.
Why all the salt.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-03-14 08:09:33
Link | Citer | R

There is an ex-FFXI player who is now a low tier youtuber, he's making pretty decent money despite having only 10k subs and having mostly garbage content (he buys the latest hyped game, makes a let's play video per day, rinse repeat).
Then again, what I consider "pretty decent money" may be pocket change for some people or a fortune for others.

People really underestimate the money thrown at this part of the industry.

Draylo said: »
why the hell are these games so popular?
Because they're the trend. No more, no less.

What makes them the trend? The fact that people play them.

All these companies have to do is to attract people and have them play their game, even once, or even create an account and never play, that's perfect, too.

They can then inflate and make up numbers on the fly (just like FFXIV does with its subscribers for example), which will in turn make more people follow the trend and so on.

I'm not the target demographic so they have literally 0 power on me but this whole "amateur online influencer" era we are going through makes sense to me.

When I was their age I was influenced by Rodney Mullen, Ninja is their Rodney Mullen, as simple as that. Ninja plays Fortnite? Let's try it! The same way we got a board back then to try stuff.

What surprises me personally is that those influencers, those people followed by so many, they're literally not even good at what they play. I mean, they won tournaments (where 12 years olds were rampant and nobody else spent as much time trying to be good at), they were pro at some point (if Shroud is who I think it is), but they aren't even worth remembering on whichever game they peaked on.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-03-14 08:15:24
Link | Citer | R

I’m a lil jelly.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2019-03-14 08:47:56
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
What surprises me personally is that those influencers, those people followed by so many, they're literally not even good at what they play. I mean, they won tournaments (where 12 years olds were rampant and nobody else spent as much time trying to be good at), they were pro at some point (if Shroud is who I think it is), but they aren't even worth remembering on whichever game they peaked on.

What I will say about Ninja is that he is genuinely good at Fortnite which is a rare thing to see in influences as you've said. Can only think of a couple off the top of my head that I'd label as genuinely skillful at their main stream game (Broman for destiny 2, Mathil for Poe).

... Broman's the only one with a personality I personally mesh with though. I'm sure Ninja is perfectly entertaining for plenty of other people though otherwise he wouldn't be getting paid a million smackaroos to play a single video game. Definitely worse games to play than Apex Legends too.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-03-14 08:50:05
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
factually, objectively incorrect
Not at all. All a matter of perspective. But I'm not one who considers celebrities as relevant either.

content creators
This term right here is what is wrong with society. This isn't content just as me shitting in a bowl isn't content.

People need to get the *** off my lawn.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-03-14 08:51:14
Link | Citer | R

It's okay to be wrong dude.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-03-14 08:51:29
Link | Citer | R

factually, objectively incorrect
Not at all. All a matter of perspective. But I'm not one who considers celebrities as relevant either.

content creators
This term right here is what is wrong with society. This isn't content just as me shitting in a bowl isn't content.

People need to get the *** off my lawn.
But didn't 2 girls do that to a cup tho????
[+]
By Aerison 2019-03-14 08:57:46
Link | Citer | R

Bunch of salty jealous people in here, if you got paid to do what he does you'd sell out in an instant.
By geigei 2019-03-14 08:59:50
Link | Citer | R

Aerison said: »
Bunch of salty jealous people in here, if you got paid to do what he does you'd sell out in an instant.
Not everyone is a ***.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-03-14 09:10:49
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »
Not everyone is a ***.
Or need money.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-14 09:46:10
Link | Citer | R

Do I need money? No. Would I do what Ninja does if I believed I could be that peppy and had offers to be paid that much? Absolutely.

Anyone saying otherwise is jealous and full of ***. It's fine to dislike him, his stream persona is incredibly grating and he's making a shitton just because prepubescents find him cool. Saying you wouldn't do the same is nutty, unless you're already a multi-millionaire or something.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-03-14 09:50:31
Link | Citer | R

Clearly they don't need more money and are fine living off instant ramen.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-14 09:51:23
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »
Not everyone is a ***.

Everyone IS a ***. If you think you aren't, it's because no one is offering you money to be one.
First Page 2 3 4 5