Choose-your-boss Sinister Reign
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Cerberus.Boogs
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-10-10 11:28:06
Link | Citer | R

I tried Ingrid just now, and won without getting any drops. The system says game time was reset to 6 minutes upon her defeat (probably to give people time to clear inventory if applicable). After exiting with the arena flies, I could no longer interact with the transposer until I changed zones (i.e. clicking on it just untargets it). Anyone else run into this issue?
 Asura.Suteru
Serveur: Asura
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-10-10 11:47:10
Link | Citer | R

It just happens sometimes when it's congested. Happened before this update, too. You can also clear it by running out of range and them back.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hammerskin
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Hammerskin 2018-10-10 12:22:21
Link | Citer | R

Can anyone confirm "drops" from boss pick? 0/15 on any drop whatsoever.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-10-10 12:23:43
Link | Citer | R

It's a low % drop rate when you pick your own boss to fight.
 Cerberus.Boogs
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-10-10 13:18:03
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hammerskin said: »
Can anyone confirm "drops" from boss pick? 0/15 on any drop whatsoever.

Went in as a group, and three of us were 0/10 (I had two solo fights as well which put me at 0/12). In a party of 6, we had one person get 4 decanters, two others each get 1 decanter.

This method is feeling like a waste of bayld. At least the old way gave you copper vouchers or a partial refund of 1k bayld.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-10 13:24:06
Link | Citer | R

Random is random. Route 1 is random. Route 2 is random. They're are both equally random.

Burn bayld faster for more chances per hour

That chance is still 1% however.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2018-10-10 13:36:30
Link | Citer | R

After the fight is over, you should 'obtained'
https://www.ffxiah.com/item/6521/dec-ingrid

a decanter item that you can open for a random item/aug. Even a damn cipher.....
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-10-10 13:36:34
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Boogs said: »
Went in as a group, and three of us were 0/10 (I had two solo fights as well which put me at 0/12). In a party of 6, we had one person get 4 decanters, two others each get 1 decanter.

This method is feeling like a waste of bayld. At least the old way gave you copper vouchers or a partial refund of 1k bayld.
Hmm well ***.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-10-10 13:39:23
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
After the fight is over, you should 'obtained'
https://www.ffxiah.com/item/6521/dec-ingrid

a decanter item that you can open for a random item/aug. Even a damn cipher.....
Would be nice but SE already confirmed if you do this option might get nothing:(

Second on the list is Sinister Reign. Many of you have voiced frustration that enemies are chosen randomly, so we’ve decided to answer the call and add a route where you can choose your own foes. That said, we needed it to coexist with the existing system, so we’ve set up a trade-off: while you’ll be able to choose your foes in the new system, there’s a chance you may not reap any spoils. With the traditional route, in return for the downside of having foes selected randomly, you’re guaranteed to earn items for your victory. Furthermore, in the new route where you can choose your own foes, there’s a higher that the items you earn will be of higher quality. We encourage you to weigh the options and choose the route that’s right for you.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2018-10-10 13:41:00
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-10-10 13:44:20
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Congrats! Like the updated states, “That said, we needed it to coexist with the existing system, so we’ve set up a trade-off: while you’ll be able to choose your foes in the new system, there’s a chance you may not reap any spoils.”
Congrats you got something while there are moments you won’t.
 Cerberus.Boogs
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-10-10 14:09:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Random is random. Route 1 is random. Route 2 is random. They're are both equally random.

Burn bayld faster for more chances per hour

That chance is still 1% however.

Route 1 is a better return of investment. Even if you get crap drops, you can still convert them to copper vouchers. Items can be sold for gil, and in the worst case you can get a refund of 1k bayld.

Route 2 means you could get a streak of 10 empty wins for a straight loss of 50k bayld.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-10 14:15:59
Link | Citer | R

Meh, do you really care about copper vouchers and bayld.

If you kill Ingrid 10 times in 30 seconds you can spend the free time you would've spent killing Darculin getting the bayld back from wrecking 1 WKR in 5 minutes.

You're spending more to (theoretically) speed up the process, this is logical.

(the part that fails the logic test is the drop rate is still too low)
 Cerberus.Boogs
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-10-10 14:37:33
Link | Citer | R

Meh, do you really care about copper vouchers and bayld.

If you kill Ingrid 10 times in 30 seconds you can spend the free time you would've spent killing Darculin getting the bayld back from wrecking 1 WKR in 5 minutes.

You're spending more to (theoretically) speed up the process, this is logical.

