Forum » Windower » General » Random 1-3 sec freezes after update
Random 1-3 sec freezes after update
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-12-17 15:00:23
Link | Citer | R

OK dual boxing was running fine. Brand new computer 1080ti vid card. I am getting times where I freeze up for a couple seconds on both toons at same time. It is like game is freezing up but then comes back. I run dual monitors and no dgvudu. Anyone else experiencing these issue and have a fix?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-17 15:14:06
Link | Citer | R

with a 1080Ti you really should be using dgvoodoo
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-12-17 15:23:32
Link | Citer | R

Oh. I remember back before I got this system I used it with my alienware area 51 (dual 1080gtx's) but I put that in my sons room as he plays more games, I only play ffxi. I was unaware of the recommendation for a Ti.

Great now to figure out how to set this up again. Had a hard time last time as it would not display npc's or my toon just names. A friend helped me set it up.
By Jetackuu 2018-12-17 15:55:35
Link | Citer | R

Normally don't help people who reference their "player character" as a "toon" but it sounds like you're having network lag to me.
[+]
By Draylo 2018-12-17 15:59:11
Link | Citer | R

It only works in Toon Town, anyone remember that MMO
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-12-17 17:47:00
Link | Citer | R

Is alt better? I have 1gig cable net but seems odd it just started.
By Zerowone 2018-12-17 17:47:22
Link | Citer | R

Try restarting. Had a similar issue after the most recent update (the freezing up for 3-7s). But corrected itself after a hook update.

Since it’s a new rig make sure you got legacy features and direct play enabled.

Keep in mind you can play the game off a modern day CPU without a dedicated GPU.

Ex: i5 8250u runs it just fine.

Edit: if you’re using Windower it might be a bad plugin or hook update. There was a couple this past weekend.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Kreed89 2018-12-17 21:18:40
Link | Citer | R

Do you notice some sort of "chime" when this happens? That's the issue I'm having. Refocusing the window by Alt-Tabbing twice fixes it faster, or I can wait a few seconds. At first I thought this was because maybe some device was connecting to the computer, but I've tried turning every bluetooth/autoplay setting off that I can and it's still happening.
By ocean 2018-12-17 21:44:37
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
with a 1080Ti you really should be using dgvoodoo

Could you explain/elaborate porfavor?
By Jetackuu 2018-12-17 21:50:40
Link | Citer | R

Also for the lulz if you aren't using a controller, disable it.
By Nyarlko 2018-12-17 22:10:25
Link | Citer | R

Could be Windows downloading an update. I just got hit w/ them on all three of my laptops. Windows Update running in the "background" can suck up a huge amount of resources.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-18 10:16:28
Link | Citer | R

ocean said: »

You certainly aren't running out of vram or considering maxing out your gpu if you have a card that good, and nvidia's had pretty consistant driver issues with ffxi for the last 3-4 generations. Unless you really really need the default mouse cursor, it's a solid improvement to be using dgvoodoo(shift more load to your super nice gpu, uses more streamlined functions, and option of adding in resharper for a more noticable graphical improvement.. if you do have nvidia crashes it's likely to fix them).

If it were a 5 year old piece of ***card, there'd be more of a give and take since the added GPU load may not actually improve performance. That said, in almost all cases dgvoodoo is still worth having imo.
[+]
By ocean 2018-12-18 11:49:03
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
ocean said: »

You certainly aren't running out of vram or considering maxing out your gpu if you have a card that good, and nvidia's had pretty consistant driver issues with ffxi for the last 3-4 generations. Unless you really really need the default mouse cursor, it's a solid improvement to be using dgvoodoo(shift more load to your super nice gpu, uses more streamlined functions, and option of adding in resharper for a more noticable graphical improvement.. if you do have nvidia crashes it's likely to fix them).

If it were a 5 year old piece of ***card, there'd be more of a give and take since the added GPU load may not actually improve performance. That said, in almost all cases dgvoodoo is still worth having imo.

Ah, thank you!