users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Iroha fight event
Iroha fight event
 Bahamut.Rakukonpaku
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Rakukonpaku 2019-07-19 00:39:17
Link | Citer | R

Going to chip in a little from the RDM perspective. All of the NMs were fairy easy to keep enfeebled, never taking more than two tries to land a spell and even that was rare.

During the fight I kept Iroha silenced to keep her from bursting any spells, and when it was getting close to the time the adds would be waking up I would silence Arciela, Prishe, and Nashmeira as well as paralyzing Lion and one or two of the others to take the edge off the burst that tends to happen. I highly reccommend doing so as Aricela can and will burst off chains, sometimes with ja spells that can really ruin the DDs. Since most of my damage was coming from en-spells, I didn't worry about burning TP when I needed to cast.

As a side note, if things are really desperate they are bindable, but I really wouldn't recommend trying to use it as an actual strategy.
[+]
 Bahamut.Minimuse
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2019-07-19 08:32:37
Link | Citer | R

Happy birthday Rakukonpaku <3

Since Crocea RDM does an excessive amount of enspell white damage, would dropping the WAR and adding a 2nd R25 Crocea RDM with magic buffs from COR, BRD and perhaps Gambit/Rayke work?

Tomahawk would not be neccessary since the meat of the damage is in enspell white damage and Leaden Salute.

We could workout a skillchain for COR to close darkness with Leaden.

Magic damage generates so little enmity.

The only hate issues I can forsee is Shozokui and Minimuse might not love Master RDM enough to get a Crocea for the purpose of weird battle science ┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-07-19 12:06:12
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Rakukonpaku said: »
Going to chip in a little from the RDM perspective. All of the NMs were fairy easy to keep enfeebled, never taking more than two tries to land a spell and even that was rare.

Good stuff. RDM was not really usable last year when we beat it, (we tried using RDM and it was not worth it any sense) Crocea and other stuff was not a thing yet, so the loss in DPS made the fight unmanageable. The new updates to RDM make it extemely viable in this fight now and allow for optimization of BRD songs among other things.

I reccomend killing Arciela and Lion before fighting Iroha; they melt really fast and eliminating them pretty much ends the other major threats in the fight. The other option is to keep those debilitated if you brtng a RDM like they did.

I too found RUN to be better for this fight however. Not from an enmity perspective though, they are about the same in this fight. The Skillchainer dds will cap hate eventually and either need to turn, die, or just ride it out in Hybs.

Edits x2
 Bahamut.Shozokui
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-07-19 14:01:26
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
I reccomend killing Arciela and Lion before fighting Iroha.

I don't agree with this. Lion will be on your heavy armor DD (that's what we experienced every fight) and that person should just put on their 50% DT / MEVA / HP set. She won't get enough TP between sleeps to use JAs and if she does, it's still a somewhat low chance for Walk the Plank. Your tank should have hate on the rest, just pop Epeo and your high meva / capped pdt set for a minute while they're being awoken to avoid getting bopped.

Also, when attempting to kill Lion, it takes too long to swap buffs on the cor and then have your SC opener get dispelled every JA. Time sink.

Other than that, the fight should be over within 15-20 minutes if you're going in with our strategy.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-07-19 14:12:15
Link | Citer | R

I'd also postulate that even without Crocea Mors build or the Sabo buffs, a RDM would have been useful. Their role would have been relatively the same. The fight might take 5-10min longer though.

1. Land distract (which landed fine when we tried last year before sabo buffs)

2. Land silence (much harder, but stymie still available before sabo buffs).

3. Provide Haste II

4. Apply inundation (always lands)

5. Participate in SC
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-07-19 14:19:01
Link | Citer | R

Lion dies in 2mins if you do it right and depending on your setup, so i guess it's preference. No real need to swap buffs either. SCH can pretty much solo Lion without any help. If you do her her first she doesn' act like the *** can be regarding crazy *** hate mechanics.

We tried with a RDM back then. And no, the DPS ceiling was too high without Crocea. You'd have to do a 5-6 step to get the dmg in, more chance of *** ups or the SC not actually closing. It might have been usefull, but not anywhere close to a key to winning this fight back then.

Recently we had been skipping Lion though cause we rather SP at the start and kill archiela cause shes dangerous.

Took us about 28mins to kill them both + iroha last year. So not that big of a deal either way.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-07-19 19:27:18
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for this Dreadpeeps, got a time down to 20:42 sec clear time using RUN RDM BRD COR SAM WHM (with outside songs and 2 rolls). RDM is undeniably OP in this fight and should be taken forever at this state of gameplay. Looks like a lot of people are gonna be clearing this soon everywhere. RDM really opens up possibilites for other buff adjustments.
[+]
 Bahamut.Minimuse
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2019-07-19 19:52:16
Link | Citer | R

All the best Mr. Lex <3
 Bahamut.Newzarb
user: newzarb
By Bahamut.Newzarb 2019-07-20 14:37:45
Link | Citer | R

I'd also add that going SAM/DRG and using High jump as often as possible helps to prevent capping hate which makes the fight a bit safer.
[+]
By Sammeh 2019-07-20 20:06:08
Link | Citer | R

Just take a THF/WAR for hate issues.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2019-07-21 14:54:29
Link | Citer | R

Sammeh said: »
Just take a THF/WAR for hate issues.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Make a Vaj.
By Afania 2019-07-21 20:28:23
Link | Citer | R

15 min win got! :D no hate issue with all physical ws at all.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [112 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Canibal
Serveur: Asura
user: L0ki79
By Asura.Canibal 2019-11-10 18:38:54
Link | Citer | R

PLD WHM RDM BRD MNK WAR
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-11-10 19:58:45
Link | Citer | R

Baron Butmunchhausen!
 Asura.Shiraj
Serveur: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-11 15:49:34
Link | Citer | R

So since it was over a year ago since my last win on this fight, an entirely new strat appeared and was way more efficient.
Taking advantage of RDM inside the fight was very helpful.
I have updated BG wiki with the new strat and hope that it will help more players beat this.
From what was once a nightmare, to a quite simple fight.

The new/updated strat
[+]