(the part that fails the logic test is the drop rate is still too low)

The kill time is not the issue. It's the time wasted having to zone in/out and talk to Malboro and sometimes having to rezone or walk away from the transposer that is considerably more time consuming than the kills themselves.

I am not convinced this is any faster; starting to think it is also not any better.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-10 14:41:55
Link | Citer | R

(It's not)

(theoretically)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-10 14:47:56
Link | Citer | R

The fix was in the moment they announced the trade-off: possible no spoils. Any sensible person was assuming this would be somewhere like 50%. Even 30%. But the moment they added that little condition I knew they were going to botch it from the very start. It's a great idea in principle and it still serves a purpose for specific people such as myself who probably aren't going to be totally bothered to dunno a few hundred thousand bayld to finally get capped malevolence X2. There's a good reason they didn't bother improving the new system, but rather just added this new path. It was for an intended audience.

Really, stick to option 1 if you're worried about wasting bayld and time, because the new option hardly is designed for those players. Some people have a really hard time walking away with nothing after a long time of hunting. But it's no different from farming defending rings.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-10-10 14:54:03
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The fix was in the moment they announced the trade-off: possible no spoils. Any sensible person was assuming this would be somewhere like 50%. Even 30%. But the moment they added that little condition I knew they were going to botch it from the very start. It's a great idea in principle and it still serves a purpose for specific people such as myself who probably aren't going to be totally bothered to dunno a few hundred thousand bayld to finally get capped malevolence X2. There's a good reason they didn't bother improving the new system, but rather just added this new path. It was for an intended audience.

Really, stick to option 1 if you're worried about wasting bayld and time, because the new option hardly is designed for those players. Some people have a really hard time walking away with nothing after a long time of hunting. But it's no different from farming defending rings.
I see your point. I was hoping for 1/5 something I’m not expecting max augs. But after talking to some people that are spamming this a lot are 1/10 1/14 etc. I’ll still try the option but I’m still on the fence. It’s good to see different opinions on this.
 Sylph.Darkside
Serveur: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-10-10 14:57:49
Link | Citer | R

My Question is the people who got decaners. How good was the gear that was given? Was it maxed augments?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-10 15:00:14
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Darkside said: »
My Question is the people who got decaners. How good was the gear that was given? Was it maxed augments?

Safe to assume both of them (lol) were not. Since they did not post.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-10-10 15:01:43
Link | Citer | R

Safe to assume both of them (lol) were not. Since they did not post.
We need a screenshot with perfect augs but the number percentage of each state is 1-5
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-10-10 15:10:11
Link | Citer | R

Decanter from Ingrid. (3 people entered only 1 decanter dropped)

Malevolence with INT9 Macc9 Matkk9 FC4
 Leviathan.Sidra
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-10-10 15:27:54
Link | Citer | R

2nd kill overall, Darcuiln (clearing initally to open the others), incantor drop perfect Amm Greaves.
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-10-10 15:33:53
Link | Citer | R

Near-perfect Damp Tam on the lone decanter that dropped on my mule.
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2018-10-10 15:39:42
Link | Citer | R

I just went 1/14 on Arciela... The decanter was a lolHimetsuruichimonji with STR+9 Accuracy+10 Attack+10 Quadruple Attack +2.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-10 15:40:50
Link | Citer | R

This is relevant information.

Nevermind, not quite that good, still a significant amount of possibilities overall, even counting the total near perfects.
 Cerberus.Boogs
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-10-10 15:44:14
Link | Citer | R

Did all bosses + 6 Teodors ... 0/15. (In and out of AFK but will update if I ever see even a single decantor.)
 Carbuncle.Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2018-10-10 15:47:58
Link | Citer | R

Well, 2/17 now and this time it was a Humility with just STR+5 Attack+10, so the decanters don't really promise any good augments at all.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-10 15:49:37
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Rajang said: »
Well, 2/17 now and this time it was a Humility with just STR+5 Attack+10, so the decanters don't really promise any good augments at all.

Well that shoots that in the ***. would've thought they at least made them all "near perfects" at least. Limiting the pool = higher chance of perfect.

[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-10-10 15:50:45
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Rajang said: »
Hmm maybe it’s time to start making a list of examples but percentage is pretty low obviously.
 Carbuncle.Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2018-10-10 15:51:21
Link | Citer | R

Well that shoots that in the ***. would've thought they at least made them all "near perfects" at least. Limiting the pool = higher chance of perfect.

Yeah, I thought that might be the case as well after seeing some of the posted drops, but nope. :(
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5